Official LL AMA from a double LL'er

C

CosmicMaxxer

Bronze
I have another thread that's stickied at the top. Looks like it's getting a lot of LL questions, so may as well start a new one devoted to LL. I had femurs done with Paley in 2015, gained 7.3 cm or so. I had tibias done this year with Mahboubian, gained 7.5 cm (well above recommend limit). I'm nearly 8 months post and walking with a limp, which I expect to disappear within a few months, as I improve every week.

As for doc recommendations, I honestly prefer Mahboubian. Paley has so many patients that certain things like x-ray issues will sometimes escape his attention. The worst example would be pre-consolidation. This didn't happen to me but I read about it on the LL forum. Paley is a fine option compared to anyone overseas though lol. There's also Assayag in Baltimore who I hear is good and attentive.

Please browse the sticky (you can control-F "LL") to see if questions were already answered there, though I'll try my best to answer all q's here as well.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Fgsfds, HighClassMaxing, deepweb1298 and 15 others
Can you please take a video of the scar on your legs and say your username so we know you are legit?

How much can I expect to pay?

What are long-term complications? Will you have to be in a wheelchair at 45?

How much can I expect to pay?

What are long-term complications? Will you have to be in a wheelchair at 45?
Roughly 100k per surgery not including housing/food obviously. You should have more saved up because you should never spend your last dime on cosmetic surgery lol, but 100k is the standard price in the US with a top doc, including PT and x-rays and shit.

Long-term complications are muscle tightness mainly. I haven't hit my 40's so idk what will happen, but I'm guessing if I don't keep stretching through my 30's I'll develop arthritis and other orthopedic issues. If you commit to stretching over the years I'm guessing the long-term complications nearly disappear.

• +1
Reactions: Fgsfds, Preoximerianas, Real and 2 others
would you suggest tibia or femur if a person only wants 6cm+?

femur first always
is it any helpful to be on muscular before surgery? like squatting really high amount of weights etc.

also what was the strecthing time after LL? some say 2-3 hours strecthing wtf?

is it any helpful to be on muscular before surgery? like squatting really high amount of weights etc.

also what was the strecthing time after LL? some say 2-3 hours strecthing wtf?
If you stretch 45 min a day you're ahead of most people, stretching is boring af. If you get to 1.5 hours a day, your recovery will be easy.

How much muscle to have is unclear. I think having more is good because it will atrophy pretty quickly.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30432, SubhumanCurrycel, Preoximerianas and 1 other person
Roughly 100k per surgery not including housing/food obviously. You should have more saved up because you should never spend your last dime on cosmetic surgery lol, but 100k is the standard price in the US with a top doc, including PT and x-rays and shit.

Long-term complications are muscle tightness mainly. I haven't hit my 40's so idk what will happen, but I'm guessing if I don't keep stretching through my 30's I'll develop arthritis and other orthopedic issues. If you commit to stretching over the years I'm guessing the long-term complications nearly disappear.
Ty for answering. Any significant changes in how people perceive you now?

Ty for answering. Any significant changes in how people perceive you now?
Hard to say, I don't interact with many new people to really be able to determine. I'm also limping around and take a cane outdoors with me, so any perception change (after the 2nd LL) is confounded by the handicap status variable.

After the 1st LL (5'7.5 to 5'10.5), I guess strangers are less likely to get impatient or annoyed with me. That's the main change I've noticed in general with L improvement in terms of "treatment".

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: losthope, Fgsfds, alriodai and 3 others
Did you experience a lot of pain?

Did you experience a lot of pain?
ya, femurs were worse than Tibias during lengthening imo. The first month was filled with lots of aches and I had to take a painkiller nearly every day. After maybe 2 months with femurs, and maybe 2 weeks for Tibias, I didn't need painkillers to just chill in bed without being in pain.

PT can also be painful, and learning to walk again is also painful.

There shouldn't be any pain that would cause screaming or crying or constant moaning.

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas and HQNPmaxxing
How are your proportions now your leg length must look significantly disproportionate to your arm length considering you have increased height by like 16 cm which is like 6 inches

How are your proportions now your leg length must look significantly disproportionate to your arm length considering you have increased height by like 16 cm which is like 6 inches
15 cm. I've also increased my skull size and will soon get delt implants. So neither of those is too small. My sitting height is 95 cm, perfectly normal. Wingspan is 174 cm, so over a 10 cm difference. It looks short to me but other people don't notice. You see guys with +5 inch wingspans without noticing, so the reverse likely wouldn't make you notice either. Granted people usually have positive ape indexes, but whatever, it's normal looking/nobody notices.

• +1
Reactions: Fgsfds, delusionalretard, LastHopeForNorman and 4 others
can you comfortably run at full speed

• +1
Reactions: BrownBoy
Can you run the same as before after the femur lengthening? Be honest please

Whats your opinion about dr. Halil Buldu?

Can you please take a video of the scar on your legs and say your username so we know you are legit?
My lower leg was shaved for an ankle screw removal surgery (there are two removals for tibia LL, ankle screw removal about 6 months post, and rod removal at 1 year).

Attachments

• IMG_2520.mp4
    8.7 MB
  • +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: subanimal, fvolkek, Deleted member 7098 and 7 others
Can you run the same as before after the femur lengthening? Be honest please
No, but having disproportionately long femurs alters biomechanics.
Regarding full speed, close to it I guess at 2-2.5 years post. Probably slow though.

Whats your opinion about dr. Halil Buldu?
Probably fine, similar to Giotikas. I wouldn't recommend any non-US surgeon though,

mirin your dedication

whats your PSL? Why do you do all this? Just want to get girls or were you bullied viciosuly as a kid?
do you feel "strong" and "stable" on your legs after the surgeries? how tall will you be in the end? how did your family/friends react? (if you have any)

my family is going crazy over bimax, lmao

• +1
Reactions: subanimal, Preoximerianas and ifyouwannabemylover
mirin your dedication

whats your PSL? Why do you do all this? Just want to get girls or were you bullied viciosuly as a kid?
do you feel "strong" and "stable" on your legs after the surgeries? how tall will you be in the end? how did your family/friends react? (if you have any)

Hard to say, my face is still changing lol. I'm still swollen and have a final surgery lined up for this month. I'm hoping to hit 6.5/10 reddit trm/old school psl rating (maybe 5.5/8 on the current scale?). I mainly do it because I have a specific type of girl which means my options are limited and I need to hit on a high % of my opportunities in online dating. I was bullied quite badly as a kid too, but it's Freudian whether that caused me to do all this shit to myself lol.

I'll be 6'1.67 after my skull reshaping implant, though I will measure after so we'll see. I felt perfectly stable after femurs, and am regaining stability with tibias now. My family mostly discourages this shit or mocks it. My parents did pay for roughly my first 200k of cosmetic surgery.

If they're not paying, best to not tell parents what you're doing. They never understand and they can only be a thorn about it.

• +1
  • Woah
  • Hmm...
Reactions: subanimal, sub6manletnozygos, Fgsfds and 12 others
what made you feel you needed more LL after the first one

Hard to say, my face is still changing lol. I'm still swollen and have a final surgery lined up for this month. I'm hoping to hit 6.5/10 reddit trm/old school psl rating (maybe 5.5/8 on the current scale?). I mainly do it because I have a specific type of girl which means my options are limited and I need to hit on a high % of my opportunities in online dating. I was bullied quite badly as a kid too, but it's Freudian whether that caused me to do all this shit to myself lol.

I'll be 6'1.67 after my skull reshaping implant, though I will measure after so we'll see. I felt perfectly stable after femurs, and am regaining stability with tibias now. My family mostly discourages this shit or mocks it. My parents did pay for roughly my first 200k of cosmetic surgery.

If they're not paying, best to not tell parents what you're doing. They never understand and they can only be a thorn about it.
How old were you when you got your femurs done?
Was the pain and agony worth it?
I am thinking of LL surgery as I am a 6'1 manlet. Nowadays you need to be 6'3+ to be seen as above average. 6'5+ to be considered 'tall'.

• JFL
Reactions: ApolloianApotheosis, Vasco-v2 and bignosesmallchin
My lower leg was shaved for an ankle screw removal surgery (there are two removals for tibia LL, ankle screw removal about 6 months post, and rod removal at 1 year).
I have the utmost respect for you, you are a true looksmaxxer.

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas
mirin your dedication

Can you pm your bimax before after?

what made you feel you needed more LL after the first one
5'10.5 isn't particularly tall and I wanted more of a boost in dating.

How old were you when you got your femurs done?
Was the pain and agony worth it?
I am thinking of LL surgery as I am a 6'1 manlet. Nowadays you need to be 6'3+ to be seen as above average. 6'5+ to be considered 'tall'.
Yes.
Worth it imo, at 6'4 you will start compensating for facial flaws with height.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: losthope, sub6manletnozygos, Deleted member 21700 and 3 others
I'm curious as to what specific type of girl you seek to attract, both in terms of her ideal looks and character/personality.

I'm curious as to what specific type of girl you seek to attract, both in terms of her ideal looks and character/personality.
A tall thick facially cute (wide ipd, soft face) white/asian I suppose. I prefer 110+ iq but I'll take 105-110 lol. Otherwise, I like girls who aren't too into any subculture, and who don't take themselves too seriously. Indie/girl next door types I suppose.

• +1
Reactions: to be human, Vasco-v2, Deleted member 7098 and 3 others
My parents did pay for roughly my first 200k of cosmetic surgery.
Mirin
People should only have children if they can afford to fix any genetic failing they end up with

• +1
Reactions: Vasco-v2, alriodai, Kyff and 4 others
please share a video of your walk or run after your first surgery if you got. and describe how normal was that after months (like 4 months/6/8/12 months after surgery)
i need to be able to walk in 6 months at least without anyone noticing something wrong with me. i'm just tryin to understand if that's possible.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: TuaMammaAPecorina, Ryan, Preoximerianas and 2 others
was it worth it?
also how did you/your parents get the money

please share a video of your walk or run after your first surgery if you got. and describe how normal was that after months (like 4 months/6/8/12 months after surgery)
i need to be able to walk in 6 months at least without anyone noticing something wrong with me. i'm just tryin to understand if that's possible.
I actually didn't take any videos of me walking lol.
If you do like 6 cm femur I guess you can aim for 6 months. The smarter thing would be to give yourself more time and just get 8 cm. And if it's not too hellacious for you, get tibia LL in the future if you're not getting tons of dating success post femur LL.

7.3 cm with Precise 2:
4 months - wheelchair
6 months - starting to walk, huge limp/barely standing/can't bend
8 months - walking with a limp but not insane looking
12 months - walking with a very subtle limp.

• +1
  • Woah
  • WTF
Reactions: SOS-Sonic, Preoximerianas, Danish_Retard and 2 others
was it worth it?
also how did you/your parents get the money
Yes it was obviously worth it lol. My parents are top 1% wealth and I'm a successful engineer myself.

• +1
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman, zeke714, SOS-Sonic and 3 others
If you do like 6 cm femur I guess you can aim for 6 months. The smarter thing would be to give yourself more time and just get 8 cm. And if it's not too hellacious for you, get tibia LL in the future if you're not getting tons of dating success post femur LL.

7.3 cm with Precise 2:
4 months - wheelchair
which new tecnique do you suggest? precise 2 or are there any better solution now for femur?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member
and what exactly did change?
I'm taller, that's self-justifying lol. If I don't reap benefit from being taller it's due to extreme aspieness/behavioral flaws.

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas and .👽.
which new tecnique do you suggest? precise 2 or are there any better solution now for femur?
Stryde won't return until god knows when, just go with precice 2.

If you lift how bad has it fucked up your gym life?

If you lift how bad has it fucked up your gym life?
I never gym-maxxed much, and when I do, I don't do the compound barbell lifts. Obviously any squat motion will be more difficult than before due to tightness.

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas

7.3 cm with Precise 2:
4 months - wheelchair
Fucking hell - 4 months with wheelchair? That's a lot of time man, I guess you had a lot of cm so kinda makes sense.

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas and Deleted member
So shit that Stryde got recalled. Being in a wheelchair for 4 months is honestly my personal hell. :feelswhy:

Stryde won't return until god knows when, just go with precice 2.
if stryde return, that means i have no longer be in wheelchair since it can bear the weight right?

bc1qxy2kgdygjrsqtzq2n0yrf2493p83kkfjhx0wlh

rich boy eh? Send $$ or 🧢

• JFL
Reactions: ApolloianApotheosis, HighTierNormie, Preoximerianas and 2 others
How did your friends/ relatives respond when you told you wanted LL and after you have done it.
Would you say in hindsight it was worth it?
Did you get more female attention or noticed anything else?

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas and Chadethnic101
if stryde return, that means i have no longer be in wheelchair since it can bear the weight right?
Yes but stryde nails are not gonna come back for the next 5 years probably since they need FDA approval and a shit ton of testing

• Woah
Reactions: randomvanish
Thanks so much for this AMA, Legend

Why did you choose Delt-Implants instead of Clavicle lengthening?

I have another thread that's stickied at the top. Looks like it's getting a lot of LL questions, so may as well start a new one devoted to LL. I had femurs done with Paley in 2015, gained 7.3 cm or so. I had tibias done this year with Mahboubian, gained 7.5 cm (well above recommend limit). I'm nearly 8 months post and walking with a limp, which I expect to disappear within a few months, as I improve every week.

As for doc recommendations, I honestly prefer Mahboubian. Paley has so many patients that certain things like x-ray issues will sometimes escape his attention. The worst example would be pre-consolidation. This didn't happen to me but I read about it on the LL forum. Paley is a fine option compared to anyone overseas though lol. There's also Assayag in Baltimore who I hear is good and attentive.

Please browse the sticky (you can control-F "LL") to see if questions were already answered there, though I'll try my best to answer all q's here as well.
Whatvwas the cost of each procedure? And what was your starting height and what's your height now?

Trying to gauge if it's something realistic financially

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member
Will you be able to train legs in the gym anymore?

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
Why are you so sceptical of cheap Turkish LL surgeons? They also have much experience yet cost a fraction of the big name brands like Paley or Betz

Also, thoughts on Dr Giotikas from Athens?