How does lasik or any other eye surgery affect iris size?

M

MD_Hopeful69

Kraken
I have poor vision and am myopic

would getting laser eye surgery reduce my iris size

i'll get lazik too, why should it matter? doesn't impact anything

No it doesn't change the size of your iris, it causes no visible changes in the eye

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7098
if it reduces your iris size they surgeon fucked up

• +1
Reactions: SkinjobCatastrophe
Is every iris the same ?
lasik surgery only reshapes the cornea so you can see sharp without any other lense, the iris lies deeper in the eye, which the laser isn't touching

just go to ramieri or pagnoni and get bimax

DO NOT GET LASIK! IT WILL PERMANENTLY DAMAGE YOUR EYES. THE REASON YOU NEED LASIK IS BECAUSE OF YOUR INTERNET ADDICTION. IF YOU WENT OUTSIDE MORE, THE OPTOMISTRIST NEVER WOULD HAVE CUCKED YOU WITH GLASSES. HERES THE FUCKING SCIENCE IF YOU THINK IM LYING. WATCH THESE BOTH BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT DISAGREEING WITH ME.

HOW YOU GOT CUCKED IN THE FIRST PLACE +HOW TO ACTUALLY FIX THE PROBLEM.

HOW LASIK FUCKS YOUR EYES PERMANENTLY

• Love it
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670, Hey dont talk to me and Deleted member 3043
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
DO NOT GET LASIK! IT WILL PERMANENTLY DAMAGE YOUR EYES. THE REASON YOU NEED LASIK IS BECAUSE OF YOUR INTERNET ADDICTION. IF YOU WENT OUTSIDE MORE, THE OPTOMISTRIST NEVER WOULD HAVE CUCKED YOU WITH GLASSES. HERES THE FUCKING SCIENCE IF YOU THINK IM LYING. WATCH THESE BOTH BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT DISAGREEING WITH ME.

bro ... i never had myopy issue in my family, but me and all my bros have glasses, and all on internet since kids...
But now i've got like 2.5 degree on each eye, i feel like it can't be fixed naturally.
And what about PKR?

do you have any studies on reversing myopia through exercises?

research suggests elongation of the eyes is caused by a lack of sunlight during childhood, it doesn't suggest that you can do anything about it afterwards other than surgery or glasses/contacts.

how the fk are exercises supposed to shorten a physically elongated eyeball anyway. I'd say it's pseudoscience. never seen any proof. it probably is like mewing where some doctors are trying to draw attention to an actual problem, but also propagate bogus methods about how to fix that problem.

Last edited:
bro ... i never had myopy issue in my family, but me and all my bros have glasses, and all on internet since kids...
But now i've got like 2.5 degree on each eye, i feel like it can't be fixed naturally.
And what about PKR?
If you don’t have myopia and wear glasses, you have the opposite problem, HYPERopia meaning far sighted(you see better far away than close up) unless you’re an oldcel and have presbyopia which happens when the lens in your eyes hardens. Hyperopia CAN be completely cured but presbyopia can only prevented.

Pkr just reshapes the cornea when the problem is your fucking EYEBALL needs to be reshaped. The only way to do this is learning a technique called active focus which is looking at a focused object to a point where it’s barely blurry then clearing it by blinking(you don’t have to blink some do it by staring til it clears up. Everytime you do this, it trains your eyeball to shape in the direction it needs to be.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670 and Deleted member 3043
If you don’t have myopia and wear glasses, you have the opposite problem, HYPERopia meaning far sighted(you see better far away than close up) unless you’re an oldcel and have presbyopia which happens when the lens in your eyes hardens. Hyperopia CAN be completely cured but presbyopia can only prevented.
no i explained myself badly : I meant that, nobody in my family beside us "zoomers", never had any myopia issue. And i'm the sole to have it with my younger siblings. So it's not genetics, and yet we all have it. This to mean that you'r point is totally right, it's probably due to the screens only.

So what to do for myopia and slight astygmatia?

The only way to do this is learning a technique called active focus which is looking at a focused object to a point where it’s barely blurry then clearing it by blinking(you don’t have to blink some do it by staring til it clears up. Everytime you do this, it trains your eyeball to shape in the direction it needs to be
i see this is also useful for myopia?

do you have any studies on reversing myopia through exercises?

research suggests elongation of the eyes is caused by a lack of sunlight during childhood, it doesn't suggest that you can do anything about it afterwards other than surgery or glasses/contacts.

how the fk are exercises supposed to shorten a physically elongated eyeball anyway. I'd say it's pseudoscience. never seen any proof. it probably is like mewing where some doctors are trying to draw attention to an actual problem, but also propagate bogus methods about how to fix that problem.
I can tell you didn’t even click on 1 of the videos, look at the links in their descriptions. Also, the eyeball didn’t grow long, it shaped long like a football. IT CAN BE RESHAPED.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670
no i explained myself badly : I meant that, nobody in my family beside us "zoomers", never had any myopia issue. And i'm the sole to have it with my younger siblings. So it's not genetics, and yet we all have it. This to mean that you'r point is totally right, it's probably due to the screens only.

So what to do for myopia and slight astygmatia?

i see this is also useful for myopia?
Yes it works just the same for myopia, just the eyeball is being shaped in a different direction back to its 20/20 form

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
Jfl at anyone who listens to a greycel

• WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 12218
I can tell you didn’t even click on 1 of the videos, look at the links in their descriptions. Also, the eyeball didn’t grow long, it shaped long like a football. IT CAN BE RESHAPED.
yeah I'm not gonna watch a 40 minute video, link studies if you have them

your eyeball 'shaped' longer during childhood when a lack of sunlight didn't release enough dopamine in your eyes, causing them to elongate. after that you can either get lasik, wear glasses or be a coper who listens to youtubers without MDs. according to the science that I've seen anyway.

yeah I'm not gonna watch a 40 minute video, link studies if you have them

your eyeball 'shaped' longer during childhood when a lack of sunlight didn't release enough dopamine in your eyes, causing them to elongate. after that you can either get lasik, wear glasses or be a coper who listens to youtubers without MDs. according to the science that I've seen anyway.

You are so god damn low iq, the eyeball doesn’t elongate because a lack of dopamine, it’s because of the lens spamsing which temporarily blurs vision then you go to the optometrist who addresses a SYMPTOM and gives you glasses instead of fixing your spasmed lens you got from staring at close up objects.

Myopia is NOT just a childhood problem. There have been millions of adults who developed myopia AFTER they’re done growing, my dad being one of them. And a MD does jack shit, you can literally test your eyesight at home with a piece of paper. I tested my aunt and my dads prescription with pinpoint accuracy(astigmatism complicated things but you can still do it at home with some other things)

You don’t need any more proof that the eyeball shortens when exposed to close up lens, this is a proven fact.

Lemme help you find study’s because you seem too retarded to research on your own. Go to google scholar, then type in “near induced transient myopia”. Now you know glasses make you’re vison worse.

Now we need to see what caused the problem in the first place so type in “pseudomyopia”. enjoy the years worth of reading.

It’s funny how you ask to see study’s so you can read them but I know you wouldn’t because you don’t even have the attention span to watch 1 video but you can browse this site for hours.

Last edited:
You are so god damn low iq, the eyeball doesn’t elongate because a lack of dopamine, it’s because of the lens spamsing which temporarily blurs vision then you go to the optometrist who addresses a SYMPTOM and gives you glasses instead of fixing your spasmed lens you got from staring at close up objects.

Myopia is NOT just a childhood problem. There have been millions of adults who developed myopia AFTER they’re done growing, my dad being one of them. And a MD does jack shit, you can literally test your eyesight at home with a piece of paper. I tested my aunt and my dads prescription with pinpoint accuracy(astigmatism complicated things but you can still do it at home with some other things)

You don’t need any more proof that the eyeball shortens when exposed to close up lens, this is a proven fact.

Lemme help you find study’s because you seem too retarded to research on your own. Go to google scholar, then type in “near induced transient myopia”. Now you know glasses make you’re vison worse.

Now we need to see what caused the problem in the first place so type in “pseudomyopia”. enjoy the years worth of reading.

It’s funny how you ask to see study’s so you can read them but I know you wouldn’t because you don’t even have the attention span to watch 1 video but you can browse this site for hours.
I don't have the attention span to watch a 40 minute video of a philosopher who has done zero actual scientific research and just constructs theories out of his ass

this guy literally has 0 training or education in this field, nothing

scientific research has at this point pretty much proven that the whole myopia epidemic is caused by a lack of dopamine release in your eyes (ie a lack of sunlight) during childhood. which is likely why it doesn't continuessly get worse during adulthood

there even are dopamine medications being researched for preventavive use

Although the etiology of myopia involves both environmental and genetic factors, recent evidence has suggested that the prevalence and severity of myopia appears to be affected more by environmental factors. Current pharmacotherapeutics are aimed at inhibiting environmentally induced changes in visual input and subsequent changes in signaling pathways during myopia pathogenesis and progression. Recent studies on animal models of myopia have revealed specific molecules potentially involved in the regulation of eye development. Among them, the dopamine receptor plays a critical role in controlling myopia. Subsequent studies have reported pharmacotherapeutic treatments to control myopia progression. In particular, atropine treatment yielded favorable outcomes and has been extensively used; however, current studies are aimed at optimizing its efficacy and confirming its safety.

but who needs research when you can listen to dipshit philosophers and other morons on youtube

don't know what you have to gain from going on here and presenting this bullshit as facts, but have fun coping

Last edited:
I don't have the attention span to watch a 40 minute video of a philosopher who has done zero actual scientific research and just constructs theories out of his ass

this guy literally has 0 training or education in this field, nothing

scientific research has at this point pretty much proven that the whole myopia epidemic is caused by a lack of dopamine release in your eyes (ie a lack of sunlight) during childhood. which is likely why it doesn't continuessly get worse during adulthood.

there even are dopamine medications being researched for preventavive use

Although the etiology of myopia involves both environmental and genetic factors, recent evidence has suggested that the prevalence and severity of myopia appears to be affected more by environmental factors. Current pharmacotherapeutics are aimed at inhibiting environmentally induced changes in visual input and subsequent changes in signaling pathways during myopia pathogenesis and progression. Recent studies on animal models of myopia have revealed specific molecules potentially involved in the regulation of eye development. Among them, the dopamine receptor plays a critical role in controlling myopia. Subsequent studies have reported pharmacotherapeutic treatments to control myopia progression. In particular, atropine treatment yielded favorable outcomes and has been extensively used; however, current studies are aimed at optimizing its efficacy and confirming its safety. Furthermore, future studies are required to assess the efficacy of combinatorial use of low-dose atropine and contact lenses or orthokeratology.

but who needs research when you can listen to dipshit philosophers and other morons on youtube
Of course you only respond about that guy. He’s exactly like you, a guy who’s presenting research except his is correct.

Did you even read the quote you sent me? It’s saying a over the counter drug MIGHT prevent myopia from developing. They’re literally saying they have no idea if it works.

They also say getting sunlight helps prevent myopia. That’s a fucking correlation not causation.

The real cause is being outside and looking in the distance. Looking close up is what causes your lens to spasm which makes your vision blurry(that’s called “pseudomyopia”) but when you look far away, it prevents the lens from locking up which means your vision doesn’t get blurry.

But say your lens gets locked up, now the doctor gives you glasses that you wear for the distance. But because you didn’t know that your eyeball shape was fine and that the real problem was the spasmed lens, you wear them and your eyeball changes shape(this is called “lens induced transient myopia)

Last edited:
Of course you only respond about that guy. He’s exactly like you, a guy who’s presenting research except his is correct.

Did you even read the quote you sent me? It’s saying a over the counter drug MIGHT prevent myopia from developing. They’re literally saying they have no idea if it works.

They also say getting sunlight helps prevent myopia. That’s a fucking correlation not causation.

The real cause is being outside and looking in the distance. Looking close up is what causes your lens spasm which makes your vision blurry(that’s called “pseudomyopia”) so when you look far away, it prevents the lens from locking up which means your vision doesn’t get blurry.

Then the doctor gives you glasses that you wear for the distance. But because you didn’t know that your eyeball shape was fine and that the real problem was the spasmed lens, you wear them and your eyeball changes shape(this is called “lens induced transient myopia)
yes he presented his own research that he conducted in his basement

you have zero scientific evidence to back up any of your claims

cope cope copity cope you utter retard

can u link anything from a reputable journal or doctor's page abt it? not doubting, just want credibility.

yes he presented his own research that he conducted in his basement

you have zero scientific evidence to back up any of your claims

cope cope copity cope you fukin retard
So you wanna see my scientific evidence to back up what I’m saying because you’re too retarded to use google scholar? Let’s start with my two claims and see if those are right

Claim 1: The first sign of blurry vision somebody gets before going to the optomotrist is caused by their lens in the eye locking up(spasming).

Evidence:

Claim 2: The cause of increase in diopter usage is using the lens at the unintended focus point.

Evidence:
This one might confuse you if you’re low iq:

This one is long but easier to understand

• +1
Reactions: curryslayerordeath
Jfl at anyone who listens to a greycel
This greycel gets outside and doesn’t rot in forums all day. I would advise people to never get lasik but I’m requesting in this special case for you to not listen to my advice and proceed with getting lasik. It’s funny imagining you with chronic dry eye or even blindness wishing you listened to that one greycel years ago.

ill read thru all of it later, busy atm

but it seems as if its on establishing the causation of certain activities -> develop myopia

is there any literature/article on reversing this process? since u posted a video abt the pitfalls of lasik

ill read thru all of it later, busy atm

but it seems as if its on establishing the causation of certain activities -> develop myopia

is there any literature/article on reversing this process? since u posted a video abt the pitfalls of lasik
Close up activities cause “fake myopia”

Glasses or lens use cause actual myopia and even worsen it overtime especially if you use them incorrectly such as using distance glasses for close up tasks like reading.

I believe 100% that vision can be cured back to 20/20. It seems logical that if a lens can slowly be used to worsen myopia with stronger and stronger prescriptions, then conversely, one can use weaker and weaker prescriptions to reverse the effect. It’s like changing the shape starting with a circle to a football back to a circle.

I don’t believe there’s research on reversing it, although I could be incorrect. However, there is anactdotal evidence from thousands of users reversing their vision, many with proof from their optometrist that their vision improved.

I find my point of view very similar to that of Dr Mew. He shows us that there’s proof of craniofacialdystrophy with stroke patients. But how does one prove that you can reverse this effect?

The best thing we could do is myopia prevention by never prescribing glasses in the first place but instead prescribe a weeks worth of outdoor time to relax the spasmed lens.

This is also why I believe the mews prefer young patients because it’s easier to guide growth instead of completely changing it.

• +1
Reactions: curryslayerordeath
So you wanna see my scientific evidence to back up what I’m saying because you’re too retarded to use google scholar? Let’s start with my two claims and see if those are right

Claim 1: The first sign of blurry vision somebody gets before going to the optomotrist is caused by their lens in the eye locking up(spasming).

Evidence:

Claim 2: The cause of increase in diopter usage is using the lens at the unintended focus point.

Evidence:
This one might confuse you if you’re low iq:

This one is long but easier to understand

those papers you linked literally state that near work induced retinal defocus subsides within minutes for most people. who goes to the optometrist for that and then actually gets prescribed glasses? that's nonsense.

they argue that there might a link between prolonged near work induced retinal defocus and the progression of myopia, but that link isn't as well established as the notion that the main cause of increased myopia around the world is a lack of exposure to light, as you can also read here:

Increased outdoor activity has been shown to prevent the onset of myopia, with a possible dose-response relationship between time spent outdoors and the risk of incident myopia. Once someone begins to develop myopia, however, the time that he or she spends outdoors does not seem to halt its progression. Interestingly, simply being outside without engagement in a sport or activity has been shown to reduce the prevalence of myopia. This finding suggests that exposure to light may play a major role in myopia prevention. Light-induced release of dopamine, nitric oxide, and other neurotransmitters has been shown to inhibit axial elongation.

Although axial length is temporarily increased with accommodation after just 10 to 30 minutes of near work, whether near work actually contributes to the rising incidence and prevalence of myopia remains controversial.

or here:

The development of myopia is thought to be associated with spending less time outdoors, and not necessarily with performing near work. The relationship between time outdoors and myopia may be influenced by light exposure. Studies suggest that outdoor lighting can stimulate retinal dopamine release, which acts as an inhibitor to axial elongation.

A meta-analysis by Xiong et al concluded that time outdoors reduces the onset of myopia but that, in children who are already myopic, time outdoors has no influence on slowing myopia progression.

lastly:

It’s a lovely idea; do a few exercises, look far-then-close-then-far and you no longer need glasses! Whilst it certainly doesn’t hurt to give your eyes a break from screens and books on a regular basis, you’d be better off keeping your moves for the dance floor. There is no scientific evidence that eye exercises will reduce myopia. This is a significant issue in China, where there are high rates of myopia and daily ‘eye exercises’ have been a part of China’s national vision care policy in schools for over 50 years. Recent research has shown that these eye exercsises do not help to preverse or improve vision.

aka if you're already myopic you can, as I already said, either wear glasses, get lasik, or be a coper who listens to idiots on youtube who claim they got 20/20 vision through exercises when there is absolutely no scientific evidence that would suggest that's possible

the end

Last edited:
those papers you linked literally state that near work induced retinal defocus subsides within minutes for most people. who goes to the optometrist for that and then actually gets prescribed glasses? that's nonsense.

they argue that there might a link between prolonged near work induced retinal defocus and the progression of myopia, but that link isn't as well established as the notion that the main cause of increased myopia around the world is a lack of exposure to light, as you can also read here:

Increased outdoor activity has been shown to prevent the onset of myopia, with a possible dose-response relationship between time spent outdoors and the risk of incident myopia. Once someone begins to develop myopia, however, the time that he or she spends outdoors does not seem to halt its progression. Interestingly, simply being outside without engagement in a sport or activity has been shown to reduce the prevalence of myopia. This finding suggests that exposure to light may play a major role in myopia prevention. Light-induced release of dopamine, nitric oxide, and other neurotransmitters has been shown to inhibit axial elongation.

Although axial length is temporarily increased with accommodation after just 10 to 30 minutes of near work, whether near work actually contributes to the rising incidence and prevalence of myopia remains controversial.

or here:

The development of myopia is thought to be associated with spending less time outdoors, and not necessarily with performing near work. The relationship between time outdoors and myopia may be influenced by light exposure. Studies suggest that outdoor lighting can stimulate retinal dopamine release, which acts as an inhibitor to axial elongation.

A meta-analysis by Xiong et al concluded that time outdoors reduces the onset of myopia but that, in children who are already myopic, time outdoors has no influence on slowing myopia progression.

lastly:

It’s a lovely idea; do a few exercises, look far-then-close-then-far and you no longer need glasses! Whilst it certainly doesn’t hurt to give your eyes a break from screens and books on a regular basis, you’d be better off keeping your moves for the dance floor. There is no scientific evidence that eye exercises will reduce myopia. This is a significant issue in China, where there are high rates of myopia and daily ‘eye exercises’ have been a part of China’s national vision care policy in schools for over 50 years. Recent research has shown that these eye exercsises do not help to preverse or improve vision.

aka if you're already myopic you can, as I already said, either wear glasses, get lasik, or be a coper who listens to idiots on youtube who claim they got 20/20 vision through exercises when there is absolutely no scientific evidence that would suggest that's possible

the end
I read what you said and this is my one response, you are arguing on the side of millions of optomotrist who get paid every time they prescribe someone a pair of glasses. There’s no incentive for the guys who say reversing your myopia is possible to do what they do besides helping others and spread awareness. It’s a lot easier to explain to patients that their vision is getting worse because of age and lack of sunlight then explain that the glasses they gave them have been making the problem worse. And once you got glasses, you’re a patient for life which racks in huge amounts of cash. It’s a multi billion dollar business, and they have huge amounts of funding for the best study’s and lawyers they can buy. Meanwhile, anyone proposing glasses makes your eyes worse will have their medical license stripped because that’s 1 less person who stops them from making money off glasses. You do you, I’ve personally improved my vision by a quarter to half diopter so I know it works for me and even thousands of others just like me.

I read what you said and this is my one response, you are arguing on the side of millions of optomotrist who get paid every time they prescribe someone a pair of glasses. There’s no incentive for the guys who say reversing your myopia is possible to do what they do besides helping others and spread awareness. It’s a lot easier to explain to patients that their vision is getting worse because of age and lack of sunlight then explain that the glasses they gave them have been making the problem worse. And once you got glasses, you’re a patient for life which racks in huge amounts of cash. It’s a multi billion dollar business, and they have huge amounts of funding for the best study’s and lawyers they can buy. Meanwhile, anyone proposing glasses makes your eyes worse will have their medical license stripped because that’s 1 less person who stops them from making money off glasses. You do you, I’ve personally improved my vision by a quarter to half diopter so I know it works for me and even thousands of others just like me.
alright buddy but let me just let you know that this endmyopia guy is a salesman, not a saint

make of that what you will, have a nice day