Mentalmaxxing

O

oztihcs

Iron
The one and only goal of life is your personal happiness

that's a statement I can't really seem to disprove observing behaviors and understanding the why always derives back to that statement.
As no observation rly disprove that statement from my personal experience, I'll use it as a fundamental truth.

To really understand that statement, we must know and define what is happiness. Happiness is a concept that is ultimately personal to each individual which makes it harder to define. Personally, my observations have led me to see that happiness was a stable and balanced set of emotions (not an equal set such as its not 50% pleasure 50% sadness) (As we all know, sadness impacts us way more than feeling pleasure or positive). So a stable balance would be a good ratio with not too much of everything.

Psychology and religion are very close to understand that common goal of being happy as psychology often draws the patterns to be happy and religion enforces it in a collective manner ( such as an example would be : "We've noticed alot of people feel happy if they have a nuclear family and aren't getting killed, therefore we will encourage the nuclear family and ban things such as murder"). Although this is an effective manner as it is based on collective patterns it isn't always universalizable such as the belief (women should be ONLY working at a house) isnt universalizable as we've seen ALOT of women deviate from that false pattern that was issued by the religion and would feel happy outside of that.

This concludes to my point observing a huge trend in people feeling unhappy in today's society. My personal belief is that the abundant stress overshadows all other emotions and the easy to get "pleasure" loses its worth (as if its going +1 to +0.5 to +0.1)

In conclusion, as society already gives you your fair share of the other spheres of emotions offsetting the balance, BE HAPPY as that is the only logical solution to be happy, to do what your heart tells you to do and to appreciate and be thankful in life (to the good things that come) (and to always look for positivity in harder situations) to find true happiness as that is what your balance of emotions needs.

• +1
Reactions: nathan