MSE + MSDO + FM

Chintuck22

Chintuck22

Monster
This is MSE:

Expansor maxilar v2 marca de agua
MSE-Expander-18up3.jpg
Ezgif 3 57054ee99ce9

Expands the width of maxilla, mouth, nasal base, and zygomatics expansion. You would need corticopuncture done so you can expand with MSDO at the same rate.

MSE Results (Cheekbones width, maxilla).

10mm of MSE equals =

8.4 mm - cheekbones width (0.84mm gain for every milimeter of MSE expansion)

1.2 mm - Maxilla forward growth (upper and lower)

This is MSDO:

images

MSDO expands the lower jaw (particularly chin). The lower jaw can follow only so much the forced expansion the maxilla is subjected to from the MSE. This, in combination with the MSE can widen the chin, expand the palate, increase the lateral protrusion of the zygos

MSDO expands this much. This is from MSDO only:

1572734414139-png.153722

MSDO Transformation

✅ It helped his midface, fwhr, and NCT a bit (wtf).

Now for the sake of thread, let's imagine that you were about to expand 20mm (extreme case), usually your safe bet is to expand 5-10mm, but when MSE is done simultaneously with MSDO, there wouldn't be much to rish about, other than bite correction.

IMDO 11

You should done MSDO together with MSE, because if you're spliting the bone and expanding it, then you're literally changing the angulation of your tempomandibular joint. You're probably gonna need a little orthodontic movement of the molars to get them to match perfectly if you're doing MSE with MSDO, because MSDO expands the front teeth more than the back teeths.

The key is to do MSE and MSDO at the exact same time with the exact same amount of expansion, because than not only the chin would be expanded outward, also the rest of the mandible and thus the condiles can move in their natural place with the expansion of the maxilla...

IMG 20191104 221813
IMG 20191104 222154

You'll also need braces to avoid diastemas simultaneously, but that's optional, consult with your orthodontist about when should you install braces.

FACEPULLING

345tgf-gif.474546

- We already know what facepulling does. You can combine MSE + MSDO with facepuller if you want to *attempt* to protract your maxilla. Maxillary protraction is extremely slow in adults and 17 months are required to get just 1.7 millimiters of forward growth, while wearing it 14 hours a day (@nelson facepuller according to @Lorsss ). There are very few studies on adult facepulling yet all the ones on it says it’s legit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MATHEMATICS 🧩

So 1.7 millimiters of forward growth, while wearing it 14 hours a day (NON-MSE)
And for every extra hour you want to spend into facepulling, add 0.12mm into your result, we got that number by deviding 1.7 (Results) by 14 (Number of hours).

So if i facepulled for 20 hours per day, it'll be:

1.7 + (0.12 × 6) = 2.42mm (in 17 months)

CONTEST

1.7 - Result you get from facepulling for 14h
0.12 - Milimeters change in one hour apart
6 - Hours remaining to reach 20h (If i multiplied by 2, i would get 16h, and you can't multiply more than 10).

Now remember that i previously mentioned the MSE changes in forward growth (10mm of expansion equals 1.2mm of FORWARD GROWTH !!), so while you're wearing MSE, you can except the extra forward growth

I don't know how many turns per day are done with MSE + MSDO, so i would appreciate if someone make that calculation for me (calculate how many forward growth are created daily through the period of time while you're having MSE attached - Ideally until you expand 10-20mm)

ANOTHER MEASUREMENT

According to the study, a girl have gained 1.5mm using bone anchored facepuller for 4 months. She was 19 years old, and she facepulled for 18-20 hours per day.

- 1.5mm forward growth from 4 months with 0.5kg
1 year = 4.5 mm
2 years = 9mm
3 years = 13.5 mm
4 years = 18mm
5 years = 22.5 mm
6 years = 27mm

. . .

"To increase the skeletal effect on the maxilla, facemask therapy is often combined with rapid maxillary expansion (RME). A stimulating effect on the midfacial sutures caused by distraction with an improved response on protraction is expected. "
- Therefore, if we use facepuller with much more force, and combine it with MSE, we are gonna get twice the more changes !

- 6mm forward growth from 4 months with 2kg (@nelson dowden appliance + MSE + IMDO)
1 year = 18mm
2 years = 36mm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now of course, you will eventually meet the rule of diminishing returns, not to undermine the statement. Since i'm not knowledgeable enough to answer the genetic limit of forward growth, someone else should mention this in the comments (not something important either).

Law-of-Diminishing-Returns.png

But ANOTHER thing to put into consideration is location of the micro-implant placement during facepulling - a.k.a pulling upwards exclusively. The girl from the previous study pulled downwards, 30 degrees up instead of down should give her at least 3x faster and better results. Pulling upwards was the ONLY direction that resulted in high levels of compression on all of the circummaxillary sutures, which is what generates the bone for forward growth

Look at this paper: https://scinapse.io/papers/1603230182

From this paper this is the typical maxilla displacement resulting from a microimplant assisted palate expander like MSE, Hyrax using a facepuller at a -30 degrees angle:

Figure 4
Figure 12

Look at how insignifiant is the forward displacement and how it displace your maxilla downward.

Now look at the displacement if the micro-implant was placed in a better location with a pulling angle of -15 degrees (Simulation C, picture on the right on the second picture) :

Figure 5
Figure 13 1

look at how signifiant is the forward displacement, look at how the maxilla rotate ccw.

⭐ TL;DR ⭐

MSE + MSDO + FACEPULLING
MIGHT BE THE NEW 'HOLLY TRINITY'
OF PSL !

Chintuck22 legend

⭐
Tagging relevant users & brocels ⭐

@retard @Sergio-OMS @nelson @goat2x @Kingkellz @SayNoToRotting @Rob Paul'sHeight @Daw
@yorker12 @Slyfex8 @BalkanPig @rightfulcel @Morgothos @Won'tStopNoodling @Gudru
@Dr Shekelberg @reptiles @Goblin @Lorsss @IncelWithNoLuck @TsarTsar444
@NewParasite @tincelw @Mohamad @Acnno @Lev Peshkov
@larsanova69 @Chad1212 @54UD4D3 @Arkantos
@Britishlooksmaxxer @john2

@Lifeisgood72

• +1
  • Love it
  • Ugh..
Reactions: albanian_chad, IMOGYOU, Deleted member 2816 and 45 others
first

read every single word

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: AscendingHero, kuroganeikki, Earn__Greatness and 3 others
Extremely high iq thread. Going to bookmark.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Perseus, Mewton, Pietrosiek and 4 others
Mirin effort

• +1
Reactions: Perseus, AscendingHero, Deleted member 9380 and 1 other person
giga thread bookmarked for when i get mse+msdo+fm also is the results different getting mse in conjunction with msdo compared to msdo standalone?

• +1
Reactions: Perseus, Deleted member 9380 and Chintuck22
good thread (y)

• Love it
Reactions: Chintuck22
Dn read. Low IQ thread.

You cant facepull ccw rotation.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: meryou, Copeful, Taylorswift and 4 others
MSE is the false prophet, Lefort is the real deal

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot, Deleted member 8853 and Slendercel
I wish facepulling could do this
345tgf

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Perseus, Mewton, AscendingHero and 5 others
This is MSE:

View attachment 726276
MSE-Expander-18up3.jpg
View attachment 726279

Expands the width of maxilla, mouth, nasal base, and zygomatics expansion. You would need corticopuncture done so you can expand with MSDO at the same rate.

10mm of MSE equals =

This is MSDO:

View attachment 726262
images

MSDO expands the lower jaw (particularly chin). The lower jaw can follow only so much the forced expansion the maxilla is subjected to from the MSE. This, in combination with the MSE can widen the chin, expand the palate, increase the lateral protrusion of the zygos

1572734414139-png.153722

View attachment 726234

Now for the sake of thread, let's imagine that you were about to expand 20mm (extreme case), usually your safe bet is to expand 5-10mm, but when MSE is done simultaneously with MSDO, there wouldn't be much to rish about, other than bite correction.

View attachment 726259

You should done MSDO together with MSE, because if you're spliting the bone and expanding it, then you're literally changing the angulation of your tempomandibular joint. You're probably gonna need a little orthodontic movement of the molars to get them to match perfectly if you're doing MSE with MSDO, because MSDO expands the front teeth more than the back teeths.

The key is to do MSE and MSDO at the exact same time with the exact same amount of expansion, because than not only the chin would be expanded outward, also the rest of the mandible and thus the condiles can move in their natural place with the expansion of the maxilla...

View attachment 726269View attachment 726270

You'll also need braces to avoid diastemas simultaneously, but that's optional, consult with your orthodontist about when should you install braces.

FACEPULLING

345tgf-gif.474546

- We already know what facepulling does. You can combine MSE + MSDO with facepuller if you want to *attempt* to protract your maxilla. Maxillary protraction is extremely slow in adults and 17 months are required to get just 1.7 millimiters of forward growth, while wearing it 14 hours a day (@nelson facepuller according to @Lorsss ). There are very few studies on adult facepulling yet all the ones on it says it’s legit.

MATHEMATICS 🧩

And for every extra hour you want to spend into facepulling, add 0.12mm into your result, we got that number by deviding 1.7 (Results) by 14 (Number of hours).

CONTEST

6 - Hours remaining to reach 20h (If i multiplied by 2, i would get 16h, and you can't multiply more than 10).

Now remember that i previously mentioned the MSE changes in forward growth (10mm of expansion equals 1.2mm of FORWARD GROWTH !!), so while you're wearing MSE, you can except the extra forward growth

I don't know how many turns per day are done with MSE + MSDO, so i would appreciate if someone make that calculation for me (calculate how many forward growth are created daily through the period of time while you're having MSE attached - Ideally until you expand 10-20mm)

ANOTHER MEASUREMENT

According to the study, a girl have gained 1.5mm using bone anchored facepuller for 4 months. She was 19 years old, and she facepulled for 18-20 hours per day.

1 year = 4.5 mm
2 years = 9mm
3 years = 13.5 mm
4 years = 18mm
5 years = 22.5 mm
6 years = 27mm

. . .

- Therefore, if we use facepuller with much more force, and combine it with MSE, we are gonna get twice the more changes !

- 6mm forward growth from 4 months with 2kg (@nelson dowden appliance + MSE + IMDO)
1 year = 18mm
2 years = 36mm

Now of course, you will eventually meet the rule of diminishing returns, not to undermine the statement. Since i'm not knowledgeable enough to answer the genetic limit of forward growth, someone else should mention this in the comments (not something important either).

But ANOTHER thing to put into consideration is location of the micro-implant placement during facepulling - a.k.a pulling upwards exclusively. The girl from the previous study pulled downwards, 30 degrees up instead of down should give her at least 3x faster and better results. Pulling upwards was the ONLY direction that resulted in high levels of compression on all of the circummaxillary sutures, which is what generates the bone for forward growth

From this paper this is the typical maxilla displacement resulting from a microimplant assisted palate expander like MSE, Hyrax using a facepuller at a -30 degrees angle:

View attachment 726548View attachment 726549

Look at how insignifiant is the forward displacement and how it displace your maxilla downward.

Now look at the displacement if the micro-implant was placed in a better location with a pulling angle of -15 degrees (Simulation C, picture on the right on the second picture) :

View attachment 726551View attachment 726552

look at how signifiant is the forward displacement, look at how the maxilla rotate ccw.

⭐ TL;DR ⭐

MSE + MSDO + FACEPULLING
OF PSL !

View attachment 726565

⭐ Tagging relevant users & brocels ⭐

@retard @Sergio-OMS @nelson @goat2x @Kingkellz @SayNoToRotting @Rob Paul'sHeight @Daw

@Lifeisgood72
great thread brodie but it's more ageeed upon that facepulling upwards isn't really realistic for results

Last edited:
  • +1
Great thread :)

• +1
also correct me if im wrong but if you expand both the maxilla and lower jaw equally wont it just keep the zygo to bigonion ratio the same except wider? also, i think msdo takes a significantly less amount of time than mse

• +1
dont do msdo unless u have to for ur bite, it places a lot of stress on the tmj (which is especially bad if u want jaw surgery afterwards) and genio is much more harmonious for chin width (since posterior parts of the mandible dont expand)

upward ccw movement is impossible, downward ccw movement is possible but can also be done w jaw surgery

palate expansion seems legit af tho, mainly for the mouth and zygos change + broad smile w small teeth is so aesthetic

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, SPFromNY914, mewcoper and 3 others
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Mewton, Agendum and 2 others
if you expand both the maxilla and lower jaw equally wont it just keep the zygo to bigonion ratio the same except wider?
bigger is better

MSE is the false prophet, Lefort is the real deal
Basically neither is holy grail, MSe is funcional and for widening and Lefort's can only move forward ( i say about 2 and 3) for holy grail we must wait long long time

• +1
Reactions: Mewton, Agendum and Deleted member 5912
Are you ever gonna do any of the shit you talk about

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Norwooder, Taylorswift, curryslayerordeath and 2 others
Basically that study where 1.7mm was achieved took 4 months cause that girl only facepull for 4 months
Edit ok i missed that sorry

Last edited:
dont do msdo unless u have to for ur bite, it places a lot of stress on the tmj (which is especially bad if u want jaw surgery afterwards) and genio is much more harmonious for chin width (since posterior parts of the mandible dont expand)
Before doing MSE + MSDO, i said that you must consult with your orhtodontist about bite correction, he should tip your molars a little bit outwards because of the expansion of MSDO.

Are you ever gonna do any of the shit you talk about
I am saving to get double jaw done for sure, but i don't know whether my ortho is performing MSDO. I need to have consultation first... There are actually many things that i would consider doing.

• Love it
Reactions: Bitch and Deleted member 5912
Before doing MSE + MSDO, i said that you must consult with your orhtodontist about bite correction, he should tip your molars a little bit outwards because of the expansion of MSDO.

yea i know, but pretty much every ortho/surgeon will tell u that distraction on the mandible w smth like msdo is VERY unstable and could cause tmj issues by the excess torque. if u do end up w problems, ur more likely to get relapse from jaw surgery too. overall def smth to avoid if possible.

• +1
Reactions: Perseus and Administrator
good thread
do you think its a good idea to add imdo?
pre surgery cuz I want to get bsso genio and mod lf3

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914 and Chintuck22
yea i know, but pretty much every ortho/surgeon will tell u that distraction on the mandible w smth like msdo is VERY unstable and could cause tmj issues by the excess torque. if u do end up w problems, ur more likely to get relapse from jaw surgery too. overall def smth to avoid if possible.
Tell them that MSDO should be done simultaneously with MSE (surgically assisted MSE), because with MSE alone you will be left with crossbite, and that might prevent you to expand more. Therefore get both MSE and MSDO, some surgeons do MSDO under the name 'MSE for lower jaw'

good thread
do you think its a good idea to add imdo?
pre surgery cuz I want to get bsso genio and mod lf3
Sure, why not ?
This is exactly what i'm planning to do also, but i need to get consultation done first.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Bitch, Deleted member 9090 and Deleted member 5912
Can jaw surgery like IMDO or BSSO give more space for teeth , especially third molars?
Also sad Maxillary compression is not possible , IT would change literally everything

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5912 and Chintuck22
Tell them that MSDO should be done simultaneously with MSE (surgically assisted MSE), because with MSE alone you will be left with crossbite, and that might prevent you to expand more. Therefore get both MSE and MSDO, some surgeons do MSDO under the name 'MSE for lower jaw'

Sure, why not ?
This is exactly what i'm planning to do also, but i need to get consultation done first.
damn thats pretty cool
mse
msdo
facepuller
imdo
hopefully that would putt me in a good place for a good modlf3 result

• Love it
Can jaw surgery like IMDO or BSSO give more space for teeth , especially third molars?
Also sad Maxillary compression is not possible , IT would change literally everything
It can. Apart from correcting bite, that's what it's literally doing:

The osteotomy is between first and second molars

damn thats pretty cool
mse
msdo
facepuller
imdo
hopefully that would putt me in a good place for a good modlf3 result
PM broo

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Bitch and Deleted member 5912

yea its possible obv, but you shouldnt opt for it, even if it limits expansion

bsso doesnt change any lateral space, also depends on how impacted ur third molars are. eh it wont happen any time in the near feature so why even care abt stuff thats impossible

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
yea its possible obv, but you shouldnt opt for it, even if it limits expansion

bsso doesnt change any lateral space, also depends on how impacted ur third molars are. eh it wont happen any time in the near feature so why even care abt stuff thats impossible
Yeah I know but you don't have to deal with midface, you saw me by the way

Yeah I know but you don't have to deal with midface, you saw me by the way

if u had a short midface youd look like a round skulled slav lol, why not just fix ur truecel lower third and live w an overall good facial appearance

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 5385
People were saying here that palatal expansion is enough and jaw will align. So they were lying and you need jaw extender too? Lower jaw extender looks too brutal tbh

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel
without splitting the suture is literally useless for maxillary protraction. it’s still taking me some time even with all my sutures loose. but I have 2+ years to protract because of my ortho’s technique to turn twice and back turn twice the next day

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 8486, slayer69 and 2 others
if you're getting MSE, make sure you don't get a surgically assisted one (no zygoma expansion).

Good thread OP.

• Hmm...
  • +1
  • WTF
Reactions: SPFromNY914, Slendercel, Mongrelcel and 2 others
without splitting the suture is literally useless for maxillary protraction. it’s still taking me some time even with all my sutures loose. but I have 2+ years to protract because of my ortho’s technique to turn twice and back turn twice the next day
2 years....

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5912
if you're getting MSE, make sure you don't get a surgically assisted one (no zygoma expansion).

Good thread OP.
Surgically assisted as in vertically cut, not horizontally

• +1
Reactions: Bitch and slayer69
Good thread but can you qoute the sources?

• +1
Also wearing facepuller for much longer time doesnt mean that you gonna duplicate your results
Your bones arent made out of rubber

• +1
Reactions: clavicel, Mongrelcel and Deleted member 9090
if u had a short midface youd look like a round skulled slav lol, why not just fix ur truecel lower third and live w an overall good facial appearance
Still weird that I have mezo- brachy skullshape but my midface is not compact, mouthbreathing was definietly my curse

• +1
Reactions: curryslayerordeath and SPFromNY914
So fuc'
This is MSE:

View attachment 726276
MSE-Expander-18up3.jpg
View attachment 726279

10mm of MSE equals =

This is MSDO:

View attachment 726262
images

1572734414139-png.153722

View attachment 726234

View attachment 726259

FACEPULLING

345tgf-gif.474546

MATHEMATICS 🧩

CONTEST

ANOTHER MEASUREMENT

1 year = 4.5 mm
2 years = 9mm
3 years = 13.5 mm
4 years = 18mm
5 years = 22.5 mm
6 years = 27mm

. . .

1 year = 18mm
2 years = 36mm

⭐ TL;DR ⭐

MSE + MSDO + FACEPULLING
OF PSL !

View attachment 726565

@Lifeisgood72
so fucking legit. Never noticed how upward movement gives a lot more forward growth from the won moon study lol.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 5912 and Chintuck22
24 mm of up and forward incisor movement in 6 years is life changing.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5912
24 mm of up and forward incisor movement in 6 years is life changing.
I don't know whether it's possible, continue reading the thread

• +1
Reactions: Bitch and orthochadic
Mirin high iq thread

• +1
Reactions: orthochadic
This is MSE:

View attachment 726276
MSE-Expander-18up3.jpg
View attachment 726279

10mm of MSE equals =

This is MSDO:

View attachment 726262
images

1572734414139-png.153722

View attachment 726234

View attachment 726259

FACEPULLING

345tgf-gif.474546

MATHEMATICS 🧩

CONTEST

ANOTHER MEASUREMENT

1 year = 4.5 mm
2 years = 9mm
3 years = 13.5 mm
4 years = 18mm
5 years = 22.5 mm
6 years = 27mm

. . .

1 year = 18mm
2 years = 36mm

⭐ TL;DR ⭐

MSE + MSDO + FACEPULLING
OF PSL !

View attachment 726565

@Lifeisgood72
high iq AF

• +1
Just pull your bones forward theory

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 5912 and Deleted member 5634
What are the orthodontics things so that the lower back teeths can also expand, as you said that msdo widen the front teeth more ?

• +1
Reactions: Chintuck22 and Deleted member 5912
What are the orthodontics things so that the lower back teeths can also expand, as you said that msdo widen the front teeth more ?
Hyrax appliance, but orthos can correct your back teeths with braces

• +1
Reactions: Bitch and orthochadic
MSE -- what's the best way of getting it for cheap in USA? Not feeling the self install and don't want to pay 10g..

The facepulling thing is really interesting but unpractical, are there any cases of people using it for long periods of time? 1+ years i mean. I nedd at least 10 mm

• +1
Dn rd but good post bhai

• +1
it's easy to praise the facepuller if you have never tried it. One who facepulls with Sandra Kahn's BOW and @nelson 's mouth appliance must deal with:
  • terrible pain in the frontal area of the palate
  • stunted movements, all daily activities like using a computer become hard
  • liters of saliva flowing out of one's mouth, causing dryness in the lips
  • annoying pressure on the forehead
It's humanely impossbile to wear this 15 hours a day for two years.
All this sufference would lead to 2 millimiters of forward growth if you are very lucky.

it's 100 times better to invest your times in a bimax surgery + genioplasty

the facepull appliance I used from March to April during the lockdown

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: nobodyspecial369, Slendercel, Administrator and 4 others