In Depth Explanation about how truly brutal Lens Distortion is.

which iphone or another phone like Xiaomi, Samsung is the cheapest with decent focal length?
@Bvnny. suggest a samsung that was like $300 but I forgot the name.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 17244 and Korea
77mm is EVEN BETTER than 50mm lol.
77mm will indeed make you look better if you have a narrower/longer face as it will make you appear wider.

But the idea here is to find the focal length and distance at which a picture is most similar to what other people see when viewing you in real life. It’s not to catfish people and fraud by focal length maxxing.

Are you saying 77mm makes you look better or are you saying 77mm is a more ACCURATE depiction than 50mm relative to what the naked human eye perceives?

One of those is wrong. One of those is right.

• +1
Reactions: Korea
77mm will indeed make you look better if you have a narrower/longer face as it will make you appear wider.

But the idea here is to find the focal length and distance at which a picture is most similar to what other people see when viewing you in real life. It’s not to catfish people and fraud by focal length maxxing.

Are you saying 77mm makes you look better or are you saying
Won't make you look better. 50mm is enough.
77mm is a more ACCURATE depiction than 50mm relative to what the naked human eye perceives?
Eh. Once you pass 50mm you're not lookng any better and the accuracy won't change.

The only thing is the photo will have higher quality etc.

Use whatever phone models use to take instagram pictures.
Aka the latest iPhone. Start saving :feelswhy:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17244 and Korea
Use whatever phone models use to take instagram pictures.
Aka the latest iPhone. Start saving :feelswhy:
better buy iphone instead of stupid surgery if you are in normie tier. It will be absolute useless getting invasive osteotomy and then taking photos with xiaomi :ROFLMAO:

• JFL
Reactions: forevermirin
Won't make you look better. 50mm is enough.

Eh. Once you pass 50mm you're not lookng any better and the accuracy won't change.

The only thing is the photo will have higher quality etc.
Not entirely true. It makes a difference even after 50mm, albeit not shockingly obvious at a quick glance.

Example right here. You see differences between 50mm and the next ones. It gets slightly wider and wider.

Attachments

• A7B68D32-1D09-489E-97EE-26A8DF3A5138.jpeg
    A7B68D32-1D09-489E-97EE-26A8DF3A5138.jpeg
    312.5 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: Korea
Not entirely true. It makes a difference even after 50mm, albeit not shockingly obvious at a quick glance.

Example right here. You see differences between 50mm and the next ones. It gets slightly wider and wider.
Yes, but it's too the point of "Added Benefit" rather than increasing accuracy.

50mm and up will get you a very accurate photo of yourself.

100mm+ will just be a higher res photo etc.

Having a blast shitting on cope threads.

This whole section is full of it. In between retards forcefully pushing their tongue against the roof all day, people arguing about where to most effectively bonesmash and others theorizing which doctor might do lf 3 which no one will ever get, your threads fit right in.

Keep feeding on :soy::bluepill: :bluepill::bluepill::bluepill::bluepill:
true. cope thread. used to I believed it's true but i bought s20 with big focal length and it doesn't matter when it comes to my face. Mirror selfies are the best as your face is fully visible, in selfies my midface is longer and nose more bulbous

• Woah
true. cope thread. used to I believed it's true but i bought s20 with big focal length and it doesn't matter when it comes to my face. Mirror selfies are the best as your face is fully visible, in selfies my midface is longer and nose more bulbous
yeah feel like my nose is larger in selfies but I don't know really,

TLDR: Lens Distortion is the devil. If your phone doesn't have a camera with at least a 50mm Focal Length Telephoto Lens. Don't ever take pictures basically. The distance between you and the camera means nothing if the camera doesn't have the focal length to match.

Cut straight to the chase, I sent out a picture to a few users here and asked them to guess a few things.

(I have a iPhone XR with 28MM Focal Length. You should be able to see where this is going.)
View attachment 1555103

FWHR
Chin Heigth in (MM)
Gonial Width in (MM)

These 3 measurements TBH decide your entire life aside from MFR and IPD lol.

Also, things like eyebrow length and eyebrow placement were very affected.

So, what did the people guess??

FWHR: 1.7
Chin Height: The Average was 24mm:forcedsmile:
Gonial Width: 98mm:forcedsmile:

And Keep in mind, this was following the "6ft away" rule.

So, if it's not obvious enough, those are death tier numbers. Really Bad.

So, by these measurements, I'm surely subhuman lol. What if I told you something that's never been stated before.

Lens Distortion is a very bad thing.

Now for the bulk of this thread. I'll be using my trusty MM Calipers, in the mirror and measure a lot of shit lol.

Then at the end, compair my MM Caliper measurements, to the ratios in the picture.

View attachment 1555107

Don't give up yet, I'mma format this thread really well so it doesn't turn into a shit show.

Crainial Measurements.
190.5mm
209.5mm

Eye Area.
47.2mm
8mm
23.9mm
30.2mm
33.6mm
8.2mm
68.5mm

Nose.
41mm
28mm
8mm

Mouth.
58.4mm
12.8mm
8mm
12.8mm
5.3mm

Chin/Bigonial/Zygos/FWHR/MFR
36.1mm
118mm
134.4mm
1:1

Ight, damn. So now that's out the way.

I'm going to do some real quick comparisons with my 6 FEET AWAY w/ BACK CAM.

Selfie Ratios will be the numbers on the LEFT and irl numbers on the RIGHT.

FWHR: 1.72 vs 1.91
MFR: 1.11 vs 1:1
Chin to Philtrum: 1.28 vs 2.82
ESR: .56% vs .48%
Mouth to Nose Ratio: 1.14 vs 1.42
PFL to Height Ratio: 3.7 vs 4.09
Lower to Upper Lip Ratio: 1.28 vs 1.6

I really don't have to go full Korea Autist Mode to show you, the camera turns you into a different fucking person sub 50mm Focal Length/Wide Angle Lens.

This thread is for all the people who are on suicide watch because they got rated 3 PSL, while taking pictures with a Nokia Supreme.

Once again, for an accurate rating. You need a Telephoto Lens with 50mm Focal Length.

iPhones with the Trio Camera have this and so does the Pixel 6 Pro.

LENS DISTORTION ISN'T COPE BROTHERS.....THE SHIT IS REAL.
View attachment 1555154View attachment 1555159View attachment 1555163
Is that pic of Meeks real ?

How accurate are mirror pics then? Realistically, does focal length affect them?

• JFL
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets
Agreed. I never taken selfies anymore with my phone since I've learned this. The only selfies I do are with my webcam for some reason the way the webcam sees me is exactly how I look like in real life or in the mirror.

That's up to your self perception if you find yourself attractive in the mirror.

The point of this thread is, the mirror is a better and more accurate representation of you looks.

Because most smartphone cameras don't have the means to take good photographs.

Especially at 26mm focal length lmao.
Holy shit Ive been reading through this thread.

If this is what you're having to repeat the rest of the thread, fml

How is it so hard to understand that if you place a box in front of a mirror right in front of it, touching it, the reflection is exactly the same size, scale and ratio as the box.

Move it further, the scale changes but the ratios dont.

(Also was explained in 6th grade physics btw with light rays and shit)

Same with your face.

If a camera pic of your face doesnt match the mirror, something is wrong.

Simple as that.

And even though you can look good in selfies, if youre going to analyze PSL your face, do it with a calliper or with a pic as close as possible to mirror ratios.

• +1
It is, but the difference wont be night & day like switching from 26mm to 77mm.

77mm to 104mm is still great, but if it's not in your budget 77mm is just fine.
If 50mm is your eyes natural focal, how does increasing focals beyond improve perception?

Any reading material source on that?

Holy shit Ive been reading through this thread.

If this is what you're having to repeat the rest of the thread, fml

How is it so hard to understand that if you place a box in front of a mirror right in front of it, touching it, the reflection is exactly the same size, scale and ratio as the box.

Move it further, the scale changes but the ratios dont.

(Also was explained in 6th grade physics btw with light rays and shit)

Same with your face.

If a camera pic of your face doesnt match the mirror, something is wrong.

Simple as that.

And even though you can look good in selfies, if youre going to analyze PSL your face, do it with a calliper or with a pic as close as possible to mirror ratios.
I'm so confused atp

• Hmm...
Lens distortion almost made me to commit a suicide.

Back in the day when I was young and not tech savvy, I thought that phone cameras work the same way as human eyes do. I thought the way the phone camera seems me and shown me in an image is the same way a human sees me.

On photos taken with my phone, my face looks extremely asymmetrical, narrow, crooked, and my nose looks very big, almost as big as my face. Such images almost made me kill myself.

Later, however, I realized that although I'm a subhuman, I'm not really that ugly. Eventually, I learned not to use the front camera for mirror purposes, nor to take photos of me using the phone. If I don't see any photos of me, I won't feel the need to die.

I'm so confused atp
What's confusing?

Just watched some tutorial on focal lengths in photography and that's kinda clear too.

50mm is the human eye's focal length.

• +1
@forevermirin anything above gives a similar but a bit narrower field of vision with more focus on the subject vs the landscape ie landscape gets creamier and blurrier.

The best bet is to borrow a DSLR from a friend and test different focal length lenses and see the difference for yourself using a tripod.

Check these videos:

• Love it
@forevermirin anything above gives a similar but a bit narrower field of vision with more focus on the subject vs the landscape ie landscape gets creamier and blurrier.

The best bet is to borrow a DSLR from a friend and test different focal length lenses and see the difference for yourself using a tripod.

Check these videos:

okay its clear now thanks!!

• +1
coping monkey

TLDR: Lens Distortion is the devil. If your phone doesn't have a camera with at least a 50mm Focal Length Telephoto Lens. Don't ever take pictures basically. The distance between you and the camera means nothing if the camera doesn't have the focal length to match.

Cut straight to the chase, I sent out a picture to a few users here and asked them to guess a few things.

(I have a iPhone XR with 28MM Focal Length. You should be able to see where this is going.)
View attachment 1555103

FWHR
Chin Heigth in (MM)
Gonial Width in (MM)

These 3 measurements TBH decide your entire life aside from MFR and IPD lol.

Also, things like eyebrow length and eyebrow placement were very affected.

So, what did the people guess??

FWHR: 1.7
Chin Height: The Average was 24mm:forcedsmile:
Gonial Width: 98mm:forcedsmile:

And Keep in mind, this was following the "6ft away" rule.

So, if it's not obvious enough, those are death tier numbers. Really Bad.

So, by these measurements, I'm surely subhuman lol. What if I told you something that's never been stated before.

Lens Distortion is a very bad thing.

Now for the bulk of this thread. I'll be using my trusty MM Calipers, in the mirror and measure a lot of shit lol.

Then at the end, compair my MM Caliper measurements, to the ratios in the picture.

View attachment 1555107

Don't give up yet, I'mma format this thread really well so it doesn't turn into a shit show.

Crainial Measurements.
190.5mm
209.5mm

Eye Area.
47.2mm
8mm
23.9mm
30.2mm
33.6mm
8.2mm
68.5mm

Nose.
41mm
28mm
8mm

Mouth.
58.4mm
12.8mm
8mm
12.8mm
5.3mm

Chin/Bigonial/Zygos/FWHR/MFR
36.1mm
118mm
134.4mm
1:1

Ight, damn. So now that's out the way.

I'm going to do some real quick comparisons with my 6 FEET AWAY w/ BACK CAM.

Selfie Ratios will be the numbers on the LEFT and irl numbers on the RIGHT.

FWHR: 1.72 vs 1.91
MFR: 1.11 vs 1:1
Chin to Philtrum: 1.28 vs 2.82
ESR: .56% vs .48%
Mouth to Nose Ratio: 1.14 vs 1.42
PFL to Height Ratio: 3.7 vs 4.09
Lower to Upper Lip Ratio: 1.28 vs 1.6

I really don't have to go full Korea Autist Mode to show you, the camera turns you into a different fucking person sub 50mm Focal Length/Wide Angle Lens.

This thread is for all the people who are on suicide watch because they got rated 3 PSL, while taking pictures with a Nokia Supreme.

Once again, for an accurate rating. You need a Telephoto Lens with 50mm Focal Length.

iPhones with the Trio Camera have this and so does the Pixel 6 Pro.

LENS DISTORTION ISN'T COPE BROTHERS.....THE SHIT IS REAL.
View attachment 1555154View attachment 1555159View attachment 1555163
Its all about mindset bro