[Healthmaxx] GTFIH Fasting is a lot more beneficial than you think

gymislife

gymislife

watch if you dont have the attention span of an ape

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA, Ryan, 6’1cel and 2 others
I really have an issue. I can't watch long videos or read long walls of text. This is really bad. Even in school I feel like ripping my hair out if I have to read long text.

What do I do

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Lars, .👽., gymislife and 2 others
I really have an issue. I can't watch long videos or read long walls of text. This is really bad. Even in school I feel like ripping my hair out if I have to read long text.

What do I do
improve your IQ

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Alexanderr, faggotchadlite and LILMAXILLA

What do I do
summary: intermittent fasting

• +1
Reactions: Tyronecell, .👽., Alexanderr and 6 others

What do I do
dopamine fast

• +1
Reactions: .👽., gymislife and ShowerMaxxing
just take the islampill

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: CaptainCalicoe, gymislife and Ryan
summary: Fasting = good

• +1
Reactions: gymislife
Fasting is retarded if you do it for health. It should be only used to control your caloric intake

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: coolguy1, Descartes, Leviathin and 1 other person
who are those gymcels

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 11963 and gymislife
just take the islampill
12376.jpg

chads me
:blackpill::blackpill::blackpill:

What do I do
A lot of people nowadays have that problem. Watching videos for me is not that big of a deal but reading books is a pain in the ass, I can't stay focused for more than 2 mins. IMO one of the major reasons that a lot of people are like that nowadays, is because of too much electronics and distractions: "Researchers found that the students who reported using digital media many times a day were more likely than their peers to show these symptoms: Inattention, such as difficulty organizing and completing tasks. Hyperactivity-impulsivity, such as having trouble sitting still." - https://health.clevelandclinic.org/can-too-much-tech-cause-adhd-symptoms-in-your-child/

Even if you have hard time reading/watching stuff, just force yourself to do so and try to stay focused, don't check your phone notifications or messages while studying/watching/reading etc. Force yourself to focus on a task until you complete it, over time it gets easier. Also as someone above mentioned - dopamine fast should help a lot. Even intermittent fasting has been shown to help with brain function and better focus/memory retention.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9568 and Deleted member 13854
Sumo diet:
  1. They skip breakfast.
    This helps slow down your metabolism in the morning. Eating speeds it up.

2. Exercise in a fasted state / empty stomach for 3-5 hours.
    This increases cortisol and stress hormones, so your body is now in a “fat conservation” and “survival” mode.

3. Eat two, large meals daily. Typically at 11 am and about 8 hours later.

Belly fat resistant to every-other-day fasting: study

ALSO:
a 12-hour fast decreased vitamin D synthesis by ~50% while a 24-hour fast completely blocked vitamin D synthesis,
Calorie restriction (CR) decreases serum IGF-1 concentration by ~40%

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Deleted member 1332
good thread.

• +1
Reactions: gymislife
Sumo diet:
  1. They skip breakfast.
    This helps slow down your metabolism in the morning. Eating speeds it up.

2. Exercise in a fasted state / empty stomach for 3-5 hours.
    This increases cortisol and stress hormones, so your body is now in a “fat conservation” and “survival” mode.

3. Eat two, large meals daily. Typically at 11 am and about 8 hours later.

Belly fat resistant to every-other-day fasting: study

ALSO:
a 12-hour fast decreased vitamin D synthesis by ~50% while a 24-hour fast completely blocked vitamin D synthesis,
Calorie restriction (CR) decreases serum IGF-1 concentration by ~40%
Never knew this was a properly established diet, but I essentially started this at around 14-15 after I realized that most breakfast foods are hilariously bad for you. Also helped me understand why so much of the U.S. population is overweight and unhealthy when you consider a lot of them begin their day with shit like cereal, 'orange juice', pancakes, etc.

just starve yourself theory

Never knew this was a properly established diet, but I essentially started this at around 14-15 after I realized that most breakfast foods are hilariously bad for you. Also helped me understand why so much of the U.S. population is overweight and unhealthy when you consider a lot of them begin their day with shit like cereal, 'orange juice', pancakes, etc.
Breakfast is a scam by the grain lobby

Breakfast is a scam by the grain lobby
Not sure if you're being serious but literally the first thing American schools teach kids about nutrition is the food pyramid, which was unironically created by major food corporations to help sell more food (especially diary, iirc).