NO BS GUIDE TO LOSING WEIGHT AND GETTING MUSCULAR

FilthyCasual

FilthyCasual

Bronze
I'M BACK BITCHES
I wanna do this guide because i see alot of questions on this site about weightloss "should i do keto?" "Should i do fasted cardio?" "Should i eat before bed or skip breakfast?"

Now before this guide starts i'm gonna split it into 2 parts Building muscle and Losing fat.
Now you might ask who am i to give advice on this, so i wanna show you my journey first real quick
This was me on january of this year (Warning this m

ight be disturb you)
(240lbs)

This is me now (
190lbs)

Ok that been said lets start with the fat loss first

FAT LOSS
i'ma keep this simpleish, its about the calories in calories out. That being said, the food you consume matters alot, for example
This is about 300 calories
This is 1 lbs of broccoli and its about 150 calories. Now take a guess which one will fill you up and keep you full for longer.
Its not rocket science. Paleo, keto, vegetarian whatever "diet" you come up with doesnt matter, you can lose weight by only eating snicker bars, as long as you're in a calorie deficit.
Now the foods i recommend eating are like this (Importance order) Meats (includes chicken)-------> Vegetable---> Fruits---->Random junk food filler calories.
Now to find out how much you should be eating in the first place visit https://tdeecalculator.net/ . Be honest in your activity, if you're not sure if your lightly active or moderately active its better to go with lightly and adjust from there. If you've never ever tracked calories before i recommend using myfitnesspal. Some of you might have tried calorie counting before and gained weight "even though i was eating 1000 calories i swear" Most people forget to include oil, sauces, juices or just little snacks like a handful of nuts. Be honest with yourself and add every single thing you put in your mouth (Except for water or diet sodas).

Now even though the tdee calculator site is pretty accurate i still recommend eating at maintenance for a week or two just to find out if its truly your maintenance. If you lose weight at the maintenance the site gave you just add some calories, keep in mind 1 lbs of fat is 3500 calories so if you lost a pound in a week you need to add 500 calories to your daily calories, vice versa aswell. Track your weight every single morning and take your weekly averages because if you're going on just what you weighed on every sunday it can vastly differ, you might have more water weight because you ate a bit more carbs than last week etc...

There are a shit ton of minute details like for example if you drink a gallon of cold water your body burns an extra 100 calories just for warming up the water inside you.
But all that is kinda irrelevant if you're looking at the big picture.

And oh yeah almost forgot cardio. For me i just walk for 60 minutes each day, now thats not 60 minutes of walking in a row, just 60 mins of walking during the whole day. I do running and boxing aswell but 60 mins of walking and going to the gym 3 times a week puts you in the moderately active category already, anything more than that as a beginner you'll start to face recovery problems but thats more of a muscle building topic.

Yeah if you have questions about fat loss just post it i'll answer it for sure.

Muscle Building
Just like the fat loss part people overthink muscle building "Do i need to get fat to build muscle?" No you do not. "do i need to be at the gym 7 days a week to build muscle?" No you do not.
Most beginners only need to go to the gym 3 times a week. Here is a basic workout you can follow if you're beginner

Barbell Bench Press: 3-4 sets of 6-10 reps

Barbell Back Squat: 3-4 sets of 6-10 reps

Pull-Ups: 3-4 sets of 6-10 reps

Lying Hamstring Dumbbell Curls: 3-4 sets of 10-15 reps

Standing Overhead Press: 3-4 sets of 6-10 reps

Face Pulls: 3-4 sets of 10-15 reps

Drag Curls: 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps

And if you cant do a pull up use assisted pull up machine or just use bands

Now for how much muscle you can build, it depends on your genetics, but you can expect anything from 1-2 lbs per month. So if you remember what i said earlier 1 lbs of weight loss is 3500 calories its the same shit here, if you can only gain 1-2lbs of muscle per month than what the point of eating more than that right? 2lbs is 7000 calories now divide that by 30 233 calories over your maintenance is all you need for optimal muscle growth, you dont need to dirty bulk and eat 5000 calories.

Now for the people trying to lose weight and build muscle at the same time, you can do so fairly easily, muscle growth in a calorie deficit is about 20-30% Slower, which means if you were gonna gain 20lbs of muscle in that year now you gain 16lbs, which is not a bad trade for getting lean at the same time.

Remember everytime you go in the gym your target is to beat the number of reps of the weight you did last time, don't just go in there and do how much you feel is alot that day, actually track and focus on improving each session.

Remember when i said that you can eat only snicker bars and lose weight? Yeah that doesn't apply do muscle building. With muscle building you need to actually watch what you eat, rule of thumb is 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight so a 160lbs person eats 160g or protein per day. Same thing goes with fat loss rates the faster you lose weight the more protein ur gonna need.
For proper technique on the lifts i recommend watching this playlist

Recovery is super important for muscle building. Proper sleep and Hydration is super important. Aim for a gallon of water a day, that way even if you don't hit it its still sufficient for recovery. For sleep a solid rule is you should sleep for half of the time you were awake, for most people in the western world a normal day is 16 hours long, so you need 8 hours of sleep to recover from it.

Like fat loss there a ton of minute details like rest time between sets, how many reps, training split etc.. All of that is kinda just icing on the cake, as long as you're training hard (Lifting more and more each time) and eating good, you'll gain muscle no matter how many reps you're doing.

If you have more questions just leave them down below i'll happily answer them

Attachments

• 1607514306674.png
    1607514306674.png
    927.3 KB · Views: 99
  • +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: BrahminBoss, Kmscurry, Lars and 20 others
first

• Love it
Reactions: JL~
tl;dr stay in caloric deficit and lift weights

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss, Deleted member 8244, Deleted member 5969 and 3 others
Nice breasts

• +1
Reactions: xefo
Nice progress bro. Great thread and thanks.

Your face improved a lot ngl. Fat people look stupid, in the after seems like you gained some iq points as well.

0D71EFD9 E572 41B0 A061 1E04437418A1
F014072F BE04 4A87 9326 7D561A81C2F2

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: TsarTsar444, Deleted member 756, Deleted member 5969 and 6 others
Muscle Building
Most beginners only need to go to the gym 3 times a week. Here is a basic workout you can follow if you're beginner

8 SETS OF DIRECT ISOLATION BICEPS WORK AND 0 FOR TRICEPS?
giphy.gif

• JFL
Reactions: diggbicc and Deleted member 10679
8 SETS OF DIRECT ISOLATION BICEPS WORK AND 0 FOR TRICEPS?
giphy.gif
Thats just day 1 from a 3 day split. its what the workout could look like, honestly beginners can get a way with 0 isolation work, bench for triceps pull ups for biceps.

What's your height?

You need gyno surgery asap. Being fat, raised your E sky high, and you developed man tits that will never go away without surgery.

• +1
Reactions: RichardSpencel
Right photo looks a lot like KSI
I get told that all the time, not sure if its a compliment or wat.
What's your height?
198cm or 6ft6
You need gyno surgery asap. Being fat, raised your E sky high, and you developed man tits that will never go away without surgery.
i've had a bit of gyno ever since i was like 14, personally it doesn't bother me anymore. When i was younger and had a flat chest (no muscles) it was 10 times worse, but nowadays i dont even mind it. If anything it makes my chest look bigger in a shirt.

• WTF
Reactions: magnificentcel
your skin needs work G. I suggest you get on hydroquinone 4%-6% and tretinoin. I don't even think your face is at its natural skin tone cuz its darker than the rest of your body. Good work on the weight loss tho (y)

• +1
Reactions: FilthyCasual
your skin needs work G. I suggest you get on hydroquinone 4%-6% and tretinoin. I don't even think your face is at its natural skin tone cuz its darker than the rest of your body. Good work on the weight loss tho (y)
Yeah i just started a skin care routine like a day ago. I think most people have faces darker than body because its the face thats in contact with the sun most of the time. I guess i need some sun screen too, always thought dont need it cuz i'm black.

• +1
Reactions: ProAcktiv
eating less is so much easier the more you do it, and the hunger magically goes away

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1476
Cope

I'M BACK BITCHES
I wanna do this guide because i see alot of questions on this site about weightloss "should i do keto?" "Should i do fasted cardio?" "Should i eat before bed or skip breakfast?"

Now before this guide starts i'm gonna split it into 2 parts Building muscle and Losing fat.
Now you might ask who am i to give advice on this, so i wanna show you my journey first real quick
This was me on january of this year (Warning this m
View attachment 859686
ight be disturb you)
(240lbs)

View attachment 859691
This is me now (
190lbs)

Ok that been said lets start with the fat loss first

FAT LOSS
i'ma keep this simpleish, its about the calories in calories out. That being said, the food you consume matters alot, for example
View attachment 859701This is about 300 calories
View attachment 859702This is 1 lbs of broccoli and its about 150 calories. Now take a guess which one will fill you up and keep you full for longer.
Its not rocket science. Paleo, keto, vegetarian whatever "diet" you come up with doesnt matter, you can lose weight by only eating snicker bars, as long as you're in a calorie deficit.
Now the foods i recommend eating are like this (Importance order) Meats (includes chicken)-------> Vegetable---> Fruits---->Random junk food filler calories.
Now to find out how much you should be eating in the first place visit https://tdeecalculator.net/ . Be honest in your activity, if you're not sure if your lightly active or moderately active its better to go with lightly and adjust from there. If you've never ever tracked calories before i recommend using myfitnesspal. Some of you might have tried calorie counting before and gained weight "even though i was eating 1000 calories i swear" Most people forget to include oil, sauces, juices or just little snacks like a handful of nuts. Be honest with yourself and add every single thing you put in your mouth (Except for water or diet sodas).

Now even though the tdee calculator site is pretty accurate i still recommend eating at maintenance for a week or two just to find out if its truly your maintenance. If you lose weight at the maintenance the site gave you just add some calories, keep in mind 1 lbs of fat is 3500 calories so if you lost a pound in a week you need to add 500 calories to your daily calories, vice versa aswell. Track your weight every single morning and take your weekly averages because if you're going on just what you weighed on every sunday it can vastly differ, you might have more water weight because you ate a bit more carbs than last week etc...

There are a shit ton of minute details like for example if you drink a gallon of cold water your body burns an extra 100 calories just for warming up the water inside you.
But all that is kinda irrelevant if you're looking at the big picture.

And oh yeah almost forgot cardio. For me i just walk for 60 minutes each day, now thats not 60 minutes of walking in a row, just 60 mins of walking during the whole day. I do running and boxing aswell but 60 mins of walking and going to the gym 3 times a week puts you in the moderately active category already, anything more than that as a beginner you'll start to face recovery problems but thats more of a muscle building topic.

Yeah if you have questions about fat loss just post it i'll answer it for sure.

Muscle Building
Just like the fat loss part people overthink muscle building "Do i need to get fat to build muscle?" No you do not. "do i need to be at the gym 7 days a week to build muscle?" No you do not.

And if you cant do a pull up use assisted pull up machine or just use bands

Now for how much muscle you can build, it depends on your genetics, but you can expect anything from 1-2 lbs per month. So if you remember what i said earlier 1 lbs of weight loss is 3500 calories its the same shit here, if you can only gain 1-2lbs of muscle per month than what the point of eating more than that right? 2lbs is 7000 calories now divide that by 30 233 calories over your maintenance is all you need for optimal muscle growth, you dont need to dirty bulk and eat 5000 calories.

Now for the people trying to lose weight and build muscle at the same time, you can do so fairly easily, muscle growth in a calorie deficit is about 20-30% Slower, which means if you were gonna gain 20lbs of muscle in that year now you gain 16lbs, which is not a bad trade for getting lean at the same time.

Remember everytime you go in the gym your target is to beat the number of reps of the weight you did last time, don't just go in there and do how much you feel is alot that day, actually track and focus on improving each session.

Remember when i said that you can eat only snicker bars and lose weight? Yeah that doesn't apply do muscle building. With muscle building you need to actually watch what you eat, rule of thumb is 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight so a 160lbs person eats 160g or protein per day. Same thing goes with fat loss rates the faster you lose weight the more protein ur gonna need.
For proper technique on the lifts i recommend watching this playlist

Recovery is super important for muscle building. Proper sleep and Hydration is super important. Aim for a gallon of water a day, that way even if you don't hit it its still sufficient for recovery. For sleep a solid rule is you should sleep for half of the time you were awake, for most people in the western world a normal day is 16 hours long, so you need 8 hours of sleep to recover from it.

Like fat loss there a ton of minute details like rest time between sets, how many reps, training split etc.. All of that is kinda just icing on the cake, as long as you're training hard (Lifting more and more each time) and eating good, you'll gain muscle no matter how many reps you're doing.

If you have more questions just leave them down below i'll happily answer them

You know what you are talking about for the most part, I would nitpick the amount of protein you need compared to weight isn't a 1:1 ratio (more like 0.6:1.0) Any keep on going, you have done more than 90% of the forum.

• +1
Can you build muscle at home tbh?

• +1
Can you build muscle at home tbh?
You can but to a certain extent. For example lets say you are weak as shit and can do only 1-5 push ups you train for a couple of weeks now you can do 20 great you built some muscle (some would say "its not muscle its just your body adapting to the movement) but regardless you got stronger. At some point (which could be legit within 2 months) you'll get so strong that you'll be able to do 50 push ups with ease, here's the tricky part. After you can do 50 push ups in a row the amount of work you need to do to progress becomes very exhausting, think of doing 4 sets of 50 push ups thats like more cardio than anything. Now you could do diamond push ups, explosive push ups, but at the end of the day you'll run into that problem regardless. With weightlifting its not an issue because you can just add more weight and stay in the same rep range (if you can bench 50kg for 10 you get stronger instead of repping 50kg 25 times you just add 60kg and do that weight 10 times) This is the main issue with calisthenics, you can still build a great physique with calisthenics its just not the most efficient way from a to b. Its like if you want to develop your sprinting speed but you just jog very long distances, will that help? yeah sure but its very inefficient.

• +1
Reactions: MansNotHot
You can but to a certain extent. For example lets say you are weak as shit and can do only 1-5 push ups you train for a couple of weeks now you can do 20 great you built some muscle (some would say "its not muscle its just your body adapting to the movement) but regardless you got stronger. At some point (which could be legit within 2 months) you'll get so strong that you'll be able to do 50 push ups with ease, here's the tricky part. After you can do 50 push ups in a row the amount of work you need to do to progress becomes very exhausting, think of doing 4 sets of 50 push ups thats like more cardio than anything. Now you could do diamond push ups, explosive push ups, but at the end of the day you'll run into that problem regardless. With weightlifting its not an issue because you can just add more weight and stay in the same rep range (if you can bench 50kg for 10 you get stronger instead of repping 50kg 25 times you just add 60kg and do that weight 10 times) This is the main issue with calisthenics, you can still build a great physique with calisthenics its just not the most efficient way from a to b. Its like if you want to develop your sprinting speed but you just jog very long distances, will that help? yeah sure but its very inefficient.
Good insight, thank you

Weight vests, and shorter rest in between sets will tax you. Try doing sets of 50 pushups with only 30 seconds rest.

Weight vests, and shorter rest in between sets will tax you. Try doing sets of 50 pushups with only 30 seconds rest.
you start getting into realm of crossfit honestly. And proper weight vests are expensive af better off just getting a gym membership tbh. I mean if you enjoy that type of training more power to you, i'm kinda too much of a gym bro to be doing sets of 50 with 30 seconds rests. i like that 5x5 with 5 minutes rest between.

• +1
Reactions: Basedtheticz
you start getting into realm of crossfit honestly. And proper weight vests are expensive af better off just getting a gym membership tbh. I mean if you enjoy that type of training more power to you, i'm kinda too much of a gym bro to be doing sets of 50 with 30 seconds rests. i like that 5x5 with 5 minutes rest between.
Fair enough.

Good job man!!

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss, magnificentcel and FilthyCasual
too much protein imo and while meat is satiating you can get the same level of satiation from eggs milk cheese fruits etc.