Raising HYOID BONE

Never thought about it in terms of lift, but I think any advancement of the hyoid bone would lift it, because of the biomechanics of all the muscles there. I don't know of any procedure designed to lift the bone in an isolated way, without advancing it.

This list includes procedures such as genioglossus advancement, genioplasties with a high osteotomy that includes the genial tubercules (the insertion points of some muscles) and also movements produced in BSSO with forward movement, IMDO (and mandibular rami distraction technique, by means of autorrotation).... not forgetting Le Fort with impaction, also by means of autorrotation of the mandible.

We could say that forward movement equals hyoid lift.
What is in your opinion the best technique for genioplasty?

Lifefuel I tried that jaw excercise thinking it’s cope but I actually felt it working and everything felt tight

• Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4946, Usum, Deleted member 3162 and 1 other person
Lifefuel I tried that jaw excercise thinking it’s cope but I actually felt it working and everything felt tight

confirmed, i feel my jaw more defined after trying this. lifefuel ngl

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: SteveRogers, Usum and Deleted member 3162
confirmed, i feel my jaw more defined after trying this. lifefuel ngl
i can see after a few months of this how it can strengthen and bring the hyoid up inb4 cope

• +1
Reactions: Lihito and MogTheMogger
What is in your opinion the best technique for genioplasty?

Sorry, I missed this one.

It really depends on each person, on the lower lip, labiomental fold, decision of the patient to plan a plate removal and reshaping... I suggest a two-stage procedure that allow to remove plates and screws and recontour a bit. Either a box genioplasty or a chin shield genioplasty (like a “sort” chin wing) would be my recommendation.

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262 and forwardgrowth
Why would strengthening or working a muscle make it tighter? I've never understood this logic.
same - wouldn't it make it bigger?

I don't think the idea here is to hypertrophize the actual muscle (make it bigger), but to increase it's resting contraction state (aka tone*) to pull the hyoid up. So yeah it's plausible.

*The actual meaning of muscle tone is a neurological phenomenon where the muscle retains a partial contraction even at rest, and training a muscle increases it's tone.

• +1
Reactions: nobodyspecial369, AsGoodAsItGets, SteveRogers and 1 other person
2. High-speed-jaw-opening exercise credits: @honkhonkpatna (Just because he posted it first)
  • This study original purpose was to improve swallowing,[ISPOILER] so for the gay NI🅱🅱AS that like to swallow, good for you.[/ISPOILER]​
  • Anyways, even tho this was tested on old people (age 74.0±5.7) I can imagine this also be working on youncels and being very effective for people with really bad hyoid bone. Through this exercise of the mandible movement this contributes to muscle hypertrophy and improves muscle tone, especially of the mylohyoid muscle wich is connected to the hyoid bone wich.​
  • Exercise: The exercise schedule consisted of 3 sets of 20 repetitions each of rapid and maximum jaw-opening movement with a 10-second interval between sets. The exercise was performed twice daily for 4 weeks.
  • Result: There was a significant increase in the vertical position of the hyoid bone at rest.
  • Furthermore, during swallowing, the elevation of the hyoid bone and the velocity of its movement and esophageal sphincter opening increased significantly while the duration of the hyoid elevation and the pharyngeal transit time reduced significantly.

Getting a pop on my left side when performing the exercise. Any heavy-chewer familiar with this? I assume it may due to heavy/incorrect chewing or a muscle imbalance from keeping gum mostly in my right side (can't find hard gum like Mastic or Falim, so it's difficult to correct).

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4946
No real thread about this so here we go.

1. Mewing
  • I think I don't really have to mention it​
  • Just put your tongue on the roof of your moth -> Profit
2. High-speed-jaw-opening exercise credits: @honkhonkpatna (Just because he posted it first)
  • This study original purpose was to improve swallowing,[ISPOILER] so for the gay NI🅱🅱AS that like to swallow, good for you.[/ISPOILER]​
  • Anyways, even tho this was tested on old people (age 74.0±5.7) I can imagine this also be working on youncels and being very effective for people with really bad hyoid bone. Through this exercise of the mandible movement this contributes to muscle hypertrophy and improves muscle tone, especially of the mylohyoid muscle wich is connected to the hyoid bone wich.​
  • Exercise: The exercise schedule consisted of 3 sets of 20 repetitions each of rapid and maximum jaw-opening movement with a 10-second interval between sets. The exercise was performed twice daily for 4 weeks.
  • Result: There was a significant increase in the vertical position of the hyoid bone at rest.
  • Furthermore, during swallowing, the elevation of the hyoid bone and the velocity of its movement and esophageal sphincter opening increased significantly while the duration of the hyoid elevation and the pharyngeal transit time reduced significantly.

3. Stretching (Don't know if this works)
  • I don't think there is a study on this but i can clearly see this working
  • Exercise: Tongue on the roof of your mouth, hardcore smiling, hold swallow and stretch your head upwards and you should feel thee tension in your neck.

• That's the only exercise i have done and I think my hyoid bone actually did go higher but mine was already pretty insane

1. Mewing

• Exercise: Tongue on the roof of your mouth, hardcore smiling, hold swallow and stretch your head upwards and you should feel thee tension in your neck.

• That's the only exercise i have done and I think my hyoid bone actually did go higher but mine was already pretty insane

Good thread. There also many related studies which show a statistical improvement of facial definition and aesthetics from facial exercises. I'm assuming you researched these also maybe - what do think the best exercise for the zygomaticus major is (cheekbones).

Getting a pop on my left side when performing the exercise. Any heavy-chewer familiar with this? I assume it may due to heavy/incorrect chewing or a muscle imbalance from keeping gum mostly in my right side (can't find hard gum like Mastic or Falim, so it's difficult to correct).
I had a few cracks at first but overtime they disappear once balance is restored.
Don't forget muscles play a huge role in the face too... including for the harmony.
Some jackasses would go for surgery when some (minor) issues can be solved "softly"... the ambient laziness of our consumers' minds.

• +1
Reactions: nobodyspecial369 and AsGoodAsItGets
I had a few cracks at first but overtime they disappear once balance is restored.
Don't forget muscles play a huge role in the face too... including for the harmony.
Some jackasses would go for surgery when some (minor) issues can be solved "softly"... the ambient laziness of our consumers' minds.
You have any idea what muscle I will need to strengthen and how? Assuming it's the masseter with chewing..

Anyways when stretching/diagonally performing the exercise for a few reps I can do the "real" exercise without a pop for a short bit before the pop returns.

When i was doing neck stretches, i've had high positioned hyoid. As soon as i stopped doing it, my hyoid became low as fuck

so this is legit

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers and Usum

I perform the rapid jaw opening exercises daily and they work (pic somewhat related)

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Birdcell and AsGoodAsItGets
unfortunately I don't think that I have noticed a difference yet,
You didn't because these things don't work you coping faggot. Margot Robbie is blessed with good genetics. JFL keep doing those shit exercises meanwhile your oneitis is swallowing that Chad semen.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 20327, Birdcell and some1h0peless
You didn't because these things don't work you coping faggot. Margot Robbie is blessed with good genetics. JFL keep doing those shit exercises meanwhile your oneitis is swallowing that Chad semen.
Does work jfl, there are like 40 users (including me) who have reported results of such exercises on a number of threads

• +1
Reactions: UnseasonedChicken, Usum, GigaAscender and 1 other person
171019 25 200x300

• JFL
Reactions: Usum
Won't that frequent jaw opening fuck up your madnibular joints?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4946 and rand anon
This might actually work, half a year ago I had no problem swallowing pills without drinking water; now even small one can cause problems

1. Mewing

lmao at that asian mans head shape

Bimax won't do it?!

how much difference does a high hyoid bone makes?
never heard about it

how much difference does a high hyoid bone makes?
never heard about it
Big difference, it’s basically what makes the skin stick to the jawline and gives it a more crisp defined look. It’s necessary for a good profile

• +1
Reactions: Usum, 5'8manlet, Deleted member 5393 and 1 other person
Life fuel for bonecels

Can someone review this? Does high-speed jaw opening and stretching work?

never really cared for hyoid because when im lean i have a well defined jaw but its not vacuum tight tier so i might softmax this tbh

tbh this is ideal for me because i had surgery where they cut off some of my hyoid so i should probs strengthen that shii

Last edited:
Screenshot 20210110 190106

• +1
Reactions: GigaAscender

1. Mewing

Hey, how long did you do the stretching part and for what duration?

1. Mewing

Hey sick find man. How long did you do the stretches tho, duration of each workout x reps x sets? as well as time frame (months, weeks). Thanks!

Fom hu to subhu

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Usum and OOGABOOGA
The magnumworkshop.com recommends consciously flexing the stylohyoids to raise the hyoid bone.
Screenshot 2021 06 23 at 12 26 34 How to Get Rid of Neck Fat The Hyoid Bone Magnum Workshop

I've noticed that it does make my side profile appear better, with a more defined jawline. However, is there evidence that it's going to raise the hyoid bone on the long term? Because focusing on flexing that muscle constantly is a little annoying. Or is this a short-term solution?

I've noticed that it does make my side profile appear better, with a more defined jawline.
:feelsuhh::feelsuhh::feelsuhh:
of course it does that lol
and no theres no evidence it stays like that or that you can train that shit

• +1
Reactions: Racky

1. Mewing

Mirin effort and actual looksmaxing on this forum , do you have any pics of models where this bone is seen and can it benefit other things

Wonder if I did the mouth opening exercise with my head upside down if that would make the muscles stronger because gravity is providing more resistance.

Wonder if I did the mouth opening exercise with my head upside down if that would make the muscles stronger because gravity is providing more resistance.
Well, you have resistance to close jaw, and upside down to open it. Muscles will be trained either way, but maybe a bit different.
@a30 maybe you dfind something useful in this thread.

• Woah
Reactions: a30
How do I know if I have a high/prominent hyoid bone and I don't need to do this?

• +1
Reactions: rand anon
I do this while looking up, and you can see a difference in the height of your hyoid instantly.

That jaw exercise makes my TMJ grind like fuck... Guessing that's not meant to happen

1. Mewing

caution with the jaw opening exercises, they give me TMJ symptoms

Also, judging by the several posts above me describing TMJ symptoms, be careful y'all with this, u risk TMJ

Last edited:

1. Mewing

how this water is in the botb, stretching is a joke, you apply infinetely more action in the area talking, chewing, swaolling and etc.
Mewing theres thousand of thread about it. High-speed-jaw-opening exercise wasnt even the op who bring it, and is a exercise that theres no proof it will work in a healthy young person with decent hyoid. No one will do this shit consistently without any evidence that will work, lets be honest.