Is it normal to lose hair when "aggressively" massaging your hair with shampoo?

D

Deleted member 8869

Mistral
Since my hair is longer now I began noticing how much I lose per shower

• +1
Reactions: Mouthbreath
Yes to some extent but how many hairs are you losing per shower?

If it's more than like 10 then there's a strong chance the norwood reaper has descended upon you

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, buflek and Deleted member 8869

If it's more than like 10 then there's a strong chance the norwood reaper has descended upon you
Are you sure? I heard everything from 50 to 250 is normal if you keep in mind different hair density etc.

Are you sure? I heard everything from 50 to 250 is normal if you keep in mind different hair density etc.
Sure around 100 a day is normal but that's for an entire day of losing hair not just while taking a shower

If you're seeing anywhere close to 50 hairs in the shower you are absolutely norwooding without any doubt and need fin asap

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8869
it depends how long and its texture when i had my long curly hair i was losing hair like crazy

Sure around 100 a day is normal but that's for an entire day of losing hair not just while taking a shower

If you're seeing anywhere close to 50 hairs in the shower you are absolutely norwooding without any doubt and need fin asap
how much is normal for combing , especially since i comb 1-2x a week max

• +1
I think its because long hair entangles more easily and the pulling forces can be higher than with short hair. When you run your hands you can rip hair out more easily. Another reason might be that you just notice the hairs lying around more when they are longer

• +1

i guess its over, will do a hair transplant

I think its because long hair entangles more easily and the pulling forces can be higher than with short hair. When you run your hands you can rip hair out more easily. Another reason might be that you just notice the hairs lying around more when they are longer
yeah but i lose hair like crazy when i massage the shampoo hard

it depends how long and its texture when i had my long curly hair i was losing hair like crazy
I always had a rough wavy texture sometimes it doesnt get immediately wet when in water its very dense

I always had a rough wavy texture sometimes it doesnt get immediately wet when in water its very dense
If u rub ur hair too harsh of course ur hair will fall

• +1
Is your grandpa bald? If so over man:lul:

Is your grandpa bald? If so over man:lul:
one is bald one isnt really my dad had norwood 1,5 or 2 up and til 55 now he begins to thin out I have thick coarse and dense hair

• +1
Reactions: poopmaster22

What if i lose max 50 in the showers, but trough the day 0? No hair on any table (i have long hair) , pillows etc

• +1
What if i lose max 50 in the showers, but trough the day 0? No hair on any table (i have long hair) , pillows etc
You're probably losing more throughout the rest of the day but just don't see it

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13626 and Deleted member 8869

cope cope cope.

1st dht isnt the only cause for hairloss, it could be ranging from stress, to diet and lack of nutrition, aggressive hair products etc

2nd it depends on how often he washes his hair, how often he runs through them etc. if he washed his hair every 2nd day 30-50 hair is totally fine

3rd everyone has a different amount of hair. the more hair you got the more you will lose. counting hair is pretty much pointless. its important to check how long/short the fallen hair are and to see if new ones are growing

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Kroker and Deleted member 8869
cope cope cope.

1st dht isnt the only cause for hairloss, it could be ranging from stress, to diet and lack of nutrition

2nd it depends on how often he washes his hair, how often he runs through them etc. if he washed his hair every 2nd day 30-50 hair is totally fine

3rd everyone has a different amount of hair. the more hair you got the more you will lose them. counting hair is pretty much pointless. its important to check how long/short the fallen hair are and to see if new ones are growing
I wash everyday with hot water and stand under the shower for long to make up for the warmth i dont get out of my social life

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: TrestIsBest and Deleted member 17763
2nd it depends on how often he washes his hair
This is a good point but lets not forget you're balding and can't tolerate fin so you come here trying to convince everyone else not to take it

• +1
I wash everyday with hot water and stand under the shower for long to make up for the warmth i dont get out of my social life
washing ur head with hot water is bad for them and dries them out. try medium or cold
This is a good point but lets not forget you're balding and can't tolerate fin so you come here trying to convince everyone else not to take it
im receding very very slowly. i went from natural nw 1.5 to nw2 in the last 6-7 years

my father has a full head of hair, 1 grandpa was balding and the other is at nw4.5 at 70

chances are high that i keep my hair for a while buddyboyo

• +1
are you using a plough to massage your scalp or what? idk how many hairs ur losing anytime u shampoo, but a lot of them like 25+ imho means ur balding .
Also try not to use too hot water
:feelswhy:

• +1
are you using a plough to massage your scalp or what? idk how many hairs ur losing anytime u shampoo, but a lot of them like 25+ imho means ur balding .
Also try not to use too hot water
:feelswhy:
i also just "bald" on one side and it seems to be regrowing i got small baby hairs there now

i also just "bald" on one side and it seems to be regrowing i got small baby hairs there now
one sides balding is an early sign of male pattern baldness. the baby hair could be weak and fall out anytime soon

it definitely sounds like you are balding from the situation u mention, take a look at dermarolling/prp and try finasteride if u want

• +1
one sides balding is an early sign of male pattern baldness. the baby hair could be weak and fall out anytime soon

it definitely sounds like you are balding from the situation u mention, take a look at dermarolling/prp and try finasteride if u want
aight

You're probably losing more throughout the rest of the day but just don't see it
50 in the shower is just an approx, i dont lose more than that. I wash my hair every 3 to 4 days. I got long hair (12cms) so if a hair strand falls i can see it on top of my eyes or with the side of my eyes. Take in account i eat once a day and ineat trashy food or candy, sleep like 4hrs and im anxious and stressed most of the time

Idk where i could lose it, if i shake my hair or run my hands trough my hair , no hair falls out. No pillow hair nothing. Just in the shower

My hair genes are good (dense and thick af ,like an ethnic but on roids) but im white. My dad is in his 50s and has like nw 1.5-2. Slightly thin temples but considering hes always stressed and doesnt eat i think im safe from the norwood reaper yet

• +1
Hair goes through cycles. For the last couple of months I was shedding a lot, and now I hardly lose more than 5 hairs in the shower and I have long hair. I'm still NW0.

• +1
50 in the shower is just an approx, i dont lose more than that. I wash my hair every 3 to 4 days. I got long hair (12cms) so if a hair strand falls i can see it on top of my eyes or with the side of my eyes. Take in account i eat once a day and ineat trashy food or candy, sleep like 4hrs and im anxious and stressed most of the time

Idk where i could lose it, if i shake my hair or run my hands trough my hair , no hair falls out. No pillow hair nothing. Just in the shower

My hair genes are good (dense and thick af ,like an ethnic but on roids) but im white. My dad is in his 50s and has like nw 1.5-2. Slightly thin temples but considering hes always stressed and doesnt eat i think im safe from the norwood reaper yet
Maybe you are maybe you aren’t. This whole post seems like a whole lot of rationalization though. Get a hair catcher and count to be sure

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13626 and Deleted member 8869
Maybe you are maybe you aren’t. This whole post seems like a whole lot of rationalization though. Get a hair catcher and count to be sure
i had covid back in february and post covid recovery symptoms are a lot, one of them is hair shedding like 3 months after having the disease. Turns out it's an actual symptom and not media bs fearmongering. But it's normal , when under a heavy disease (covid didnt rlly affect me that hard) it's normal for your body to shed hair since it has been stressed of its vitamins etc, not to mention my immunity and health in general was bad before and after covid. Even if i know all of this, i'm still a dumb fucking retard cause i still eat like shit, stress and sleep late

• +1
i had covid back in february and post covid recovery symptoms are a lot, one of them is hair shedding like 3 months after having the disease. Turns out it's an actual symptom and not media bs fearmongering. But it's normal , when under a heavy disease (covid didnt rlly affect me that hard) it's normal for your body to shed hair since it has been stressed of its vitamins etc, not to mention my immunity and health in general was bad before and after covid. Even if i know all of this, i'm still a dumb fucking retard cause i still eat like shit, stress and sleep late

81572e22-8d41-42fe-a8d7-dde330e17e7f-gif.1666663

If you're losing hair the odds that anything other than male pattern baldness is causing it are incredibly low

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 8869 and Deleted member 13626
81572e22-8d41-42fe-a8d7-dde330e17e7f-gif.1666663

If you're losing hair the odds that anything other than male pattern baldness is causing it are incredibly low
bruh, i got covid in may 2021 as well, my hair shed like crazy that every minute was a strand falling and thought i was balding and my mentality and confidence was so low and i was mad and depressed the whole summer and after a few months, when school started, i stopped losing hair and my thickness increased again like previously. Now i got covid back again in february and same shit. So as i said, i'm just 18, with good hair genes (thickness,density etc) i doubt its the norwood reaper yet and its just me being unlucky and having a shitty health

• +1
bruh, i got covid in may 2021 as well, my hair shed like crazy that every minute was a strand falling and thought i was balding and my mentality and confidence was so low and i was mad and depressed the whole summer and after a few months, when school started, i stopped losing hair and my thickness increased again like previously. Now i got covid back again in february and same shit. So as i said, i'm just 18, with good hair genes (thickness,density etc) i doubt its the norwood reaper yet and its just me being unlucky and having a shitty health
Welp I tried to help you

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8869 and Deleted member 13626
dude i had covid 3 months ago wtf

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 13626

you lose most the hair in the shower especially if you have long hair or don't shower alot

• +1
  • +1