OHP mogs Bench Press for Aesthetics

D

Deleted member 2268

Kraken

Bideltoid width and developed shoulders are seen as markers of masculinity and virility in men. Focus on OHP and building side delts for aesthetics.

@softlysoftly @JFLateating @TrestIsBest

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel, softlysoftly, Orc and 3 others
true but you should do both anyway

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois
Jason blaha is a meme in human form

true but you should do both anyway
Put more emphasis on OHP. Tons of bros are obsessed with getting a huge bench, but OHP is what builds a better physique

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel, Deleted member 3672 and Deleted member 19453
over if you cant ohp 225

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel and Deleted member 23778
  • +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
Legit, but lat training is even more legit for width than delt training

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2268
Legit, but lat training is even more legit for width than delt training
This is true but lats make you look wide from the back. Side delts make you look wide from the front. Since you are usually facing people front on, having huge side delts is what gives the wide bideltoid look

Yeah ik but some of his videos are good
Bro he’s fucking autistic also ohp and benching alot together will put more stress on shoulders this is why powerlifters don’t do them together for the risk of injuries

Bro he’s fucking autistic also ohp and benching alot together will put more stress on shoulders this is why powerlifters don’t do them together for the risk of injuries
Thats why I said focus on OHP

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23778
I do OHP and lateral raises every workout routine. (3x per week)

OHP is my fav exercise and also the one in which I achieved the most mogger stats. (62.5kg 3x8 working weight)

trying to get back to my pb

• +1
I do OHP and lateral raises every workout routine. (3x per week)

OHP is my fav exercise and also the one in which I achieved the most mogger stats. (62.5kg 3x8 working weight)

trying to get back to my pb
Nice bro

Bench press was brutal on my shoulders. I replaced it for lowestpossible-incline dumbell press + flys (top to down).

i find the slight incline makes it much easier on my shoulders.

I do OHP instead of bench

• Love it
  • +1
Ohp spamming will Cause injuries the lateral raises is A better alternative
No reason why it should unless you're training like an idiot

45 to 75 degree incline is where it's at

I used to be a big fan of ohp but it's too hard to overload. arnold dumbell press & isolating on machines were better for progress.

Put more emphasis on OHP. Tons of bros are obsessed with getting a huge bench, but OHP is what builds a better physique
Legit, me and my friends follow a program where on pushdays you rotate with 5x5 bench and 3x8-12 OHP to 5x5 OHP and 3x8-12 bench.

And they all skip 5x5 OHP and and half ass it, and their delts are super underdeveloped and I aesthetic mog them to oblivion, simply because they have a bro mindset that you need to bench bench bench bench.

• +1
OHP compress spine and makes you shorter

• JFL
Reactions: smoothsexy, klamus, Deleted member 2268 and 1 other person
dumbell bench press >> bench press for aesthetics

• +1
I do 8 reps with 50kg ohp

If you want to grow your shoulders for aesthetic do crucifix cable flys.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Deleted member 2268
OHP is the G movement but it's so hard to add weight on that shit, or increase the reps at the same weight too.

Should I increase the number of sets every week for progressive overload? @decadouche57

OHP is the G movement but it's so hard to add weight on that shit, or increase the reps at the same weight too.

Should I increase the number of sets every week for progressive overload? @decadouche57
Increase the reps per set. Adding weight can cause injuries

• +1
Legit, me and my friends follow a program where on pushdays you rotate with 5x5 bench and 3x8-12 OHP to 5x5 OHP and 3x8-12 bench.

And they all skip 5x5 OHP and and half ass it, and their delts are super underdeveloped and I aesthetic mog them to oblivion, simply because they have a bro mindset that you need to bench bench bench bench.
Classic gym bro mentality lol

Turks have shit clavicle genetics anyways (I'm Turk but got lucky in that shit thankfully)

Shoulders respond to volume more than increased poundage. They're not very large muscles so you need to do more reps than weight.

I got to a point where I was doing standing OHP for 17 reps at 135 lbs (weighed 180 at the time)

• +1
Shoulders respond to volume more than increased poundage. They're not very large muscles so you need to do more reps than weight.

I got to a point where I was doing standing OHP for 17 reps at 135 lbs (weighed 180 at the time)
Increase the reps per set. Adding weight can cause injuries
When I do 4 sets, I usually get like 12-12-10-8 and got stuck there for a few weeks. Total reps has not increased. That's why I asked if I should add new sets with the same weight to get more volume in

When I do 4 sets, I usually get like 12-12-10-8 and got stuck there for a few weeks. Total reps has not increased. That's why I asked if I should add new sets with the same weight to get more volume in
Deload, or change order of sets (do high to low instead of low to high), change rep range (do 15 with a lighter weight for a few weeks), switch to DBs for a while, etc. Lot of different options

OHP is literally beautiful ngl

• +1
Reactions: Orc and Deleted member 23778
wtf is he doing in the vid is he making bullets

Bideltoid width and developed shoulders are seen as markers of masculinity and virility in men. Focus on OHP and building side delts for aesthetics.

@softlysoftly @JFLateating @TrestIsBest

If you don’t have a very wide frame as in my case then the dramatic shoulder improvements from anabokics are so important

Handstand push-ups mog unless you are gifted enough to really need to have more than your body weight in a vertical press.

Dunno if these vertical presses alone are enough to build a minimum acceptable chest.

I’d always start with vertical presses and finish with horizontal: shoulders and upper chest are far more important than lower chest.

all you get from a huge bench is a rotator cuff injury.

• +1
Are you going to failure on the first set?

30 degree incline db press mogs both

My shoulder routine is

Overhead press 2x10
Lateral raises 4x15
Reverse flyes 2x12

I do this workout twice per week

• +1
My shoulder routine is

Overhead press 2x10
Lateral raises 4x15
Reverse flyes 2x12

I do this workout twice per week
Why do you do reverse flies

• +1
Reactions: Prettyboy
Why do you do reverse flies
I never really feel the muscle connection while doing other rear delts exercises. In face pulls I always feel just my back doing the majority of the work

• +1
I never really feel the muscle connection while doing other rear delts exercises. In face pulls I always feel just my back doing the majority of the work
Gotcha I do face pulls for rear delts. You have a good natty physique btw