I keep getting mixed reviews on whether to do MSE or not.

Deleted member 6908

Deleted member 6908

Looks, Charisma, Masculine Virtues
I keep getting mixed reviews on whether to do MSE or not. Someone says it will widen your nose which is wide already and harmonious with your face and someone else says it will make your IPD look worse.

At the end of the day something is poorly positioned with regard to my right side which is effecting everything and I don't know what it is. I don't wanna accept this utter bullcrap about everyone has a more underdeveloped side. My browridge is weaker, my cheekbone is weaker, my ear even sticks out on that side. It's a side to a different fucking face and pisses me royally off.

Get SARPE if you don't want the shitty effects of MSE like worsening your ES ratio and whatnot.

• Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: Fgsfds and RAITEIII
youre almost 30, it would be waste of money for you, if you dont have breathing problems, the aesthetic changes will be minimal

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot, Yerico7, zaynbrah and 3 others
youre almost 30, it would be waste of money for you, if you dont have breathing problems, the aesthetic changes will be minimal

What studies/proof do you have that MSE doesn't impact the face after 25?

S.A.R.P.E is an acronym for Surgically Assisted Rapid Palatal Expansion. It is a technique that combines surgery with orthodontic treatment to achieve a widening of small palates, correcting problems such as lateral cross bite and dental crowding of the upper arch.

For whom is SARPE indicated?
00085112_html_34584e7a.jpg

The palate is formed by two bones that join in the dome of the maxilla. The union between these two bones is called palatine suture or maxillary suture.

Ideally, the palate expansion should be carried out at an early age, before the palatine suture has completely fused, a process that is completed during puberty. In these cases a surgical intervention is not necessary, but only an orthodontic treatment called RPE (Rapid Palatal Expansion).

For patients whose palatal suture has already fused, the SARPE (the palatal expansion by surgical route) is the only viable treatment.

• +1
Reactions: TheRealist

Looks like SARPE is a viable option:
For patients whose palatal suture has already fused, the SARPE (the palatal expansion by surgical route) is the only viable treatment.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9699
It's also good because it doesn't fuck up your ES ratio or IPD.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6908
You got dumped yet OP?

I keep getting mixed reviews on whether to do MSE or not. Someone says it will widen your nose which is wide already and harmonious with your face and someone else says it will make your IPD look worse.

At the end of the day something is poorly positioned with regard to my right side which is effecting everything and I don't know what it is. I don't wanna accept this utter bullcrap about everyone has a more underdeveloped side. My browridge is weaker, my cheekbone is weaker, my ear even sticks out on that side. It's a side to a different fucking face and pisses me royally off.
Only do MSE for functional reasons, it has look amazing benefits only as in it has transformative effects for those who need it for medical reasons.

• +1
You shouldn't do bc it'll worsen your ES ratio

• +1
Reactions: Introvertednarc

mse can work with cortical puncture or surgical assist.

• +1
Reactions: Agendum
S.A.R.P.E is an acronym for Surgically Assisted Rapid Palatal Expansion. It is a technique that combines surgery with orthodontic treatment to achieve a widening of small palates, correcting problems such as lateral cross bite and dental crowding of the upper arch.

For whom is SARPE indicated?
00085112_html_34584e7a.jpg

The palate is formed by two bones that join in the dome of the maxilla. The union between these two bones is called palatine suture or maxillary suture.

Ideally, the palate expansion should be carried out at an early age, before the palatine suture has completely fused, a process that is completed during puberty. In these cases a surgical intervention is not necessary, but only an orthodontic treatment called RPE (Rapid Palatal Expansion).

Bra thank you for posting all that. I hate to pester u more but would u know who performs that in the US?

Bra thank you for posting all that. I hate to pester u more but would u know who performs that in the US?

SARPE can be done with an MSE device, which is a particular type of MARPE device trademarked by Won Moon. That’s it. Dr. Ting will do MSE with surgical assist but you can get cortical punctures to help the suture split.

• +1
Will it fix this asymmetry?

it’s hard to tell there. It looks like you make have canted occlusion and that’s needed to asymmetry in the mandible. The good news if that’s the case is that you can intrude/extrude the teen to correct the cant, and this typically alleviates the asymmetry.

• +1
Reactions: Agendum
it’s hard to tell there. It looks like you make have canted occlusion and that’s needed to asymmetry in the mandible. The good news if that’s the case is that you can intrude/extrude the teen to correct the cant, and this typically alleviates the asymmetry.

but I note a midface asymmetry, as do you, and if that is the case then I wouldn’t recommend MSE as it will often result in further asymmetry due to differences in bone density and the rigidity of the functional structures.

IMO focus on leanmaxxing and fix your eye area. Infraorbital rim implants will amend any asymmetry there.

Fabulous. Using what orthodontic or cosmetic procedure?

but I note a midface asymmetry, as do you, and if that is the case then I wouldn’t recommend MSE as it will often result in further asymmetry due to differences in bone density and the rigidity of the functional structures.

IMO focus on leanmaxxing and fix your eye area. Infraorbital rim implants will amend any asymmetry there.

The maxillary positioning is also different dude. It's recessed on the right side. Everything on the right side is wack. An implant in my orbital rims on my right side isn't soley going to fix this, surely?

Fabulous. Using what orthodontic or cosmetic procedure?

TADs and elastics to intrude and extrude the requisite teeth. This takes an experienced ortho. I’m not familiar with any in the UK.

do you have an underbite?

The maxillary positioning is also different dude. It's recessed on the right side. Everything on the right side is wack. An implant in my orbital rims on my right side isn't soley going to fix this, surely?

much of the time it’s not a true asymmetry. Occlusion will change the way the soft tissue in the midface is supported.

Check this video out for more info.