Idk why someone on here and not only here puts such a huge emphasis on testosterone.

F

FeelingUgly

Recessed slayer
Like it is some god hormone that will make you a "muh real man" Guys really need to learn some basic biology which says that other hormones also play a key role. You may have astronomically high levels of T and still struggle maybe because your prolactin is too high (that's just an example). But to sum up, sometimes peoples issues aren't really caused by some hormonal balances. Rather It's s diet, and physical activity (which is often overlooked, and people are too lazy to do) are crucial elements in maintaining good health

Basically this.

For you to feel healthy and strong, you need to have high free testosterone, with comparatively high estrogen and controlled prolactin. Fyi most of the time prolactin isn't an issue so long as you're not taking a 19-nor steroid

The worst thing you can do is take an aromatase inhibitor without being on test, especially if it's something like exemestane that will not rebound

• +1
Reactions: JCaesar
The worst thing you can do is take an aromatase inhibitor without being on test, especially if it's something like exemestane that will not rebound
What if someone is heightmaxxing though

What if someone is heightmaxxing though
I always rubbish it because you can't know how much you would have grown if you didn't take an AI anyway, like did you grow by an extra inch or an extra millimetre. The health sides you get from slamming AIs are brutal long term, and I cannot exaggerate just how SHIT low estrogen feels.

• +1
The health sides you get from slamming AIs are brutal long term, and I cannot exaggerate just how SHIT low estrogen feels.
What do you think would happen to someone using AIs to heightmaxx at 16?
Would the sides affect brain or brain development a lot?

What do you think would happen to someone using AIs to heightmaxx at 16?
Would the sides affect brain or brain development a lot?
I laugh at them because like, I've seen people grow 6 inches from 16-18.

Look at your parents heights before doing anything abusive to your body, and make your decision. If your dad is 5'6 and your mom is 5'2, yeah maybe think about an AI and I wouldn't judge you.

They probably would. I can't say for certain because like, there individual responses to drugs and most of these studies are on adults, but estrogen is neuro protective. By increasing the amount of androgens in your body and decreasing your estrogen, in adults you increase your risk of Alzheimers and early onset dementia. So think about that before doing them.

• +1
I laugh at them because like, I've seen people grow 6 inches from 16-18.

Look at your parents heights before doing anything abusive to your body, and make your decision. If your dad is 5'6 and your mom is 5'2, yeah maybe think about an AI and I wouldn't judge you.

They probably would. I can't say for certain because like, there individual responses to drugs and most of these studies are on adults, but estrogen is neuro protective. By increasing the amount of androgens in your body and decreasing your estrogen, in adults you increase your risk of Alzheimers and early onset dementia. So think about that before doing them.
Thanks for the input bro, would you know if there would be much of a difference in still keeping a slight amount of estrogen if one doesn't wanna completely fuck up their mind but still gotta heightmax (Like should it even make a difference if you're keeping a bit of estradiol instead of nuking it all jfl, at puberty ofc)?

Thanks for the input bro, would you know if there would be much of a difference in still keeping a slight amount of estrogen if one doesn't wanna completely fuck up their mind but still gotta heightmax (Like should it even make a difference if you're keeping a bit of estradiol instead of nuking it all jfl, at puberty ofc)?
You should have a proportionate amount of estrogen to testosterone, because testosterone is cardiotoxic and will affect your brain function.

When you have more testosterone floating around from taking an AI without estrogen to protect your brain and heart, you're just going to have an impact. And that's without considering other hormones/enzymes your body creates which also may affect your brain without estrogen to protect you. Itll probably be less bad than just nuking your estrogen into the ground, but I guess it's like having a little bit of cancer rather than a lot of it

To put it into perspective, I take steroids and I try as hard as I can not to take AIs, and have my testosterone dosage just below a point where I need to because I do not want the long term consequences of the damage I will do with low estrogen.

• +1
testosterone is cardiotoxic and will affect your brain function.
Necessarily in a negative way? It wouldn't make you try to act more "masculine" or anything like that right?

Necessarily in a negative way? It wouldn't make you try to act more "masculine" or anything like that right?
Generally no, unless you're prone to specific mental illnesses. You might just be more sure of yourself with high t.

Bodybuilders don't generally get roid rage from testosterone, it's normally because they're really tired from insomnia and a drug making them really hyper focussed

• +1
Generally no, unless you're prone to specific mental illnesses. You might just be more sure of yourself with high t.

Bodybuilders don't generally get roid rage from testosterone, it's normally because they're really tired from insomnia and a drug making them really hyper focussed
Oh, I was worried about high AI doses and it's testosterone surge with little estrogen negatively affecting the brain with intelligence or the way it develops in general (possibly changing it's course or something like that). I guess that shouldn't be the biggest of worries using an AI then?

Oh, I was worried about high AI doses and it's testosterone surge with little estrogen negatively affecting the brain with intelligence or the way it develops in general (possibly changing it's course or something like that). I guess that shouldn't be the biggest of worries using an AI then?
You probably won't notice anything, until you get Alzheimer's or in some way fuck your development.

The thing is you're affecting your brain as it is developing. We don't have studies on what may happen, we just know what it affects, and I'm not qualified in the field to tell you 100 percent. You may be fine, you may get Alzheimer's in your 50s, you might have a personality change and get dementia in your 20s.

• +1
You probably won't notice anything, until you get Alzheimer's or in some way fuck your development.

The thing is you're affecting your brain as it is developing. We don't have studies on what may happen, we just know what it affects, and I'm not qualified in the field to tell you 100 percent. You may be fine, you may get Alzheimer's in your 50s, you might have a personality change and get dementia in your 20s.
Thanks for the help man, I wasn't sure if I should leave some estradiol or high dose nuke with AI but that makes me think it could be better to be safe than sorry with this. Appreciate it.