New Study: Finasteride damages more than 10,000 genes

Deleted member 773

Deleted member 773

Looksmaxxing is COPE! (RIP 1-5-19 - 2-17-21)
A new study by Baylor University investigates Finasteride’s effects on gene expression and DNA in an attempt to find a catalyst for Post Finasteride Syndrome, and finds that it damages more than 10,000 genes related to the secretion and utilization of male androgens.

It is set to be released by September.

“So I emailed Professor Mohit Khera three months ago and he confirmed it.

The work is already being reviewed by a scientific journal and will be released - the deadline is September.

Then I spoke to the American Foundation and they said that - The researchers who studied our problem in Baylor found tens of thousands of gene damage. They were so shocked by this that they started double-checking their results and doing additional analysis for another 2 years.”

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: thecel, Healthmax.GER, Be_ConfidentBro and 44 others
Go bald
Or damage genes

Life of a baldcel jfl

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: iabsolvejordan, enchanted_elixir, Tallooksmaxxer and 49 others
fuck
773.jpg

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot, WadlowMaxxing, randomvanish and 8 others
it shrinks your dick

jfl @ people who thought "meh"

how's that dick taste now?

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: FreakkForLife, WadlowMaxxing, karbo and 14 others
"go bald" ~ IT spy

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer, Deleted member 4562, Deleted member 8080 and 15 others
it shrinks your dick

jfl @ people who thought "meh"

how's that dick taste now?
Imagine having chad genetics just for Jewish drugs to come along and permanently take that from you?

Very few drug has been studied in this way, I’m willing to bet Accutane and Minoxidil, along with several antidepressants do similar things.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Eduardo DOV, randomguy1235, karbo and 10 others
holy fuck its beyond over for us norwooders
either go bald and be a cuck for the rest of your life or destroy your genes

• +1
  • WTF
  • JFL
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing, Deleted member 9511, owlofathena and 4 others
No damage here

• +1
Reactions: AllesScheiße, Deleted member 4562, Deleted member 4645 and 5 others
over for 99.9% of this forum

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Edgar, Be_ConfidentBro, WadlowMaxxing and 5 others
Just read thread
Another baseless assumption made by a basement dweller.
Keep crying faggot

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 1332, Sikkunt23, Deleted member 4614 and 11 others
A new study by Baylor University investigates Finasteride’s effects on gene expression and DNA in an attempt to find a catalyst for Post Finasteride Syndrome, and finds that it damages more than 10,000 genes related to the secretion and utilization of male androgens.

It is set to be released by September.

“So I emailed Professor Mohit Khera three months ago and he confirmed it.

The work is already being reviewed by a scientific journal and will be released - the deadline is September.

Then I spoke to the American Foundation and they said that - The researchers who studied our problem in Baylor found tens of thousands of gene damage. They were so shocked by this that they started double-checking their results and doing additional analysis for another 2 years.”
are these side effects reversible?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973
Just read thread
Another baseless assumption made by a basement dweller.
Keep crying faggot
We’ll see when the study comes out

These are big drugs on this forum and I’ve always wanted to inform everyone on the reality of these antiandrogen shits. I knew there was something special about them and this may confirm that.

• +1
Reactions: FreakkForLife, Deleted member 4416, Deleted member 6512 and 3 others
So go bald or get gene damage...

Norwood reaper always wins

Attachments

• Goodbye.gif
    Goodbye.gif
    3.2 MB · Views: 97
  • Vak3Rk.gif
    Vak3Rk.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 92
  • tenor (3).gif
    tenor (3).gif
    304.9 KB · Views: 65
  • EW8wUPeXQAMASTU.jpeg
    EW8wUPeXQAMASTU.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 49
  • tenor(2).gif
    tenor(2).gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 60
  • giphy (4).gif
    giphy (4).gif
    2.7 MB · Views: 126
  • JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel, WadlowMaxxing, Deleted member 6572 and 13 others
We’ll see when the study comes out

These are big drugs on this forum and I’ve always wanted to inform everyone on the reality of these antiandrogen shits. I knew there was something special about them and this may confirm that.
Yeah it may be or it may not be
I am taking Fin for 15+ months and have no problems so far
Fapped 4 times today jfl over for me

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer, bruh3610, Chadelite and 4 others
are these side effects reversible?
Yes, many people have recovered from PFS with tribulus, steroids, strict long term fasting/dieting, and like a thousands other things.

I’m on St John’s Wort right now and while it is an anti androgen, it is improving my sides a lot,im just waiting for covid to leave my system to get on Creatine and start getting real gains again (which boosts 5-ar)

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Chintuck22, sytyl and Deleted member 5912
Yeah it may be or it may not be
I am taking Fin for 15+ months and have no problems so far
Fapped 4 times today jfl over for me
Many ppl do better on the drug than crash when they got off it. But this is with genetics you might be immune to the side effects.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5912
  • +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing and Deleted member 5912
biggest fear mongerer on the site tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4416, Sikkunt23, Deleted member 5912 and 7 others
Thank god my instincts kicked in when i took finasteride, as soon as i lost morning wood and sperm became liquid i sensed that i was transforming into a eunuch no matter how small the dose i took, i quit cold turkey JFL at taking poison.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: horizontallytall, zeshama, WadlowMaxxing and 12 others
better to go bald then

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5912 and Deleted member 4797
Just pray to Gandy that you won’t lose your hair. It’s the most side effect free method for combatting hairloss available

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Jaime lannister., LostYouth, I'mme and 6 others
I used fin for 2 weeks, my dick went limp, but its back to normal now. Have I been permanently damaged in other ways?

Does having a fully functioning dick and sex drive mean I'm safe and wont have been fucked in other ways?

16ca622e a4f0 405a a3ed afa03d7b29e8

Reminder this nigga used fin since early 20s, the mom is GL...

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: basedblackpiller, Healthmax.GER, WadlowMaxxing and 18 others

• JFL
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing, Tenshi, BigBoy and 1 other person
@Short Ugly and Brown JFL @ YOU, YOU SUBHUMAN, IT'S OVER FOR YOU, NEVER BEGAN USING FIN @ 15YO

giphy.gif

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing, bruh3610, SubhumanCurrycel and 15 others
Thank god my instincts kicked in when i took finasteride, as soon as i lost morning wood and sperm became liquid i sensed that i was transforming into a eunuch no matter how small the dose i took, i quit cold turkey JFL at taking poison.

How long were you on?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797
going bald is a much worse death sentence than whatever harm (besides ed) that finasteride can cause tbh ngl

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5292, Ampere, madmax and 6 others
How long were you on?
1 month and a half, i started coping by cutting the pills into very small parts and expecting my dick to "adapt" and get back to normal, jfl i had lower quality erections for months after i quit it slowly got back to normal thank god.

• +1
Reactions: Tysla, Deleted member 4797, Fear and 1 other person
Prolonged use of finasteride-induced gonadal sex steroids alterations, DNA damage and menstrual bleeding in women

oh look

finasteride has bad side effects in a population that is advised to not take finasteride under any circumstances

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: AllesScheiße, Deleted member 5292, Ampere and 14 others
Reminder that the most powerful man in the world takes finasteride

• +1
Reactions: owlofathena and The Bleach Pill
always fun reading laymen thoughts on such topics.

an especially amusing comment - “We are probably suffering from shockingly severe DNA fragmentation, which can never be cured.” guy evidently has 0 knowledge on cell bio (this is highschool level btw) to come up with such a conclusion. it's almost as if he believes the body has one reservoir of DNA and damage to it is somehow permanent. when DNA gets damaged and does not get successfully repaired, the cell usually undergoes apoptosis. if massive DNA fragmentation (damage) were to occur simultaneously in the whole body, you'd just die. it's what happens after radiation exposure.

also, the study posted showed minimally increased damage in fucking lymphocytes which are white blood (immune) cells.

gonna go over the whole thing tomorrow if in the mood.

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: tombradylover, Deleted member 9511, kej3094 and 24 others
1 month and a half, i started coping by cutting the pills into very small parts and expecting my dick to "adapt" and get back to normal, jfl i had lower quality erections for months after i quit it slowly got back to normal thank god.

I was on it for 2weeks, had the same instincts as you and quit fast. My erections are back to 100% quality now too.

However here's the problem, I never get SPONTANEOUS erections like I always used to. Either I have to touch my dick or imagine hard for 5mins to rise it up.

Its been 6months since I took fin, and I still never get spontaneous erections even if Im walking down the street and see a hot bitch, or on the bus, those situations I used to get hard, now I dont without actively trying to.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing, Baldingman1998, Hapafetishist and 1 other person
i'd rather have gene damage than be bald

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing, Deleted member 5467, Deleted member 4416 and 6 others
Clickbait title. Finasteride doesn't damage the DNA. At most, it changes the epigenome. This isn't necessarily even damaging.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5912, sytyl, BigBoy and 1 other person
Clickbait title. Finasteride doesn't damage the DNA. At most, it changes the epigenome. This isn't necessarily even damaging.
The study isn’t even out yet bruh

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing and Tall
The study isn’t even out yet bruh

Even disregarding that, what possible physical mechanism could exist for finasteride to directly damage DNA i.e. act as a free radical or a mutagen? It simply makes no sense.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4645, Deleted member 4416, Deleted member 5912 and 3 others
Finasteride doesn't damage the DNA.

androgens regulate expression of some DNA repair genes IIRC. you could therefore theorize that lowering androgens->less DNA repair->more DNA damage. thing is, this is purely mechanistic and drastic effects would have been noticed in epidemiological studies.

@DrTony can you chime in on this subject?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 643, Deleted member 5912 and goat2x
I was on it for 2weeks, had the same instincts as you and quit fast. My erections are back to 100% quality now too.

However here's the problem, I never get SPONTANEOUS erections like I always used to. Either I have to touch my dick or imagine hard for 5mins to rise it up.

Its been 6months since I took fin, and I still never get spontaneous erections even if Im walking down the street and see a hot bitch, or on the bus, those situations I used to get hard, now I dont without actively trying to.
Yeah i feel you, i still feel as if my erection quality is not the same as before not sure if im paranoid but i get less spontaneous erections, at least i got my morning wood back, also i started dickmaxxing and its helping me get better erections

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797
androgens regulate expression of some DNA repair genes IIRC. you could therefore theorize that lowering androgens->less DNA repair->more DNA damage. thing is, this is purely mechanistic and drastic effects would have been noticed in epidemiological studies.

@DrTony can you chime in on this subject?

Are you really asking for my advice on some obscure study published in a predator journal (Bioscience Reports) who did a comet assay? Where is the fucking RNA-seq data?
Do not ask for my advice again unless the study is published in a prestigious journal worth looking at.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Chadelite, Tall, Deleted member 5912 and 5 others
Are you really asking for my advice on some obscure study published

meant the influence of androgens on DNA repair since you work in oncology research (iirc?)

meant the influence of androgens on DNA repair since you work in oncology research (iirc?)

I am unaware of any data linking androgen with genes that control DNA damage repair.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 4416, Good_Little_Goy, goat2x and 1 other person
I could potentially speculate that there could be a link between androgen-driven prostate cancer growth and defective DNA damage repair genes.

But that would require I take time to look into the available data. I do not have the luxury of time this month.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4416, Chadelite, RAITEIII and 6 others
I wonder if voice changes occur from fin, when I was in high school I had a much deeper voice than I did from 21-now 26 and I started fin at 21

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa, Chadelite and sytyl
Yeah i feel you, i still feel as if my erection quality is not the same as before not sure if im paranoid but i get less spontaneous erections, at least i got my morning wood back, also i started dickmaxxing and its helping me get better erections

I can get 100% rock hard like before, just not spontaneously.

I can also coom 10x a day with good sperm quality.

Nothing else changed for me except the spontaneity, its like our dicks function like they used to but Im scared something in the brain has changed which caused the spontaneous erections only.

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa and poloralf