Long philtrum caused by poor lf1 projection relative to nasal tip?

N

NoReedemingFeature

eede
So far most people with a long philtrum I have seen have a projected nasal tip with a recessed lf1 (and usually mandible too but I don't think that's related). Thoughts?

Bump
@St.TikTokcel I think you said something like this?

So far most people with a long philtrum I have seen have a projected nasal tip with a recessed lf1 (and usually mandible too but I don't think that's related). Thoughts?
Philtrumceldom is mainly caused by the position of the maxilla.

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker and NoReedemingFeature
Philtrumceldom is mainly caused by the position of the maxilla.
Obviously the lower your maxilla goes the lower your philtrum will be. But I'm talking about the cases where from profile the philtrum is flat, long and doesn't really have that convex shape you'd expect to see there

And whenever I see that with those people I also see a lack of dental arch/lf1 support where it doesn't project forward.
I also have this exact same development and my philtrum is lower than it should be relative to the position of my maxilla.

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker, LancasteR and St.TikTokcel
Obviously the lower your maxilla goes the lower your philtrum will be. But I'm talking about the cases where from profile the philtrum is flat, long and doesn't really have that convex shape you'd expect to see there
View attachment 2715716

And whenever I see that with those people I also see a lack of dental arch/lf1 support where it doesn't project forward.
I also have this exact same development and my philtrum is lower than it should be relative to the position of my maxilla.
Recessed upper jaw = flat philtrum + flat upper lip.

• +1
Reactions: NoReedemingFeature
View attachment 2715716

Could broadening of the dental arch through things like MARPE or Distilization of teeth, then followed with a LF1 advancement help with this problem and potentially make the philtrum look shorter?

Could broadening of the dental arch through things like MARPE or Distilization of teeth, then followed with a LF1 advancement help with this problem and potentially make the philtrum look shorter?
I doubt you can do much when the soft tissues are stretched already

• +1
Reactions: LancasteR
I doubt you can do much when the soft tissues are stretched already
But what if both of my jaws are recessed? (Biretrusion)
Could then the process that I described be helpful? (of course the lf1 coupled with a BSSO)

• +1
Reactions: NoReedemingFeature