how do people accept mortality?

thickdickdaddy27

thickdickdaddy27

mental asylum escapee
my god complex doesn't allow it. i legit daydream about visiting other planets when earth becomes uninhabitable someday:hnghn: delusion but u mirin the confidence?

• +1
Reactions: noodlelover and SubhumanCurrycel
i'm terrified of aging and eventually dying
i'm currently working in palliative care and i've seen some fucked up stuff
i would hope my family can be there for me before my mind goes at least

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel, Kristin and thickdickdaddy27
I used to think some kind of biological immortality could be possible
Like somehow technology could reach the point where medical research advancements outpaced the passing of time so that as you got 1 year older new technology would give you another 1.5 years
so you could achieve escape velocity for mortality

but then i went to med school and realized we can't even fucking cure diabetes lmfao
it will be 1 million years before something like cancer is truly understood and cured

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Warlow, SubhumanCurrycel, Baldingman1998 and 2 others
i'm terrified of aging and eventually dying
i'm currently working in palliative care and i've seen some fucked up stuff
i would hope my family can be there for me before my mind goes at least
normies are so accepting of ageing cuz muh life is all sunshine and shit when it's really not, it's a very dark journey that isn't pleasant at the slightest

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16101
i will never die.

• +1
Reactions: thickdickdaddy27
normies are so accepting of ageing cuz muh life is all sunshine and shit when it's really not, it's a very dark journey that isn't pleasant at the slightest
as long as i can walk around and have my mind together i will try to enjoy life
it's when your mind goes that its all over
today i had a patient's son who wanted his own demented dad to die in the hospital because it was too much to even take care of him at home

• +1
Like somehow technology could reach the point where medical research advancements outpaced the passing of time so that as you got 1 year older new technology would give you another 1.5 years

but then i went to med school and realized we can't even fucking cure diabetes lmfao
it will be 1 million years before something like cancer is truly understood and cured
studying biology thoroughly is the ultimate reality check, we're nothing but a bundle of chemicals that will dissipate into nothingness very shortly in the grand scheme of time

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16101 and Deleted member 17829
studying biology thoroughly is the ultimate reality, we're nothing but a bundle of chemicals that will dissipate into nothingness very shortly in the grand scheme of time
the ultimate blackpill is that we know fucking nothing about our own biology
a complete understanding of human biology is easily 1 million times more complex than designing a rocket ship or supercomputer

• +1
Reactions: Warlow, Deleted member 7725, Baldingman1998 and 2 others
i still can't
i hope japaneses solve aging soon. then we can just stop doing babes unless one doesn't die willingly or accidentally

• +1
i still can't
i hope japaneses solve aging soon. then we can just stop doing babes unless one doesn't die willingly or accidentally
if you see a manlet or a bald guy on the street it's an indication we are at least 1 million years from curing aging still

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Baldingman1998 and the BULL
if you see a manlet or a bald guy on the street it's an indication we are at least 1 million years from curing aging still
we never will cure aging, there's no way to stop it, all u can do is slow it down depending on the genetics u have

we never will cure aging, there's no way to stop it, all u can do is slow it down depending on the genetics u have
i can't believe i used to be subscribed to r/longevity and youtube channels where they talked about the "biological immortality escape velocity"

working in a hospital you immediately realize how fucking far we are from any such thing

Once you accept that life is kinda mid you realize fear of death is just an evolutionary instinct to prevent you from running off a cliff not a logical conclusion you came to

• +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998 and thickdickdaddy27
at one point i was enamored with the idea of becoming a trauma surgeon
aside from the fact that you can get paid $400/hr I was intrigued by the idea of having this ultimate power in saving other peoples lives in their most precarious states
ultimately i decided to choose a field far away from life and death

i can't believe i used to be subscribed to r/longevity and youtube channels where they talked about the "biological immortality escape velocity"

working in a hospital you immediately realize how fucking far we are from any such thing
i used to lurk there too, all delusional copers that think science has it all figured out by now when we're actually clueless considering how fucking flawed humans are

• Love it
manletism has been cured and balding somewhat too

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998, Deleted member 16101 and Elvisandreaa
Once you accept that life is kinda mid you realize fear of death is just an evolutionary instinct to prevent you from running off a cliff not a logical conclusion you came to
life is mid when u accept the inevitability of death. imagine knowing for a fact ur living forever, what a godly feeling

manletism has been cured and balding somewhat too
actually a good point
in medieval times they never would have dreamed of the lofty ideas of limb lengthening and finasteride

• JFL
Reactions: Baldingman1998, thickdickdaddy27 and the BULL
actually a good point
in medieval times they never would have dreamed of the lofty ideas of limb lengthening and finasteride
heavy dosing of russian chemicals is good too for heightmaxxing

Type 2 diabetics are easy to cure. It's a dietary disease

life is mid when u accept the inevitability of death. imagine knowing for a fact ur living forever, what a godly feeling
Living forever for what? You’d be bored out of your mind

actually a good point
Treatment with IGF-I stimulated linear growth independent of the degree of shortness or diagnostic category. The mean baseline height velocity (3.1 cm/year) increased to 7.4 cm/year during the first year of treatment (p < 0.0001).

• +1
  • Love it
heavy dosing of russian chemicals is good too for heightmaxxing
could fuck up ur craniofacial developement tho, if u don't have it naturally don't even bother cuz it will come back to bite some way or another. muh genetic engineering muh crispr just lol

Type 2 diabetics are easy to cure. It's a dietary disease
well you can take insulin forever and try to lose weight but type 1 is genetic
one of the scariest patient cases i've ever seen is a guy in his late 30s who needed to get a penis implant to even get an erection because of decades of type 1 diabetes
he was already showing signs of eye and kidney damage
he was only 170 lbs at 6'2.....
this is the one patient case that made me want to actually lose weight and live healthier

• +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998
  • +1
could fuck up ur craniofacial developement tho, if u don't have it naturally don't even bother cuz it will come back to bite some way or another. muh genetic engineering muh crispr just lol
doesn't matter because humans were made to have acromegalic features and gigantic bodies

either that or nothingness, utterly retarded if u choose nothingness in the end
i would gladly choose immortality over any type of mortality
just meeting new people alone would be enough to fulfill me for millenia

• +1
not to mention missing out on how far humans advance, what we see today as far as technology goes is nothing and the thought i'll never be there to experience it can immediately shift my mood to the lowest u can imagine

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: the BULL and Deleted member 16101
preventing aging doesn't mean you can't die
you can still be shot etc. etc.

it's already working on rats

lobsters can grow forever

this animal is straight immortal

• +1
preventing aging doesn't mean you can't die
you can still be shot etc. etc.

it's already working on rats

lobsters can grow forever

this animal is straight immortal
i want to be hugh jackman in the wolverine
if i was bestowed with his gifts i would probably spend the first 10000 years rotting because i know i have until the end of the earth and moon to get my life together :unsure::unsure:

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: the BULL
Sorry bro but ur going to die and ur nobody, literarly nothing in the Grand scheme

by realizing all living beings are immortal energy and physical form is temporary

there's a lot of talk within that sphere of discussion

i want to be hugh jackman in the wolverine
if i was bestowed with his gifts i would probably spend the first 10000 years rotting because i know i have until the end of the earth and moon forever to get my life together :unsure::unsure:
bro i'm working in a small bank i need a lot of time to upgrade

• +1
bro i'm working in a small bank i need a lot of time to upgrade
dont we all
imagine what you could achieve with even 10000 years of 10% effort

• +1
Reactions: the BULL
I think it’s because you eventually will realize how boring life is and want to end it

I think best thing we can strive for is a universe where we live maybe 500 years or so, so we have plenty of time to live but not so long it becomes torture

by realizing all living beings are immortal energy and physical form is temporary

there's a lot of talk within that sphere of discussion
this is not good cope tho, cuz when u die that's it there's nothing immortal about it, simply put ur energy dies with u, there no "recycling" for that shit

I think it’s because you eventually will realize how boring life is and want to end it

I think best thing we can strive for is a universe where we live maybe 500 years or so, so we have plenty of time to live but not so long it becomes torture
if ur young forever boredom is no biggie, it's when ur old and ugly that it becomes a problem

• +1
Reactions: Kristin
one of scariest things i think about
is that older people are not old wise calm sages
they are just weaker frailer versions of our young selves
they don't lie in bed reflecting about their life and memories and lovers
they sit there terrified of what's going to happen next and when it will all be over

• +1
this is not good cope tho, cuz when u die that's it there's nothing immortal about it, simply put ur energy dies with u, there no "recycling" for that shit
maybe taking ayahuasca for out of body experience might accomplish something in regard to seeing what's outside of the human experience

and work as a good cope

one of scariest things i think about
is that older people are not old wise calm sages
they are just weaker frailer versions of our young selves
they don't lie in bed reflecting about their life and memories and lovers
they sit there terrified of what's going to happen next and when it will all be over
so true. old people may seem wise but deep inside they just want it to end. that's how i imagine i'll be feeling when i'm too crippled to do daily tasks

so true. old people may seem wise but deep inside they just want it to end. that's how i imagine i'll be feeling when i'm too crippled to do daily tasks
honestly palliative care has been a wild experience
yesterday i saw a 35 year old man hugging his dying mom in bed and just crying like babies together
i just sat there quietly with the attending physician watching and thinking fuck i wanna live forever and i want my family to live forever

• +1
my god complex doesn't allow it. i legit daydream about visiting other planets when earth becomes uninhabitable someday:hnghn: delusion but u mirin the confidence?
Legit anyone honest with themselves should be scared shitless unless their brain is fried

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16101 and thickdickdaddy27
the guy was a huge frame 6'5 rough looking black dude
but he was crying like a baby when we were discussing what he should expect in home hospice and how he should deal with the moments leading up to his mom stopping breathing

Last edited:
  • So Sad
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
honestly palliative care has been a wild experience
yesterday i saw a 35 year old man hugging his dying mom in bed and just crying like babies together
i just sat there quietly with the attending physician watching and thinking fuck i wanna live forever and i want my family to live forever
i don't even need to get that experience to understand how shitty life is for everyone, 99% of people aren't consumed by the bitter reality of life and i can only envy thos mfs

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel and Deleted member 16101
you don't, i think about it a lot and get constant anxiety attacks thinking about it, theres no point of thinking about it unless you're stone cold or smth and know how to control your emotions. Better to just ignore it and cope

• +1
if ur young forever boredom is no biggie, it's when ur old and ugly that it becomes a problem
How

Literally you could be young and do everything you want in life

Same reason why you get bored even as a kid. Sure maybe you’d say “but that’s cuz you aren’t chad and you live a boring life” but even then chad can do so much before it becomes lame for him too

i don't even need to get that experience to understand how shitty life is for everyone, 99% of people aren't consumed by the bitter reality of life and i can only envy thos mfs
honestly i'm more worried about my parents than myself
i don't think i could cope with some of the conversations i've had in palliative care
i try not to think about it and call my parents a lot

• +1
im getting anxiety just from typing here, I really fucking hate reality, if this shit really is just fucking random. why did we have to get this shitty reality where we're destined to die, non-existence is so fucking scary, largely because its unimaginable and inescapable

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel