Kraken
I eat mainly avocados, nuts, oats, meat, seafood,

minimal fruit, minimal green vegetables, minimal wheat, rice and potatoes,

• +1
Reactions: ReinerGeist1
i cook with coconut fats and eat minimally processed or unprocessed foods

what impact do the plant defense chemicals found in those seeds and plants have on aging? What effect does the heavy metal content in your seafood have on your aging?

what impact do the plant defense chemicals found in those seeds and plants have on aging? What effect does the heavy metal content in your seafood have on your aging?
i don’t know, but I do know plants are good for living longer. I’m not too concerned about the anti nutrients in plants, I mean we evolved to eat plants sometimes, and phytic acid for example has health benefits even if it inhibits nutrient absorption

The heavy metals in seafoods I’m not too concerned about either. Tap water is more toxic than seafood

curcumin from turmeric powder I take can chelate the heavy metals and mitigate their harm

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
i don’t know,
I suggest researching it
I do know plants are good for living longer
What evidence supports this?
I’m not too concerned about the anti nutrients in plants, I mean we evolved to eat plants sometimes
In nature animals are forced to co-evolve along with plants because plants keep becoming more and more defensive leaving only the animals that specifically evolve to optimally consume specific plants. I think we used to be plant eaters similar to most great apes, but we have been evolving towards meat eating, our omnivorous capability is imo mostly an evolutionary vestigial.
Tap water is more toxic than seafood
Tap water is toxic/polluted, which is not a justification to consume more poisonous stuff.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
What evidence supports this?
Lower protein, less absorbed protein

Protein activates mTOR and mTOR activation accelerates aging.

That’s my logic behind it. Surely there’s tons of observational data in support of plants, but of course observational data can be misleading.

In nature animals are forced to co-evolve along with plants because plants keep becoming more and more defensive leaving only the animals that specifically evolve to optimally consume specific plants. I think we used to be plant eaters similar to most great apes, but we have been evolving towards meat eating, our omnivorous capability is imo mostly an evolutionary vestigial.
We are omnivores and ate plant-based diets when meat wasn’t available. We evolved to age slower during these meat shortages is my view. So plants are bad for short term health but good for long term health as aging is slowed.

Tap water is toxic/polluted, which is not a justification to consume more poisonous stuff.
The reason I eat seafood (primarily scallops) is due to the high taurine content. Scallops contain 827 mg taurine per 100 g whereas beef only contains 43 mg/100 g

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1

I think that “muh pufas bad” is mostly a meme tbh. Just avoid shitty ultra processed seedoils and you’ll prob be fine. Especially deepfried foods bc that can create some carcinogenic nasty hydrogenated oils

I think that “muh pufas bad” is mostly a meme tbh. Just avoid shitty ultra processed seedoils and you’ll prob be fine. Especially deepfried foods bc that can create some carcinogenic nasty hydrogenated oils

PUFAs are susceptible to peroxidation and therefore you want your tissues to contain as little as possible

Btw, shorter lived animals contain more PUFAs in their tissues than longer lived animals