Salt/Sodium is the problem

Dodevu

Dodevu

Diamond
Feels like it’s nearly impossible to gain muscle and keep facial aesthetics as everything has fukin salt in, I try and keep it below 1200mg sodium/3g salt but everything has it in.

It seems carbs/sugar don’t affect my face but soon as I go over 3g salt I turn into a puffer fish but if I’m below then I get compliments from random girls in the street about my jaw etc which is nice but if I eat more salt I turn invisible, I wanna gain muscle as I’m 6ft/184cm but only 144lb.

Does anyone have the same problem where carbs aren’t an issue but salt makes you look puffy?

Last edited:
just eat 150 cal above maintenance

For me both carbs and salt fuck me up. I started eating the military cooked food that they give me and I think it's healthier. I don't have to eat the shitty fast food or store bought food and I think it has less salt because I'm nowhere near as bloated as I was months ago. They make the food in a kitchen and it's much healthier.

Maybe you should start cooking your own food?

just eat 150 cal above maintenance
This is slow as fuck for a bulk

OP You can go slow for trying to gain, but honestly stop trying to hold Abs year round and utilize winter for a bulk. Don't go Dreamer mode -- but go at enough of a Surplus that you're not missing out on possible muscle gain. It adds up over years.

Salt wise, nah no problem here. Drink a lot of water, get the Potassium in, and things work well for me.

salt is important but dont overdo it
i went no salt and felt pretty weak and fatigued
a bit of salt back in my diet and i felt great

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1751 and Deleted member 4209
sodium - potassium ratio is the key

• +1
Reactions: highT and Deleted member 4209
Got 1 kg of potassium chloride for 2 bux. Just mix it in together with salt, or use it in the foods you eat.
You need salt, it's essential.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 1751
salt is necessary lol

For me both carbs and salt fuck me up. I started eating the military cooked food that they give me and I think it's healthier. I don't have to eat the shitty fast food or store bought food and I think it has less salt because I'm nowhere near as bloated as I was months ago. They make the food in a kitchen and it's much healthier.

Maybe you should start cooking your own food?
Are you in a military?

Got 1 kg of potassium chloride for 2 bux. Just mix it in together with salt, or use it in the foods you eat.
You need salt, it's essential.
Is this a legit thing?