Jaw implants and being chubby

but doctors say it's a lot bigger than what required for silicone. 🤔 also I couldn't find if peek/hard materials better for bone erosion/resorption in long term. how can you be so sure about that?
Well, if you ask your typical or your most famous plastic surgeons out there, they'll say what you said because they even have silicone implants named after them.

But it is true, however. In theory, you do need a "larger incision." But I don't see thousands of Maxillofacial complaining about that. Besides, Maxillofacial doctors are the ones that do this the most, not plastic surgeons.

Also, it is not only about the size of the incision but the technique and expertise of the doctor.

Erosion is caused by movement. If you fix the implant correctly and then you have a perfect fitting implant, there will be no erosion.

• +1
Reactions: randomvanish
but doctors say it's a lot bigger than what required for silicone. 🤔 also I couldn't find if peek/hard materials better for bone erosion/resorption in long term. how can you be so sure about that?
Well, if you ask your typical or your most famous plastic surgeons out there, they'll say what you said because they even have silicone implants named after them.

But it is true, however. In theory, you do need a "larger incision." But I don't see thousands of Maxillofacial complaining about that. Besides, Maxillofacial doctors are the ones that do this the most, not plastic surgeons.

Also, it is not only about the size of the incision but the technique and expertise of the doctor.

Erosion is caused by movement. There will be no erosion when you have a perfectly fitting implant that is fixed with screws correctly.

I posted this twice. Not sure what happened! 🤷‍♂️

This is an excellent observation. How did you come to this? Are you a designer or something? I like it.
no im not a designer by any means, i just realized when looking at implant designs that a common mistake i see is that. i came to the conclusion because i tried to figure out why a lot of jaw implants give you the "bloated" look/rounded jaw which i hypothesize is because they dont flare the gonions out enough

no im not a designer by any means, i just realized when looking at implant designs that a common mistake i see is that. i came to the conclusion because i tried to figure out why a lot of jaw implants give you the "bloated" look/rounded jaw which i hypothesize is because they dont flare the gonions out enough
I would agree with that.

Also, the masseter muscle itself plays a significant effect too. If the vertical length of the implant isn't accurately proportionate, it makes a face "bloated," also.

Every face needs to be examined well while having these things in mind to avoid the issues you and I describe.

The bloated face effect is one of the biggest problems with jaw implants.

I would agree with that.

Also, the masseter muscle itself plays a significant effect too. If the vertical length of the implant isn't accurately proportionate, it makes a face "bloated," also.

Every face needs to be examined well while having these things in mind to avoid the issues you and I describe.

The bloated face effect is one of the biggest problems with jaw implants.
I have that bloated face effect with my jaw implants. Probably because lack of concavity on the jaw angle part and not enough vertical lenght

Attachments

• diseno viejo.jpeg
    diseno viejo.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: Wallenberg
I have that bloated face effect with my jaw implants. Probably because lack of concavity on the jaw angle part and not enough vertical lenght
Although I would have to see your face to offer a more suitable opinion, usually, people who feel that they need jaw angle implants should consider adding vertical lengthening to their jaw implants.

In this picture, you have NO vertical lengthening, and I assume that is making your face look chubby or wide a the month level, and you have no hollowness in the mid area of the face.

Again, although I have not seen your face, I feel you are right on point about your assumptions.

Cool stuff, man!

Here you can see an old design and a new one in yellow. There are two implants there, and the second one is less wide but produces a better jaw definition.

Attachments

• Vetical L.png
    Vetical L.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Although I would have to see your face to offer a more suitable opinion, usually, people who feel that they need jaw angle implants should consider adding vertical lengthening to their jaw implants.

In this picture, you have NO vertical lengthening, and I assume that is making your face look chubby or wide a the month level, and you have no hollowness in the mid area of the face.

Again, although I have not seen your face, I feel you are right on point about your assumptions.

Cool stuff, man!

Here you can see an old design and a new one in yellow. There are two implants there, and the second one is less wide but produces a better jaw definition.
i think in lieu of having greater vertical length, you can have more aggressive gonion flaring/tapering from the ramus. basically as @Improver said, increased concavity would help

• +1
Reactions: Jade and randomvanish
i think in lieu of having greater vertical length, you can have more aggressive gonion flaring/tapering from the ramus. basically as @Improver said, increased concavity would help
Yes. However, we cannot know what's best without seeing the whole face and understanding the type of skin, fat, and more. Also, "handsomeness" or attractiveness isn't only achieved from an implant design itself.

I have a feeling this person needs cheek implants too. Their Maxilla looks a bit protrusive, in my opinion, and likely; there will be flatness in the cheek area. (not sure)

The principle of what you are saying is correct in theory, but I would not guess it.

Yes. However, we cannot know what's best without seeing the whole face and understanding the type of skin, fat, and more. Also, "handsomeness" or attractiveness isn't only achieved from an implant design itself.

I have a feeling this person needs cheek implants too. Their Maxilla looks a bit protrusive, in my opinion, and likely; there will be flatness in the cheek area. (not sure)

The principle of what you are saying is correct in theory, but I would not guess it.
true

• +1
Reactions: Jade
When you say design, are you referring to a doctor merely ordering an implant for you?
what did you mean by this bro?

• +1
what did you mean by this bro?
I mean that most implants are designed via a very stupid process, i.e., a patient goes to a surgeon, and they say something like:

a. I want a wider jaw, and the Doctor says, ok! Maybe 5 mm here and 5 mm there! The Doctor has no idea what he is saying, and for some bizarre reason, the patients agree with that because they see the Doctor as a God. 80% of doctors know these patients will get a second revision, which is great because they will make money twice.

b. The Doctor says, yeah, I agree. I'll send you some renderings of what I think will look for you, and all will be fantastic!!

Of course, this is just a stupid process and but who cares; you are the one paying!! Oh, yeah, you are the one wasting a year or two of your life too.

• +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer
if your mandibular body is short, or if you are recessed, then putting something on the side makes you look bloated/unnatural. like being fat.
I doubt if being a little bit fat makes your jaw implant result would look bad/bloated. you don't have to be under %15 to get implants, it won't change the end result.

the question is; is your facial structure eligible to get implants?
This isn't even true in the slightest. @Improver is recessed and he got a mega sharp jaw from implants so what's the new theory on this

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg
I mean that most implants are designed via a very stupid process, i.e., a patient goes to a surgeon, and they say something like:

a. I want a wider jaw, and the Doctor says, ok! Maybe 5 mm here and 5 mm there! The Doctor has no idea what he is saying, and for some bizarre reason, the patients agree with that because they see the Doctor as a God. 80% of doctors know these patients will get a second revision, which is great because they will make money twice.

b. The Doctor says, yeah, I agree. I'll send you some renderings of what I think will look for you, and all will be fantastic!!

Of course, this is just a stupid process and but who cares; you are the one paying!!
who do i prevent this?

• +1

Of course, this is just a stupid process and but who cares; you are the one paying!! Oh, yeah, you are the one wasting a year or two of your life too.
If your jaw is 80% of your zygos post implant then the problem is the rest of your face and you don't need a revision btw

• +1
who do i prevent this?
I don't recommend things to do. I was almost crucified once before here for less than advice in one of my past posts.

Whatever I say gets misconstrued because I found a solution. However, I like this forum but will refrain from advising as to what I did. I am sorry if I sound like a butt hole, but that's where I am now.

• Hmm...
If your jaw is 80% of your zygos post implant then the problem is the rest of your face and you don't need a revision btw
I can see what you are saying. However, that is not always the case. But I can see why you would say that.

who do i prevent this?
Read my past posts, but don't ask me anything in private. Also, I do not recommend the doctors or companies I have mentioned, even if I have used them in the past. People have accused me of working for them before. I do not recommend them because I do not speak for them and I do not trust any doctors in the world.

• Love it
I can see what you are saying. However, that is not always the case. But I can see why you would say that.
Actually it is. Because theres plenty of Chad's who don't have some henry Cavill looking mandible which is what I assume you're looking for. You're trying to overcompensate for your lack of ratios/coloring/pheno with a better mandible. Musaka kakonge or whatever his name I guarantee has a mandible more narrow than yours post implant and he's doing quite well and he has nappy big hair and a huge nose with dark skin lol

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg and Jade
Actually it is. Because theres plenty of Chad's who don't have some henry Cavill looking mandible which is what I assume you're looking for. You're trying to overcompensate for your lack of ratios/coloring/pheno with a better mandible. Musaka kakonge or whatever his name I guarantee has a mandible more narrow than yours post implant and he's doing quite well and he has nappy big hair and a huge nose with dark skin lol
Oh, no, that's not my design. That implant is literally inside my friend's face now. In my opinion, he does not look "bad" at all, but he wants it a bit bigger, and I can see how that could work for him.

I am just merely pointing out that designs alone don't represent what looks good on someone. It is a good starting point, though ( I guess). There are some good principles to keep in mind, though.

• +1
Reactions: Blackgymmax
Oh, no, that's not my design. That implant is literally inside my friend's face now. In my opinion, he does not look "bad" at all, but he wants it a bit bigger, and I can see how that could work for him.

I am just merely pointing out that designs alone don't represent what looks good on someone. It is a good starting point, though ( I guess). There are some good principles to keep in mind, though.
Can you measure his ratios? Like all of them from a selfie or so

Like if someone has a sub .90 midface ratio, no jaw will ever give them that look he's going for. He will just look decent at best

Like if someone has a sub .90 midface ratio, no jaw will ever give them that look he's going for. He will just look decent at best
Imagine we know nothing about ratios or numbers; we can all look at a face and see whether or not a guy is good-looking, average, or whatever.

I don't think I can get you his picture. But, even that, I feel it would be a mistake.

Don't struggle; look at your face, and design your own. Unless you want to look exactly like someone, that may require another approach. Maybe.

I can see that you are very knowledgeable and have many numbers and ratios. However, I don't know if that is always the best approach to a handsome or good-looking face.

• +1
Imagine we know nothing about ratios or numbers; we can all look at a face and see whether or not a guy is good-looking, average, or whatever.

I don't think I can get you his picture. But, even that, I feel it would be a mistake.

Don't struggle; look at your face, and design your own. Unless you want to look exactly like someone, that may require another approach. Maybe.

I can see that you are very knowledgeable and have many numbers and ratios. However, I don't know if that is always the best approach to a handsome or good-looking face.
Well ratios do matter alot unless they have a certain level of coloring or pheno. Those guys with oliveisj skintones and bright blue eyes can get away with being like a 6/10 in bone structure. There's guys who we can look at and know they're good looking but they have 0 appeal because they lack in those categories like that TSH tinder experiment

Cavill has masc jaw but it's not as aesthetic as Kakonge's jaw. Cavill looks better tho because of pheno. You are right that giving subhuman Cavill's jaw won't work if it won't suit his face.

• +1
Well ratios do matter alot unless they have a certain level of coloring or pheno. Those guys with oliveisj skintones and bright blue eyes can get away with being like a 6/10 in bone structure. There's guys who we can look at and know they're good looking but they have 0 appeal because they lack in those categories like that TSH tinder experiment
Yeah, sure. I can agree with that.

This isn't even true in the slightest. @Improver is recessed and he got a mega sharp jaw from implants so what's the new theory on this
how his issue is even related to what I said though?

I mean the part about bloated look on recessed people, srry
I think he looks bloated for 2 reasons:

1. he's really bloated, he needs time to go swelling down to 0.
2. his gonial design is a little bit too high, so it looks swollen.

• +1
I think he looks bloated for 2 reasons:

1. he's really bloated, he needs time to go swelling down to 0.
2. his gonial design is a little bit too high, so it looks swollen.
The implant looked sharp af from the side. Isnt there something that you can inject and mould and it hardens like bone or something? Maybe that would be a better alternative that matches the actual bone idk