Jaw implants and being chubby

Wallenberg

Wallenberg

Kraken
Often when discussing jaw implants, I see comments about how the guy who got the implant is chubby; therefore, his jaw with an implant doesn't look as good. Yes, obviously you should be lean to look as good as you possibly could. I understand this, but isn't the problem temporary?

What I mean is that, let's say you get jaw implants when you are 22% body fat. Then you lean down to 12% body fat. Isn't the problem solved? Or does the fat affect the design process of the implant and therefore the size and shape of the implant?

I will likely get a jaw implant. I'm a bit chubby right now because I binged on food during winter (last year I was maybe 13% body fat). I want to get the implant as fast as I can because I have time to travel and heal now. However, that means I will be a bit chubby when I get the implant. But isn't that a temporary problem? I'm losing weight right now and my goal is 10-15% body fat.

• +1
Reactions: Corleone
if your mandibular body is short, or if you are recessed, then putting something on the side makes you look bloated/unnatural. like being fat.
I doubt if being a little bit fat makes your jaw implant result would look bad/bloated. you don't have to be under %15 to get implants, it won't change the end result.

the question is; is your facial structure eligible to get implants?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer, LooksmaxxHopeful, StrangerDanger and 3 others
if your mandibular is short, or if you are recessed, then putting something on the side makes you look bloated/unnatural. like being fat.
I doubt if being a little bit fat makes your jaw implant result would look bad/bloated. you don't have to be under %15 to get implants, it won't change the end result.

the question is; is your facial structure eligible to get implants?
Yeah, I'm not recessed.

• +1
Reactions: Corleone
Yeah, I'm not recessed.
then you don't have to be a starving Auschwitz prisoner to get implants, unlike this forum thinks like that. just don't be fat.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer, Danish_Retard, LooksmaxxHopeful and 4 others
then you don't have to be a starving Auschwitz prisoner to get implants, unlike this forum thinks like that. just don't be fat.
What if a fat guy gets an implant? Won't the problem be solved when he loses fat?

What if a fat guy gets an implant? Won't the problem be solved when he loses fat?
surgeons design implants by looking at your skull with your CT scan. they don't design according to the soft tissues involved.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg
surgeons design implants by looking at your skull with your CT scan. they don't design according to the soft tissues involved.
Yes, so like I suspected the design of an implant won't be affected by body fat percentage.

• +1
Reactions: randomvanish
Yes, so like I suspected the design of an implant won't be affected by body fat percentage.
Hi, the "design" of the implant won't be affected perse because usually, the design is based on your bone structure.

I think what you call a problem is more of an effect. If you are a bit chubby now, your jawline will naturally be more pronounced when you lose weight, thus making your implant show its effect more.

I was a bit overweight too when I got mine, and the implant motivated me to lose weight. Besides, I ate less for weeks after my surgery, which helped.

Unfortunately, I am getting mine replaced again. I posted about it, but I regret doing so because guys here can be really insulting. When I first got mine done, I thought I was an expert on it, and I thought I had all my boxes checked; however, having gone through it gave me a new set of rules and boxes to be aware of.

When you say design, are you referring to a doctor merely ordering an implant for you? Do you have any guarantees that you will get the look you want?

I am taking the liberty of attaching the post I wrote earlier; it is not my intention if anyone is insulted by it.

I hope we can help each other find the best solutions for these procedures, and I would appreciate your help too.

https://looksmax.org/threads/the-pe...k-and-jaw-angle-implants.509684/#post-8365411

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, Tallooksmaxxer, LooksmaxxHopeful and 2 others
Hi, the "design" of the implant won't be affected perse because usually, the design is based on your bone structure.

I think what you call a problem is more of an effect. If you are a bit chubby now, your jawline will naturally be more pronounced when you lose weight, thus making your implant show its effect more.

I was a bit overweight too when I got mine, and the implant motivated me to lose weight. Besides, I ate less for weeks after my surgery, which helped.

Unfortunately, I am getting mine replaced again. I posted about it, but I regret doing so because guys here can be really insulting. When I first got mine done, I thought I was an expert on it, and I thought I had all my boxes checked; however, having gone through it gave me a new set of rules and boxes to be aware of.

When you say design, are you referring to a doctor merely ordering an implant for you? Do you have any guarantees that you will get the look you want?

I am taking the liberty of attaching the post I wrote earlier; it is not my intention if anyone is insulted by it.

I hope we can help each other find the best solutions for these procedures, and I would appreciate your help too.

https://looksmax.org/threads/the-pe...k-and-jaw-angle-implants.509684/#post-8365411
could you dm me about all the boxes you need to tick i am very interested

could you dm me about all the boxes you need to tick i am very interested
Hi, I tried to DM someone yesterday, but I don't know how to do that.

Also, I guess I call them "boxes," but it is more like the things I've learned. I am sure everyone's experience is different, but having experienced the process, I think I've learned a little more than the first time around.

I don't have a list or anything, but I guess I can share a bit more about what I would do differently.

Does that make sense?

just don't be fat

problem solved

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 8869
Hi, I tried to DM someone yesterday, but I don't know how to do that.

Also, I guess I call them "boxes," but it is more like the things I've learned. I am sure everyone's experience is different, but having experienced the process, I think I've learned a little more than the first time around.

I don't have a list or anything, but I guess I can share a bit more about what I would do differently.

Does that make sense?
I dm you

Well, it doesn't have to private, right? It's nothing bad.

For starters, I am not getting my implants without a warranty. This means that if I don't like the way they look, they ought to be replaced for free by the manufacturer or the doctor.

Second, I have to inspect and authorize the design.

And third, I am never getting silicone nonsense.

I'll ask around about this. I'll create a post.

• +1

For starters, I am not getting my implants without a warranty. This means that if I don't like the way they look, they ought to be replaced for free by the manufacturer or the doctor.

peek all the waY

@Jade medpor vs silicone?

never heard of uhmwpe
UHMWPE is typically known for hip or shoulder replacements. There are multiple materials available, but PEEK, UHMWPE, PMMA, Medpor, or Bioactive glass are some of the more popular ones.

• +1

motherfucker just erased the entire plastic surgeon community, condemn silicone (which is used for 50+ years as facial implants), and put something out of blue, called UHMWPE

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8869, Oberyn and Wallenberg
motherfucker just erased the entire plastic surgeon community, condemn silicone (which is used for 50+ years as facial implants), and put something out of blue, called UHMWPE
Really?

UHMWPE has been around for 50 or so years. What do you think hips and shoulder replacements are made of? Silicone implants are great for specific applications.

Anyway, you're too vulgar. Please leave it alone.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8869 and Deleted member 18840
Really?

UHMWPE has been around for 50 or so years. What do you think hips and shoulder replacements are made of? Silicone implants are great for specific applications.

vulgar? you said "silicone nonsense" FFS

Really?

can you send me pics of your implants? i may be able to help

vulgar? you said "silicone nonsense" FFS
We have thousands of examples demonstrating that silicone implants in the face have caused many issues - even when they are "screwed." You cannot "screw" silicone implants, but you can pretend to hold them in place. If you sleep wrong on them or push them with a bit of force, the silicone will tear from the screw.

Besides, you cannot screw the whole implant's surface, and it will still move in places.

I guess silicone is ok when you have no other alternatives. My very first implant was a silicone chin implant, and it moved, and I looked pathetic. It also eroded the border of my bone drastically.

Your language (writing is vulgar), not your opinions.

• +1
Reactions: randomvanish
How would help me? Thank you for asking.
i think i can try to help you where you went wrong and things to possibly adjust

We have thousands of examples demonstrating that silicone implants in the face have caused many issues - even when they are "screwed." You cannot "screw" silicone implants, but you can pretend to hold them in place. If you sleep wrong on them or push them with a bit of force, the silicone will tear from the screw.

Besides, you cannot screw the whole implant's surface, and it will still move in places.

I guess silicone is ok when you have no other alternatives. My very first implant was a silicone chin implant, and it moved, and I looked pathetic. It also eroded the border of my bone drastically.

yeah the downside, is you cannot screw the implant but that's only important for a few months. after that, it will be tight in the scar pocket anyway. isn't it? also, why don't you mention giant incisions needed to put hard implants like peek? that's a huge disadvantage.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg

I think implants are only good for subtle areas. Like under eyes, or gonion area. If you need big modification like wraparound jaw implants or malar implant it means you don’t have the face to pull it off and often times you will look even rounder than with fillers.

• +1
Reactions: Oberyn
also, show any 5 or 10+ years of follow-up for UHMWPE please. @Jade

I think implants are only good for subtle areas. Like under eyes, or gonion area. If you need big modification like wraparound jaw implants or malar implant it means you don’t have the face to pull it off and often times you will look even rounder than with fillers.
You could get subtle or prominent implants - it depends on what works best for you.

You have a good point when you say that one might NOT have the face to pull them off. You would have to look at the neck thickness and the overall needs of the face along with the temples.

I used to think similarly to you, but now I believe that planning and good design are critical.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18840
You could get subtle or prominent implants - it depends on what works best for you.

You have a good point when you say that one might NOT have the face to pull them off. You would have to look at the neck thickness and the overall needs of the face along with the temples.

I used to think similarly to you, but now I believe that planning and good design are critical.
The temples can be frauded with curtains and neck can be trained enough. I’m talking more about the overall surrounding bones and the eyes. Imo.

also, show any 5 or 10+ years of follow-up for UHMWPE please. @Jade
Sure. No disrespect here, but I think you could probably ask your older family members who have had hip or should replacements.

According to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, more than 450,000 total hip replacements are performed each year in the United States. Not all , but many of these are UHMWPE. The others are titanium.

You could also do your implants with titanium. Remember, facial implants are not mechanical, so any of the materials listed before could work fine.

The hip and jaw angle is quite different. So is chin and jaw angle.

The temples can be frauded with curtains and neck can be trained enough. I’m talking more about the overall surrounding bones and the eyes. Imo.
Sure. It all depends on what you want to do.

• +1
Sure. It all depends on what you want to do.
I just want to be virtually flawless. Its autistic as fuck but what can i say

Sure. No disrespect here, but I think you could probably ask your older family members who have had hip or should replacements.

According to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, more than 450,000 total hip replacements are performed each year in the United States. Not all , but many of these are UHMWPE. The others are titanium.

You could also do your implants with titanium.

but their lifespan is 10 years at most.
with new techniques, it can be on the body for 15-20 years at most.
and again, what about the incisions?

but their lifespan is 10 years at most.
with new techniques, it can be on the body for 15-20 years at most.
and again, what about the incisions?
NO. They are referring to tears and wear. They are used for the knees, hip, or shoulder (force and movement) So what they do is encapsulate them with titanium.

In other words, for non-mechanical implants, any plastic in history will outlive you. Of course, they use implant-grade material.

Incisions? It is the same as Peek or any other implant. Intraoral or external. That is up to your doctor and you. However, I do have my prefer method. Jaw and cheek via intraoral and chin, external.

Last edited:
  • +1
yeah the downside, is you cannot screw the implant but that's only important for a few months. after that, it will be tight in the scar pocket anyway. isn't it? also, why don't you mention giant incisions needed to put hard implants like peek? that's a huge disadvantage.
I missed this comment. No, silicone is never tight in a pocket perse. With Peek or any other implant material, there are no incisions if you don't want them or if your doctor uses such technique.

Last edited:
  • Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: randomvanish and Deleted member 18840

You could also do your implants with titanium. Remember, facial implants are not mechanical, so any of the materials listed before could work fine.

Aren’t titanium implants the best and last the longest? Its used for DJS so i bet it is

Often when discussing jaw implants, I see comments about how the guy who got the implant is chubby; therefore, his jaw with an implant doesn't look as good. Yes, obviously you should be lean to look as good as you possibly could. I understand this, but isn't the problem temporary?

What I mean is that, let's say you get jaw implants when you are 22% body fat. Then you lean down to 12% body fat. Isn't the problem solved? Or does the fat affect the design process of the implant and therefore the size and shape of the implant?

I will likely get a jaw implant. I'm a bit chubby right now because I binged on food during winter (last year I was maybe 13% body fat). I want to get the implant as fast as I can because I have time to travel and heal now. However, that means I will be a bit chubby when I get the implant. But isn't that a temporary problem? I'm losing weight right now and my goal is 10-15% body fat.
The best implant should be thinked in a way that you jaw will look defined also on higher body fat.. around 20%.

When you cut to 15-13% than you will be next level.

But maybe there are phases in life where you are too lazy to cut so jaw should look good also when you are not that low body fat.

• +1
Reactions: Jade
The hip and jaw angle is quite different. So is chin and jaw angle.
Of course. We were referring to the material type only. Peek is also used for ancle, spine, skull and more. What is important is that it is implant grade II. Long term in the body.

Aren’t titanium implants the best and last the longest? Its used for DJS so i bet it is
It depends on the application. With titanium, you will feel cold or temperature changes. Titanium is heavier and really, if it isn't for mechanical purposes, there is no need for titanium.

• Woah
i think i can try to help you where you went wrong and things to possibly adjust
But how would you adjust them? I am trying to understand if you'll give me an opinion or if you'll do something more than that. Does that make sense?

But how would you adjust them? I am trying to understand if you'll give me an opinion or if you'll do something more than that. Does that make sense?
i cant tell you how to adjust them if you dont let me see it

yes i will try to tell you where you should or shouldnt adjust but i would refrain from making such comments unless im 100% sure. i cant tell you exactly where and what to do but i can try to give you overall opinions

i cant tell you how to adjust them if you dont let me see it

yes i will try to tell you where you should or shouldnt adjust but i would refrain from making such comments unless im 100% sure. i cant tell you exactly where and what to do but i can try to give you overall opinions
You are very kind and helpful. But, I was not trying to have anyone look into my implants. Why? Because I don't have them with me or anything. Maybe you confused me with someone else? I get confused all the time here.

You are very kind and helpful. But, I was not trying to have anyone look into my implants. Why? Because I don't have them with me or anything. Maybe you confused me with someone else? I get confused all the time here.

im referring to this post. you said you had implants but are getting them revised. i was asking to see the implant design of the one getting revised so i can see where it may need revisions based off that design

View attachment 1712863

im referring to this post. you said you had implants but are getting them revised. i was asking to see the implant design of the one getting revised so i can see where it may need revisions based off that design
Oh, I see. No, I do not have access to a CT scan where you can see those implants.

Oh, I see. No, I do not have access to a CT scan where you can see those implants.
Ah okay that's all I was wondering. Well one tip I have is to make sure the gonions flare out closer to the edge of the mandible in order to avoid the bloated look

Incisions? It is the same as Peek or any other implant. Intraoral or external.
but doctors say it's a lot bigger than what required for silicone. 🤔 also I couldn't find if peek/hard materials better for bone erosion/resorption in long term. how can you be so sure about that?

Ah okay that's all I was wondering. Well one tip I have is to make sure the gonions flare out closer to the edge of the mandible in order to avoid the bloated look
This is an excellent observation. How did you come to this? Are you a designer or something? I like it.