I had modified Orbital Box Osteotomy and Implants by Surgerymax. AMA

Ape101

Ape101

Iron
Staff
Hello everyone! I am a long time lurker on .org and a dedicated hardmaxxer - some of you might know me as monke from looksmax related group chats. I’m here to discuss the planning, share my personal experience, and answer questions regarding the whole process of the modified Orbital Box Osteotomy combined with orbital implants I had. Feel free to ask any questions.

Original stats:
62mm IPD
• 0.46 ESR
• 31mm ICD
•135mm bizygomatic width
• 0.95 Midface Ratio
• Narrow looking intercanthal-nasal area
• Rated as MTN

Main aesthetic concerns:
• Long midface
• Narrow face
• Narrow intercanthal-nasal area

Stats after surgery:
69mm IPD
• 0.47 ESR
• 35 mm ICD
• 147mm bizygomatic width
• Spacious intercanthal-nasal area
• 1.0 Midface Ratio
• Rating: too swollen to be rated yet

All ratios are secondary to IPD and ICD; the OBO essentially reset my foundation, serving as the necessary groundwork for lateral expansion across my entire face. Think of it as bimax but for the lateral ↔️ growth instead of forward. It significantly enhanced my midface ratio, shortening the perceived length, aided by the supraorbital dropdown applied to the implant design, which shortened my nose and lowered my eyebrows.

Additionally, as you might have noticed the increase in IPD is not equal to the increase in ICD, which was achieved through a combination of obo with medial orbital wall implants, which was done in order to achieve the ideal increase for both metrics. Effectively all my aesthetic concerns were addressed without any fear for severe complications, as the OBO was done subcranially (without exposing the brain). While there are more details, I’d rather not make the initial post too technical. You can feel free to ask for specifics.

E7685A1E 3B04 48AA 9F27 E33A438AFF6B

Credits to @RealSurgerymax, the designer and inventor behind many modifications, who assisted during the surgery, and to Dr. Burak Ercin, the surgeon. The procedure was a complete success, confirmed by post-op CT scans. It involved a manageable recovery, probably comparable to that of bimax. I had minimal pain but a lot of swelling in the initial week. Double vision (expected due to IPD adjustment) was fully resolved within a month. I spent a week in the hospital for extended IV antibiotics, minimizing infection risks. The only lingering complication is minor strabismus, which I plan to correct surgically soon.

Overall, I’m incredibly satisfied with the experience and results, though I’ve yet to see the final outcome due to swelling. Huge thanks to Surgerymax for revolutionizing hardmaxxing and Dr. Ercin for executing the plan successfully. Special thanks to (you know who you are) for the support throughout the journey.

I’m currently sharing only procedure photos on Giant’s page, withholding before/after pictures until I complete my surgical journey in a few years.

We are all gonna make it.

Thanks for reading.

Designer:

https://www.instagram.com/surgerymax.cmf?igsh=MTE3NzJiZmFkemhtYw==

Surgeon:

https://www.instagram.com/buraksercanercin?igsh=bml4amo1ZnY0ZzJ4

OBO edit:

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: basket, JefeM0g, nunotherone and 141 others
Did read.

• +1
  • Love it
  • Hmm...
Reactions: batman29, albanian_chad, Lokki and 40 others
Me next!

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: 14vic, Soychadcell, LooksThinker and 13 others
How much does this cost?

What else are you planning in your surgery journey?

Is it too much to get bimax at the same time? I’m guessing yes.

• +1
Reactions: Soychadcell, fuckedupmanlet, lightskinbengali and 1 other person
How much does this cost?

What else are you planning in your surgery journey?

Is it too much to get bimax at the same time? I’m guessing yes.
It was about 30k usd including everything (Design, titanium implant manufacturing, surgery, hospital stay etc.)

Next up is bimax, genio and jaw angle implants. But, I’m also planning on getting a few soft tissue adjustments and potentially limb lengthening in the future.

Yes, the surgery was quite long by itself, it would be too dangerous to combine the two.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: maxxmclooks, Pumuckl, Amexmaxx and 38 others
Dnrd post results

• +1
Reactions: STUPIDREFEREES, losthope, Jam3s and 5 others
It was about 30k usd including everything (Design, titanium implant manufacturing, surgery, hospital stay etc.)

Next up is bimax, genio and jaw angle implants. But, I’m also planning on getting a few soft tissue adjustments and potentially limb lengthening in the future.

Yes, the surgery was quite long by itself, it would be too dangerous to combine the two.

Any particular reason you started with this one rather than your lower face surgeries?

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker, aspiringexcel, Jarate and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: STUPIDREFEREES, losthope, mtcut3plush and 2 others
Any particular reason you started with this one rather than your lower face surgeries?
Yes, the bimax plates would get in the way of the obo. Although they could be modified in a way to allow the obo movement it’d make the bimax less stable. I also wanted to get the more difficult surgery out of the way first.

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker and WhiteGoodman
Did you need a catheter?

• JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: losthope, LooksThinker, Shkreliii and 3 others
Hello everyone! I am a long time lurker on .org and dedicated hardmaxxer - many of you might know me as monke from looksmax related group chats. I’m here to discuss the planning, share my personal experience, and answer questions regarding the whole process of the orbital box osteotomy combined with orbital implants. Feel free to ask any questions.

View attachment 2679696View attachment 2679745View attachment 2679746View attachment 2679722View attachment 2679747

View attachment 2679860
Original stats:
62mm IPD
• 0.46 ESR
• 31mm ICD
•135mm bizygomatic width
• 0.95mf
• Narrow looking nternasal area
• Rated as MTN

Main aesthetic concerns:
• Long midface
• Narrow face

Stats after surgery:
69mm IPD
• 0.47 ESR
• 35 mm ICD
• 1 MFR

View attachment 2679699

All ratios are secondary to IPD and ICD; the OBO essentially reset my foundation, serving as the necessary groundwork for lateral expansion across my entire face. Think of it as bimax but for the lateral ↔️ growth instead of forward. It significantly enhanced my midface ratio, shortening the perceived length, aided by the supraorbital dropdown applied to the implant design, which shortened my nose and lowered my eyebrows.

View attachment 2679753

Additionally, as you might have noticed the increase in IPD is not equal to the increase in ICD, which was achieved through a combination of obo with medial orbital wall implants, which was done in order to achieve the ideal increase for both metrics. Effectively all my aesthetic concerns were addressed without any fear for severe complications, as the OBO was done subcranially (without exposing the brain). While there are more details, I’d rather not make the initial post too technical. You can feel free to ask for specifics.

View attachment 2679773View attachment 2679629

Credits to @RealSurgerymax, the designer and inventor behind many modifications, who assisted during the surgery, and to Dr. Burak Ercin, the surgeon. The procedure was a complete success, confirmed by post-op CT scans. It involved a manageable recovery, probably comparable to that of bimax. I had minimal pain but a lot of swelling in the initial week. Double vision (expected due to IPD adjustment) was fully resolved within a month. I spent a week in the hospital for extended IV antibiotics, minimizing infection risks. The only lingering complication is minor strabismus, which I plan to correct surgically soon.

View attachment 2679777View attachment 2679778

Overall, I’m incredibly satisfied with the experience and results, though I’ve yet to see the final outcome due to swelling. Huge thanks to Surgerymax for revolutionizing hardmaxxing and Dr. Ercin for executing the plan successfully. Special thanks to (you know who you are) for the support throughout the journey.

I’m currently sharing only procedure photos on Giant’s page, withholding before/after pictures until I complete my surgical journey in a few years.

Thanks for reading.

View attachment 2679823View attachment 2679789

Designer:

View attachment 2679761

Surgeon:

View attachment 2679762

OBO edit:

I am so excited for you!

• +1
Reactions: Hernan, aspiringexcel, boringthot and 1 other person
30k to move your eyes lemme see how it looks rn
30k for accurate and meticulous 3d planning, titanium Periorbital implants that recontoured my entire upper and middle thirds + moving my eyes (which does a lot more for facial harmonisation than you realise)

• +1
Reactions: Manana, zz67, MTNAscension2 and 9 others
Damn was it painful?
No, it’s inserted after you have been anaesthetised, you can request to have it removed while you are still under. I didn’t and it was only mildly painful for a few seconds.

• +1
Reactions: Running!, Shkreliii and user123456
Hello everyone! I am a long time lurker on .org and dedicated hardmaxxer - many of you might know me as monke from looksmax related group chats. I’m here to discuss the planning, share my personal experience, and answer questions regarding the whole process of the orbital box osteotomy combined with orbital implants. Feel free to ask any questions.

View attachment 2679696View attachment 2679745View attachment 2679746View attachment 2679722View attachment 2679747

View attachment 2679860
Original stats:
62mm IPD
• 0.46 ESR
• 31mm ICD
•135mm bizygomatic width
• 0.95 Midface Ratio
• Rated as MTN

Main aesthetic concerns:
• Long midface
• Narrow face

Stats after surgery:
69mm IPD
• 0.47 ESR
• 35 mm ICD
• 1.0 Midface Ratio

View attachment 2679699

View attachment 2679753

Thanks for reading.

Designer:

View attachment 2679761

Surgeon:

View attachment 2679762

OBO edit:

History

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: 14vic, Hernan, lemonnz and 4 others
How is this thread not popping wtf

• +1
Reactions: zz67 and callisto

View attachment 2679860
Original stats:
62mm IPD
• 0.46 ESR
• 31mm ICD
•135mm bizygomatic width
• 0.95 Midface Ratio
• Rated as MTN

Main aesthetic concerns:
• Long midface
• Narrow face

Stats after surgery:
69mm IPD
• 0.47 ESR
• 35 mm ICD
• 1.0 Midface Ratio

View attachment 2679699

View attachment 2679753

Thanks for reading.

Designer:

View attachment 2679761

Surgeon:

View attachment 2679762

OBO edit:

Are your eyebrows lower ? How different do you look do think your parents wouldn’t be able to recognize you ?

• +1
Reactions: Ape101

View attachment 2679860
Original stats:
62mm IPD
• 0.46 ESR
• 31mm ICD
•135mm bizygomatic width
• 0.95 Midface Ratio
• Rated as MTN

Main aesthetic concerns:
• Long midface
• Narrow face

Stats after surgery:
69mm IPD
• 0.47 ESR
• 35 mm ICD
• 1.0 Midface Ratio

View attachment 2679699

View attachment 2679753

Thanks for reading.

Designer:

View attachment 2679761

Surgeon:

View attachment 2679762

OBO edit:

I’m 15 and planing on getting this inshallah

• JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: albanian_chad, Kofri727, SonOfDarkseid and 15 others

View attachment 2679860
Original stats:
62mm IPD
• 0.46 ESR
• 31mm ICD
•135mm bizygomatic width
• 0.95 Midface Ratio
• Rated as MTN

Main aesthetic concerns:
• Long midface
• Narrow face

Stats after surgery:
69mm IPD
• 0.47 ESR
• 35 mm ICD
• 1.0 Midface Ratio

View attachment 2679699

View attachment 2679753

Thanks for reading.

Designer:

View attachment 2679761

Surgeon:

View attachment 2679762

OBO edit:

Do you look complete different now or still look familiar to family and friends and do you have less uee

• +1
One thing i dont understand is u had 62mm ipd and 0.95 midface which means around 65mm midface length ( the line u use to measure mfr), but then u say u got it to 69mm ipd but mfr is only 1?
69/65 = 1.06? Assuming u didnt lengthen ur actual midface lol

• +1
One thing i dont understand is u had 62mm ipd and 0.95 midface which means around 65mm midface length ( the line u use to measure mfr), but then u say u got it to 69mm ipd but mfr is only 1?
What’s Jordan Barrett midface ratio

• +1
Reactions: 147 and fuckedupmanlet
Are your eyebrows lower ? How different do you look do think your parents wouldn’t be able to recognize you ?
Yes, although this is what typically happens with supraorbital implants, it was ensured by anchoring the eyebrows to the supraorbital implants.

I look quite different, but like a better grown version of myself. My parents can still recognise me, for now 😉

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Hernan, 147, Shkreliii and 5 others
Yes, although this is what typically happens with supraorbital implants, it was ensured by anchoring the eyebrows to the supraorbital implants.

I look quite different, but like a better grown version of myself. My parents can still recognise me, for now 😉
Bro could dm me the picks I swear I won’t share I’m just curious because I plant on getting this myself

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: goatedjordan23, depressionmaxxing, zerohopecel and 6 others
It’s impossible to get perfect measurements, before and after. What’s clear is that my mfr was slightly below ideal before and it looks ideal now.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: LooksThinker, user123456, aesthetic beauty and 1 other person
It’s impossible to get perfect measurements, before and after. What’s clear is that my mfr was slightly below ideal before and it looks ideal now.
Which mode mdfr like u have Sean opry because he has long nose and but wide face

Tbh u must look like a new person, going from 13.5cm skull to 14.7cm is wild

• +1
Reactions: DelonLover1999, LooksThinker, MTNAscension2 and 6 others
Bro could dm me the picks I swear I won’t share I’m just curious because I plant on getting this myself
Ignore @ccwarrior he just jealous he’ll never been in the obo club

• JFL
Reactions: user123456, Tai Lung, tom69 and 3 others

Good Lord what a hard maxxer you are

How can you afford all of this anyways

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker, aspiringexcel, fuxkdakikez and 3 others

View attachment 2679860
Original stats:
62mm IPD
• 0.46 ESR
• 31mm ICD
•135mm bizygomatic width
• 0.95 Midface Ratio
• Rated as MTN

Main aesthetic concerns:
• Long midface
• Narrow face

Stats after surgery:
69mm IPD
• 0.47 ESR
• 35 mm ICD
• 1.0 Midface Ratio

View attachment 2679699

View attachment 2679753

Thanks for reading.

Designer:

View attachment 2679761

Surgeon:

View attachment 2679762

OBO edit:

Is it not hard to get all these surgeries? One would have to have zero inhib. Good results though.

How are you financing this?

• +1
Reactions: Moldovancel
😍

• +1
Reactions: HighClassMaxing
I’m trying to get like you big bro

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: LooksThinker, 147, fuxkdakikez and 2 others
Good Lord what a hard maxxer you are

How can you afford all of this anyways
Through a business that I've grown in the past 2 years.

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker, 147, aspiringexcel and 3 others
Is it not hard to get all these surgeries? One would have to have zero inhib. Good results though.

How are you financing this?
It's not as scary as it may seem from the pictures, now that I've gotten my first surgery the rest seem easy.

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker, 147, aspiringexcel and 2 others
Pic of how u looked before?
I'd share but I know how this forum reacts when it's not supported by post ascension pics. I'll be sharing the full transformation once I'm done with it.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: orthochadic, N1666, Splinter901 and 13 others
I'd share but I know how this forum reacts when it's not supported by post ascension pics. I'll be sharing the full transformation once I'm done.
Dm maybe? Im not asking how u look now just curious on ur base before if its possible

Insane would like to see before and after of course when the inflammation and body accepts the implants. But I couldn’t imagine. I spoke with giant. The dude said yeah I could benefit from xyz but you have to make an appointment with surgeons. But then why ask for scans or pics? I get that the surgeons need to talk to patients since they’re licensed but whatever.

Did you measure your fwhr for before and after?

Insane would like to see before and after of course when the inflammation and body accepts the implants. But I couldn’t imagine. I spoke with giant. The dude said yeah I could benefit from xyz but you have to make an appointment with surgeons. But then why ask for scans or pics? I get that the surgeons need to talk to patients since they’re licensed but whatever.

Did you measure your fwhr for before and after?
~1.81->1.89 measuring height from top of the upper lip to the middle of the eyebrows

Last edited:
turk musun?
mods botb btw literally the second person ever to get obo in PSL history first is @CosmicMaxxer

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: LooksThinker, 147, aspiringexcel and 9 others
turk musun?
mods botb btw literally the second person ever to get obo in PSL history first is @CosmicMaxxer
@CosmicMaxxer is the real og, I've got a lot of respect for him. But, my plan is quite different compared to his.

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker, aspiringexcel and Shkreliii
~1.81->1.89 measuring height from top of the upper lip to the middle of the eyebrows
are you american? can I dm you the procedure process and how you went about? I'm assuming giant didn't really do anything until you reached out to the surgeon first then they made a plan?

@CosmicMaxxer is the real og, I've got a lot of respect for him. But, my plan is quite different compared to his.
please dont be like a botched retard like him, getting from non-aesthetic surgeons and spending 600k to look the same

also good fucking job, im proud of you. if your going to be a hardcore hardmaxxer please actually change how you look, @CosmicMaxxer's case gives me suifuel cause his harmony did not change at all, his dating pool stayed the same

• +1
Reactions: losthope, aspiringexcel, SteveRogers and 6 others