Removing Eppley cheek implants

Attaching a handful of pics as an update, including two candids that show smile. The others I just snapped; had a bad night's sleep, so I look a little worn out. But you'll get the idea.

Turned 40 in October.
Looking 10 years younger

• +1
Reactions: Win200
Attaching a handful of pics as an update, including two candids that show smile. The others I just snapped; had a bad night's sleep, so I look a little worn out. But you'll get the idea.

Turned 40 in October.
your cheeks look natural now wow , nice result

What kind of revision did you go for? Do you have any pics of the design?
Relatively minor, and no pics--we didn't place new implants. Eppley simply removed the existing ones, carved them by hand, and put them back in. He removed the undereye support and reduced the lateral projection and generally sized them down.
Do you recommend the oura ring as a looksmax/health tool?
Eh. It's OK. It's a good step tracker and I like the various sensors, but it's not necessarily a great sleep tracker. It mistakes being awake but still for light sleep all the time, and there are times when I wake up feeling good but it gives me a low sleep score, which makes me second guess how good I feel. I took it off for vacation in Mexico last week and actually felt like it was a load off my mind--like I wasn't worrying about maximizing my numbers. But it did help me adopt better sleep habits for the first year I had it.

• +1
Reactions: DeformedCell
you use tretinoin?
Actually just starting it this weekend. I have mild rosacea and using Soolantra and Rhofade almost cured it. But the best things you can do for skin are (1) no alcohol, (2) eat only whole, unprocessed foods w/ no dairy or gluten. My skin looks ten years younger than forty and it's because I pay close attention to what I put in my body. Alcohol trashes your skin (and your overall health). When a guy looks shitty for his age, it's almost always because of drinking.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: zeshama, Wallenberg, redmaxx and 3 others
the best things you can do for skin are (1) no alcohol, (2) eat only whole, unprocessed foods w/ no dairy or gluten. My skin looks ten years younger than forty and it's because I pay close attention to what I put in my body.
I am really interested about this.

When you say "DAIRY" do you mean "ALL DAIRY" or just "LACTOSE"? E.g. does non-lactose milk influence the skin as negatively as normal milk?

I am really interested about this.

When you say "DAIRY" do you mean "ALL DAIRY" or just "LACTOSE"? E.g. does non-lactose milk influence the skin as negatively as normal milk?
It's mostly lactose, but some people have a problem with all dairy, period. Commercial dairy in the US is also heavily processed and pasteurization removes lots of vitamins and nutrients. Try using goat products--goat milk, goat kefir, goat colostrum (colostrum is really helpful for healing your gut). Goat has a fraction of the lactose as cow milk, so it's a good comprise for most people. You could also try ditching all dairy for a couple weeks then adding some goat products and see how your stomach reacts; if it gets sour, you should probably just avoid all dairy.

• +1
Reactions: Prince88 and Artemis
At this point after going the filler route as well as the implant route. What would you choose if you had to choose one? Fillers or implants for the best masculine chiseled jaw and cheekbone look?

wish you all the best

At this point after going the filler route as well as the implant route. What would you choose if you had to choose one? Fillers or implants for the best masculine chiseled jaw and cheekbone look?

wish you all the best
I think implants can work for jawlines--too much filler needed there. I just think going VERY conservative is key. On the malar/infraorbital area, though, I'm pretty skeptical of implants. The area's contours are so key to the harmony of the face that I think you're at least at 50/50 odds of throwing them off or over-augmenting with implants and having to revise. So it's a split recommendation from me.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg, PrinceofDarkness, Prince88 and 1 other person
I think implants can work for jawlines--too much filler needed there. I just think going VERY conservative is key. On the malar/infraorbital area, though, I'm pretty skeptical of implants. The area's contours are so key to the harmony of the face that I think you're at least at 50/50 odds of throwing them off or over-augmenting with implants and having to revise. So it's a split recommendation from me.
thank you for your reply. Which brand/type of filler would you recommend for the cheek area and how long did they last for you? And by lasting I am referring to the interval where your cheeks were still defined and good looking.

Do the jaw implants make your masseters less visible, like do they get in the way say if you bite to flex them?

Do the jaw implants make your masseters less visible, like do they get in the way say if you bite to flex them?
No, they do not. Your masseters sit above them.

thank you for your reply. Which brand/type of filler would you recommend for the cheek area and how long did they last for you? And by lasting I am referring to the interval where your cheeks were still defined and good looking.
I usually use Voluma but I would ask a trusted injector. It will last for years.

• +1
Reactions: seezy_feezy
look great bro!
what is your opinion about upper lip filler? i have a really long philtrum but i have seen many lip lift ending up badlt for guys
i woulkd like to try filler but i am afraid of the risk of migration or bad result
thanks

look great bro!
what is your opinion about upper lip filler? i have a really long philtrum but i have seen many lip lift ending up badlt for guys
i woulkd like to try filler but i am afraid of the risk of migration or bad result
thanks
I'd say it's fine. I think the migration risk expressed on this forum is overblown almost to the point of paranoia. Getting a small amount of lip fillers is pretty low risk; if you don't like it, dissolve it out. There are some good, softer options that work well for lips and don't move unnaturally. I think lip lifts on men look too feminine for most men's tastes.

• +1
Reactions: seezy_feezy
I'd say it's fine. I think the migration risk expressed on this forum is overblown almost to the point of paranoia. Getting a small amount of lip fillers is pretty low risk; if you don't like it, dissolve it out. There are some good, softer options that work well for lips and don't move unnaturally. I think lip lifts on men look too feminine for most men's tastes.
Would you say the sharpness/angularity in fillers dissolves rapidly (say less than 1 year)

This thread has two people who have claimed to have gotten fillers and one said they got bloated. Is that just a case of injector error?

Actually just starting it this weekend. I have mild rosacea and using Soolantra and Rhofade almost cured it. But the best things you can do for skin are (1) no alcohol, (2) eat only whole, unprocessed foods w/ no dairy or gluten. My skin looks ten years younger than forty and it's because I pay close attention to what I put in my body. Alcohol trashes your skin (and your overall health). When a guy looks shitty for his age, it's almost always because of drinking.

@pneumocystosis

• Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 29167 and pneumocystosis
Btw not sure if someone mentioned already but you have amazing skin.

Would you mind sharing your general diet (I know you mentioned no dairy or gluten) and skincare routine?

• +1
Reactions: madcap88 and pneumocystosis
thanks! so according to you lip filler can be a good option for dude like me with subhuman philtrum?

thanks! so according to you lip filler can be a good option for dude like me with subhuman philtrum?
for a long philtrum you are better off with a lip lift honestly. but this involves incisions along your nasel base which leads to scars. depending on your body's proneness to build up thick or visible scar tissue, this type of surgery is a hit or miss. and keep in mind lip reduction may leave you with akward upper/lower lip proportions. It is your best bet however if you a thin upper lip since it will increase in size.

for a long philtrum you are better off with a lip lift honestly. but this involves incisions along your nasel base which leads to scars. depending on your body's proneness to build up thick or visible scar tissue, this type of surgery is a hit or miss. and keep in mind lip reduction may leave you with akward upper/lower lip proportions. It is your best bet however if you a thin upper lip since it will increase in size.
is it possible to try lip filler before lip lift? lip lift seems to be a surgery that look horrible on most males, high risk of failure and scar

yes, agreed lip lifts the way. u just need to go to a Dr who understands male (straight) male aesthetics. Like Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez in Maryland

• +1
Reactions: PrinceofDarkness
No, they do not. Your masseters sit above them.
Have you thought about getting double jaw surgery, or a genio so the results could look more natural and allow you to add less implant volume to achieve the look you want?

is it possible to try lip filler before lip lift? lip lift seems to be a surgery that look horrible on most males, high risk of failure and scar
I will attach some IG profiles of surgeons I have put in my archive. But again keep in mind this surgery is either a hit or a miss. there is a girl on youtube I will share the video of her later. she had this procedure done. TBH she definitely looks better however her upper lip movement and lip proportions look kinda off. It looks like her upper lip is rigid.

Nobody can predict the outcomes of surgeries. For example everybody here recommends to have at least a bimax surgery for maxilla forward growth. I had this done back in 2017 and I can tell you that I look worse after the surgery compared to before. Of course this is not the case for everybody but in my situation you can clearly see that I have lost harmony and attractivness as well.

Lip fillers can help you if your philtrum is a bit too long. It gives the illusion of shortening but if your philtrum is on the more let's say "extrem" side then you are defenitely better off with a lip lift surgery.

hope that helps

I will attach some IG profiles of surgeons I have put in my archive. But again keep in mind this surgery is either a hit or a miss. there is a girl on youtube I will share the video of her later. she had this procedure done. TBH she definitely looks better however her upper lip movement and lip proportions look kinda off. It looks like her upper lip is rigid.

Nobody can predict the outcomes of surgeries. For example everybody here recommends to have at least a bimax surgery for maxilla forward growth. I had this done back in 2017 and I can tell you that I look worse after the surgery compared to before. Of course this is not the case for everybody but in my situation you can clearly see that I have lost harmony and attractivness as well.

Lip fillers can help you if your philtrum is a bit too long. It gives the illusion of shortening but if your philtrum is on the more let's say "extrem" side then you are defenitely better off with a lip lift surgery.

hope that helps
thanks a lot for your help man!
i looked a lot of lip lift and indeed it looks good for female but for males it is a high risk procedure, and yes unfortunately my philtrum is my main flaw ( 2 cm) , but i am so afraid to end up even worse and uncanny with a lip lift.
so i wanted to try maybe a tiny lip filler first to see how it could be and then going for a lip lipt maybe

thanks a lot for your help man!
i looked a lot of lip lift and indeed it looks good for female but for males it is a high risk procedure, and yes unfortunately my philtrum is my main flaw ( 2 cm) , but i am so afraid to end up even worse and uncanny with a lip lift.
so i wanted to try maybe a tiny lip filler first to see how it could be and then going for a lip lipt maybe
you're welcome..
this is the girl on youtube I was talking about. Just check out her journey on her channel. It has been years since her lip lift surgery and this video is one of her latest:

I will be honest with you if I didn't know that she had this procedure done I wouldn't notice shit but yeah now that I know I see things.

One more fact that I forgot to mention is that when you perform the lip lift surgery your upper teeth become more visible when you talk so keep that in mind too.

thanks bro, but its a girl! not a man, so this surgery looks always better on women ( like rhinoplasty).

yes and no. The uncanny look fucks up the man way more than it does the women. You just have to find a surgeon that is also skilled with men and has an eye for aesthetic

yes and no. The uncanny look fucks up the man way more than it does the women. You just have to find a surgeon that is also skilled with men and has an eye for aesthetic
thanks bro, but its a girl! not a man, so this surgery looks always better on women ( like rhinoplasty).
Dr Ricardo Rodriguez

Attachments

• lip-lift-male-before-after-f-194.jpg
    lip-lift-male-before-after-f-194.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 0

Turned 40 in October.
Looks good, thia revision.
You seems you maxxed out your looks potential.
Wallmart version Cylian Murphy.
Peaky Blinders Blank Stare GIF

• +1
Reactions: madcap88
Previous discussion of my procedures/results is in this thread: https://looksmax.org/threads/new-implant-result-guy-with-cheek-and-jaw-implant-from-dr-e.236061/

Link to the rendering of the implants is here:

Bottom line is Eppley placed custom malar/infraorbital rim implants in November 2020. Now that I've had nine months with them, I'm pretty firm on getting them removed. They're too big in almost every way--lateral projection, forward projection, infraorbital rim augmentation. The ogee curve they form looks, to me, completely unnatural. The tear trough augmentation is a bit convex, which looks puffy, and the entire mid-section of my face is just oversized. It's particularly pronounced when I smile and all my cheek tissue is bunched up on top of the implants. One of the worst parts is that the augmentation around the eye socket creates an unnatural "ringing" around the lower half of my eye, making the eyes look sunken (you see this in the pic below where I'm holding my phone).

I just don't feel like I look like myself; every other procedure, I always saw myself in the end result, but this created a look that doesn't feel like me and the little bit of dysmorphia is unnerving.

Open to comments, and not sure if I'm doing a remove and replace with a smaller implant, or just a removal. (I'm concerned about cheek sagging with removal due to the capsule around the implants.)

You're about as queer as a three dollar bill. Anyways, you shouldn't mess with your face unless it involves the removal of blemishes like ugly miles.

U can get additional treatments to hide it.

Also if you nose is less upturned it would not be very visible
Can you please share this after treatments for scar concealing? I have to reduce my alar base which will result in scars on my nasal wings and want to know what I can do in advance.

thanks

Updating this thread. After getting a revision of the malar implants with Dr. E in early 2022, I realized that there was still a TON of filler left in the malar/undereye area from before the implants were originally placed. This is contrary to what Dr. E told me--he said that placing the implants would destroy the integrity of the filler and that the surgery would essentially remove it. All due respect to Dr. E, but that wound up being completely, totally wrong. One of the things skewing my result was that the implants were buried under tons of filler that I'd been using to add volume to that area, so what I was seeing post-surgery was overinflated by the volume of filler PLUS implants. After the revision, it took FOUR rounds of injections with hylaronidase to dissolve out all the filler. Looks great now, really pleased with the result.

Moral of the story is: dissolve your filler before getting implants, and then go conservative on size.
My experience with Dr E. is that he expresses medical/aesthetic opinions with great and casual confidence only to admit equally blithely post-op that he was wrong. Still a good guy all around, generously willing to revise his mistakes, and probably the best available option for custom implants, but his opinion isn't the end-all-be-all truth of the matter. No one person's should be.

• +1
Reactions: Win200
My experience with Dr E. is that he expresses medical/aesthetic opinions with great and casual confidence only to admit equally blithely post-op that he was wrong. Still a good guy all around, generously willing to revise his mistakes, and probably the best available option for custom implants, but his opinion isn't the end-all-be-all truth of the matter. No one person's should be.
Yeah, I agree. I really like and respect him, and he's genuinely a good guy who doesn't have nearly the ego that many surgeons do. But he was dead wrong on this one and it caused me a lot of consternation, never mind the fact that that I revised them before realizing that there was still a SHITLOAD of filler left in my face. I think it would behoove him to be a bit more careful/reflective.

But his willingness to revise graciously is a huge deal; many surgeons don't react nearly as well to revision requests as he does. He's a good partner for people looking into this kind of work.

• +1
Reactions: Fear