Removing Custom Jaw Angle Implant

C

crystalcastles555

Iron
I've made peace with removing my jaw angle implant. In June 2023, I got a customized medpor jaw angle implant (5mm in width with a slight dropdown). Ever since then, I feel it has been too bulky from the front. The side profile is objectively better, but I don't really care much about that. I've done quite possibly everything to slim it, including weight loss, buccal fat removal, buccinator myectomy, and perioral fat liposuction, but all were very limited. In March 2024, my surgeon shaved a few mm of my mid-mandible and part of the implant, along with a minor neck lift to reduce sagging, however, after 7 months, I still feel like it's too bulky. I prefer the less defined yet slimmer look of a triangular face than a square look. As someone who's almost 31, I'm tired of the process and would like it removed. Obviously, there's been a lot of money poured into this, but the waste of money really doesn't bother me, in all honesty. I tried and realized an implant just won't give me the angular look I thought I could get.

I also got a lip lift and rhinoplasty 4 months ago, so that's why I look different beyond the jaw.

Attachments

• IMG_5810.jpeg
    IMG_5810.jpeg
    361.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5809.jpeg
    IMG_5809.jpeg
    230.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5803.jpeg
    IMG_5803.jpeg
    193.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5804.jpeg
    IMG_5804.jpeg
    693.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5785.jpeg
    IMG_5785.jpeg
    822.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5788.jpeg
    IMG_5788.jpeg
    275.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5791.jpeg
    IMG_5791.jpeg
    423.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5790.jpeg
    IMG_5790.jpeg
    451.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5793.jpeg
    IMG_5793.jpeg
    336.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5792.jpeg
    IMG_5792.jpeg
    558.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5784.jpeg
    IMG_5784.jpeg
    160.4 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: sb23 and NZb6Air
Always the greycels who surgerymaxx. Less talking more action. So fucking based.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: MA_ascender, ey88 and NZb6Air
What did u expect? also why no osteotomy?

• +1
Reactions: ey88 and sb23
You seem super knowledgeable in terms of surgeries. Where does your knowledge mainly come from? Forum?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: NZb6Air and ey88
You seem super knowledgeable in terms of surgeries. Where does your knowledge mainly come from? Forum?
Yes I’m wondering this too? @NZb6Air

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: NZb6Air and sb23
I expected a more v-shaped jaw by slimming the area towards the chin and widening the posterior. While I suppose what I did helped, there is excessive fullness and a lack of significant definition. Also, the effectiveness of osteonomies are overblown and would at best give me very mild results, including a lot of downtime, since I didn’t have significant recession or deficiencies to begin with.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: NZb6Air and ey88
Many consultations with many doctors, plus I’ve also had many surgeries over the past 3 or 4 years. Some have been successful like my eyes, and some have not.. These forums are also helpful but sometimes they lack nuance and tend to parrot one or popular ideas on here without a firm understanding of what they’re actually talking about.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: sb23 and NZb6Air
I expected a more v-shaped jaw by slimming the area towards the chin and widening the posterior. While I suppose what I did helped, the excessive fullness and lack of significant definition. Also, the effectiveness of osteonomies are overblown and would at best give me very mild results, including a lot of downtime, since I didn’t have significant recession or deficiencies to begin with.
you don't think longer mandible would give better V?

Yes I’m wondering this too? @NZb6Air
buy calithe watch

• WTF
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: MA_ascender, sb23 and ey88
I expected a more v-shaped jaw by slimming the area towards the chin and widening the posterior. While I suppose what I did helped, there is excessive fullness and a lack of significant definition. Also, the effectiveness of osteonomies are overblown and would at best give me very mild results, including a lot of downtime, since I didn’t have significant recession or deficiencies to begin with.
post implant design

• +1
Reactions: Mr.Proper
Good job, I did the same with my jaw wraparound. Lip lift was a game changer for you by the way, looks great.

I agree it should be removed.
It has also made your mentolabial angle too deep from the side view.

Why would you get it removed? It looks good. You look like you have a high test natural chin, unlike alot of people who get surgery and I can tell they got it. If you want it to be a bit sharper just get really lean. But I wouldn't worry about it. It looks good.