MSE ORTHO DISCUSSION - Does it need screws? DIY THREAD GTFIH SOURCES

Shkreliii

Shkreliii

Kraken
Hello, we all know that orthodonics is a massive meme, the fact is they most often don't even perform the valuable aspects of your surgery, the screws and expander is sourced from somewhere like america, and they most often even design them around your teeth structure in factory,
THE MASSIVE DIFFERENCE -
The factory charges below 1k whilst the orthos charge 10k, the only thing that orthos perform is screws and ngl im too pussy to screw myself, so my golden question is, does mse actually require screws? (im aware there are options) And what are the differences?

DIY MSE SOURCES-

They have tons of other non screw options, and even offer to provide to your tooth structure with scans! You can scan your teeth for a few hunnid (even though it in actuality costs less than 10 bucks)

I live in sweden, so even when i am done with the MSe ill be able to get free braces for my massive gap inbetween my teeth-

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA and 5'7 zoomer
Boost, greycellivesmatter

The Nitanium Palatal Expander2 (NPE2)

Clinically, before appliance delivery, the NPE2 is chilled and becomes extremely flexible and easy to insert. As the mouth begins to warm the appliance, the body wire becomes stiffer as shape memory is restored. This exerts a continuous low force on the teeth and mid-palatal suture to produce expansion. Appliance adjustment of the body wire is not necessary, but the extension arms can be adjusted to provide a differential amount of expansion in the bicuspid region (if needed). Note: Initially, a patient may experience slight pressure, which can be relieved by sipping a cold fluid or sucking on an ice cube. This feature makes the appliance very “patient friendly” because it allows mitigation of the pressure response.

Shape memory alloys (SMAs) are a unique class of metallic materials that have the ability to "remember" a particular shape and, upon the application of an external stimulus.

Able to exert an external force of 100 to 200 kilopascals, in comparison the tongue exerts 40-80 kilopascals making it almost 4 times stronger than our tongue, i.e mewing.

Giga lifefuel...

• Woah
Reactions: RAMU KAKA
@chargeit @Napoleon de Geso @lightskinbengali @Kamui @speedstern @jaysteezy @Napoleon1800 @HernanDrago @future slavic chad @Lean4Life @aesthetic beauty @Gmogger @Gonthar @steroids @LooksThinker @Esteban1997 @apemaxxed @5'7 zoomer @MACHETE
Fake ass names btw

@chargeit @Napoleon de Geso @lightskinbengali @Kamui @speedstern @jaysteezy @Napoleon1800 @HernanDrago @future slavic chad @Lean4Life @aesthetic beauty @Gmogger @Gonthar @steroids @LooksThinker @Esteban1997 @apemaxxed @5'7 zoomer @MACHETE
Fake ass names btw
WHO ARE YOU MY NIGGA??

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii
bump too tired to properly reply.

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA and Shkreliii
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Clinically, before appliance delivery, the NPE2 is chilled and becomes extremely flexible and easy to insert. As the mouth begins to warm the appliance, the body wire becomes stiffer as shape memory is restored. This exerts a continuous low force on the teeth and mid-palatal suture to produce expansion. Appliance adjustment of the body wire is not necessary, but the extension arms can be adjusted to provide a differential amount of expansion in the bicuspid region (if needed). Note: Initially, a patient may experience slight pressure, which can be relieved by sipping a cold fluid or sucking on an ice cube. This feature makes the appliance very “patient friendly” because it allows mitigation of the pressure response.

Shape memory alloys (SMAs) are a unique class of metallic materials that have the ability to "remember" a particular shape and, upon the application of an external stimulus.

Able to exert an external force of 100 to 200 kilopascals, in comparison the tongue exerts 40-80 kilopascals making it almost 4 times stronger than our tongue, i.e mewing.

View attachment 2565135
Giga lifefuel...
would this help in the correction of a lateral strain? it looks like you can order it online after figuring out the width.

• Hmm...
How fucking shadow banned am i?
Definitely not shadowbanned. Tag more people I guess, I don't like treating high effort posts with low effort replies so I'm choosing not to respond right now.

would this help in the correction of a lateral strain? it looks like you can order it online after figuring out the width.
theres also lower palatal expander, but some sources say thumb pulling works, im unsure. Do you know how its orthodontically fixed? If then im sure there's a non invasive non expensive method surely. Any toughts? Cuz i have it too

theres also lower palatal expander, but some sources say thumb pulling works, im unsure. Do you know how its orthodontically fixed? If then im sure there's a non invasive non expensive method surely. Any toughts? Cuz i have it too
there’s definitely a non-invasive, non-expensive method. lateral strains and side bending rotations are fixed a lot when it comes to orthotropics, with torsion being the tricky one to fix.

i have to do some reading about lateral strain formations though, i’m planning on making a guide on symmetry in the future. do you know how they’re formed?

definitely orthotropics are more reliable than orthodontics for aesthetics… like some intra-oral devices.

Screws depend on whether or not your maxillary suture is fused or not, if you're a kid you don't need screws, if you're an adult screws are imperative to have the expander split the suture.

• +1
Screws depend on whether or not your maxillary suture is fused or not, if you're a kid you don't need screws, if you're an adult screws are imperative to have the expander split the suture.
Yeah but im not all that keen on spending 10k for 4 screws, id rather just ask if i can bring the brace and get it.

Hello, we all know that orthodonics is a massive meme, the fact is they most often don't even perform the valuable aspects of your surgery, the screws and expander is sourced from somewhere like america, and they most often even design them around your teeth structure in factory,
THE MASSIVE DIFFERENCE -
The factory charges below 1k whilst the orthos charge 10k, the only thing that orthos perform is screws and ngl im too pussy to screw myself, so my golden question is, does mse actually require screws? (im aware there are options) And what are the differences?

DIY MSE SOURCES-

They have tons of other non screw options, and even offer to provide to your tooth structure with scans! You can scan your teeth for a few hunnid (even though it in actuality costs less than 10 bucks)

I live in sweden, so even when i am done with the MSe ill be able to get free braces for my massive gap inbetween my teeth-
View attachment 2565070

The MSE and most bone borne expanders (bone borne means that the expander is anchored to the bone) need screws, the screws are anchored to your palate, so that later you can turn the screw of the device and separate the suture.

They obviously need to be placed by a professional, MSE is a very complex appliance and only a few professionals have the experience to use it correctly.

The non-screw anchored appliances you are referring to fall into the category of "tooth-borne expanders".

These appliances are tooth-anchored.
These appliances do not separate the suture, they tighten the suture, as the screw is turned the appliance begins to open and exert pressure on the mucosa, then the process of bone deposition in the palate begins to occur.

The problem with these appliances in adults is that it is debated that they only tilt teeth, since being an adult your bones are harder, so there could come a point where your teeth tilt so much that you can put them at risk, that is, these teeth would come out of the alveolar bone and as I said you would put your dental health at risk.

If you would like me to elaborate more on how both expanders work and which one I think is better, feel free to let me know.

• +1
Reactions: drag and Shkreliii
The MSE and most bone borne expanders (bone borne means that the expander is anchored to the bone) need screws, the screws are anchored to your palate, so that later you can turn the screw of the device and separate the suture.

They obviously need to be placed by a professional, MSE is a very complex appliance and only a few professionals have the experience to use it correctly.

The non-screw anchored appliances you are referring to fall into the category of "tooth-borne expanders".

These appliances are tooth-anchored.
These appliances do not separate the suture, they tighten the suture, as the screw is turned the appliance begins to open and exert pressure on the mucosa, then the process of bone deposition in the palate begins to occur.

The problem with these appliances in adults is that it is debated that they only tilt teeth, since being an adult your bones are harder, so there could come a point where your teeth tilt so much that you can put them at risk, that is, these teeth would come out of the alveolar bone and as I said you would put your dental health at risk.

If you would like me to elaborate more on how both expanders work and which one I think is better, feel free to let me know.
Thanks for the answer, i dont need additional info, just bummed out having to pay 10k essentially for 4 screws