Is it normal to have a dramatic obviously noticeable face pump after chewing food a lot?

Growth Plate

Growth Plate

7.5" BP BBC
Fuck. You guys are probably gonna think I'm exaggerating but just trust me @zv1212 @Zylk Maybe it's normal though

So I just ate 3 pizzas really quick and chewed a lot so ofc my masseters got sore but when I look in the mirror you can literally see my masseters got bloated from it. I don't think it's just the masseters. My entire face got wider

I'm used to do this though. It always happened and it's temporary

The first time it happened was because I ate a ton of my mom's steak and it was really hard so I was chewing aggressively for awhile

Then I looked in the mirror and I was like WTF I thought I was hullicinating because I pulled an all nighter. That's how crazy it was. It looked like my face got hit badly in a bike accident or some shit dude you guys have no idea. My masseters were giga pumped to the point it obviously looked like I had another deformity

My masseters experience a much bigger pump visually from chewing hard food for 5 minutes than my biceps and triceps

I never did all that chewing mastic gum shit but once I do, I'll have to deal with this every time

Is it just more noticeable because I've been starvemaxxed and been eating around 1000kcal per day so my chewing muscles are under-trained and/or my jaw is narrow af and my skull overall is small?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Zylk
You are probably right that by having a small skull and narrow bigonial width, the masseters protrude more. Even so, the fact that they protrude quite a bit may mean good muscle development with respect to masseter growth

• +1
Reactions: Growth Plate
I also think this would happen more if you have a low bf because it would be more noticeable

• +1
I also think this would happen more if you have a low bf because it would be more noticeable
I'm 17 BMI and low bf so yes

• +1
Reactions: Zylk
It give me hollow cheeks when I chew a lot

• +1
yes bhai its true

i use hard gum at school my confidence is boosted hard from the chewing as well as the face change

• +1
mastic gum gives me this chiseled muscle look, and extra width. If I look at the muscle in a picture where light is shining down, the muscles literally ripple and have tons of definition

• +1