I have 115-120 gonial angle yet I look downgrown

bobsmith03

bobsmith03

Diamond
I measured my gonial angle

Before2
Before1

idk what angle these were taken in but the first one was natural head posture and I extended my neck out a bit, for it to be easier to find gonial angle
the second one is in the Frankfurt plane, I was looking more down

Also, I took the first picture in a weird camera position and have a beard so hard to trace around the mustache. I don't have chimp lips

Anyway my gonial angle is nowhere near 130 deg which is good but I still look downgrown. What can I do to fix this issue?

Also can someone point me in the direction on how tf do I measure gonial angle correctly, am I meant to be in Frankfurt plane? what head posture? Im buying a protractor on amazon to measure this shit once and for all.

• Hmm...
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer
Short ramus.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 43403 and Deleted member 32486
I also have a 27mm ICD (inner canthus distance), i measured with a compass. wtf

Gonial angle is a poor indicator of forward growth. Literally cope

Frantfurt plane is everything

• Love it
Reactions: Sick
Because that is still downwardgrown, your ramus is supposed to be 95-105 incel.

• +1
Reactions: Magnum Opus
how do I determine the extent of my forward growth for the mandible
You can absolute (actual jaw size)
Screenshot 2023 09 29 00 48 03 88 e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f

Or you can measure relative which is how you chin lines up relative to your browridge (I prefer comparing it to the eye) at frankfurt plane

• +1
Reactions: bobsmith03
Because that is still downwardgrown, your ramus is supposed to be 95-105 incel.
my mandible length is 12.7cm aswell. imagine I had a good gonial angle, I would mog so hard

• +1
Reactions: Krakowski
The entire mandible bone or the bone or excluding the ramus?

Im thinking to get sliding genio. Do you know any information around the changes in soft tissue it would have? Would it pull forward my lower lip too (the top arrow). I ideally want it for slide profile, chin height is a bonus but just a couple mms

• +1
Reactions: Krakowski

sliding genio morph If my assumptions on how it works is correct.

The third one is a morph of bimax, genio, rhino If that is how bimax works by rotating lower third clockwise and reducing midface

• +1
Reactions: inwardgonionscel
Not a 3,5-4 CM ramus.
Total ramus 6.1cm

However my left total ramus is 5.75cm, this might be my error since I can't properly measure left side. I have an asymmetry, something like this:

so probably going to fix that asymmetry first before doing genio, or maybe both at same time. Do you know what surgery this is called above?

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois
You sure you don't have Jewish ancestry? Jews almost always have ears lower than their eyes that are curved like yours.
Nope my brother took a dna test kit, came out 0.5% jew iirc. most of its Anatolia, Iran, syria

• +1
Reactions: 0hMan
bsso right? I might just go for bimax lol if I'm going to do that, and benefit from decreased philtrum + sloped nose fix
It is a BSSO but the way you cut the mandible at the antegonial notch is weird, remember @julianchicago talking about it.

• +1
Reactions: bobsmith03
Total ramus 6.1cm

View attachment 2459416

However my left total ramus is 5.75cm, this might be my error since I can't properly measure left side. I have an asymmetry, something like this:
View attachment 2459420View attachment 2459421

so probably going to fix that asymmetry first before doing genio, or maybe both at same time. Do you know what surgery this is called above?
also from this asymmetry im pretty sure it put more strength in my right masseter and my left ramus didn't develop because of it, probably also caused my left eye to be more hollow

It is a BSSO but the way you cut the mandible at the antegonial notch is weird, remember @julianchicago talking about it.
my left mandible has a steeper antegonial notch aswell from feeling it. all this caused from sleeping on my left and chewing on right, fuck me

edit: I've always used to sleep like

my hypothesis is the this caused imbalance in my neck muscles, which caused me to tilt my head, which caused assyemtric mewing and masseter being developed more on my right side.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois

check out my new post guys that relates to this