Some observations on hair loss and inflammation

LordNorwood

LordNorwood

This Too Shall Pass
During my break from the site one thing I did was go back and forth between carnivore and my usual high sugar high carb diet to see what effect it had on me. Longest carnivore I did was 3 days. Things I noticed:
  • on carnivore all dandruff and scalp inflammation (redness, itchiness) vanishes literally on day one
  • when consuming sugar dandruff and inflammation is back a few hours after consumption
  • my hair is greasier on sugar/carbs and my temples are oilier, both these indicate higher androgenic activity in my scalp
I plan on switching over to carnivore primarily for anti-inflammation purposes soon here and also doing a lot of research on inflammation and its links to hair loss. Will update.
My current thought now is scalp inflammation -> body sends DHT and other things to scalp -> hair loss
@Deliciadecu

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend, PURE ARYAN GENETICS, diggbicc and 2 others
only think that works for my dandruff is nizoral

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
only think that works for my dandruff is nizoral
For me it helps but does not fully get rid of it. Only completely removing sugar and carbs seems to cure it.

For me it helps but does not fully get rid of it. Only completely removing sugar and carbs seems to cure it.
head and shoulders literally makes it worse in my experience

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Robocok, 6'4 looksmaxxxer, Zeta ascended and 1 other person
Isn't carnivore diet Hella expensive tho

• +1
Isn't carnivore diet Hella expensive tho
Depends I think
I am probably just gonna buy meat in bulk and freeze what I don't eat on the day
I doubt it exceeds my budget right now where I get fast food like every day

To each his own, but the carnivore diet is the ultimate looksmin. You'll age horribly following that diet, then you'll get cancer before you hit 60. Fun times!

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1464 and LordNorwood
To each his own, but the carnivore diet is the ultimate looksmin. You'll age horribly following that diet, then you'll get cancer before you hit 60. Fun times!
We will see, I'll update with changes I notice.

I supplement taurine to reverse hairloss and it's working out so far for the last 4 years. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18489269

• +1
I supplement taurine to reverse hairloss and it's working out so far for the last 4 years. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18489269
What improvement did you notice specifically?

What improvement did you notice specifically?
No recession in my hairline since I started taking it. Also I feel like my scalp became denser and thicker whenever I run my hands through it but that could be me just imagining things.

• +1
No recession in my hairline since I started taking it. Also I feel like my scalp became denser and thicker whenever I run my hands through it but that could be me just imagining things.
Did you have recession before?

Did you have recession before?
Slight nothing major. My dad started receding heavily in his mid thirties, so I'm expecting the same to happen to me at that age.

• +1
You need more time to test it. That could've been just a coincidence of you washing your hair with shampoo

L O W

I Q

• JFL
sugar bad

• +1
You need more time to test it. That could've been just a coincidence of you washing your hair with shampoo
That's exactly what I'm doing next. I didn't change anything about my shampoo though still only use Nizoral twice a week or so. I have tracked spikes in my dandruff and scalp inflammation to sugar binges in the past, but if it crops back up again on carnivore then either carnivore is not as anti inflammatory as I hoped or my problem isn't an inflammatory diet after all.
L O W

I Q
Closedmindedcel
sugar bad
Indeed

During my break from the site one thing I did was go back and forth between carnivore and my usual high sugar high carb diet to see what effect it had on me. Longest carnivore I did was 3 days. Things I noticed:
  • on carnivore all dandruff and scalp inflammation (redness, itchiness) vanishes literally on day one
  • when consuming sugar dandruff and inflammation is back a few hours after consumption
  • my hair is greasier on sugar/carbs and my temples are oilier, both these indicate higher androgenic activity in my scalp
I plan on switching over to carnivore primarily for anti-inflammation purposes soon here and also doing a lot of research on inflammation and its links to hair loss. Will update.
My current thought now is scalp inflammation -> body sends DHT and other things to scalp -> hair loss
@Deliciadecu
that's because carbohydrate restriction lowers testosterone

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood and thickdickdaddy27
that's because carbohydrate restriction lowers testosterone
Idk if that would be significant enough 1 day in to result in an inflammation reduction, a ceasing of inflammatory processes makes much more sense

That's exactly what I'm doing next. I didn't change anything about my shampoo though still only use Nizoral twice a week or so. I have tracked spikes in my dandruff and scalp inflammation to sugar binges in the past, but if it crops back up again on carnivore then either carnivore is not as anti inflammatory as I hoped or my problem isn't an inflammatory diet after all.

Closedmindedcel

Indeed

I've made some researches, a diet rich in quercetin and curcumin are the best options to fight against inflammation, both combat Prostaglandin D2, which is inflammatory and it's found on bald scalp just like DHT (Anti-inflammatory)

• +1
Reactions: Rift and LordNorwood
I've made some researches, a diet rich in quercetin and curcumin are the best options to fight against inflammation, both combat Prostaglandin D2, which is inflammatory and it's found on bald scalp just like DHT (Anti-inflammatory)
I was planning on bring in some anti inflammatory foods as well, but first I want to do strict carnivore for a while just to see what effect it has on me.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1100
A week of carnivore gave me the clearest skin I’d had in years. Too bad I couldn’t digest it all without shitting myself

• +1
A week of carnivore gave me the clearest skin I’d had in years. Too bad I couldn’t digest it all without shitting myself
No fiber in diet = horrible shitting experience. There's no after-shit glow with the carnivore diet jfl

• +1
Dosage?

• +1
Water is wet
Carnivore is meaty
Sky is blue

• +1
Good for thinking outside the box, and not just swallowing whole the ‘dht causes all hairloss’ cliche put forth by most in hair industry. Though I do think dht is the single largest factor.

• +1
Reactions: Ogmanman and LordNorwood

Closedmindedcel

Indeed
I switched to duta nearly a week ago and I *think* my scalp is less itchy. I also *think* there are tiny hairs growing on hairline. I need more time to say for sure though. I finish my cycle soon as well which should help immensely.

• +1
Why not try duta+mino+keto shampoo ?

• +1
Why not try duta+mino+keto shampoo ?
I'm currently on fin and keto shampoo. For duta, I'm rethinking it now, some people didn't see increased gains on duta after switching and actually took another shed as well. For mino, hilariously enough @Lifeisgood72 has put me off on it lol.

• +1
Reactions: 6'4 looksmaxxxer
I'm currently on fin and keto shampoo. For duta, I'm rethinking it now, some people didn't see increased gains on duta after switching and actually took another shed as well. For mino, hilariously enough @Lifeisgood72 has put me off on it lol.
Never get on minox and get off fin asap.

• +1
Never get on minox and get off fin asap.
I will never get off fin tbh, hair is life
But collagen is also life, so I will be stepping up my skin care ASAP

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA
Total BS! I'm healthier, stronger
and according to my girlfriend, better looking including my skin since switching to a heavily meat based aip diet.

Interesting vids on the subject:

This is my personal experience:

• +1
Is carnivore a literally all meat diet? It sounds really expensive unless you want diseased-quality meats. What about keto instead? It seems like you'd miss out of a ton of nutrients that you could easily get on keto like kale, spinach, etc.

• +1
Is carnivore a literally all meat diet? It sounds really expensive unless you want diseased-quality meats. What about keto instead? It seems like you'd miss out of a ton of nutrients that you could easily get on keto like kale, spinach, etc.
Idk I need to do more research. But i want to at least try carnivore as an experiment. I think you can get all your nutrients from meat alone provided you also eat fish and organs.

• +1
Reactions: Jerzy Bondov, OOGABOOGA and theanonymousone
IMHO it’s the fact that you are abstaining from sugar as opposed to a general intolerance to carbohydrates. When I cut sugar I notice my skin improves and scalp flakes much less.

• +1
IMHO it’s the fact that you are abstaining from sugar as opposed to a general intolerance to carbohydrates. When I cut sugar I notice my skin improves and scalp flakes much less.
Very well could be true, also I like your username

Slight nothing major. My dad started receding heavily in his mid thirties, so I'm expecting the same to happen to me at that age.

In addition to its effects on alopecia, taurine is a "wonder amino acid" according to many studies on its health properties. You're definitely right to supplement with it. How much grams per day do you take btw ?

• +1
In addition to its effects on alopecia, taurine is a "wonder amino acid" according to many studies on its health properties. You're definitely right to supplement with it. How much grams per day do you take btw ?
I take 2

• +1

Didn't fix her hypergamy
@Deliciadecu
boyoy you eating dat raw stuff or you cookin like a pleb?

Last edited:
  • +1
Didn't fix her hypergamy

boyoy you eating dat raw stuff or you cookin like a pleb?
cookin like a pleb ngl
but I was cooking shit rare, it is fucking good