Skincare Guide

What self tanning lotion do you recommend?

What self tanning lotion do you recommend?

For the face or body? This one is for the face. I've never tried this particular one but I've heard plenty of people that love it. For the face my go to would be the Tan Luxe Super Glow Hyaluronic Serum.

• +1
Reactions: 6ft8InTheNetherlands
For the face or body? This one is for the face. I've never tried this particular one but I've heard plenty of people that love it. For the face my go to would be the Tan Luxe Super Glow Hyaluronic Serum.

Would skin type 4 benefit from the tanning effects of this?

• +1
Reactions: 6ft8InTheNetherlands
You mean Fitzpatrick 4? You might see a small difference but it likely wouldn't be a whole lot.

Thanks, I'm getting this one instead then

medium/dark

updating on doing a 2 mm dermapen, didn't have any scarring after 3 weeks of doing it, even though I went very aggresive one some spots where more scarring appears. If after 1 year of microneedling yields little results on smoothing out some depper one (most are shallow), I'll be going to a professional dermatologist to do a chemical peel, but I'm on the browner side and tca cross seems to cause hyperpigmentation to darker skinnned people.

@BigBiceps @Elias @Lorsss @Aesthetic This is the one I meant to tag u in for best of best section

• +1
Reactions: middayshowers
what body moisturizer would you recommend?

updating on doing a 2 mm dermapen, didn't have any scarring after 3 weeks of doing it, even though I went very aggresive one some spots where more scarring appears. If after 1 year of microneedling yields little results on smoothing out some depper one (most are shallow), I'll be going to a professional dermatologist to do a chemical peel, but I'm on the browner side and tca cross seems to cause hyperpigmentation to darker skinnned people.
Im doing some microneedling for acne scars soon. They have been there for over a decade and some are hyperpigmentated, never did SPF and never used any creams, i try to avoid sun though.
I have read on pro dermatologist sites that you need 2-2,5 mm needles for scar removal, but im starting on 0,25 and increasing slowly. I have also seen some dermatologist using 100% TCA on a toothpick and then applying a tiny dot on deep scars:

Im Fitzpatrick I.
What dermapen/microneedler you recommend? @benignice
Im planning on going to a dermatologist, but im starting my routines before that, shouldn't be too bad should it?

Last edited:
Im doing some microneedling for acne scars soon. They have been there for over a decade and some are hyperpigmentated, never did SPF and never used any creams, i try to avoid sun though.
I have read on pro dermatologist sites that you need 2-2,5 mm needles for scar removal, but im starting on 0,25 and increasing slowly. I have also seen some dermatologist using 100% TCA on a toothpick and then applying a tiny dot on deep scars:

Im Fitzpatrick I.
Im planning on going to a dermatologist, but im starting my routines before that, shouldn't be too bad should it?

I would never recommend microneedling or TCA at home- there are just too many things that can go wrong.

• +1
Reactions: AlexBrown84 and Deleted member 16530

High IQ post OP (pic unrelated)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5912
Cos of acne you mean?
nah its not good lol
clogs your pores
how ever coconut oil is amazing on hair(not your scalp, hair only) because it prevents protein loss

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy
What's your opinion on ZO Skin Health products? Apparently they're commonly recommended by many dermatologists. They're expensive, though. Do you think they're worth the price?

What's your opinion on ZO Skin Health products? Apparently they're commonly recommended by many dermatologists. They're expensive, though. Do you think they're worth the price?
Cerave cleanser and mosturizer, whatever FPS and tret, don't need anything else.

Just change what u eat tbh

• +1
Reactions: RecessedPrettyboy
With what strenght should i start tretinoin? Should i use it everyday to get my skin used to it or use it every second day?

Deserves a bump dawg

@badg96 incredible thread

This guide is focusing on products and general concepts since that's my wheelhouse. There's a ton of other people that can help you out with supplements etc if that's what you want to know.
It's as a google doc so I can add more info as and when. If there's anything specific that you want to be in there, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Do we need sunscreen if we spend almost all day indoors in our basement ?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: mitereew, LooksmaxxHopeful, AllesScheiße and 1 other person
Amazing thread, just bought some recommended cleansers, moisturizer and sunscreen

• +1
Reactions: LooksmaxxHopeful and .👽.
Skincare is easy.

And you should absolutely not tan JFC.

Beginner-

AM:
(Wash face if needed)
Sunscreen SPF30 minimum (reapply as needed if using chemical sunscreen especially)

PM:
Wash face
Moisturize
Retinoid

Level up by adding Vitamin C in the morning before SPF.

Sprinkle in a glycolic acid exfoliating product once a week.

Face wash for acne - Benzoyl Peroxide 5%-10% use in AM/not with retinoid in PM. Leave on skin for a few minutes.
Dry skin - cream cleanser
Oily skin - gel/foaming cleanser

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA and LooksmaxxHopeful
whereabouts would applying a pst shave balm come into this? Also is it better to shave in the morning or evening?

Im Fitzpatrick I.

How are your scars now

I disagree with his shit take on short chain paraben esters but the rest seems good

For those that have read it, is there any more info that you want to be included before I post it as a thread instead of a google doc?
please include how to lighten skin too without too much risk and also which products can help in pore size instead of just suggesting makeup. Also any non- clinical method to reduce atrophic scarring atleast to a certain extent will be helpful.

This guide is focusing on products and general concepts since that's my wheelhouse. There's a ton of other people that can help you out with supplements etc if that's what you want to know.
It's as a google doc so I can add more info as and when. If there's anything specific that you want to be in there, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Can you help me privately?

I bought the La Roche Posay Toleriane Dermo Cleanser and now when I looked closer it said it was for makeup removal bruh

Shit sounds expensive af and also a lot of effort.

Does all the other stuff besides sunscreen, moisturizer and retin a really make a difference which is worth the costs and extra steps?

Awesome man! I will achieve Jordan Barrett level skin as a result of this thread.

Awesome man! I will achieve Jordan Barrett level skin as a result of this thread.
you will look like a soft and delicate princess

good post

Any thoughts on beef tallow?

No probs, let me know if you've got any questions and I'll do my best to help.
should i blast tret at my age (pubertymaxxing) i have awful acne

i remember using this document back in the day. Thank u to OP for writing one of the first looksmaxxes on this site for me

Is this guide negro friendly?

no tretinoin, i said pubertymaxxing to give people an idea of my age
Ah alright, at your age it isn't really necessary imo. Unless you have skin problems like acne, discoloration etc.

• +1
Reactions: ferdaboybenny

I made this routine based of this guide for oily skin I was just Wondering if I need more of something or have to much with a recommendation of something else.

Morning

Cleanse - Avene Cleanance Cleansing Gel

Vitamin C - The ordinary 2%Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Hyaluronic Acid - The ordinary B5
Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5

Moisturizer And SPF - CeraVe Ultra-Light Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30

Evening

1st Cleanse - Jordan Samuel skin THE AFTER SHOW TREATMENT CLEANSER

2nd Cleanse - Avene Cleanance Cleansing Gel

AHA or BHA - the ordinary Solution

Glycolic Acid 7% Exfoliating Toner

Niacinamide - the ordinary 1%
Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Moisturizer - Kate somerville Oil Free Moisture

Oil - Indeed lab squalane lightweight facial oil

Shit thread just eat raw meat

• Ugh..
Reactions: Dicktator

It's as a google doc so I can add more info as and when. If there's anything specific that you want to be in there, let me know and I'll see what I can

How long can i be in the sun while using tretenoin??