Keeping your teeth apart increases chin height, so does that mean a standard mouth guard would work?

J

Jerryterry129

Zephir

Basically the Lower face height increases are related to a vertical displacement of the mandibular condyle.

Everyone here who’s been wearing mouth guards have you experienced chin height?

wont this have side effects though?

wont this have side effects though?
Idk. I’ve had experience with this shit though

Was given a clear little retainer that covered my bottom 6 teeth and it kinda kept my teeth apart(except for the top and bottom teeth) and my chin did look taller back then

Also I’m not if just the back teeth need to make contact with nothing or if keeping them apart using a mouth guard would work

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Moggie
Yeah Invisalign makes me look like a bonemogger ngl

Yeah Invisalign makes me look like a bonemogger ngl

when you wear invisiline do your bottom and top teeth touch together thru the plastic or they’re separate?

No sure if back teeth need to be separate or an object between them like a mouthgaurd or invisiline will displace it

And does ur invisiline cover all teeth?

Alright so when you wear invisiline do your bottom and top teeth touch together thru the plastic or they’re separate?

No sure if back teeth need to be separate or an object between them like a mouthgaurd or invisiline will displace it
They touch together
If you think about it if you wear Invisalign or a mouth guard you are increasing chin height while having an optimal posture with molars touching to have superior breathing and mechanincs

Idk. I’ve had experience with this shit though

Was given a clear little retainer that covered my bottom 6 teeth and it kinda kept my teeth apart(except for the top and bottom teeth) and my chin did look taller back then

Also I’m not if just the back teeth need to make contact with nothing or if keeping them apart using a mouth guard would work

Let’s say someone has an overjet so their bottom teeth sit behind their top teeth.

Is the idea then that with these type of devices the bottom teeth are jutted forward and aligned with the top teeth (so they sit exactly on top of one another)?

type of devices
what type of device are you talking about? Mine? The mouthgaurd? Or what’s in the OP?

the clear plastic retainer for my bottom 6 teeth was cause I had a permanent retainer with braces and that was just in case it failed or something(Atleast I think so. maybe my dentist was trying to give me chin height but probably not. This was a long time ago)

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214
what type of device are you talking about? Mine? The mouthgaurd? Or what’s in the OP?

the clear plastic retainer for my bottom 6 teeth was cause I had a permanent retainer with braces and that was just in case it failed or something(Atleast I think so. maybe my dentist was trying to give me chin height but probably not. This was a long time ago)

I was basically asking in general how these devices work to increase the chin height.

Because technically if you think about it you wouldn’t even need a device to do it. You can just jut your bottom teeth forward and have them align with the top teeth, and keep your mouth in that position all the time (except for when you eat). That way your chin will look taller 24/7.

I was basically asking in general how these devices work to increase the chin height.

Because technically if you think about it you wouldn’t even need a device to do it. You can just jut your bottom teeth forward and have them align with the top teeth, and keep your mouth in that position all the time (except for when you eat). That way your chin will look taller 24/7.
Nah I don’t think jutting will do anything

The idea is space between the bottom and top teeth will let the mandibular condyle displace

Edit: I mean maybe it will if it’s just the back teeth that need the space for the mandibular condyle to displace? But idk if it’s just the back teeth or all of them. More research is needed on my part

if any sort of jutting your mandible (be it vertical or horizontal) makes your face look better then you need surgery

they only do so as long as you're wearing them

if any sort of jutting your mandible (be it vertical or horizontal) makes your face look better then you need surgery
I.e mid face recession but it can be fixed i foxed it .