Removing Eppley cheek implants

Win200

Win200

Bronze
Previous discussion of my procedures/results is in this thread: https://looksmax.org/threads/new-implant-result-guy-with-cheek-and-jaw-implant-from-dr-e.236061/

Link to the rendering of the implants is here:

Bottom line is Eppley placed custom malar/infraorbital rim implants in November 2020. Now that I've had nine months with them, I'm pretty firm on getting them removed. They're too big in almost every way--lateral projection, forward projection, infraorbital rim augmentation. The ogee curve they form looks, to me, completely unnatural. The tear trough augmentation is a bit convex, which looks puffy, and the entire mid-section of my face is just oversized. It's particularly pronounced when I smile and all my cheek tissue is bunched up on top of the implants. One of the worst parts is that the augmentation around the eye socket creates an unnatural "ringing" around the lower half of my eye, making the eyes look sunken (you see this in the pic below where I'm holding my phone).

I just don't feel like I look like myself; every other procedure, I always saw myself in the end result, but this created a look that doesn't feel like me and the little bit of dysmorphia is unnerving.

Open to comments, and not sure if I'm doing a remove and replace with a smaller implant, or just a removal. (I'm concerned about cheek sagging with removal due to the capsule around the implants.)

Attachments

• Me and Lucas (2).jpg
    Me and Lucas (2).jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,206
  • Me and Lucas(1).jpg
    Me and Lucas(1).jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 1,264
  • Profile 2.jpg
    Profile 2.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,263
  • Profile.jpg
    Profile.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,263
  • Pic.png
    Pic.png
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,259
  • Smile.JPG
    Smile.JPG
    10 KB · Views: 1,216
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: MTNAscension2, Kristin, NerdcelThundercok and 61 others
I'm ngl I think it looks good on you and I don't see the problem with the OGEE curve.

Make sure you don't think of looking natural as average. The average guy looks "natural" but he also looks like dogshit.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: pajeetmaxxing, BrahminBoss, Allornothing and 32 others
Those implants made you gay jfl

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: drop, auxnixxa4, blite and 69 others
very deep in uncanny valley rn, i think its bc of ur shit eye area, if u get that fixed the zygos would look more natural, maybe got orbital decompression whilst getting something to keep ur pfl/widen it (anything ideally to prevent ur pfl from getting any smaller from the od)

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Manletmachine, Allornothing, Deprived and 39 others
very deep in uncanny valley rn, i think its bc of ur shit eye area, if u get that fixed the zygos would look more natural, maybe got orbital decompression whilst getting something to keep ur pfl/widen it (anything ideally to prevent ur pfl from getting any smaller from the od)
The augmentation around the interior rim of the eye is, to me, really unnatural looking. Was way better prior to surgery. My eyes are actually very deepset so orbital decompression isn't a solution for me, but the forward augmentation just made them look more sunken and exacerbated the problem. I've always had UEE but am getting Restalyne layered in there, which really helps.

• +1
Reactions: AtlasTH
I'm ngl I think it looks good on you and I don't see the problem with the OGEE curve.

Make sure you don't think of looking natural as average. The average guy looks "natural" but he also looks like dogshit.
just look like a plastic doll theory

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: BrahminBoss, copemaxxeer, PrinceofDarkness and 18 others
yeah your assessment is spot on. Although I don't think the ogee curve looks unnatural.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member, LastHopeForNorman, Danish_Retard and 1 other person
Also, what's PFL?

• JFL
Reactions: BrahminBoss, spectacularpixlr and MadTwatter
yeah Iyour assessment is spot on. Although I don't think the ogee curve looks unnatural.
I do like some of the zygomatic augmentation, so an option would be to remove and replace with something more conservative, like this.

Eliminates any forward augmentation, stays away from the infraorbital rim, but adds high cheekbones. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Cheeks and Jaw 2.JPG
    Cheeks and Jaw 2.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,041
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member, JimmyDreamsOfZygos and ProAcktiv
from profile it looks absolutely gay, unnatural, bloated
i'd think it was botox injected there

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel, Hades, Mexicanboi and 2 others
Mostly eyes and lips tbh

Recommended you to fix your UEE last thread, @Win200 and I still believe it would help you signifigantly.
ezgif-2-8219e338addf.gif

These results are completely possible through just fillers. I've seen many insane results from Dr. Gal Aharonov

just look like a plastic doll theory
Doesn't look that bad to me tbh.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: lasnt, SubhumanCurrycel, DivineBeing and 13 others
Thoughts?
couldn't really tell you until it's actually placed in your face lol. But yeah definitely go for a smaller implant and I think avoiding the infraorbitals minimizes the risk of it looking uncanny. Maybe you can just get fillers there instead?

you look good but somehow gay. are you using makeup?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: poloralf, teenmax, shave and 2 others
Mostly eyes and lips tbh
View attachment 1243464

Recommended you to fix your UEE last thread, @Win200 and I still believe it would help you signifigantly.
ezgif-2-8219e338addf.gif

These results are completely possible through just fillers. I've seen many insane results from Dr. Gal Aharonov

Doesn't look that bad to me tbh.
I totally agree about the UEE. I'm in the process of having it augmented with Restalyne. Just doing a little bit every two weeks, letting it settle, then going back and doing more. Won't fix it 100% but it'll be a huge help.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
to me, only undereye area looks bad&unnatural. zygos are big,yes, but not bad on you.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member, Deleted member 5385, LastHopeForNorman and 1 other person
The augmentation around the interior rim of the eye is, to me, really unnatural looking. Was way better prior to surgery. My eyes are actually very deepset so orbital decompression isn't a solution for me, but the forward augmentation just made them look more sunken and exacerbated the problem. I've always had UEE but am getting Restalyne layered in there, which really helps.
get infra implants then ur eye looks like it should be top tier when it isnt thats why its fucked

couldn't really tell you until it's actually placed in your face lol. But yeah definitely go for a smaller implant and I think avoiding the infraorbitals minimizes the risk of it looking uncanny. Maybe you can just get fillers there instead
Totally agree. I used filler in the undereye before the implant and it looked good. Infraorbitals are so tough and specific that I feel like it's hard to nail with implants; better do so with filler where you can go bit by bit and redo if necessary.

• +1
Reactions: ProAcktiv
You are one of the rare cases that needs to lose a bit of collagen to look more natural/ruggish. But how is your skin so young and glowy looking? I think you said your age is around 35 right?

Other things i would do:
- Remove the lip fillers
- Get upper eyelid fillers and supraorbital brow implant to make your upper eye area more straight/less downturned.
- Leave the implant, because they both look good
- Consider colored contacts

Male Custom Brow Bone Implant front view Dr Barry Eppley Indianapolis

• +1
Reactions: spectacularpixlr, Mewton, Deleted member 13409 and 1 other person
  • JFL
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: ronald_98, spectacularpixlr, Patient A and 10 others
i want to know your skin-care routine though. insanely youthful for your age

• +1
Reactions: Schizoidcel, Jamal2222 and .👽.
You are one of the rare cases that needs to lose a bit of collagen to look more natural/ruggish. But how is your skin so young and glowy looking? I think you said your age is around 35 right?

Other things i would do:
- Remove the lip fillers
- Get upper eyelid fillers and supraorbital brow implant to make your upper eye area more straight/less downturned.
- Leave the implant, because they both look good
- Consider colored contacts

View attachment 1243473
I'm almost 39. Just lots of good skincare and retinols.

The downturned eye has improved; I got a lower lid retraction repair/ptosis repair after the implants that include a canthoplasty. Two of the pics I posted here were before that surgery, so they look more downturned.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: KING REIDYZ, DivineBeing, Deleted member 7098 and 11 others
I'm almost 39. Just lots of good skincare and retinols.

The downturned eye has improved; I got a lower lid retraction repair/ptosis repair after the implants that include a canthoplasty. Two of the pics I posted here were before that surgery, so they look more downturned.
wtf no way u r 39??:feelsohh:

• +1
Reactions: Patient A
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Yerico7, sub6manletnozygos, looks6 and 2 others
  • +1
Reactions: zeshama, Patient A, Xangsane and 7 others
wtf no way u r 39??:feelsohh:
Looking old is a choice. 99% of male population has no idea/money to have young looking skin. In reality its not that hard.
Botox, skincare, fillers, laser treats. I guess op has enough money, and a good surgeon to get all the treatments.

• +1
Reactions: Mewton, Yerico7, sub6manletnozygos and 8 others
Previous discussion of my procedures/results is in this thread: https://looksmax.org/threads/new-implant-result-guy-with-cheek-and-jaw-implant-from-dr-e.236061/

Bottom line is Eppley placed custom malar/infraorbital rim implants in November 2020. Now that I've had nine months with them, I'm pretty firm on getting them removed. They're too big in almost every way--lateral projection, forward projection, infraorbital rim augmentation. The ogee curve they form looks, to me, completely unnatural. The tear trough augmentation is a bit convex, which looks puffy, and the entire mid-section of my face is just oversized. It's particularly pronounced when I smile and all my cheek tissue is bunched up on top of the implants. One of the worst parts is that the augmentation around the eye socket creates an unnatural "ringing" around the lower half of my eye, making the eyes look sunken (you see this in the pic below where I'm holding my phone).

I just don't feel like I look like myself; every other procedure, I always saw myself in the end result, but this created a look that doesn't feel like me and the little bit of dysmorphia is unnerving.

Open to comments, and not sure if I'm doing a remove and replace with a smaller implant, or just a removal. (I'm concerned about cheek sagging with removal due to the capsule around the implants.)

i just saw the smiling pics and yes it looks unnatural and puffy there. other pictures are quite good even though those are really big implants.

i just saw the smiling pics and yes it looks unnatural and puffy there. other pictures are quite good even though those are really big implants.
Yeah, smiling is a big problem. With all of the sub malar augmentation, when I smile and push more tissue up into that area, it looks really bloated. No angularity at all.

Holy shit, really admire your physique. Need to know your stack. Hgh and trt?

Bildschirmfoto 2021 07 27 um 234440

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Patient A, Amexmaxx, Schönling and 14 others
O
Looking old is a choice. 99% of male population has no idea/money to have young looking skin. In reality its not that hard.
Botox, skincare, fillers, laser treats. I guess op has enough money, and a good surgeon to get all the treatments.
Oh yeah, forgot about lasers. I use IPL twice a year--October and April.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7, Danish_Retard, .👽. and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: Patient A, piesdescalzos, Wallenberg and 20 others
Yeah, smiling is a big problem. With all of the sub malar augmentation, when I smile and push more tissue up into that area, it looks really bloated. No angularity at all.
i saw another guy having this problem too. so for the sake of angularity, we need to sacrifice under eye hollow and just use fillers i guess.

• +1
Reactions: Win200
O

Oh yeah, forgot about lasers. I use IPL twice a year--October and April.
Anything else?
So just IPL Laser + skincare (which stuff)? Not Botox? Filler?
What is your diet like? When did you start with trt?

edit: you could easily make a small thread with your knowledge/age would be really helpful

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7, Mexicanboi, Chadethnic101 and 1 other person
Anything else?
So just IPL Laser + skincare (which stuff)? Not Botox? Filler?
What is your diet like? When did you start with trt?

edit: you could easily make a small thread with your knowledge/age would be really helpful
Here's a daily routine:

Wake up at 5:30am, wash face, have coffee, gym for 90 mins + 15 mins HIIT cardio.
Wash face with Sunday Riley ("SR") Blue Moon and then Ceramic Slip. Spray on SR Pink Drink. Layer on SR Good Genes. Apply Augustinus Bader The Rich Cream moisturizer.
Have breakfast--usually three eggs scrambled with tons of spinach and 1/2 lb ground beef or chicken (organic). Plus 1/2C oatmeal.

Lunch is usually 1/2 lb salmon on top of greens, whatever veggies are in the fridge, and a carb (rice, lentils, quinoa, beans, sweet potatoes).

After work, I try to do another 15 mins HIIT cardio before dinner (usually chicken and vegetables--I usually omit a carb for dinner to stay lean).

Bed routine is wash with the same two cleansers, then apply SR A+ and then SR Luna. Let dry. Mix a few drop of SR Juno oil into some SR Ice moisturizer, apply all over face. Go to bed on my back (sleeping on your chest/sides causes wrinkles).

Botox every three months, filler when/where necessary (I do the lips but understand straight guys don't). Before the implants, I got filler around the undereyes and cheeks/zygos. Now, just the lips and upper eyelids.

IPL twice a year. Facials every couple months--hydrofacials are great. Very little booze, no gluten, no dairy.

• +1
Reactions: Florida3770, Patient A, NoPainNoChick and 33 others
Here's a daily routine:

Wake up at 5:30am, wash face, have coffee, gym for 90 mins + 15 mins HIIT cardio.
Wash face with Sunday Riley ("SR") Blue Moon and then Ceramic Slip. Spray on SR Pink Drink. Layer on SR Good Genes. Apply Augustinus Bader The Rich Cream moisturizer.
Have breakfast--usually three eggs scrambled with tons of spinach and 1/2 lb ground beef or chicken (organic). Plus 1/2C oatmeal.

Lunch is usually 1/2 lb salmon on top of greens, whatever veggies are in the fridge, and a carb (rice, lentils, quinoa, beans, sweet potatoes).

After work, I try to do another 15 mins HIIT cardio before dinner (usually chicken and vegetables--I usually omit a carb for dinner to stay lean).

Bed routine is wash with the same two cleansers, then apply SR A+ and then SR Luna. Let dry. Mix a few drop of SR Juno oil into some SR Ice moisturizer, apply all over face. Go to bed on my back (sleeping on your chest/sides causes wrinkles).

Botox every three months, filler when/where necessary (I do the lips but understand straight guys don't). Before the implants, I got filler around the undereyes and cheeks/zygos. Now, just the lips and upper eyelids.

IPL twice a year. Facials every couple months--hydrofacials are great. Very little booze, no gluten, no dairy.
So you workout before work?
did you miss sunscreen in your routine?

When did you start with Botox and where you get it? Probably for preventing reasons right?

thanks for the insight, really helpful!

• +1
might be cope, but try to build your neck and masseters

and see if it looks more proportionate afterwards

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
So you workout before work?
did you miss sunscreen in your routine?

When did you start with Botox and where you get it? Probably for preventing reasons right?

thanks for the insight, really helpful!
Yeah, I can't workout after a full day... I'm beat.

I do sunscreen in a tinted moisturizer... that's more quasi-makeup, so I left it out.

I started Botox around 28; definitely helped stave off aging; I don't have a single resting wrinkle and it's definitely bc of a regular Botox regimen for 10+ years.

• +1
Reactions: zeshama, zappo, sub6manletnozygos and 3 others
i think the overall shape of them are good, just reduce the size next time. i dont think you should remove them completely, your pre op pics definitely showcased that you needed this type of augmentation

Here's a daily routine:

You’re a looksmaxxing god

• +1
Reactions: MakinMogReturns, WagedandReady, teenmax and 13 others
i think the overall shape of them are good, just reduce the size next time. i dont think you should remove them completely, your pre op pics definitely showcased that you needed this type of augmentation
When you say "this type of augmentation," do you mean the zygo/malar area or the infraorbital area?

When you say "this type of augmentation," do you mean the zygo/malar area or the infraorbital area?
zygo/malar

i think not augmenting the infraorbital area is the way to go. i would personally just do fat grafting under there

• +1
zygo/malar

i think not augmenting the infraorbital area is the way to go. i would personally just do fat grafting under there
I agree--just wanted to see what you think. Augmenting undereye with implants seems so dicey; if it's 1mm off, your eye area looks weird. Just seems like way less margin for error there.

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer and Danish_Retard
I've been looking over your implant design for a while. There were a couple of things I personally didn't like about it. First, you didn't seem to get a saddle incorporated into your design. In my opinion, the saddle is the most important part of IOM implants. I believe it would have resolved the issue of the "unnatural ringing around the lower half of my eye". Also, it would have improved your negative canthal tilt. The saddle can not only create a boxed lower inferior rim but create a more upward slope. Eppley said everything was done intraoral, I'm not sure if that was the reason why y'all didn't incorporate the saddle. AFAIK Eppley can give up to 5mm’s (possibly more) of vertical enhancement of the lower inferior orbital rim.

View attachment 1243566View attachment 1243567

Second, I didn't necessarily like the lateral augmentation you did to the zygomatic arch. When it comes to augmenting the zygomatic arch it can really be a hit or miss. It really seems to depend on how the soft tissue adapts to the implant. An important ratio on the face is the eye separation (ES) ratio. The ideal range is between 0.45 -0.47. It's measured by dividing the interpupillary distance (distance between the centers of the pupils) by the bizygomatic width (distance from cheekbone to cheekbone). You slightly lowered your ES ratio making your eyes appear more close-set. @Saiyan also negatively impacted his ES ratio. Every procedure, I suppose, has its benefits and drawbacks.

Furthermore, you are right in your concern about skin sagging after removal. It's why it is suggested to go more conservative in design size as it's a lot simpler to upsize than to downsize in the future.
Hey, thanks for that really extensive analysis and writeup. By "saddle," I assume you mean infraorbital implants that cover the entirety of the orbital rim? If so, I don't recall discussing that with Eppley and I'm not sure why he didn't suggest it. I will say that the convex nature of the tear trough extension is problematic, as it creates a very puffy look to the inner corner of my eye that most people don't have. It looks live an overuse of filler.

If you were able to design a revision to the implant, what would you change? My thoughts had been to eliminate any orbital rim augmentation, eliminate any forward augmentation entirely, and focus instead on very conservative zygomatic augmentation. Something like the cheek implants in the example below. The forward projection of the current implant--both in the malar and undereye area--makes my entire midface look puffy/bloated and overfilled.

Do you think there's any meaningful risk of skin sagging due to a downsized implant? I thought sagging was mainly a risk when there is complete removal and the sides of the capsule do not adhere as the tissue adhered to the cheekbone prior to the implant being placed; substituting another implant seems to solve that problem.

Attachments

• Cheeks and Jaw 2.JPG
    Cheeks and Jaw 2.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,123
i think by saddle he means the infraorbital rim implant has vertical augmentation that extends into the orbit.

Just wanted to thank you for sharing your results with us. So few people here actually get stuff done. You are one of my favorite users.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Patient A and lilhorizontal32
Is someone trying to get you to look more natural?

They look good , you look like Cillian Murphy. What makes you look uncanny is actually your homosexual lip fillers and overgrooming and weird shiny skin . Grow some stubble , let your lip fillers dissolve and stop overusing moisturizer

• +1
Reactions: Patient A and poloralf
Ogee looks fine, projection is a bit much.

you can replace them with small implants, getting rid of them entirely will cause major face sag. Plus somewhere between your before/after would be optimal.

consider maybe also raising the rims up more? Like with a saddle design.. Might help under eye and therefore make the infraorbitals not appear to bulge out so much

IMO it’s not like it’s “ken Barbie doll gets rib removed” level of extreme. Your bone structure is a lot like Cilian Murphy’s now, UEE included.

I had a friend get these same implants with Eppley but he had literally zero cheekbones. He did similar projection as you but also raised the lower rims up something crazy like 6mm. On him it looks great. You started with average cheekbones so this might have been too much. Eppley is very good with revisions, my friend did not need and wanted none but got quoted revision costs in advance since he asked, Eppley said he was one of his best results in a while back around beginning of pandemic, so you can probably get him to fix this for cheap. He’s also good with soft tissue so he’ll maybe give you a small facelift to help with the sag caused by the “bone” loss of replacement and removal. If you remove and don’t replace though it’s probably gonna be a major facelift

either way this isn’t necessarily a bad result just not an optimal

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Pumanator and Danish_Retard