Is iron overload on your liver real?

D

Deleted member 16371

Kraken
@KayJayTooHot @Nad @TsarTsar444

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24777 and RobticaI
Yes, I was just reading on non-heme vs heme iron. Non-heme iron overload is 5 times easier for your body to remove than heme iron, but it can be harder on your stomach if you take a non-heme supplement. To maximize non-heme iron supplement absorption take 20-25 mg in the morning on an empty stomach, and take it with some ascorbic acid (vitamin c). Make sure not to have tea or coffee for at least an hour after taking the non-heme iron, also avoid foods with phytates and oxalates and calcium (including dairy) an hour before and an hour after iron supplementation.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16371
Yes, it's very real. Iron excess can affect the liver, heart, and endocrine glands. [1]

• +1
Yes, I was just reading on non-heme vs heme iron. Non-heme iron overload is 5 times easier for your body to remove than heme iron, but it can be harder on your stomach if you take a non-heme supplement. To maximize non-heme iron supplement absorption take 20-25 m in the morning on an empty stomach, and take it with some ascorbic acid (vitamin c). Make sure not to have tea or coffee for at least an hour after taking the non-heme iron, also avoid foods with phytates and oxalates and calcium (including dairy) an hour before and an hour after iron supplementation.
I was talking more about excess red meat consumption causing this…. Is it real ?

• +1
Reactions: RobticaI
I was talking more about excess red meat consumption causing this…. Is it real ?
In a balanced diet, probably not, though it can.

Excessive meat consumption can come with other drawbacks though like excessive phosphorus and tryptophan intake.

• Love it
Yes, and it's a lot more absorbable from meat because it's heme iron. Cancer needs iron to grow, so you don't want too much or too little.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24777 and Deleted member 16371
In a balanced diet, probably not, though it can.

Excessive meat consumption can come with other drawbacks though like excessive phosphorus and tryptophan intake.
What about excess liver? Forget about the vitamin a …. Would eating excess liver cause iron overload?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24777
Yes, and it's a lot more absorbable from meat because it's heme iron. Cancer needs iron to grow, so you don't want too much or too little.

Cope your being a vegan soy

• Hmm...
On one hand Iron is necessary for hair growth but then Pinhead also mentioned most people have too much iron in their blood and it's inflammatory so who knows.

On one hand Iron is necessary for hair growth but then Pinhead also mentioned most people have too much iron in their blood and it's inflammatory so who knows.
I think he was talking about artificial iron sources

What about excess liver? Forget about the vitamin a …. Would eating excess liver cause iron overload?
Yeah, probably, it's a better source of iron than muscle meats.

• Woah
That guy isn't vegan. I can do a blood test and post my iron and ferritin to show I'm not deficient.
@KayJayTooHot jyst said you won’t get iron overload from red meat

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: RobticaI and Deleted member 24777
@KayJayTooHot jyst said you won’t get iron overload from red meat
All you need is 10 mg of iron a day (that is absorbed), anything more than that starts feeding cancer. That could be the reason meat causes colon cancer.

• Woah
@Clark69

• +1
Assuming balanced intake.
All you need is 10 mg of iron a day (that is absorbed), anything more than that starts feeding cancer. That could be the reason meat causes colon cancer.
But don’t you need to be genetically susceptible to iron overload? There’s a gene for it

• +1
But don’t you need to be genetically susceptible to iron overload? There’s a gene for it
I didn't hear about that, but the only way to know is to get a gene test, or look at your iron and ferritin levels from a blood test to see if they are out of range.

• +1
I didn't hear about that, but the only way to know is to get a gene test, or look at your iron and ferritin levels from a blood test to see if they are out of range.
Man…. I’ll give you my thoughts on this let me research first

• +1
if you drink milk and coffee to inhibit iron absorption and don't go on a retarded beef only diet you will be fine, eat copper foods like liver & shrimps to balance the zinc

• +1
Yes, it's very real. Iron excess can affect the liver, heart, and endocrine glands. [1]
if you drink milk and coffee to inhibit iron absorption and don't go on a retarded beef only diet you will be fine, eat copper foods like liver & shrimps to balance the zinc
Fake news. It doesn’t exist