Is 3mm LF1 good for my case? How severe is my recession?

S

surgeryplanning

Iron
Hello Guys,
I have class 3 underbite and downward growth. The surgeon I talked to suggested doing surgery first 3MM LF1 and doing 10mm genio as well as some cheek implants. I am wondering if the 3MM LF1 is enough or do I need a bigger movement? I have also talked to another surgeon who said he would do 4mm LF1 after decompensation which would require extraction of pre-molars so that was not an attractive option for me. Let me know what you think from this CEPH

Attachments

• cephalos.JPG
    cephalos.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: Donkeyballs and ubicuse
try mewing and cold showers first and then talk to your surgeron. bump

• Woah
Reactions: surgeryplanning
did the second surgeon that will do 4mm also do genio?

• +1
did the second surgeon that will do 4mm also do genio?
yea he would do but his plan would require braces before hand and extractions ( I already had braces before but now Im kinda in camouflage ortho position) so I dont want to do braces before surgery. I would like surgery first if possible

• +1
Reactions: Donkeyballs
yea he would do but his plan would require braces before hand and extractions ( I already had braces before but now Im kinda in camouflage ortho position) so I dont want to do braces before surgery. I would like surgery first if possible
yeah, almost always extractions arent necessary but it makes the surgery for the orthos easier (but almost always just for wisdom teeth), I had some reports and studies about this.
Also will both surgerons cut on the same point? Maybe one will perform a higher lf1
Also do you know why he will remove the premolars? Because if he does it may be to create more space in order to pull your teeth back which is why premolar extractions happen, whicl will also pull back the aleovar process of the maxilla, so that extra 1mm may be for nothing (at least talking about the alevoar process not the rest of the maxilla.
I honestly recommned talking to him about this or if you already know tell me, plus I guess this surgeon will also cost you more because of extractions and etc and quite longer

yeah, almost always extractions arent necessary but it makes the surgery for the orthos easier (but almost always just for wisdom teeth), I had some reports and studies about this.
Also will both surgerons cut on the same point? Maybe one will perform a higher lf1
Also do you know why he will remove the premolars? Because if he does it may be to create more space in order to pull your teeth back which is why premolar extractions happen, whicl will also pull back the aleovar process of the maxilla, so that extra 1mm may be for nothing (at least talking about the alevoar process not the rest of the maxilla.
I honestly recommned talking to him about this or if you already know tell me, plus I guess this surgeon will also cost you more because of extractions and etc and quite longer
The surgery first surgeon will do a High Cut Lefort 1. I am just not sure if it is worth while to do but he said he will also do 3mm BSSO which I found strange cause I have class 3 right - so why is LF1/BSSO movement the same. However, he also proposed to do jaw/ramus-widening.

Do you even know what 3mm Lefort means?

• Hmm...