Is low carbs the only way to 12% bodyfat?

D

Deleted member 11326

Iron
Seriously, I'm on a huge deficit (1500cal) and I really don't see myself hitting 12% while downing 250g of carbs every day jfl
Is 100g carbs realistic or do I need to stick under 50g?

Please speak from experience and not assumptions

• +1
Reactions: animo123 and BigBoy
calories in calories out

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: StacyCorruptor, Deleted member 2205, Tb62 and 11 others
Just watch this video

also, you can take drugs or supplements to decrease your appetite

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8165 and Deleted member 11326
calories in calories out
that's always been my philosophy but I've read so many things regarding carb intake influencing insulin I think? Which in turn makes your body favour fat over muscle in weight loss. Idk, I just can't imagine those male models like chico etc downing pizza and whatnot but because they're under 1500 calories, they maintain a killer physique. Doesn't make much sense

that's always been my philosophy but I've read so many things regarding carb intake influencing insulin I think? Which in turn makes your body favour fat over muscle in weight loss. Idk, I just can't imagine those male models like chico etc downing pizza and whatnot but because they're under 1500 calories, they maintain a killer physique. Doesn't make much sense
looking at insulin and stuff like that is like zooming into a piece of DNA

calories in and out theory is the whole organism

calories in and out matters first then you can do whatever you want and you will still lose weight or gain depending

looking at insulin and stuff like that is like zooming into a piece of DNA

calories in and out theory is the whole organism

calories in and out matters first then you can do whatever you want and you will still lose weight or gain depending
that's correct if your only concern is weight loss. But for us men we want to retain muscle, and every bit of hard earned muscle matters so simply focusing on calories I think will have you lose more muscle than ideal

that's correct if your only concern is weight loss. But for us men we want to retain muscle, and every bit of hard earned muscle matters so simply focusing on calories I think will have you lose more muscle than ideal
high protein is your friend if cutting

• +1
Reactions: pizza
oh yeah also eat low caloric dense food that are also high in volume

oh yeah also eat low caloric dense food that are also high in volume
pretty much. you can eat carbs but ala Greg doucette to stay very full.

1. Calories in < calories out
2. Enough protein

Then it's up to you whether you want to take the rest from carbs or fat.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: datboijj and BradAniston
Seriously, I'm on a huge deficit (1500cal) and I really don't see myself hitting 12% while downing 250g of carbs every day jfl
Is 100g carbs realistic or do I need to stick under 50g?

Please speak from experience and not assumptions
cut carbs completely
fast 48s 2 3 times a week
walk-run 3 miles at least 3 times a week

I consume 300-400g of carbs a day and my bf is 11% according to the average of my daily DEXA scans over the last month. I know DEXA isn't the most reliable method but it's been consistent which is important. I always run a small caloric deficit in case I miscalculated that day.

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 11326
I consume 300-400g of carbs a day and my bf is 11% according to the average of my daily DEXA scans over the last month. I know DEXA isn't the most reliable method but it's been consistent which is important. I always run a small caloric deficit in case I miscalculated that day.
wow dude nice, so wtf you eating all day to maintain that number? how often are you working out and you obviously do some good amount of cardio i'm assuming?

wow dude nice, so wtf you eating all day to maintain that number? how often are you working out and you obviously do some good amount of cardio i'm assuming?
Just tren hard , eat clen anavar give up bro

• +1
Reactions: ConspiracyTheory
Depends on the day but usually it consists of vegetables, rice, chicken, a protein shake, sometimes a salad. I screenshotted two days of my food log to give you a rough idea.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210209-104515.png
    Screenshot_20210209-104515.png
    144.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20210209-104431.png
    Screenshot_20210209-104431.png
    137.3 KB · Views: 29
  • +1
Depends on the day but usually it consists of vegetables, rice, chicken, a protein shake, sometimes a salad. I screenshotted two days of my food log to give you a rough idea.
that's a shitload of protein, I struggle to get in 100g although I am on only 1500 cals atm. Admire the dedication tbh, I'm assuming you're pretty jacked or tall if you're maintaining 11% with those calories

Not tall, but I have an active job and lift most days. I consume less on days where my activity is lower. These are my most recent progress pics.

Attachments

• 202101163095710610771068951.jpg
    202101163095710610771068951.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 202101162483951735208764598.jpg
    202101162483951735208764598.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 30
  • +1
Not tall, but I have an active job and lift most days. I consume less on days where my activity is lower. These are my most recent progress pics.
mirin hard, looking better than most. Well then I'll ignore carbs and focus on hitting my cals/protein and simply stick it out for another 2 months or so

mirin hard, looking better than most. Well then I'll ignore carbs and focus on hitting my cals/protein and simply stick it out for another 2 months or so
It took me six months to go from 15% to 11%
That was with a conservative deficit of 500-600cal/day while maintaining 160-200g protein. It takes time.

• +1
Just watch this video

also, you can take drugs or supplements to decrease your appetite

dont take advice with roiders (at least you are a roider too)

It took me six months to go from 15% to 11%
That was with a conservative deficit of 500-600cal/day while maintaining 160-200g protein. It takes time.
oh shiet that's a long ass time tbh, I was hoping 2-3 months but not double that damn. I'm sitting around 18% now down from 24% in just over 2 months but I know I lost some muscle in the process due to the harsh deficit at first (800 calories) and shit protein intake. But I guess I'll have to stick it out for the long run for more sustainable results