I'm gonna get invisalign, but the ortho wants to close my teeth gap by getting them close to each other, won't this make my palate smaller?

Talking Late

Talking Late

Iron
I did 2 consultations with 2 different surgeons, and both said I should fix my deep bite with an ortho. My main concern were my mental labial folds, and that the bottom lips is smaller compared to the top one.
So I had a consultation with my orthodontist:

The plan is to fix my teeth with the invisalign, which is fine, it's the same the surgeons told to me, it should give my lips better support. What make me doubtful is that he wanna close the gap between my teeth by getting rid of lip frenulum (which i don't mind) and getting the teeth closer to each other.

Won't this make my mouth or palate more narrow or smaller? i would like to avoid that, and so i asked him if we can just add veneers to close the diastemas, even because everyone (the surgeons and my ortho himself) said my teeth are a bit small.

He may can do that, but just for the top teeth, and maybe not for the bottom ones.. idk

What would be better?

I got invisalign to close the gap created after SARPE and the ortho made my arch much wider looking
Brought it from V shape to more of a U shape
If your ortho is working on improving the shape of your arch it wont narrow the palate

• +1
Reactions: currylightskin
Not a word

I got invisalign to close the gap created after SARPE and the ortho made my arch much wider looking
Brought it from V shape to more of a U shape
If your ortho is working on improving the shape of your arch it wont narrow the palate
How the arch would be wider if the teeth are closer to each other.

Mine should be tilted forward too, maybe this will help.. it just made me wonder.. i won't spend time and money to look worse lol