Is it legal and ethical for a surgeon to perform maxillofacial surgeries only for aesthetic reasons?

E

everythingmatters

Silver
Today in 2020 is it legal and ethical for a surgeon to perform maxillofacial surgeries only for aesthetic reasons?

Do surgeons who agree to do these surgeries for aesthetic reasons do it publicly or is it just a 'secret' agreement between the surgeon and the patient?

For example, do they have on their websites that they perform Bimax surgery in order to improve appearance without being frowned upon by the medical community?

If there are, which surgeons are like this?

• Ugh..
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: MentalistKebab, Lev Peshkov, Deleted member 5385 and 1 other person
niggas treating surgeries like they are drug deals

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LILMAXILLA, MentalistKebab, Deleted member 4430 and 6 others
Thats called plastic surgery u nigger, surgery to improve your looks

• +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov
Of course it is, but anyway even if it wasn't moral wtf would you care? You're retarded as fuck.

• +1
Reactions: LILMAXILLA
Today in 2020 is it legal and ethical for a surgeon to perform maxillofacial surgeries only for aesthetic reasons?

Do surgeons who agree to do these surgeries for aesthetic reasons do it publicly or is it just a 'secret' agreement between the surgeon and the patient?

For example, do they have on their websites that they perform Bimax surgery in order to improve appearance without being frowned upon by the medical community?

As long as the patient receives all the information regarding risks, expected outcomes, and alternatives, there is nothing ilegal or unethical about performing orthognathic / orthofacial surgery even only for aesthetic reasons.

I already consulted this with my medical council some years ago, and I guess it must be something almost universal.

A different issue is advertising. I think that really depends on the country, at least I know some differences between neighbour European countries.

• +1
Reactions: joeveniro, MentalistKebab, SexyMofo and 2 others

maxillofacial surgeries are not plastic surgeries.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4430

Yeah its frowned upon. When I was calling hospitals for the necessary xrays pre consult I could spot it. Had a letter what I need for consult and somewhere with some cleaver reading you could read if was purely aesthetics and I heard them whispering yeah that guy is here, like I am some maniac (was a big non private hospital) . You just shouldn't care and decide your own fate and be more NT

Certainly not ethical.

As long as the patient receives all the information regarding risks, expected outcomes, and alternatives, there is nothing ilegal or unethical about performing orthognathic / orthofacial surgery even only for aesthetic reasons.

I already consulted this with my medical council some years ago, and I guess it must be something almost universal.

A different issue is advertising. I think that really depends on the country, at least I know some differences between neighbour European countries.

Thank you very much, this is the answer I wanted.

One more question, is a maxillofacial surgeon sufficiently prepared to perform these orthognathic surgeries for aesthetic reasons (with blackpilled results ofc) or do you think it is necessary for them to also have studies in plastic surgery?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4123
Yeah its frowned upon. When I was calling hospitals for the necessary xrays pre consult I could spot it. Had a letter what I need for consult and somewhere with some cleaver reading you could read if was purely aesthetics and I heard them whispering yeah that guy is here, like I am some maniac (was a big non private hospital) . You just shouldn't care and decide your own fate and be more NT

If you put it on the table, it sounds crazy that a guy wants to literally break the bones in his face 'just' to look better.

No its unethical

I reccomend a high soy vegan diet

Showering twice daily

Smelling nice and working on confidence and personality

Also fashion but girls mainly just like a funny guy

Ubr3alted but read up on Karl marxs communist manifesto so you know how to treat woman!

Also watch lists of movies with female leads!

That's better than leforts surgery bro!

We've proven this many times

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: joeveniro, MentalistKebab, Julian and 1 other person
If you put it on the table, it sounds crazy that a guy wants to literally break the bones in his face 'just' to look better.

Read again, I am not saying if it is ethical for me, for you or for society. I'm saying if it's ethical to the medical community.

Thank you very much, this is the answer I wanted.

One more question, is a maxillofacial surgeon sufficiently prepared to perform these orthognathic surgeries for aesthetic reasons (with blackpilled results ofc) or do you think it is necessary for them to also have studies in plastic surgery?

Not every surgeon has the same skills, use the same technology and have the same aesthetic sense.

Just to clarify.

Plastic surgery means surgery to modify structures.

Surgery to improve patients’ appearance is cosmetic (or aesthetic) surgery.

Several specialties have plastic and cosmetic surgery within their respective anatomical and surgical scope (e.g. ENT, ophthalmology, maxillofacial surgery...)

Not every surgeon has the same skills, use the same technology and have the same aesthetic sense.

Yes, I understand.

So how would I know if the maxillofacial surgeon has a blackpilled eye and does the surgery with the intention of adding points to my physical appearance and not just getting bluepilled results?

Please advise me to find the most appropriate surgeon for what I would like to achieve in my appearance.

Yes, I understand.

So how would I know if the maxillofacial surgeon has a blackpilled eye and does the surgery with the intention of adding points to my physical appearance and not just getting bluepilled results?

Please advise me to find the most appropriate surgeon for what I would like to achieve in my appearance.

You will know that you have found your surgeon, just start making appointments and consultations.

Yes, I understand.

I am from Mexico, do you think it is possible to find here a good surgeon with whom I can obtain as good results as in the first world? Or is that very unlikely?

You will know that you have found your surgeon, just start making appointments and consultations.

When undergoing orthodontic treatment, how can I make sure that this treatment does not ruin my jaws? I mean
Is it possible to have an orthodontic treatment without damaging my bone structure?