New to this forum, in need of a different opinion on my surgeons plan for DJS.. whose the best to consult on this forum?

D

Deleted member 14314

Iron
Hey everyone

Whilst this isn't the best place to get a second opinion, I do appreciate how neurotic some people are about facial aesthetics. I'd rather not post any confidential images on this thread, I'd rather PM someone who the rest of you agree is most well-versed when it comes to realistic facial aesthetics.. realistic here being the operative word.

For what it's worth, my concern is lack of upper tooth show (vertical maxillary deficiency).. my bite is perfectly fine and so is my chin; due to my full lips, my incisors show only by a mm with the widest grin. Additionally, my face is round and lacks the angularity due to a short face, as a result of my short maxilla, as for my projection, it's fine, as are my lips and the concavity of my philtrum.

My plan with my surgeon includes a vertical downgraft of 5mm, Lefort 1 osteotomy to advance the maxilla by 3mm (giving me an increased 1mm of tooth show, 3mm projection = 1mm of incisor show), with mandible being advanced by 3mm to accompany the move in the maxilla. In addition, the MMC will be rotated clockwise to lengthen my face ever so slightly and give it more definition.

From my limited reading here in the past hour, a lot of people casually talk about advancing the maxilla by over 10mm and completely disregard how it affects the alar base and philtrum, amongst a myriad of other things. Not to mention how commonly CCW is suggested without any consideration for one's occlusal plane. I'm well aware this isn't a medical board, and so that's why I'd rather deal with someone who knows what they're talking about.

I'll gladly PM my profile and cephalometric scan to who you guys recommend on this board

Thanks!

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 10615
Can a mod please delete this thread of mine? Can't figure out how to do so

Thank you

• JFL
Reactions: never_lucky
Model adriana lima signs the wall at aol hq when they visit for build picture id627830396

fucking greycel 😡, hardest tldr ever like i didn't even attempt to read the entire thing tbh

• +1
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad
Hey everyone

Whilst this isn't the best place to get a second opinion, I do appreciate how neurotic some people are about facial aesthetics. I'd rather not post any confidential images on this thread, I'd rather PM someone who the rest of you agree is most well-versed when it comes to realistic facial aesthetics.. realistic here being the operative word.

For what it's worth, my concern is lack of upper tooth show (vertical maxillary deficiency).. my bite is perfectly fine and so is my chin; due to my full lips, my incisors show only by a mm with the widest grin. Additionally, my face is round and lacks the angularity due to a short face, as a result of my short maxilla, as for my projection, it's fine, as are my lips and the concavity of my philtrum.

My plan with my surgeon includes a vertical downgraft of 5mm, Lefort 1 osteotomy to advance the maxilla by 3mm (giving me an increased 1mm of tooth show, 3mm projection = 1mm of incisor show), with mandible being advanced by 3mm to accompany the move in the maxilla. In addition, the MMC will be rotated clockwise to lengthen my face ever so slightly and give it more definition.

From my limited reading here in the past hour, a lot of people casually talk about advancing the maxilla by over 10mm and completely disregard how it affects the alar base and philtrum, amongst a myriad of other things. Not to mention how commonly CCW is suggested without any consideration for one's occlusal plane. I'm well aware this isn't a medical board, and so that's why I'd rather deal with someone who knows what they're talking about.

I'll gladly PM my profile and cephalometric scan to who you guys recommend on this board

Thanks!
who's your surgeon? sounds like a pretty reasonable plan tbh