I have used 2mm dermapen now with retinol on my whole face

D

Deleted member 22354

I used a head with 36 needles. Retinol applied beforehand as the active ingredient and then jojoba oil in combination with castor oil applied to damp skin afterwards. I left out only the under eyes area.

It was neither painful nor did it bleed except for a few spots. Now my face is red (but not too much) and my skin burns/twitches slightly. From experience, my skin will now come off easily and renew itself over the next few days.

Since I've done laser skin resurfacing before (years ago i mean) for scar removal, it's not comparable. The laser treatment was much more intense and the skin was redder and "swollen".

Therefore, I do not understand the fear of some users here from 2mm. Will try 3mm next month maybe

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22354
nah that's pussy tier why not jump straight to 4mm for the ultimate gains
My dermapen only goes up to 3mm, unfortunately.

Edit: I just looked at it again, 2.5mm is maximum

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 23564 and PURE ARYAN GENETICS
you can add dermapen needles in series. Attach them to each other to run it for 10mm. You will also stimulate your maxilla and mandible to grow alongside collagenmaxxing.

Your iq is monkey-tier if you put a topical retinoid onto your skin directly prior to microneedling. You are needling a high dose of vitamin A directly into your bloodstream. Your risk of developing hypervitaminosis A (cancer, neurotoxicity, liver and kidney damage) is greatly increased + A vitamins are fat-soluble so by the time you notice symptoms it's over.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: ascension!, Deleted member 23564, Deleted member 22354 and 1 other person
You are needling a high dose of vitamin A directly into your bloodstream. Your risk of developing hypervitaminosis A (cancer, neurotoxicity, liver and kidney damage) is greatly increased + A vitamins are fat-soluble so by the time you notice symptoms it's over.
Retinol or tret is bullshit in my eyes, just wanted to give it a try and document changes in comparison to blood. Blood is much much more effective I can already say now, retinol does nothing even at 2mm. I usually use my own blood. Will try PRP next time with 2.5mm.

hypervitaminosis A
This is nearly impossible lets be real. It is true that this is possible through synthetic vitamin A like the product I used, BUT I only used about 3000μg retinol so 10000 IU vitamin a. The danger for hypervitaminosis A exists in studies only from an amount of 25000 IU synthetic vitamin A. Unless you supplement 25k IU vitamin A, this will not happen.

Last edited:
Whats your dermapen ?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22354