Is 1'260$ enough for a "decent" gaming pc?

Lebgfinal

Lebgfinal

Human
Preferably a pc that can run games like Counter-Strike 2 while having bunch of other stuff in the background, my current pc *can* run CS2 per example but I cant open anything else but the game and i get lag spikes sometimes.
Also at least 16GB of RAM because my current 8GB setup is too limiting lol.
I guess decent GPU, RTX card like 4070? My current card is GTX 1050 but that is dogshit.
Maybe a new CPU, i7-13900 or i9, latest generation
A SSD hard drive with at least 500GB, because im always running out of space with 400GB lol. I guess 1Tb is ideal or something.
I want a new pc not because I need it that much, like I'm grateful my current setup can run lot of things without lag its just that this is my mom pc, and i'd rather have my own pc lol.
I don't really care about having greatest pc, just some desktop I can upgrade with time that cost the least as impossible while being pretty good.
I want to build it myself to save costs too.
Also want to try new games I can't run rn (Palworld or Red Dead).

• JFL
Reactions: latincell95
Preferably a pc that can run games like Counter-Strike 2 while having bunch of other stuff in the background, my current pc *can* run CS2 per example but I cant open anything else but the game and i get lag spikes sometimes.
I guess decent GPU, RTX card like 4070? My current card is GTX 1050 but that is dogshit.
A SSD hard drive with at least 500GB, because im always running out of space with 400GB lol. I guess 1Tb is ideal or something.
I want a new pc not because I need it that much, like I'm grateful my current setup can run lot of things without lag its just that this is my mom pc, and i'd rather have my own pc lol.
I don't really care about having greatest pc, just some desktop I can upgrade with time that cost the least as impossible while being pretty good.
Just buy a desktop brah.

Just buy a desktop brah.
I never said anything agaisn't a desktop lol. I'm not doing the same mistake of buying a gaming laptop (which actually broke 2 months ago, which is why i use my mom old pc now).
Preferably want a desktop that i can build myself, laptops are scam.

• JFL
Reactions: latincell95
1260? yes 260? maybe of used parts geniuenly got a PC for 350 like 4 years ago could play most games at the time with ease (PC was of used parts gpu burned later lol)

poor nigger beg me and I might sell you my 3080ti.

1260? yes 260? maybe of used parts geniuenly got a PC for 350 like 4 years ago could play most games at the time with ease (PC was of used parts gpu burned later lol)
My budget is 1260$, not 260$
Just want a pc that can offer me a decent gaming experience without being like the best thing ever.
I don't really want to spend 500$ for stuff that is not that "useful" for my experience, or may make it work for stupid reasons.

• +1
Reactions: Mizi44
Yes then definitely king shit got expensive but should still manage it, a decent good pc

Yes then definitely king shit got expensive but should still manage it, a decent good pc
Not sure if I should save like 500$ more money or something.

Is a 3080 good or not? and whats your price? compared to a brand new one
Dm me and we can discuss it further, i'll try to reply tomorrow when I am not busy.

if you did you would get a better one obviously ,You building on your own or rebuild? Avoid Graphics Card like Rtx xx50 , 50s are utter dogshit

if you did you would get a better one obviously ,You building on your own or rebuild? Avoid Graphics Card like Rtx xx50 , 50s are utter dogshit
My current setup :

▪️ CPU : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @3.20 GHz
▪️ GPU : GeForce GTX 1050/PCIe/SSE2
▪️ RAM : 8.0 Gb
▪️ Hard Drive: 450Gb SSD

Like I said my current setup can run Counter-Strike 2, but with about 80 FPS which is not ideal for competitive play in that game.
Not sure how much better of a setup i could buy from scratch, considering i wont use any part of my current pc (because its not mine) if i build a brand new one.
So yes it would be building on my own

wouldn't buy a new one then ,just get better graphics and more ram , Memory is optional but that probably too

wouldn't buy a new one then ,just get better graphics and more ram , Memory is optional but that probably too
I wouldn't want to upgrade it considering it is NOT my pc but my mom one.

I wouldn't want to upgrade it considering it is NOT my pc but my mom one.
Then go on with building one (if you can) if you cannot try finding a friend who can build one and If that isn't possible just buy a rebuilt but they expensive

My current setup :

▪️ CPU : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @3.20 GHz
▪️ GPU : GeForce GTX 1050/PCIe/SSE2
▪️ RAM : 8.0 Gb
▪️ Hard Drive: 450Gb SSD
you cant run shit with this one lmao