How heavy do you have to bench-press for your pecs to have clearly defined separation in the middle in all lighting conditions?

thecel

thecel

narrow-orbits brachy-skull ogre
Everyone’s pecs are clearly delineated in the middle when lit from the side. Not everyone’s pecs have clearly defined center separation when lit from the front, top, back, bottom, etc.—not side lighting.

How heavy do you have to bench-press for your pecs to have clearly defined separation in the middle WITHOUT SIDE LIGHTING?

I’d say 225 for under 6 foot, 250+ for over 6 foot

• +1
Reactions: Oberyn and thecel
I got naturally good chest inserts and size without lifting so its all genetics for shape and inserts.
Everyone’s pecs are clearly delineated in the middle when lit from the side. Not everyone’s pecs have clearly defined center separation when lit from the front, top, back, bottom, etc.—not side lighting.

How heavy do you have to bench-press for your pecs to have clearly defined separation in the middle WITHOUT SIDE LIGHTING?

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18159 and thecel
3 plates for sure. If on roids, less. Fuck i hate being natty

• +1
Reactions: thecel
it depends on the pecs tendon length, if it is short, with some muscle it will have definition; if it is long, no matter how much muscle you put in, there will be always a huge gap between your pecs.
If you havent got horrible length lift heavy to get stronger and fasten hypertrophy, I would suggest to train chest 2-3x week and alternate between strength and hypertrophy gains so you can get the best of both worlds.

But, refering to the question, without good lighting, probably at least 80kgs your 1 rep max and if you have focused some time in hypertrophy and have normal frame at max 180cm
I am 177cm tall and the line you say is fairly visible with bad lighting, but I've been training sports seriously for 3 years and only started weightlifting 2 months ago with a 75kgs 1rm

• +1
You need to work out your upper pecs.

• +1
it depends on the pecs tendon length, if it is short, with some muscle it will have definition; if it is long, no matter how much muscle you put in, there will be always a huge gap between your pecs.
If you havent got horrible length lift heavy to get stronger and fasten hypertrophy, I would suggest to train chest 2-3x week and alternate between strength and hypertrophy gains so you can get the best of both worlds.

But, refering to the question, without good lighting, probably at least 80kgs your 1 rep max and if you have focused some time in hypertrophy and have normal frame at max 180cm
I am 177cm tall and the line you say is fairly visible with bad lighting, but I've been training sports seriously for 3 years and only started weightlifting 2 months ago with a 75kgs 1rm
6'2 167lbs(76) 190(86) for 5 reps , 165(75) for 8 reps

I have no pecs. Is it over for me?

• Woah
6'2 167lbs(76) 190(86) for 5 reps , 165(75) for 8 reps

I have no pecs. Is it over for me?
If you have normal or big frame you are incredibly underweight, for 6'2 (188cm) being 76kg is having really low bf with some muscle or only having fat, but you have good numbers so at least you have muscle. You are alredy repping considerably your weight which is really better than many people who lift, you would only need to bulk up man, you alredy have much strength. Do some hypertrophy blocks before focusing again on strength bc you are one of those cases when the person looks scrawny but lifts a truck. Also in the other post I said that apart of the tendon length, the taller you are the heavier you should lift. Or maybe when bench pressing the force is being made by your deltoids and triceps, but if it were the case you would have fcking huge arms and at least weight 85kg or more.

But if you wanna know right now if you have good chest genetcis or not just look at the middle of your chest and see if there is much separtion between the pecs muscle; you must have some muscle alredy with that much you lift so you must be able to see it.

• So Sad
  • Woah
If you have normal or big frame you are incredibly underweight, for 6'2 (188cm) being 76kg is having really low bf with some muscle or only having fat, but you have good numbers so at least you have muscle. You are alredy repping considerably your weight which is really better than many people who lift, you would only need to bulk up man, you alredy have much strength. Do some hypertrophy blocks before focusing again on strength bc you are one of those cases when the person looks scrawny but lifts a truck. Also in the other post I said that apart of the tendon length, the taller you are the heavier you should lift. Or maybe when bench pressing the force is being made by your deltoids and triceps, but if it were the case you would have fcking huge arms and at least weight 85kg or more.

But if you wanna know right now if you have good chest genetcis or not just look at the middle of your chest and see if there is much separtion between the pecs muscle; you must have some muscle alredy with that much you lift so you must be able to see it.
You are right I am underweight, my goal is to gain 2lbs each month. I have long arms, could this be the problem? My arms are a bit over 15.6(39) they look big compared to my chest.

• +1
Reactions: thecel and aga04
You are right I am underweight, my goal is to gain 2lbs each month. I have long arms, could this be the problem? My arms are a bit over 15.6(39) they look big compared to my chest.
I think with your height and weight you could gain between 3-5lbs a month without putting much fat. Having long arms when benching makes it harder for you to bench because you have to move the weight more, but afterall you should put on muscle. Having 39cm arms is big man, really mine are 34 and are noticeable so yours are great if you can see definition.
My only advice for you would be to focus only in hypertrophy for at least half a year or even bulk until next February when you start cutting because you alredy have plenty of strength if you can really bench over your bodyweight with long arms.

• +1
Weight doesn’t matter as long as you progressive overload

• JFL