Made around 6k EUR in 3 months thanks to Minecraft

S

Slyfex8

Sphinx
Hosting game servers is definitely an underrated niche. Especially because it's mostly passive incomes meaning you are making your server and it can basically become a passive money maker. This doesn't mean that it doesn't require maintenance and updates, but it will never take more than 2 hours a day honestly. You can recruit staff that will basically do all the player management for free because obviously some people like to be exploited lol..

Obviously to develop my server I used my skills in programming and linux systems in general so it requires some experience.

Some people would argue that around 2k a month is not a a lot which is true. But there is real scalability potential. I think I can still make my store more interesting and my server more popular to further increase revenues. I also think I can open another server with a different game mode, which targets a different player base

(This only depicts the money I got on Stripe, half of people are using Paypal to pay)

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 8869, SLA, ALP and 8 others
Mirin

• +1
Reactions: KraftDurchLeid, Danish_Retard, Deleted member 15302 and 2 others
yeah gl actually getting ppl to pay on ur server tho JFL that’s the hardest part

There’s already hypixel and they’re making millions

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, karbo and Slyfex8
yeah gl actually getting ppl to pay on ur server tho JFL that’s the hardest part

There’s already hypixel and they’re making millions

Indeed, they are on a whole other level tbh. I found that any decent quality server with a store that looks clean and legit with a decent playerbase (Average peak of 80-90 players) will be able to make decent incomes.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member
Indeed, they are on a whole other level tbh. I found that any decent quality server with a store that looks clean and legit with a decent playerbase (Average peak of 80-90 players) will be able to make decent incomes.
Mirin ur efforts ngl how much do u pay those slaves to operate ur servers :feelskek:

• +1
Reactions: Slyfex8
Mirin ur efforts ngl how much do u pay those slaves to operate ur servers :feelskek:

0 basically, they are working benevolently.. On Minecraft you have plenty of guys who dream of becoming a Moderator on an active server. So you just open applications and usually there will be a bunch of them, then you choose the best ones

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: ALP, Danish_Retard, Deleted member 16677 and 4 others
Obviously to develop my server I used my skills in programming and linux systems in general so it requires some experience.
how long u been programming for

• +1
around 2014 or so, there was a huge scandal on ddosing minecraft servers, and a lot of people made money by offering booter servicer

• +1
how long u been programming for

Something like 7 years now. I started when I was 12. But honestly I've always done the same thing which is Java Minecraft plugins and sometimes I've done Discord bots and phone apps but it always resolved around my server. I would say that my level has stagnated over the last 3 years.

I couldn't work as a freelancer to do other people's projects, even if it would bring me much more money than now mainly because I have ADHD and I have a lot of trouble to start and finish tasks

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: ALP and xefo
around 2014 or so, there was a huge scandal on ddosing minecraft servers, and a lot of people made money by offering booter servicer

That is still done somewhat. Basically some guys are selling powerful monthly bill spambots services which consists of spamming servers with thousands of joins per minute so it spam the chat like crazy and eventually crash the server. This is easily blocked by server administrators though.

• Woah
Reactions: UglyGod360
Mirin. When I was 14 I also made a server and sold pay2win ranks on it and made like $700 over its 3 month lifespan, it then slowly died and no one played on it anymore. Also PayPal limited my account (because I had fake name and info since I was underage) and I lost $200, it's still locked in that account to this day and those jews won't let me withdraw it :feelswah:

• JFL
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: forevergymcelling, ALP, Patient A and 2 others
0 basically, they are working benevolently.. On Minecraft you have plenty of guys who dream of becoming a Moderator on an active server. So you just open applications and usually there will be a bunch of them, then you choose the best ones
same shit with the mods on this site lol

whats your server ip btw

• JFL
Reactions: AlexBrown84, Danish_Retard, Cidre enjoyer and 2 others
i lost 6k euro in the past 24 hours

• So Sad
Reactions: ropeorcope and Slyfex8
Hosting game servers is definitely an underrated niche. Especially because it's mostly passive incomes meaning you are making your server and it can basically become a passive money maker. This doesn't mean that it doesn't require maintenance and updates, but it will never take more than 2 hours a day honestly. You can recruit staff that will basically do all the player management for free because obviously some people like to be exploited lol..

Some people would argue that around 2k a month is not a a lot which is true. But there is real scalability potential. I think I can still make my store more interesting and my server more popular to further increase revenues. I also think I can open another server with a different game mode, which targets a different player base

View attachment 1558602
(This only depicts the money I got on Stripe, half of people are using Paypal to pay)

View attachment 1558602
What about thr builders?

Genius hacker supermegachad