should i get braces at 16?

V

Vibzzzz

Iron
So i have an overbite, i was suggested to get braces but i heard that braces cause jawline recession and might stunt jaw growth,
i am 16 years 7 months old, should i get braces now or wait till 18 till my jaw development is complete to wear braces?

So i have an overbite, i was suggested to get braces but i heard that braces cause jawline recession and might stunt jaw growth,
i am 16 years 7 months old, should i get braces now or wait till 18 till my jaw development is complete to wear braces?
nah just get it now while it is still under insurance if you are not living in third world country or usa

• +1
Reactions: unknownducks
nah just get it now while it is still under insurance if you are not living in third world country or usa
lmao im from india so- no insurance

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 62070, ungewist, JohnBaza and 1 other person
Yes they will most likely stunt your jaw growth and you will be recessed in both maxilla and mandible afterwards.
They treat overbite by stuntig maxilla grwoth which is retarded as fuck.

• +1
Reactions: ungewist
but my maxilla is slightly over projected
@Seilmaximierender
will most likely still not do anything for your mandible except you use facepuller or aggressive elastics but can't tell without scans anyway.
Still if you really haver overprojected maxilla braces will at least not descend you

will most likely still not do anything for your mandible except you use facepuller or aggressive elastics but can't tell without scans anyway.
Still if you really haver overprojected maxilla braces will at least not descend you
ohh thanks bro was having this thought all week, guess ill finally get braces then

Braces do recess your maxilla but the only solution for an overbite is braces/ invasilign so you're in a lose/lose situation. You have to get it done. An overbite is an even worse looksmax.

Braces do recess your maxilla but the only solution for an overbite is braces/ invasilign so you're in a lose/lose situation. You have to get it done. An overbite is an even worse looksmax.
but the catch is i have an overgrown maxilla my concern is about the mandible