Ranking Over 50 Male/Unisex Fragrances from Best to Worst

Reflection Man is comprised of BEAUTIFUL white florals. Never knew something could smell so good and opulent to be fair.
Jubilation is very complex, I don't even know how to describe it.
So freshish? Masculine? Feminine? I personally like unisex leaning masc frags

Yep i do get some
But i totally anderstand that you may not like it
Its kinda niche. You need the proper "character" to wear it
I can definitely see that.

• +1
Reactions: mathis
Will this make me get foids? (Its so over)
Your face, phenotype and body build determine that.
Oajan is FABULOUS though! WOW!

• So Sad
Reactions: beniman
Glad to have you back bro!

Also good thread

• +1
Reactions: enchanted_elixir
There’s a last fragrance i’d like your opinion on please
jpg le beau
Im thinking abt buying it for summer
What do you think ?
I've never smelled it so I can't say anything about it.

• +1
Reactions: mathis

View attachment 3045165

by @enchanted_elixir
Table of Contents
  • Introduction
  • Ranking

Introduction

I've smelled more than 50+ fragrances, and I come to present you the best smelling ones.
Many of them are niche fragrances, they're expensive. Also, the rank is according to my preferences.
Each of the fragrances will have a fragrantica link, where you can view detailed information on the fragrance, including the best seasons to wear them, the performance, the sillage, etc.

Also, feel free to ask me questions about any of these fragrances in the comments section below.

Ranking

S tier: "Holy f***ing moly, this smell is unbelievable! I never knew things could smell that good! DAMN!! This is otherworldly!!!"
A tier: "Wow, these smell absolutely amazing, I can't stop smelling it!!! This is half-way otherworldly! DAMN! "
B tier: "These smell great!'
C tier: "Meh..."
D & F Tier: "Below average or UGH!"
I've had about 20 out of all of these and I have to say that this ranking is pretty decent. First Naxos is good but it's appeal is obliterated by the musky notes even in old batches. Your top 3 are great but also have limited appeal due to their extremely oudy nature. The rest of your A tier is spot on. Narcotic delight and Side effect should also be added to A tier. Red Tobacco should be moved to fucking D tier that shit is woman repellant, instead try Triumph of Bacchus by Argos I dont really like it but its one of the most well-liked colognes in the community so try it ig. Greenley, Percival and Layton are all insane, although I believe that percival smells a bit like bug spray (older batches are better and maceration changes a lot), so I believe they should be moved to low A tier since Greenley smells a bit cheap but its really good. The rest I agree with. C tier is a pretty bad ranking imo, VIW and Aventus should be high in A tier and aventus cologne too even though you havent smelled it it seems. Torino 21 should be S tier no doubt, Amyris Homme A tier, Althair F tier shit smells so bad, the rest is good. But overall good list. If you need any reccomendations for S-Tier lmk since there is a fuck ton you havent smelled that you're missing out on.

• +1
I only wore a few fragrances. A&F Fierce, D&G Light Blue, Gucci Guilty, and some fragrances from Banana Republic. BR has great fragrances, you should try them.
A&F fierce is a better percival those are some good colognes just dont last long

• +1
Fuck yeah man

Blond amber and side effect are DELICOUS

Never tried ur top 3 tho, what are they like
Blonde Amber is fucking naxos on steroids shit is insane. Have you tried Rock Rose or Town and Country

• Love it
I've had about 20 out of all of these and I have to say that this ranking is pretty decent. First Naxos is good but it's appeal is obliterated by the musky notes even in old batches. Your top 3 are great but also have limited appeal due to their extremely oudy nature. The rest of your A tier is spot on. Narcotic delight and Side effect should also be added to A tier. Red Tobacco should be moved to fucking D tier that shit is woman repellant, instead try Triumph of Bacchus by Argos I dont really like it but its one of the most well-liked colognes in the community so try it ig. Greenley, Percival and Layton are all insane, although I believe that percival smells a bit like bug spray (older batches are better and maceration changes a lot), so I believe they should be moved to low A tier since Greenley smells a bit cheap but its really good. The rest I agree with. C tier is a pretty bad ranking imo, VIW and Aventus should be high in A tier and aventus cologne too even though you havent smelled it it seems. Torino 21 should be S tier no doubt, Amyris Homme A tier, Althair F tier shit smells so bad, the rest is good. But overall good list. If you need any reccomendations for S-Tier lmk since there is a fuck ton you havent smelled that you're missing out on.
I love this reply. Very detailed.

• +1
Reactions: sellatine
Red Tobacco has potential. I liked the smell, but it had a puke-like feeling to it. It smells like a good cologne that had rotting notes.

Also, S and A Tier are otherworldly, or half-otherworldly. I didn't find Side Effect to be otherworldly, like it didn't catch my attention, but it smelled nice. Same with Narcotic Delight. Don't get me wrong, they are amazing fragrances, better than anything I've tried, but they didn't make me to go "WOW!" like Reflection Man did.

Greenley, Percival, and Layton didn't wow me either, but they were good, so I put them in B tier.

Layton and Greenley is the best out of all of the PDMs in B Tier.

Also, for anyone lurking, Oud For Greatness, Oud for Greatness Neo and Haltane all smell similar, but OFG Neo and Haltane are more related compared to OFG Neo and Haltane are to OFG. OFG is darker and denser. OFG Neo and Haltane smell more aromatic, fresher, and more uplifting. You can check the note breakdown of you click the links.

Anyways. VIW has this strong lime note that isn't pleasing really. It should be like a lemon or orange or tangerine and should be toned down. I was hoping for it to smell more tropical, but it smells more like a citrus tropical than a fruity coconut tropical.

Aventus smells mature and the smell isn't above average to me.
Torino 21 didn't wow me or impress me with its smell, so C tier.
Amyris homme is good, nothing wowing or alluring so B tier.

Althair smells sweet as hell. Couldn't wear it.

Thanks!

Blonde Amber is fucking naxos on steroids shit is insane. Have you tried Rock Rose or Town and Country
I just looked at the note breakdown, this looks fantastic!
Might have to sample this!

Red Tobacco has potential. I liked the smell, but it had a puke-like feeling to it. It smells like a good cologne that had rotting notes.

Also, S and A Tier are otherworldly, or half-otherworldly. I didn't find Side Effect to be otherworldly, like it didn't catch my attention, but it smelled nice. Same with Narcotic Delight. Don't get me wrong, they are amazing fragrances, better than anything I've tried, but they didn't make me to go "WOW!" like Reflection Man did.

Greenley, Percival, and Layton didn't wow me either, but they were good, so I put them in B tier.

Layton and Greenley is the best out of all of the PDMs in B Tier.

Also, for anyone lurking, Oud For Greatness, Oud for Greatness Neo and Haltane all smell similar, but OFG Neo and Haltane are more related compared to OFG Neo and Haltane are to OFG. OFG is darker and denser. OFG Neo and Haltane smell more aromatic, fresher, and more uplifting. You can check the note breakdown of you click the links.

Anyways. VIW has this strong lime note that isn't pleasing really. It should be like a lemon or orange or tangerine and should be toned down. I was hoping for it to smell more tropical, but it smells more like a citrus tropical than a fruity coconut tropical.

Aventus smells mature and the smell isn't above average to me.
Torino 21 didn't wow me or impress me with its smell, so C tier.
Amyris homme is good, nothing wowing or alluring so B tier.

Althair smells sweet as hell. Couldn't wear it.

Thanks!
Torino 21 may not wow you but its one of my most complimented colognes same with angels share. I think the 2 best fragrances of all time for me are sospiro vibrato (tygar duep but better still like 240$) and imagination by LV

• +1
Hey, I like florals, amber, vanilla (lightly), fruity notes, sandalwood, cedar, fir, aromatic, boozy, and warm spicy notes (like cinnamon).
Some subtle citruses or powdery is fine. Should smell slightly masculine.
I usually don't like fresh fragrances (unless its Elysium or Greenley). According to this and my list, what do you think I should sample.

Last edited:
@NumbThePain, can you discuss BOTB nomination or sticky for this thread with the moderation team?

Last edited:
Hey, I like florals, amber, vanilla (lightly), fruity notes, sandalwood, cedar, fir, aromatic, boozy, and warm spicy notes (like cinnamon). I usually don't like fresh fragrances (unless its Elysium or Greenley). According to this and my list, what do you think I should sample.
Give me an hour ill get back to you

• +1
Torino 21 may not wow you but its one of my most complimented colognes same with angels share. I think the 2 best fragrances of all time for me are sospiro vibrato (tygar duep but better still like 240$) and imagination by LV
Is it like a citrus gourmand? Could you describe the smell?

Nope never sampled but rock rose sounds really unique

I don't have it.
well you should. They decant stuff at half price compared to like micro perfumes and shit. Got angels share full bottle (real) for 100$ my greenley for 130$, etc.

• +1
Is it like a citrus gourmand? Could you describe the smell?
Imagination is really hard to describe, some people says it smells like soap but i dont really get that, its very citrus tho but its really nice. Also has won best mens frag for 3 years in a row on fragrantica

• +1
Anyone who knows a lot about fragrances that's active right now?

i noticed that ugly normies always focus on fragrances and the gym
one nigger i knew showed me his whole collection, he spend over 500$, minimum
he was a sub5 manlet, around 5,5, recessed jaw, pale, shit skin quality
you fag fragrances can be counted as a hobby and its not a bad one at all

• +1
What about Bleu de Chanel? that's my main fragrance

Last edited:
I haven't smelt that fragrance in a very long time.
it's kinda outdated? It's very difficult to get niche fragrances since i live in a underdeveloped country (Brazil), but i'm planning to get some amouage that u recommended

it's kinda outdated? It's very difficult to get niche fragrances since i live in a underdeveloped country (Brazil), but i'm planning to get some amouage that u recommended
You can't get it shipped to Brazil? Can't you go to Sao Paulo or Rio and find a neiman marcus or sephora and sample?
Or is there too much theft for those stores to exist?

I highly discourage you from blind buying. Although I and some others think this is a solid list, I don't think you should blind buy.

You can't get it shipped to Brazil? Can't you go to Sao Paulo or Rio and find a neiman marcus or sephora and sample?
Or is there too much theft for those stores to exist?
I live in a major city (2 - 5 milion population), there are Sephora, but they only sell designers (Chanel, Dior, Tom Ford, etc)
Talking about the theft, there are some luxury stores here, they aren't there not because of theft, but because the market is not so big, rich people can go to São Paulo or Rio to buy something.
Niche Fragrances are triple the price here in Brazil, but we can buy it online.
I'm planning to go to São Paulo and i will test some fragances in niche stores that are there, or i'll buy a decant (U$4-12 for a 5ml sample of a niche fragance)

• +1
I live in a major city (2 - 5 milion population), there are Sephora, but they only sell designers (Chanel, Dior, Tom Ford, etc)
Talking about the theft, there are some luxury stores here, they aren't there not because of theft, but because the market is not so big, rich people can go to São Paulo or Rio to buy something.
Niche Fragrances are triple the price here in Brazil, but we can buy it online.
I'm planning to go to São Paulo and i will test some fragances in niche stores that are there, or i'll buy a decant (U$4-12 for a 5ml sample of a niche fragance)
Try Neiman Marcus. That's where I did my testing.

View attachment 3045165

by @enchanted_elixir
Table of Contents
  • Introduction
  • Ranking

Introduction

I've smelled more than 50+ fragrances, and I come to present you the best smelling ones.
Many of them are niche fragrances, they're expensive. Also, the rank is according to my preferences.
Each of the fragrances will have a fragrantica link, where you can view detailed information on the fragrance, including the best seasons to wear them, the performance, the sillage, etc.

Also, feel free to ask me questions about any of these fragrances in the comments section below.

Ranking

S tier: "Holy f***ing moly, this smell is unbelievable! I never knew things could smell that good! DAMN!! This is otherworldly!!!"
A tier: "Wow, these smell absolutely amazing, I can't stop smelling it!!! This is half-way otherworldly! DAMN! "
B tier: "These smell great!'
C tier: "Meh..."
D & F Tier: "Below average or UGH!"
red tobacco in the winter is absolutely beautiful get ur shit of notino if in eu bare offers and deals

• +1
Mancera Cedrat Boise is good for the female gaze

Also do you think pheromones work or is it cope?

What about Bleu de Chanel? that's my main fragrance
sub human pick its very common and really not that appealing

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: rubberduck and enchanted_elixir
Mancera Cedrat Boise is good for the female gaze

Also do you think pheromones work or is it cope?
cedar boise is very average and not at all female gaze, if you want a real female gaze which is 100% guaranteed and this is with real life tests its khamra by lattafa, its so powerful and so sweet ive barely gotten compliments on other fragrances but this one gets me a lot.

• +1
Reactions: cyprian_tomaszewski, enchanted_elixir and rolex