Iron Overload & Thyroid (Need Help Srs)

Asteroidzz

Asteroidzz

When you fall down, Rise Up
I am suffering from insomnia for almost a year , fuckin ruined my whole year , i became depressed and shit due to this and started rotting , had to stop working out because i was getting adrenal fatigue due to low thyroid.

I knew something was wrong with my body , the retarted doctors started prescribing me anti depressants instead of finding and fixing the root cause . Took me months to find that i'm suffering from iron overload. Due to this shit my liver took a toll and is not producing enough T3 hormone ( From what i've read your liver produces 80% of t3 and i do have basically hypothyroid tier T3 levels) my T4 and TSH is fine. TSH is around 1.4 . I took supplementary t4 and my t3 got more fucked up. Does this means my thyroid gland is working fine?

Right now to fix iron overload im going to get a blood Test for Reticuloendothelial dysfunction after that im gonna get Taurine to fix my liver iron stores and improve function and will drink coffee with meals and take aspirin to lower the absorption of iron. Also the most important i will donate blood to lower iron stores. Anything more to add in the stack? This is the only information which i do currently know , if im wrong plz correct me. Help will be appreciated.

• +1
  • So Sad
  • Woah
Reactions: Htobrother, Hero of the Imperium, Deleted member 19551 and 4 others
@RabidRosaries brother can you help me out with this shit? you seem to know about lot of stuff. Can you tag few who do have knowledge about this.

@RabidRosaries brother can you help me out with this shit? you seem to know about lot of stuff. Can you tag few who do have knowledge about this.
@FreakkForLife may know about this.

• +1
Reactions: Asteroidzz
I am suffering from insomnia for almost a year , fuckin ruined my whole year , i became depressed and shit due to this and started rotting , had to stop working out because i was getting adrenal fatigue due to low thyroid.

I knew something was wrong with my body , the retarted doctors started prescribing me anti depressants instead of finding and fixing the root cause . Took me months to find that i'm suffering from iron overload. Due to this shit my liver took a toll and is not producing enough T3 hormone ( From what i've read your liver produces 80% of t3 and i do have basically hypothyroid tier T3 levels) my T4 and TSH is fine. TSH is around 1.4 . I took supplementary t4 and my t3 got more fucked up. Does this means my thyroid gland is working fine?

Right now to fix iron overload im going to get a blood Test for Reticuloendothelial dysfunction after that im gonna get Taurine to fix my liver iron stores and improve function and will drink coffee with meals and take aspirin to lower the absorption of iron. Also the most important i will donate blood to lower iron stores. Anything more to add in the stack? This is the only information which i do currently know , if im wrong plz correct me. Help will be appreciated.
Stop heme iron and fortified iron products asap

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Asteroidzz and Deleted member 15827
t4 can get converted to t3 more efficiently if you eat fructose (Fruits and honey) and lower estrogen (losing fat nicotine progesterone with vitamin E) . NAC also chelates to heavy metals in the body so you can use that. Also vit D3 and sun exposure at 7-8 am and 5-6 p, for two minutes each. If only one time is possible do evening as it also helps inducing sleep. also a copper supplement

• +1
Reactions: ascension! and Asteroidzz
  • +1
Reactions: SoonToAscend
Stopped eating fortified iron products but do you think i should stop eating eggs too?
1 cooked egg is like 3-5% of DV so I don't think so

• +1
t4 can get converted to t3 more efficiently if you eat fructose (Fruits and honey) and lower estrogen (losing fat nicotine progesterone with vitamin E) .
Will these things help me if my liver function is shit to began with because of iron? i mean yea they would help me but i think it will benefit even better to someone who has a good functioning liver? Anyway i will start taking all those stuff you mentioned as it will only benefit me , dk much about progesterone tho will look into it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827
also calcium inhibits iron absorption, so get some
yea , my daily calcium intake is above 1k , will do 2k from now. Btw what do you think of my stack? anything more should i need to add?

yea , my daily calcium intake is above 1k , will do 2k from now. Btw what do you think of my stack? anything more should i need to add?
1. 2k is a lot, make sure u have good d3 and k2 levels to not get too much calcium in the bloodstream
2. your stack is taurine, coffee and aspirin, right?

• +1
1. 2k is a lot, make sure u have good d3 and k2 levels to not get too much calcium in the bloodstream
2. your stack is taurine, coffee and aspirin, right?
1. even dietary 2k is alot? I've stopped taking d3 supplements now as my blood calcium was getting on the higher end (only from sunlight i do get my d3 now ). I sometimes consume k2 mk-7 around 50mg and it has copium amount of d3 . My diet has 6 eggs too , so k2 will be fine from eggs?
2. yes

• +1
Will these things help me if my liver function is shit to began with because of iron? i mean yea they would help me but i think it will benefit even better to someone who has a good functioning liver? Anyway i will start taking all those stuff you mentioned as it will only benefit me , dk much about progesterone tho will look into it.
yes they will.

• +1
1. even dietary 2k is alot? I've stopped taking d3 supplements now as my blood calcium was getting on the higher end (only from sunlight i do get my d3 now ). I sometimes consume k2 mk-7 around 50mg and it has copium amount of d3 . My diet has 6 eggs too , so k2 will be fine from eggs?
2. yes
1. Yes dietery 2k is alot. You need as little as 600 mg to prevent deficiency. USA RDA for calcium was ramped up because a. scientists didn't understand the role of vit d3 back then b. there were too many dairy cows that were used for war supplies and something needed to be done with excess dairy. I think 1000-1500 is ok. Also depends on the source, you absorb different %
2. I've never researched the effect of any of this stuff on thyroid health. But coffee is beneficial in other ways. Dunno about aspirin, ray peat people say it's good.. I've also heard to take k2 with aspirin to counteract its side effects

• +1
yes they will.
also what do you think should i take t3 for the time being till i fix my shit? does taking t3 also stops the natural production of thyroid just like taking t4?

1. Yes dietery 2k is alot. You need as little as 600 mg to prevent deficiency. USA RDA for calcium was ramped up because a. scientists didn't understand the role of vit d3 back then b. there were too many dairy cows that were used for war supplies and something needed to be done with excess dairy. I think 1000-1500 is ok. Also depends on the source, you absorb different %
2. I've never researched the effect of any of this stuff on thyroid health. But coffee is beneficial in other ways. Dunno about aspirin, ray peat people say it's good.. I've also heard to take k2 with aspirin to counteract its side effects
ok then will stick to a little bit over 1k .
Yes, aspirin is good . I'm taking it for solely one purpose which is chelating iron ,it has many other benefits too. Raypeat says you've to balance it with vit k otherwise you'll get GI bleeding but not everyone gets it even if you supplement it alone without k and obv in small doses.

Last edited:
  • +1
Thanks for the tag man
@Bewusst ,what do u think of OPs case??
U seem to hold deep knowledgeable about thyroid and other endocrine functions.

• +1
Reactions: Asteroidzz and thereallegend
I legit hope you die for asking this forum for medical advice

• JFL
Reactions: SoonToAscend and Asteroidzz
I legit hope you die for asking this forum for medical advice
So where should you think i ask? the doctors in my place are shit , they been prescribing me jewpills for my internal shit , theres no root cause practitioner here. I could've asked this in the raypeat forum instead but i don't have an account there and many other people from here follow raypeat's work and know about these stuff thats why i ask. If only i knew about my iron overload shit before @PinheadReturns deleted his account , i could've gotten lil bit more info about this shit :feelswhy:. Reading his posts he was very knowledgeable and he too suffered from this shit.

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall
Doctors in the us get 1 hour of nutrition or so
His question isn't "should i eat lettuce or kale" his question is "my liver is retaining too much iron even after eating less iron"

T4 is the inactive form of thyroid hormones aka thyroxine.

For thyroid to be fully functional in the body, it has to be converted to T3, which is the active form of thyroxine, and has a metabolic effect in the body. This is done with with 5' deiodinase.

Right now you are showing signs of this syndrome, although the presentation is very atypical

If you send me your lab reports, a more accurate diagnosis might be possible.

I can ask the consultants in my hospital. I am in med school right now.

• Love it

Not sure about iron but taking selenium a few days a week and a couple of kelp pills daily for iodine will bring most people out of being hypothyroid.

• +1
T4 is the inactive form of thyroid hormones aka thyroxine.

For thyroid to be fully functional in the body, it has to be converted to T3, which is the active form of thyroxine, and has a metabolic effect in the body. This is done with with 5' deiodinase.

Right now you are showing signs of this syndrome, although the presentation is very atypical

If you send me your lab reports, a more accurate diagnosis might be possible.

I can ask the consultants in my hospital. I am in med school right now.
Man that would be very greatful , i will dm my reports to you now right away.

Not sure about iron but taking selenium a few days a week and a couple of kelp pills daily for iodine will bring most people out of being hypothyroid.
yes , but i think that would work for thyroid dysfunction people whose thyroid gland are not working which is not in case of mine.

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88
yes , but i think that would work for thyroid dysfunction people whose thyroid gland are not working which is not in case of mine.

You might be surprised. It has a lot to do with conversion.

• +1
You might be surprised. It has a lot to do with conversion.
6 eggs enough for selenium or do i have to supplement it? same with iodine my diet covers it up. I had better thyroid when my diet was shit i barely managed to get daily iodine and selenium requirement yet i had better thyroid hormones , now despite of good diet i cannot recover.

6 eggs enough for selenium or do i have to supplement it? same with iodine my diet covers it up. I had better thyroid when my diet was shit i barely managed to get daily iodine and selenium requirement yet i had better thyroid hormones , now despite of good diet i cannot recover.

Not sure but have read stuff doesn't have the same amount of selenium etc that it used to due to soil depletion and stated amounts are inaccurate.

• +1
Iodinie - seaweed
Selenium - brazil nuts

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Asteroidzz
Don't listen to peat copers unless you're looking for bandaids instead of addressing the root cause.

Prioritizing liver function and stopping things that inhibit liver detox enyzmes, systems should should be the focus, along with addressing mineral deficiencies that are necessary for thyroid hormone conversion.

Firstly, reduce intake of all vitamin A /carotenes and vitamin C. The former contributes to cholestasis (fatty liver), inhibits thyroid function, and latter inhibits the liver detox enyzmes and adh/aldh system.

Get off coffee as well as this will reduce what I mentioned above.

Zinc picolinate, selenium and molybdenum, former 2 for thyroid hormone conversion, and getting rid of livers' storage of iron, vitamin A, copper, estrogen and other hormones as well. Can add in lactoferrin for iron chelation, but mainly for its ability to increase bile production and repair bile ducts.

However, the most important thing along side with the minerals mentioned above is that soluble fiber must be present in order for bile to be bound and eliminated. The bile is main detox method used to get rid of heavy metals, vitamin A, pufas, hormones etc.

And don't take T4, as you experienced, it will get converted to rT3 instead of T3.

Most iodine supplements have combination of iodine and potassium iodide, the latter inhibits thyroid function, and destroys thyroid cells.

Last edited:
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: VeryFuglyNiyguhs, ChristianChad and Asteroidzz
Don't listen to peat copers unless you're looking for bandaids instead of addressing the root cause.

Prioritizing liver function and stopping things that inhibit liver detox enyzmes, systems should should be the focus, along with addressing mineral deficiencies that are necessary for thyroid hormone conversion.

Firstly, reduce intake of all vitamin A /carotenes and vitamin C. The former contributes to cholestasis (fatty liver), inhibits thyroid function, and latter inhibits the liver detox enyzmes and ald/aldh system.

Zinc picolinate, selenium and molybdenum, former 2 for thyroid hormone conversion, and getting rid of livers' storage of iron, vitamin A, copper, estrogen and other hormones as well. Can add in lactoferrin for iron chelation, but mainly for its ability to increase bile production and repair bile ducts.

However, the most important thing along side with the minerals mentioned above is that soluble fiber must be present in order for bile to be bound and eliminated. The bile is main detox method used to get rid of heavy metals, vitamin A, pufas, hormones etc.

And don't take T4, as you experienced, it will get converted to rT3 instead of T3.

Most iodine supplements have combination of iodine and potassium iodide, the latter inhibits thyroid function, and destroys thyroid cells.

Firstly, reduce intake of all vitamin A /carotenes and vitamin C. The former contributes to cholestasis (fatty liver), inhibits thyroid function, and latter inhibits the liver detox enyzmes and ald/aldh system.

Man your comment sums it all up , and about the vit c i used to supplement with it around 2000mg daily for my tendonitis in shoulder for around 6-7 months . Now i came to know about vit c increases absorption of iron but didn't know it damages the liver too.

About the coffee lmao i couldn't tolerate it , tried around 3 cups yesterday with meals fucked me even more , couldn't sleep the whole night. So yea im gonna drop it.

And yea i have stopped taking t4 , took it to confirm if my thyroid gland was fine.

After reading your comment , i've got everything sorted out . Thank you very much man .
Btw what do you think of taking T3 hormone till i fix my shit up?

Man your comment sums it all up , and about the vit c i used to supplement with it around 2000mg daily for my tendonitis in shoulder for around 6-7 months . Now i came to know about vit c increases absorption of iron but didn't know it damages the liver too.

About the coffee lmao i couldn't tolerate it , tried around 3 cups yesterday with meals fucked me even more , couldn't sleep the whole night. So yea im gonna drop it.

And yea i have stopped taking t4 , took it to confirm if my thyroid gland was fine.

After reading your comment , i've got everything sorted out . Thank you very much man .
Btw what do you think of taking T3 hormone till i fix my shit up?
Never tried T3 only, so can't say anything.

I'd recommend you to Look up Garrett Smith (nutrion detective) on YouTube. Better to take advice from someone who has clinical experience than rely on raypeaters.

• +1
Never tried T3 only, so can't say anything.

I'd recommend you to Look up Garrett Smith (nutrion detective) on YouTube. Better to take advice from someone who has clinical experience than rely on raypeaters.
Yes , i do follow him , gotta watch his videos now, thanks mate.

Firstly, reduce intake of all vitamin A /carotenes and vitamin C. The former contributes to cholestasis (fatty liver), inhibits thyroid function, and latter inhibits the liver detox enyzmes and adh/aldh system.

How has this worked for you?

Also does animal Vitamin A consumption really cause fatty liver? Should I stop consuming Liver once a week?

• +1
Reactions: VeryFuglyNiyguhs
Iodinie - seaweed
Selenium - brazil nuts
Brazil Nuts full of shit like Phytic Acid and Gay Nigger Factor B (unidentified yet)

Red meat has enough Selenium with no bullshit that makes it unabsorbed plus other gay shit.

Iodine is very easy to get unlikely you don't get enough, wouldn't go out of my way to try to get, especially if you eat a nutritious diet.

• +1
Brazil Nuts full of shit like Phytic Acid and Gay Nigger Factor B (unidentified yet)

Red meat has enough Selenium with no bullshit that makes it unabsorbed plus other gay shit.

Iodine is very easy to get unlikely you don't get enough, wouldn't go out of my way to try to get, especially if you eat a nutritious diet.
They are still rich enough despite the phytic acid. You can literally get selenium overdose by eating them, the phytic acid is too weak to bind enough of the selenium. It is recommended to not eat more than 2 whole daily due to the sheer amount of selenium. Also roasting, soaking, fermenting reduces phytic acid A TON, this is why our ancestors did this so often with seeds.

• WTF
Reactions: ChristianChad
They are still rich enough despite the phytic acid. You can literally get selenium overdose by eating them, the phytic acid is too weak to bind enough of the selenium. It is recommended to not eat more than 2 whole daily due to the sheer amount of selenium. Also roasting, soaking, fermenting reduces phytic acid A TON, this is why our ancestors did this so often with seeds.
You are not a bird. :Comfy:

• Love it
You are not a bird. :Comfy:
Ye
I am top of the food chain omnivore able to eat almost any kind of food product from the kingdoms of plants, fungi and animals

• Love it
Reactions: ChristianChad
I am top of the food chain omnivore able to eat almost any kind of food product from the kingdoms of plants, fungi and animals

:what: Is this you by chance nigga?

• JFL

Also does animal Vitamin A consumption really cause fatty liver? Should I stop consuming Liver once a week?
Far better than peating. And yes quit liver, it's garbage, liver accumulates toxins.

You know something isn't right when the raypeat forum admin and mod both do low vitamin A diet, and when the most popular post is anti-vitamin A.

And regarding vitamin A, doesn't matter if it's from animals, plants or supplements -- all cause cholestasis, and then causing bile to leak into blood.

It's more than just vitamin A, if you watch Garret Smith's videos on YouTube, or join his program you'll see.

• +1
Reactions: VeryFuglyNiyguhs

Yes liver is shit food lol, eating it will just give you nafld due to iron and retinol.

Edit: iron can also cause insulin resistance and cow and lamb meat often have estrogen in them.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Dainslief
@Bewusst ,what do u think of OPs case??
U seem to hold deep knowledgeable about thyroid and other endocrine functions.
@Asteroidzz do you have hereditary hemochromatosis or is it acquired? Do you drink alcohol? If so, how much/often? Do you or have you taken any supplements? What kind? What does your diet look like?

take deferoxamine (Desferal) ASAP
its on bgpharma