Mascaro or Eppley for lip lift

S

Stevedore

Iron
I'm getting a genio with Eppley in the spring, and I'm considering getting a lip lift while I'm out there. His results seem conservative but decent on the B and As I've seen. My philtrum is 20-21 mm.

However I live in the Miami area, so I'm about an hour and a half by car from Mascaro. Mascaro is booked as fuck, so I can't even talk to him until April and the genio is scheduled for February.

I haven't seen any good male lip lifts online from Mascaro. He does a great job with women, but I can see that same kind of aggressiveness making a guy look fruity as hell.

Any thoughts?

Philtrum 2

I'm getting a genio with Eppley in the spring, and I'm considering getting a lip lift while I'm out there. His results seem conservative but decent on the B and As I've seen. My philtrum is 20-21 mm.

However I live in the Miami area, so I'm about an hour and a half by car from Mascaro. Mascaro is booked as fuck, so I can't even talk to him until April and the genio is scheduled for February.

I haven't seen any good male lip lifts online from Mascaro. He does a great job with women, but I can see that same kind of aggressiveness making a guy look fruity as hell.

Any thoughts?

View attachment 762288

just be mentally prepared to look at least slightly more gay afterwards, because thats what this surgery generally does

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9344, Deleted member 10185, Darkstrand and 1 other person
only lip lifts that dont make you look gay afterwards are lip reductions and lip widenings sometimes

Male lip lifts usually look bad because they make the upper lip bigger than the lower. Your upper lip should NEVER be bigger than your lower so make sure that you don't get caught up on how many mms to take off your philtrum and only take off as much as you can while ensuring your upper lip size doesn't go beyond your lower lip size.
Here are some good results:
lip-lift-male-before-after-f-194.jpg
lip-lift-male-patient-dr-nettle-1-600x350.jpg
images

I have a lip lift booked and paid for in April. I will post before and afters.

Lol
just be mentally prepared to look at least slightly more gay afterwards, because thats what this surgery generally does

only lip lifts that dont make you look gay afterwards are lip reductions and lip widenings sometimes
I'm debating if looking gayer is going to be a fair trade off for a shorter philtrum. I know its a failo but definitely women look shittier with it, and bad female results are rare. Its like genios for guys in that way I guess.

Male lip lifts usually look bad because they make the upper lip bigger than the lower. Your upper lip should NEVER be bigger than your lower so make sure that you don't get caught up on how many mms to take off your philtrum and only take off as much as you can while ensuring your upper lip size doesn't go beyond your lower lip size.
Here are some good results:
lip-lift-male-before-after-f-194.jpg
lip-lift-male-patient-dr-nettle-1-600x350.jpg
images

I have a lip lift booked and paid for in April. I will post before and afters.
How long is your philtrum and how much are you planning on removing?

Lol

I'm debating if looking gayer is going to be a fair trade off for a shorter philtrum. I know its a failo but definitely women look shittier with it, and bad female results are rare. Its like genios for guys in that way I guess.

Its not even bad having a long philtrum as a guy, only pretty boys have short philtrums.

Prenatal Testosterone

Whats bad is not a long philtrum, but a sagging and unsupported philtrum (due to recessed upper jaw), these 2 commonly get mixed up.

Its not even bad having a long philtrum as a guy, only pretty boys have short philtrums.

View attachment 763504

Whats bad is not a long philtrum, but a sagging and unsupported philtrum (due to recessed upper jaw), these 2 commonly get mixed up.

True, but a normal guy clocks in at 13-15 mm if he's not a pretty boy (which is probably what I'd be looking at getting). Eppley only wants to remove 4 to 5mm, so if I go with him it will end up being 16 or so.

I do have some recession on both jaws. I got a brutal consult with Gunson. If you want to rope I highly recommend. However he's 75K, I don't have bite issues or sleep apnea (the actual test where you sleep at the place and they hook you up, not just the take home) and I fibbed about having TMJ to even get my foot in the door. At the end of the day I'm too high inhib for jaw surgery anyway, and I salute all of you brave lads who are going that route.

She would be an ideal Mascaro patient because he somehow makes having the upper lip being larger than the lower look better on women.

Eppley2 Eppley4

These are a couple of Eppley examples. I'm not sure how Mascaro does 500+ lip lifts a year, yet finding male results is impossible.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 5891 and HeavenAdmιn
True, but a normal guy clocks in at 13-15 mm if he's not a pretty boy (which is probably what I'd be looking at getting). Eppley only wants to remove 4 to 5mm, so if I go with him it will end up being 16 or so.

I do have some recession on both jaws. I got a brutal consult with Gunson. If you want to rope I highly recommend. However he's 75K, I don't have bite issues or sleep apnea (the actual test where you sleep at the place and they hook you up, not just the take home) and I fibbed about having TMJ to even get my foot in the door. At the end of the day I'm too high inhib for jaw surgery anyway, and I salute all of you brave lads who are going that route.

She would be an ideal Mascaro patient because he somehow makes having the upper lip being larger than the lower look better on women.

View attachment 763571View attachment 763574

These are a couple of Eppley examples. I'm not sure how Mascaro does 500+ lip lifts a year, yet finding male results is impossible.

You can get jaw surgery for 15k euros in Europe, with good aesthetic surgeons man. It will improve your looks more than any other surgeries. It will improve your sleep quality too even if you dont recognise any sleep apnea (you wake up every night a few times but dont remember, the more recessed your jaw is the more times that happens, so you are not fully rested to your full potential if you have recessed jaws).

• +1
Reactions: Stevedore
21mm and I'm having 5mm removed. I have a very thin upper lip as well so it will balance my upper and lower lip and reduce philtrum length. If I already had an upper lip, I wouldn't get the lift, I'd just deal with the long philtrum, but since I have both issues it will look better.

• +1
You can get jaw surgery for 15k euros in Europe, with good aesthetic surgeons man. It will improve your looks more than any other surgeries. It will improve your sleep quality too even if you dont recognise any sleep apnea (you wake up every night a few times but dont remember, the more recessed your jaw is the more times that happens, so you are not fully rested to your full potential if you have recessed jaws).

Yeah it's something I've considered in the past but the bottom line is I just don't have that kind of undertaking in me with no health issues involved. Gunson even commented on how good my airway looked. I am well rested with anything above 6 hours of sleep and my gf claims I sleep like a rock. Never have any jaw pain or trouble chewing. Functionally everything is a-ok. Which kind of sucks, I could probably make myself do it if there was a medical issue at stake.

21mm and I'm having 5mm removed. I have a very thin upper lip as well so it will balance my upper and lower lip and reduce philtrum length. If I already had an upper lip, I wouldn't get the lift, I'd just deal with the long philtrum, but since I have both issues it will look better.

Yeah I feel you. My problem is I have a decently in-proportion upper lip, so I'm worried that it will basically end up feminine no matter what. Hope your surgery goes well.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797
My problem is I have a decently in-proportion upper lip, so I'm worried that it will basically end up feminine no matter what.
I would not recommend you get a lift then. You do not want to look like you have fish lips because you over sized your upper lip. This is what happens:
upper-lip-lift-male-dr-nettle-1-1024x597.png

Looks absolutely stupid. At least if he left it, both lips look like bird lips. Now he just looks deformed because there is no balance.

I would not recommend you get a lift then. You do not want to look like you have fish lips because you over sized your upper lip. This is what happens:

Looks absolutely stupid. At least if he left it, both lips look like bird lips. Now he just looks deformed because there is no balance.

I totally agree. There's a big risk there. You've seen my pic in the OP. You think it's worth it?

I didn't see it initially no.
Yes you'd be a good candidate. Just don't let them make it larger than your lower lip.

can they not increase lower lip volume at the same time for oldcels? And OP your lower lip is already ideal and raising the upper lip slightly will improve harmony a lot but your philtrum will still be long. Not sure if they can reduce its size from the nose down. Probably not though I dont see how that would work

I didn't see it initially no.
Yes you'd be a good candidate. Just don't let them make it larger than your lower lip.
Both docs seem like they are careful not to feminize men, though I'm guessing the initial upper lip shape also kind of decides this. Thanks for your input.
can they not increase lower lip volume at the same time for oldcels? And OP your lower lip is already ideal and raising the upper lip slightly will improve harmony a lot but your philtrum will still be long. Not sure if they can reduce its size from the nose down. Probably not though I dont see how that would work
I definitely see it as an improvement. I just know that even Mascaro doesn't like to take off more than 5mm on male lip lifts. His female results are so transforming because he takes off 8 to 9mm routinely on women which ascends them.
Here are some Mascaro male results if any others were having trouble finding them.
Mascaro1 Madcaro2 Mascaro3
In my opinion these are basically on par with the Eppley examples and I don't see a reason to see Mascaro separately when Eppley can do this during the other surgery.
What do you guys think?

I dont like his before and afters tbh results dont look good to me. Not sure Id call these improvements even. Really need to find someone with a better eye for aesthetics pertaining to the area in question. Different surgeons excel at different things obviously, but this Mascaro guy does not seem to be knowlegdable about this particular matter.Just looks unnatural or straight up worse than the befores. Not sure what realistic expecations would be, you obviously wont be able to get perfect lips from surgery, but I have seen better B and As I will tell you that much.

• +1
I dont like his before and afters tbh results dont look good to me. Not sure Id call these improvements even. Really need to find someone with a better eye for aesthetics pertaining to the area in question. Different surgeons excel at different things obviously, but this Mascaro guy does not seem to be knowlegdable about this particular matter.Just looks unnatural or straight up worse than the befores. Not sure what realistic expecations would be, you obviously wont be able to get perfect lips from surgery, but I have seen better B and As I will tell you that much.
Honestly agree, and I would tend to lean towards the Eppley B and As I've posted. More natural and conservative. But again, not sure how much of this is just bias because it would be so much easier to get it all done together.
I'm thinking that for men Mascaro might be a meme. For women 100% with it, but I don't think he understands male facial aesthetics like Eppley does.
These are female Mascaro results and they are godly so i can understand the confusion.
Masc3 Masc1 Masc2

They look much better. I dont know why you cant just ask for something like this as a guy. Maybe it is the guys fault for requesting something stupid and the girls requesting the right type of enhancement. This one might be personal preference but I would be absolutely fine with having lips like the woman in the third pic. Cant imagine those lips looking bad on anybody they look incredible. Perhaps for guys the upper lip should be ever so slightly smaller than hers but again down to preference. I would say go for a 1:1,5/1,6 ratio of upper/lower lip.

Last edited:
I’m going with Mascaro when I get mine. Eppley is a jack of all trades, lip lifts are Mascaro’s bread and butter. Wouldnt you want to go with the expert?

the scar also matters a ton, I’ve been researching Mascaro and he’s meticulous with his incision/sewing techniques.

They look much better. I dont know why you cant just ask for something like this as a guy. Maybe it is the guys fault for requesting something stupid and the girls requesting the right type of enhancement. This one might be personal preference but I would be absolutely fine with having lips like the woman in the third pic. Cant imagine those lips looking bad on anybody they look incredible. Perhaps for guys the upper lip should be ever so slightly smaller than hers but again down to preference. I would say go for a 1:1,5/1,6 ratio of upper/lower lip.
I think Mascaro probably can be coaxed into giving a more female result. I'm just surprised that the only beautiful male lip lift results seem to be Talei. And he charges insane prices.

I’m going with Mascaro when I get mine. Eppley is a jack of all trades, lip lifts are Mascaro’s bread and butter. Wouldnt you want to go with the expert?

the scar also matters a ton, I’ve been researching Mascaro and he’s meticulous with his incision/sewing techniques.

Eppley is a very good lip surgeon too. Cleft palate/lip repair is another one of his fortes besides implants and genioplasties. I think that compared to Mascaro though, like you said, he hasn't built his practice around perfecting the lip lift. Mascaro performs a custom version that scars less, heals faster, and provides more lift to the outer 3rds of the lip without vermilion advancement. Some of Eppley's techniques are not "cutting edge" compared to Mascaro.

Ultimately I'm going to have to sleep on it, but I'm thinking I'll probs go to Mascaro separately for the lift. When I'll actually get the surgery, I have no idea.

I think Mascaro probably can be coaxed into giving a more female result. I'm just surprised that the only beautiful male lip lift results seem to be Talei. And he charges insane prices.

Eppley is a very good lip surgeon too. Cleft palate/lip repair is another one of his fortes besides implants and genioplasties. I think that compared to Mascaro though, like you said, he hasn't built his practice around perfecting the lip lift. Mascaro performs a custom version that scars less, heals faster, and provides more lift to the outer 3rds of the lip without vermilion advancement. Some of Eppley's techniques are not "cutting edge" compared to Mascaro.

Ultimately I'm going to have to sleep on it, but I'm thinking I'll probs go to Mascaro separately for the lift. When I'll actually get the surgery, I have no idea.
but his male results look bad all Im saying

• +1
but his male results look bad all Im saying
They do, but he clearly has the skill to pull of good results. That's the only thing stopping me. Mascaro has better female results than just about anyone, so why do his male results look subpar?

Any thoughts?

View attachment 762288

Hi,

I had Bimax + Genio two mouths ago, but the huge movements has stetched my philtrum and now has become 21-22mm.

Liplift is a huge operation for the girl, and for the male with the right precautions.

As someone as already said, you should be sure that lift also the corner, because you would appear really sad.

Also if I was in you, i would consider also Plastica V-Y w LipLift, to reach the most aesthetics and natural result.

That's what I'm talking about.

Look the shape of the philtrum, is not "gay look" because is absolutely balanced, and at the same time a huge halo.

He looks uncanny because he lift only the central part (without corner) and the lower lip is invisible.

• +1
Reactions: Chadakin
Hi,

I had Bimax + Genio two mouths ago, but the huge movements has stetched my philtrum and now has become 21-22mm.

Liplift is a huge operation for the girl, and for the male with the right precautions.

As someone as already said, you should be sure that lift also the corner, because you would appear really sad.

Also if I was in you, i would consider also Plastica V-Y w LipLift, to reach the most aesthetics and natural result.

That's what I'm talking about.

Look the shape of the philtrum, is not "gay look" because is absolutely balanced, and at the same time a huge halo.
That's crazy. When I talked to a jaw surgeon he made it sound like double jaw creates more lip protrusion and thus the illusion of a shorter philtrum, making lip lifting not always necessary. Sorry to hear it stretched yours out instead. I'm not opposed to the pouty look and I think having my corners lifted might actually seem strange.
I know Eppley is seen as overrated here, but his posted results seem anywhere from decent to very good, whereas I've seen a whole lot of bad B and As from other docs.
Eppley5
I would love if someone has more (male) examples of Mascaro.
I did manage to find this on real self.

Mascrs1 Mascrs2

He looks uncanny because he lift only the central part (without corner) and the lower lip is invisible.
I think with lips like that you can't lift the top without addressing the bottom in some way. Which you think a doc would know.

That's crazy. When I talked to a jaw surgeon he made it sound like double jaw creates more lip protrusion and thus the illusion of a shorter philtrum, making lip lifting not always necessary. Sorry to hear it stretched yours out instead. I'm not opposed to the pouty look and I think having my corners lifted might actually seem strange.
I know Eppley is seen as overrated here, but his posted results seem anywhere from decent to very good, whereas I've seen a whole lot of bad B and As from other docs.
View attachment 780238
I would love if someone has more (male) examples of Mascaro.
I did manage to find this on real self.

View attachment 780247View attachment 780248

I think with lips like that you can't lift the top without addressing the bottom in some way. Which you think a doc would know.

Honestly, I only consider eppley for lip lift and plastic V-Y.
Do we have others doctors for that?

Honestly, I only consider eppley for lip lift and plastic V-Y.
Do we have others doctors for that?
Talei will do V-Y advancement. So will Mascaro. But Talei is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and as you may have seen through the thread I'm having a hard time finding good Mascaro examples on men.

Talei will do V-Y advancement. So will Mascaro. But Talei is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and as you may have seen through the thread I'm having a hard time finding good Mascaro examples on men.

How much cost Talei for lip lift e V-Y advancement?
I know Eppley does too

From what I've seen lip lifts on guys don't make much of a difference in increasing PSL level... it's better to use that money on improving your jaws/eye area which is far more important. For women lips can make or break you though but not all good looking guys have full lips.

• +1
How much cost Talei for lip lift e V-Y advancement?
I know Eppley does too
Not sure how much from Talei, but I would expect double to triple what the other guys charge.

From what I've seen lip lifts on guys don't make much of a difference in increasing PSL level... it's better to use that money on improving your jaws/eye area which is far more important. For women lips can make or break you though but not all good looking guys have full lips.
True but I have the money for all 3 and my philtrum really is on the long side at 2 CM. But I get what you're saying. Zac Efron for instance has a shit upper lip and a long philtrum yet most consider him quite handsome.

edit: I've posted my pic in the first post of the thread. You think it won't help me much?

Last edited:
Not sure how much from Talei, but I would expect double to triple what the other guys charge.

True but I have the money for all 3 and my philtrum really is on the long side at 2 CM. But I get what you're saying. Zac Efron for instance has a shit upper lip and a long philtrum yet most consider him quite handsome.

edit: I've posted my pic in the first post of the thread. You think it won't help me much?

Can you post a better pic not so close up? I don't need to see your whole face just one up to at least the middle of your nose and a profile pic too would be good. I agree with you smaller philtrum would be better as I myself also have a 2 CM philtrum but I just haven't seen one lip lift ever on a male that made an appreciable difference. A slightly long philtrum is more noticeable in pictures and it's not really an aesthetics killer on a guy like bug eyes, a weak jaw, or a bad hairline. It's kind of like a slightly weak lower third on an attractive woman, as long as it's not death tier and she has other good features she will still be seen as attractive.

• +1
Can you post a better pic not so close up? I don't need to see your whole face just one up to at least the middle of your nose and a profile pic too would be good. I agree with you smaller philtrum would be better as I myself also have a 2 CM philtrum but I just haven't seen one lip lift ever on a male that made an appreciable difference. A slightly long philtrum is more noticeable in pictures and it's not really an aesthetics killer on a guy like bug eyes, a weak jaw, or a bad hairline. It's kind of like a slightly weak lower third on an attractive woman, as long as it's not death tier and she has other good features she will still be seen as attractive.
Hey buddy, is it cool if I DM you a less cropped version of that pic? I just dont want like a full facial pic on the internet. Agree with the importance on philtrum in girls vs. guys as well. The only transforming lip lifts on guys I've ever seen were Talei results and it was just 2 or 3 out of 20 to 30 of his B and As.

Hey buddy, is it cool if I DM you a less cropped version of that pic? I just dont want like a full facial pic on the internet. Agree with the importance on philtrum in girls vs. guys as well. The only transforming lip lifts on guys I've ever seen were Talei results and it was just 2 or 3 out of 20 to 30 of his B and As.

giphy.gif

Male revision result from Mascaro