Saving money

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

Fatherless World
Saving money is more difficult if u add more reaponsabilities and stop caring.
  • having an appartment
  • Having animals to take care of
  • Having a car
  • Eating out everyday
  • Buying garbage you dont need
  • paying for school
  • Buying roids/modafanil
The best thing you can do is stay with ur parents and maximize income possibility.

• Have your food paid for by parents
  • Have no car use public transport
  • Prepare food
  • Wear basic universal clothing or buy reps
  • Dont have an animal pet
  • Downlod all entertainment illegally
  • Go to cheaper schools
  • Buy used, refurbished electronics
Reasons to save
  1. Car downpayment and low rate
  2. House downpayment and low rate
  3. Vacation
  4. Education

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Slayerino, Zeta ascended, EthnicelAscension and 3 others
Totally agree. I'm living proof of this theory. Obviously doesn't work with everyone as some people are already in too deep, though. I live at home with my parents and last year I got a job for 7 months and in that time I saved up 8500 GBP (11,200 USD). I had almost zero overhead I just had to pay my parents 30 pounds a week for living there but I didn't go out, I didn't eat out, I didn't own a car, I wore same clothing for work almost everyday because it was manual, dirty work. I came out with 330 GBP to myself every week. If you can get a decent paying job whilst you're still young and keep your overhead low, do it. You can save up some good money in quite a short amount of time.

• +1
Reactions: RAITEIII, Krezo, Slayerino and 3 others
I had like 10k saved, bought a mustang, got a girlfriend, got my own apartment with buddies and we partied everyday. Then I crashed my mustang, girlfriends pussy started to smell, had no money to pay rent. Now i gotta start all over. save ur money boyos

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: RAITEIII, Slayerino, Zeta ascended and 3 others
I had like 10k saved, bought a mustang, got a girlfriend, got my own apartment with buddies and we partied everyday. Then I crashed my mustang, girlfriends pussy started to smell, had no money to pay rent. Now i gotta start all over. save ur money boyos
It's funny how many people think 10k is balling. I had a friend do something similar when he got a payout from the army. Got 9k and thought he was rich and spent it in months thinking he was a baller. 100k isn't even that much in the grand scheme of things. However, if you had a good time spending it I suppose you've got those memories with you for the rest of your life.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1464, ChaddeusPeuterschmit and Vitruvian
It's funny how many people think 10k is balling. I had a friend do something similar when he got a payout from the army. Got 9k and thought he was rich and spent it in months thinking he was a baller. 100k isn't even that much in the grand scheme of things. However, if you had a good time spending it I suppose you've got those memories with you for the rest of your life.
It was fun til I was broke so yeah it was good

• +1
Reactions: ABC
RIP life quality, all for some shekkels. Shekkelcels

RIP life quality, all for some shekkels. Shekkelcels
Most people would kill to have 10k in savings. If you can live for 7 months without ordering takeaways and going out spending your money and have 10k in savings that will help you out for the next few years it's worth it.

ABC

• having an appartment
  • Having animals to take care of
  • Having a car
  • Eating out everyday
  • Buying garbage you dont need
  • paying for school
  • Buying roids/modafanil
The best thing you can do is stay with ur parents and maximize income possibility.

• Have your food paid for by parents
  • Have no car use public transport
  • Prepare food
  • Wear basic universal clothing or buy reps
  • Dont have an animal pet
  • Downlod all entertainment illegally
  • Go to cheaper schools
  • Buy used, refurbished electronics
Reasons to save
  1. Car downpayment and low rate
  2. House downpayment and low rate
  3. Vacation
  4. Education
I'm extreme cheapstake, with enough discipline, you can save half of your income

Most people would kill to have 10k in savings. If you can live for 7 months without ordering takeaways and going out spending your money and have 10k in savings that will help you out for the next few years it's worth it.
What are you supposed to do with 10k in savings though? What's the point?

What are you supposed to do with 10k in savings though? What's the point?
Once you've got an average job like most people then most your money is spent on bills then if something unexpected pops up like your car needs tyres changing you're not having to loan out money just to afford new wheels. Say if you have a business idea, it costs 5k, if you have 5k in saving you can just use that rather than getting a loan and paying interest. It's just a nice safety net to have.

just be chad and get paid 6 figures to wear weird clothes

• +1
Reactions: Vitruvian
just be chad and get paid 6 figures to wear weird clothes
Chad doesnt need to save because opportunities will always present themselves

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite
I remember there was a pokemon go account seller making around $1.5m a day. Canadian dude

Half true.
* Mathametically you're right
* Psychologically you're right, but also wrong (this on largley depends on age)

Why are you imo psychologically wrong? I think you forget to add the folllowing aspects, that will influence ones sense of self esteem maybe:

1. seen as loser by others, women and men. And thus treated low respect, by them. A person should be okay to handle that for some short time; but when it happens long time like 2-3 years then it really starts to wear on ones perception of self likely (unconciously even). Envrionment does have an influence on us

2. Getting to comfortable, with low income and low expenses. One might think on is doing well/goo; earning wise speaking. While one might be doing not the best on can. But due to is being comfortable (money/savings in the bank) it may lead to complacency attitude

3. Risk avoidance habit. Playing it super safe. One is playing it super safe this way. Which is good. But it's also a risk to concern, that one doesn't become to risk adverse. because great opportunities, can come with risks. But since one has a habit of avoding risks, one might create a chain of avoiding risks and thus missing out on opportunities one doesn't dar to take

• +1
Reactions: Slayerino and LifeMaxxing
Half true.
* Mathametically you're right
* Psychologically you're right, but also wrong (this on largley depends on age)

Why are you imo psychologically wrong? I think you forget to add the folllowing aspects, that will influence ones sense of self esteem maybe:

1. seen as loser by others, women and men. And thus treated low respect, by them. A person should be okay to handle that for some short time; but when it happens long time like 2-3 years then it really starts to wear on ones perception of self likely (unconciously even). Envrionment does have an influence on us

2. Getting to comfortable, with low income and low expenses. One might think on is doing well/goo; earning wise speaking. While one might be doing not the best on can. But due to is being comfortable (money/savings in the bank) it may lead to complacency attitude

3. Risk avoidance habit. Playing it super safe. One is playing it super safe this way. Which is good. But it's also a risk to concern, that one doesn't become to risk adverse. because great opportunities, can come with risks. But since one has a habit of avoding risks, one might create a chain of avoiding risks and thus missing out on opportunities one doesn't dar to take

Hits close to home. After high school i worked a decent dead end job for 2-2,5 years living at home saving money, it seemed like a good plan but many of my peers travelled the world, lived abroad and went to uni during this time and when i finally left the job i feel like i should’ve done it after like 6 months tbh. Especially since i was dumb enough to ball away like half of my savings on dumb shit

Time and experiences is worth much more than zeros on a bank account, especially if you don’t have a clear specific goal with your savings

• +1
Reactions: eduardkoopman
You only need like 50k max to get all your surgeries for me at least

• +1
Reactions: Slayerino
Hits close to home. After high school i worked a decent dead end job for 2-2,5 years living at home saving money, it seemed like a good plan but many of my peers travelled the world, lived abroad and went to uni during this time and when i finally left the job i feel like i should’ve done it after like 6 months tbh. Especially since i was dumb enough to ball away like half of my savings on dumb shit

Time and experiences is worth much more than zeros on a bank account, especially if you don’t have a clear specific goal with your savings
"Especially since i was dumb enough to ball away like half of my savings on dumb shit"
I've seen that often also. Because them living at home, having money for the first time. Like, whom has the f* discipline at that age to save away 90% and life a boreing/cheap lifestyle. Almost none, first thing they do is buy the crap they couldn't afford but liked to have but now can buy.
Then, when they do go life on their own. They need to cut their spending lifestyle alot, which feels like a step back.

I only condone/suggest to do what OP said. IF there is a investment plan/mission/passion behind it; that one really want to try to persue.

It's good and needed to start life on your own living somewhere, with some savings. But dwelling away for years in your parents home, at prime youth years. Because it's more comfortable, easy. I'll be carefull with that attitude. Psychologically speaking.