I have inward gonions will chewing worsen or improve my jaw?

F

floppyshaft87

Iron
My face shape is very much young Leo DiCaprio like with wide zygos and inward gonions. I don’t mind it much it’s just I def have to go for a pretty boy look rather than hyper masc but that’s fine by me. Either way I’m wondering if chewing for masseter hypertrophy will just make me look more bloated or if it would improve my facial aesthetic?
IMG 3505

Sorry if my post is repetitive I tried searching around here first and couldn’t get any clear answers so here I am.

• +1
Reactions: Dream99 and greycel
you'd need to be lean

I have inward gonions too but my ramus is pretty tall so chewing instantly fixed it. I would say it depends on your ramus length, if its short then don't chew just debloat, become leaner, mew 24/7 and improve your hyoid bone.
Also do NOT use ur buccinator muscles botox them if neccesary.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: likenesss, qxtwz7854, JohnDoe and 2 others
I have inward gonions too but my ramus is pretty tall so chewing instantly fixed it. I would say it depends on your ramus length, if its short then don't chew just debloat, become leaner, mew 24/7 and improve your hyoid bone.
How long is your ramus?

How long is your ramus?
just a bit longer than 5 cm measuring from my earlobe to my gonion
edit: i just measured now and its almost 6cm 5.8cm

Last edited:
just a bit longer than 5 cm measuring from my earlobe to my gonion
edit: i just measured now and its almost 6cm 5.8cm
The whole ramus bone. From lobe to gonions isn't a good way to measure cause of lower set ears and bigger or smaller ears

Measure from near the tragus where the zygo starts to emerge from the zygomatic process

Are your facial thirds equal?
my top third is a little shorter than average since my hairline is low. but the bottom 2/3 are equal
top third= 5cm
mid and bottom around 6.5cm each

my top third is a little shorter than average since my hairline is low. but the bottom 2/3 are equal
top third= 5cm
mid and bottom around 6.5cm each
Seems alright you gonial angle must be low too

Seems alright you gonial angle must be low too
not really the reason my ramus is tall because i have very high set cheekbones the gonial angle is average i think. I wonder what your measurments are

not really the reason my ramus is tall because i have very high set cheekbones the gonial angle is average i think. I wonder what your measurments are
I'm recessed so they're dogshit. Almost 8 cm ramus from the zygomatic process. Facial thirds are equal with the lower being the biggest second to the midface. But the gonions are narrow, low set ears or just a downgrown skull idk and a relatively short mandble with a gonail angle of 125-130 never really measured it

I'm recessed so they're dogshit. Almost 8 cm ramus from the zygomatic process. Facial thirds are equal with the lower being the biggest second to the midface. But the gonions are narrow, low set ears or just a downgrown skull idk and a relatively short mandble with a gonail angle of 125-130 never really measured it
how old are you?

i dont know if this works but maybe try biting and pulling on a towel it might help with your recession if you do it frequently enough

• JFL
Reactions: Newday*V3
Me my
Measure from near the tragus where the zygo starts to emerge from the zygomatic proce
M
Also do NOT use ur buccinator muscles botox them if necce

My ramus is between 6.5 and 7 cm long measuring from the tragus is that long enough? I’m leaning strongly toward chewing atm

Me my

M

My ramus is between 6.5 and 7 cm long measuring from the tragus is that long enough? I’m leaning strongly toward chewing atm
Depends, how long the rest of your face is.

Smash your gonions with a hammer

greycels unironically have the best advice and are the ones keeping this forum in check, proud of u niggas

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: GreenRay88 and Alann
dont be obese lmfao

It's on the shorter side I wouldn't over chew if I can't get Botox easily
Ok my cheekbones are higher than my tragus and my measurements prob were not greatly accurate but thank u for ur advice my guy I will chew but make sure to not overdo it

Ok my cheekbones are higher than my tragus and my measurements prob were not greatly accurate but thank u for ur advice my guy I will chew but make sure to not overdo it
Do from zygomatic process then

Do from zygomatic process then
Ok I made sure to look up exactly where the zygomatic process was this time and now I’m getting more like 7.3 cm and I’m pretty positive that’s a much more accurate measurement.

Is 7.5cm ramus (from zygo) and 18.5 cm face length good or bad?
Depends on how the facial thirds are distributed plus gonial angle but judging by just the ramus it's a bit above avg. The ramus in itself isn't good or bad it's just there depending on the rest of the face

• +1
Reactions: Swedish autist
Ok I made sure to look up exactly where the zygomatic process was this time and now I’m getting more like 7.3 cm and I’m pretty positive that’s a much more accurate measurement.
The measurement will be shorter than the actual ramus cause the zygomatic process does cover a bit of the ramus. If it looks tall it is tall (shocking ik). Chew anyways it's good and don't over do it. You won't bloat if your lean jfl

The measurement will be shorter than the actual ramus cause the zygomatic process does cover a bit of the ramus. If it looks tall it is tall (shocking ik). Chew anyways it's good and don't over do it. You won't bloat if your lean jfl
Thank u I appreciate the help man really