STRŌMA (EYE COLOR CHANGE) EXPLAINED: MEGA-THREAD

Blue eyes don't do shit if you live in a blue eye majority place.

I have blue eyes, maybe it's great for locationmaxxing.

I'm quite average here but what if i'd go to asia as a tall, muscular blue eyed guy?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23778, CopeTilliRope, Marsiere214 and 1 other person
Blue eyes don't do shit if you live in a blue eye majority place.

I have blue eyes, maybe it's great for locationmaxxing.

I'm quite average here but what if i'd go to asia as a tall, muscular blue eyed guy?
Blue are still preferred over brown eyes in a blue-eyed majority area.

In Asia, your blue eyes would bring you quite the halo. They’re very beneficial.

• +1
Reactions: 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫, Deleted member, Marsiere214 and 3 others

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: wificonnector, Deleted member 29155, Deleted member 4946 and 3 others
cant wait when niggers get this surgery, do skin bleaching, dye hair blonde and start larping as whitecels

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 29155, Deleted member 22930, Deleted member and 3 others
nice @Alexanderr

• +1
Reactions: 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫 and Alexanderr
INTRODUCTION

View attachment 755295

I’ve been researching the company, its procedure, and the technology behind it for well over a year now and in that time frame, I’ve seen an increase in interest toward it. Coming with that, of course, a lot of questions and critique. With this thread, I intend to answer some frequently asked questions and address the commonly mentioned alternatives to STRŌMA in different countries.

TABLE OF CONTENTS
  1. What is it?
  2. How does it work?
  3. Safety
  4. Early results
  5. All methods of eye color change
  6. Why get the procedure?
  7. Release date
  8. Presentation video by STRŌMA ® MEDICAL
  9. TLDR

WHAT IS IT?

View attachment 755309

STRŌMA is essentially a laser procedure that changes your eye color from natural brown to natural hazel, lighter brown, grey, blue or green color. The number of treatments required to achieve your desired color depends on how dark the eye is preoperatively and how light the eye color you which to achieve is. The procedure is still in clinical trials.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

View attachment 755335

In humans, iris pigmentation ranges from light brown to black, and, depending on how light scatters in the iris stroma through the Tyndall effect, the iris can appear blue, green, or hazel. Basically, under every brown eye is a blue or green appearing eye color in natural light. This is true regardless of race, ethnicity, or national origin.

The STRŌMA Laser procedure generates a low-energy laser beam that passes through the clear cornea of the eye and slightly heats the brown pigment on the front surface of the iris. This heating initiates a natural metabolic process whereby scavenger cells are dispatched through the bloodstream to the iris surface and gradually digest the pigment and remove it through the iris and bloodstream, revealing the natural underlying blue or green eye. The noninvasive surgical procedure combines eye mapping, eye tracking, and a frequency-doubled Nd:YAG laser to capture, track, and change the color of the iris safely and effectively.

View attachment 755298

MORE DETAILED EXPLANATION

SAFETY

It’s important to remember, no medical procedure is 100% safe 100% of the time. A person can be injured with a tongue depressor or a thermometer if used improperly. That being said, the procedure is undergoing clinical trials and has been, successful, for the last few years.

Getting STRŌMA should not increase your chances of developing eye-related cancers nor macular degeneration. It shouldn’t increase sensitivity to light either. Yes, people with light eyes are typically more sensitive to light than people with dark eyes, but this is not because of the color of their eyes. People with light eyes have less pigment on the front surface of their irises, but they also have less pigment throughout their eyes, including less pigment protecting the retinas in the backs of their eyes. As a result, these eyes are more sensitive to light than the more heavily pigmented retinas of people with dark eyes. STRŌMA does not remove pigment from or otherwise affect the retina, so it would not increase light sensitivity.

As for concerns regarding it blinding you... STRŌMA’s low energy laser only treats the iris (with high-accuracy). It does not enter the pupil or treat any portion of the inside of the eye, which is where important components of vision are located. Apart from that, the laser is weak enough to not affect your vision even if it did go over your pupil.

It is also important to note that the pigment is carried away by the vascular system after treatment, it is not released into the anterior chamber, where it could clog the trabecular meshwork, consequently increasing eye pressure.

The purpose of their formal clinical trials is to quantify the risk (and degree) of injury and modify the procedure to minimize such risks. STRŌMA has undertaken a detailed and protracted clinical trial process to ensure that any such risk from the procedure is minimized.

EARLY RESULTS

View attachment 755296

Significant laboratory and animal testing were completed before the first-in-human trial of this technology. To date, 11 years of animal data and 7 years of human data have demonstrated the safety and effectiveness of the STRŌMA procedure.

In human trials, the clinical process involved treating superior (3 to 4 clock hours) segments at first, and then full irides as well as altering the energy applied to the iris to minimize adverse events and to help define key parameters of success. As greater energy was introduced into the eye, more iris pigment was released through the vasculature.

During the first-in-human evaluation of the procedure, conducted in November 2018 at two sites in Central America, 14 patients in Costa Rica and 20 patients in Panama received treatment in only a pie-shaped portion of the iris equivalent to 3 or 4 clock hours. A full-iris trial was completed in March 2019, with 30 patients receiving treatment of the whole iris.

View attachment 755299

What can be shared at this time is the excellent safety profile demonstrated in the 64 patients who have been treated so far. Each patient went through rigorous testing, including an external eye examination; dry eye assessment; visual acuity, color vision, and contrast sensitivity testing; retinal health assessment, including assessment for age-related macular degeneration; glaucoma testing, including IOP, iridocorneal angle, and trabecular meshwork pigmentation; OCT imaging; assessment of atrophy and transillumination defects; pupillary health assessment, including size, shape, and reactivity; and measurements of endothelial loss and damage, crystalline lens health, anterior chamber cell and flare, and treatment efficacy, including saturation and hue.

ALL METHODS OF EYE COLOR CHANGE

1. COLORED CONTACTS

View attachment 755318

Colored contact lenses provide temporary eye color change if and when they are worn. The advantages of colored contact lenses are that they: permit the user to test run various eye colors without any permanent commitment; do not require any surgical procedures, and can look natural if brown contact lenses are used to make blue or green eyes appear brown. The disadvantages of colored contact lenses are that they: can appear unnatural if blue or green contact lenses are used to make brown eyes appear blue or green; they provide only temporary color change; are poorly tolerated by about 50% of the population due to irritation and discomfort; may cause eye infections, corneal abrasions, and eye disorders; and because the size of the non-colored lens center is fixed, it does not dilate with the pupil of the eye, which can interfere with night vision.

2. COLORED IRIS IMPLANTS

View attachment 755297

Colored iris implants are colored (brown, blue, or green) discs in the shape of an iris that is implanted through the cornea and sutured onto the iris surface. The advantages of colored iris implants are that they: provide permanent eye color change if not removed; and can look somewhat natural if brown implants are used to make blue or green eyes appear brown. The disadvantages of colored iris implants are that they: look highly unnatural if blue or green implants are used to make brown eyes appear blue or green; are extremely painful (according to the American Academy of Ophthalmology, and they can cause many serious eye disorders (e.g., elevated intraocular pressure, glaucoma, endothelial loss, decomposition of iris tissue, and even vision loss), and they often must be removed during the first year to preserve the patient’s vision.

3. CORNEAL PIGMENTATION

Corneal pigmentation involves injecting or tattooing pigments into the cornea to simulate a colored iris, creating a kind of colored contact lens embedded into the cornea. It’s idiotic and should be avoided.

4. LASER EYE COLOR CHANGE

View attachment 755304

Laser eye color change involves applying a laser beam to the iris of the eye to stimulate the removal of pigment from the iris surface and reveal the natural blue or green color lying beneath the pigment. The procedure was invented by STRŌMA’s founder, Dr. Gregg Homer, and his first patents were filed in early 2001 and his latest in 2020. The advantages of STRŌMA laser color change are that: it is surgically non-invasive; its effects should be permanent; it does not interfere with vision in dilated pupils; it creates a completely natural-looking blue, green, grey, hazel, or light brown iris (because it is a completely natural blue, green, grey, hazel, or light brown iris); it should be well-tolerated by patients; it should be pain-free, and it should be safe. The only disadvantage of STRŌMA laser color change so far is that it cannot reverse the color-change process by, for example, changing a green or blue eye into a brown eye.

Do note, however, that the description of laser eye color change above is specific to the STRŌMA procedure.

Since STRŌMA first announced its procedure in late 2011, several black market profiteers have emerged in Spain, Turkey, Argentina, and Mexico, and elsewhere. Most of these being mentioned here very frequently as a presumably better, cheaper alternative to STRŌMA. These black market operators use off-the-shelf lasers designed for unrelated procedures in an attempt to perform laser eye color change. Most of these lasers have not been clinically studied for safety or efficacy of eye color change, and to the best of my knowledge, none of them has been approved by any government agency for eye color change.

The STRŌMA laser was specifically designed and built for eye color change. It is a completely different device than the lasers used in the black markets. The STRŌMA laser produces a unique and proprietary laser beam that achieves better cosmetic outcomes, without posing a risk of injury to the eye. Whereas the black market laser beams are guided by hand, the Strōma laser beam is guided by high-speed mirrors, which in turn, are guided by a sophisticated and proprietary computer diagnostics program that moderates the energy, position, and focus of every laser spot. Whereas the black market lasers cannot detect sudden head or eye movement, the STRŌMA laser contains sophisticated and proprietary imaging systems to detect any such movement and interrupt or adjust the laser beam within fractions of a second. The STRŌMA detection system helps to ensure a safe and efficacious procedure every time.

Why even want light eyes?

View attachment 755305

Well, light eyes are overwhelmingly preferred over dark eyes by men and women alike. They are associated with beauty, youth, and sometimes coldness. They provide a great contrast between your hair, eyebrows, skin, and eyes. Making them more captivating than their dark(er) counterparts. Another part of their appeal could be explained by their rarity, most humans on earth don’t have light eyes.

View attachment 755303

RELEASE DATE

Sadly, there’s currently not a commercial release date available. The anticipated milestones trough commercial release as follows:
  • Complete construction of initial commercial STRŌMA Laser System.
  • Commence clinical trials with initial commercial STRŌMA Lasers on 150-200 patients among 3-4 international study centers.
  • Secure regulatory approval of the initial commercial STRŌMA Laser System outside of the United States.
  • Release STRŌMA Laser procedure outside the U.S. (e.g., European Union, Asia, Middle East, Canada, and Central and South America).
  • Complete U.S. clinical trials for the STRŌMA Laser procedure.
  • Release STRŌMA Laser procedure in the U.S.
I think it’ll get released in late 2023 perhaps early 2024. The virus has significantly delayed progress, after all.

PRESENTATION VIDEO BY STRŌMA ® MEDICAL‘S FOUNDER EXPLAINING THE PROCEDURE

TLDR:

View attachment 755302

Under every brown eye is a blue or green appearing eye color in natural light. This is true regardless of race, ethnicity, or national origin.

The STRŌMA Laser procedure generates a low-energy laser beam that passes through the clear cornea of the eye and slightly heats the brown pigment on the front surface of the iris. This heating initiates a natural metabolic process whereby scavenger cells are dispatched through the bloodstream to the iris surface and gradually digest the pigment and remove it through the iris and bloodstream, revealing the natural underlying blue or green eyes.

US clinical trials of this technology are planned. And in the meantime, there is strong evidence from animal and international human studies to suggest that the Strōma treatment can safely, effectively, and permanently change iris color. The company has good multinational intellectual property coverage and a clear regulatory and clinical pathway.

can you do Stroma if you have already green-grey eyes to get even lighter eyes?

• +1
Reactions: Canwefixit and Alexanderr
Pretty sure you can but it'd do more harm than good. They wouldn't allow you many sessions I think.

• +1
Reactions: BlindMaxxer
Dark feathers are disgusting

• +1
Reactions: Alexanderr
Yes.
Pretty sure you can but it'd do more harm than good. They wouldn't allow you many sessions I think.
It’s not about wheter they’d allow him more sessions or not but more so about whether he’d need them.
If you already have light eyes, you’re not required as many sessions to get to your desired shade/color.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member, BlindMaxxer and Deleted member 9699
Yes.

It’s not about wheter they’d allow him more sessions or not but more so about whether he’d need them.
If you already have light eyes, you’re not required as many sessions to get to your desired shade/color.
Yeah that's what I meant.

• +1
but it says there isnt that much harm
hell yeah baby blue eyes incoming

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214 and Alexanderr
but it says there isnt that much harm

hell yeah baby blue eyes incoming
Dont think u can get to baby blue from green but I could be wrong

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214, BlindMaxxer and Alexanderr
Dont think u can get to baby blue from green but I could be wrong
you could ask maybe it is possible i mean you go from brown to blue so going from green to blue isnt that unrealistic. plus light green is also good so win win i guess

• +1
Reactions: Alexanderr and Deleted member 9699
you could ask maybe it is possible i mean you go from brown to blue so going from green to blue isnt that unrealistic. plus light green is also good so win win i guess
no

you go from brown to blue because dark brown eyes have blue eyes under the melanin
but with green eyes thats not the case

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6892, Alexanderr, BlindMaxxer and 1 other person
no

you go from brown to blue because dark brown eyes have blue eyes under the melanin
ahh okay well like i said light green aint that bad too hahah

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214, Alexanderr and Deleted member 9699
  • +1
Reactions: 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫 and MrGlutton
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: MrGlutton and Alexanderr
@Alexanderr

you sure this is coming out in 2023?

• +1
@Alexanderr

you sure this is coming out in 2023?
Yeah, I think so. Would’ve been earlier if it weren’t for the fact the trials got delayed because of the virus.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member, Deleted member 5292 and MrGlutton
This entire thread just proves that amber eyes are superior since you will probably be able to get a surgery like this in the future to remove eumelanin, but you can’t really inject lipochrome into your iris can you?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: doll, Deleted member 5292 and Alexanderr
no

not exactly.. looking at mines deeper i see a greenish color?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6892
It's worthy to note your not gonna get the type of blue you want the baby blue you can get contacts but all stroma does is wipe away the pigment some ethnicities have to much unforantely so they can't get the baby blue look
Storma literally wipes away all of pigment it doesn’t matter how much u have

also while it’s not gonna give u Alain delon eye color if u do get stroma and u want the blue eye look contacta r gonna look more realistic on u

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973, Alexanderr and reptiles

also while it’s not gonna give u Alain delon eye color if u do get stroma and u want the blue eye look contacta r gonna look more realistic on u

Yeah and what you get is what you have after the removemeny your not gonna get baby blue at best possible light blue perhaps of the melanisan kind

• +1
Reactions: Alexanderr and Deleted member 6892
not exactly.. looking at mines deeper i see a greenish color?
Generally very dark brown eyes are blue underneath
But there’s always the chance it’s green underneath
U can’t go from blue to green and vice versa but brown eyes can go to blue or green depending on their innate color

• +1
Reactions: MrGlutton and Alexanderr
Yeah and what you get is what you have after the removemeny your not gonna get baby blue at best possible light blue perhaps of the melanisan kind
Yes but remember brown eyes have thick lumbar rings so even if u get light weird blue coupled with lImbal ring it’s gonna look modern

I think the baby blue is achievable for me I had insane stark blue eyes and blond hair until 6 month old wen melanin kicked in

• +1
how to avoid being viewed as a soy boy faggit to all family and friends after I surgically change my eye colour? Would be a good follow up thread ngl

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: i_shiizu, Brigadinho, Deleted member 4946 and 8 others
no

You’re right, that being said, I do recall reading on their Facebook page they’re also working on something that will allow green eyes to turn blue and blue eyes to turn green (iirc). Not exactly sure what the process behind it would be though.

It could potentially give you Delons eye color (or something similar) if their saturation treatments work correctly & effectively.
how to avoid being viewed as a soy boy faggit to all family and friends after I surgically change my eye colour? Would be a good follow up thread ngl
Still trying to figure that one out myself, we’ve still got some time to figure that out though. It’ll be a couple of years before it can get released.

You could claim you had to surgically get rid of your eye pigment because you developed an eye condition like pigmentary glaucoma or pigment dispersion syndrome.

Whether STRŌMA is actually effective at treating these conditions, I have no idea but it’s a believable bullshit story as long as they don’t look too much into it.

Of course, you can also just be straight up about it and they might not mind it too much.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9488, Deleted member 5292, Deleted member 9699 and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973 and Alexanderr
Yeah, I think so. Would’ve been earlier if it weren’t for the fact the trials got delayed because of the virus.
i can't access the stroma fb private group anymore but man there is no way stroma is getting released in 2023 ... tbh 2025 is best bet and i'm being nice they didn't even start their so called full iris trial and keep bulshitting + results don't even beat yeaux clairs or even the shitty ones from grimaldos in spain so don't get your hopes too high

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member and Alexanderr
Everyone on this thread has brown eyes and i mog them into suicide 😜😜

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 29155, Deleted member 2214 and Alexanderr
i can't access the stroma fb private group anymore but man there is no way stroma is getting released in 2023 ... tbh 2025 is best bet and i'm being nice they didn't even start their so called full iris trial and keep bulshitting
What do you mean they haven’t started their full iris trial? They did so well over a year ago. In fact, the first full iris trial was completed back in March of 2019. I’ve even posted the results of those in the thread.
don't even beat yeaux clairs or even the shitty ones from grimaldos in spain so don't get your hopes too high
STRŌMA results up until now have all been clinical trial results, where not all pigment cells have been removed from the iris and near the pupil, resulting in an odd-looking brown-blue iris, so it’s to be expected they won’t look as good.

That being said, STRŌMA offers several benefits other laser eye color change procedures don’t, STRŌMA is able to predict the color obtained after treatment unlike Yeux Clair or Grimaldos & STRŌMA doesn’t result in short term complications like blurred vision, high intraocular pressure, stinging & red eyes unlike Yeux Clair.

In fact, involuntary eye movements during Yeux Clair’s procedure can cause bleeding, burns in the retina or a cataract. With STRŌMA this isn’t the case because their noninvasive surgical procedure combines eye mapping, eye tracking, and a frequency-doubled Nd:YAG laser to capture, track, and change the color of the iris safely and effectively.

The Yeux Clair procedure might moreover result in discoria, macular and/or retina burning, iritis, imtraocular pressure elevation, anterior synechia, iris hemmorrhage, corneal edema, cataracts, holes in the iris or iris atrophy. I’m not making these up either, they’re all listed on their website.

Yeux Clair & Grimaldos don’t appear to have any publicized clinical trials about laser eye color change which can be peer-reviewed (which could determine the quality of the results and the potential complications) even though both companies have commercially released their procedures.

To be fair, STRŌMA hasn’t either but they’re still conducting their clinical trials so it makes sense. STRŌMA has, however, conducted several pilot studies, these usually just aren't released to the public.

• +1
Reactions: Administrator and CopeTilliRope
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member, Alexanderr and MrGlutton
LIFE FUEL LIFE FUEL LIFE FUEL

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member, Marsiere214 and Alexanderr
What do you mean they haven’t started their full iris trial? They did so well over a year ago. In fact, the first full iris trial was completed back in March of 2019. I’ve even posted the results of those in the thread.

STRŌMA results up until now have all been clinical trial results, where not all pigment cells have been removed from the iris and near the pupil, resulting in an odd-looking brown-blue iris, so it’s to be expected they won’t look as good.

That being said, STRŌMA offers several benefits other laser eye color change procedures don’t, STRŌMA is able to predict the color obtained after treatment unlike Yeux Clair or Grimaldos & STRŌMA doesn’t result in short term complications like blurred vision, high intraocular pressure, stinging & red eyes unlike Yeux Clair.

In fact, involuntary eye movements during Yeux Clair’s procedure can cause bleeding, burns in the retina or a cataract. With STRŌMA this isn’t the case because their noninvasive surgical procedure combines eye mapping, eye tracking, and a frequency-doubled Nd:YAG laser to capture, track, and change the color of the iris safely and effectively.

The Yeux Clair procedure might moreover result in discoria, macular and/or retina burning, iritis, imtraocular pressure elevation, anterior synechia, iris hemmorrhage, corneal edema, cataracts, holes in the iris or iris atrophy. I’m not making these up either, they’re all listed on their website.

Yeux Clair & Grimaldos don’t appear to have any publicized clinical trials about laser eye color change which can be peer-reviewed (which could determine the quality of the results and the potential complications) even though both companies have commercially released their procedures.

To be fair, STRŌMA hasn’t either but they’re still conducting their clinical trials so it makes sense. STRŌMA has, however, conducted several pilot studies, these usually just aren't released to the public.
they still have to conduct their so called "final full iris trial" they kept telling about in fb comment aka a phase 3 study which can take years knowing them. and i whish i could share your optimism concerning that company but you're right in term of safety and predictability if they deliver they will be years away of other company i'm just concerned about the results that doesn't appear to be better than grimaldos so far ( they frauded and photoshopped the " saturation" process when they showed their results back then so lets be carefull) .

we gotta hope and see but if your eyes are not darker than a light grade 3 atm i think it's gonna be a nice little and efficient softmax.

Last edited:
  • +1
i used to be blonde and blue eyed when i was young
lifefuel

• +1
would you be able to ge this if you had laser eye surgery? PRK or Lasik?

• +1
would you be able to ge this if you had laser eye surgery? PRK or Lasik?
LASIK is not contraindicated, however, your Certified Strōma physician would make the final decision on whether you could have the procedure.

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214 and needsurgeryasap
It's worthy to note your not gonna get the type of blue you want the baby blue you can get contacts but all stroma does is wipe away the pigment some ethnicities have to much unforantely so they can't get the baby blue look
Many eye practitioners are against this procedure including my father

you can get macular degeneration and fuck up your eyes

it works by stripping off Pigment on your iris but the laser can affect the back of your eyes

acuve oasis colors and dalies colors are the best brands on the market for colored contacts and look extremely realistic

• +1
Reactions: Soalian, reptiles and Alexanderr

it works by stripping off Pigment on your iris but the laser can affect the back of your eyes

acuve oasis colors and dalies colors are the best brands on the market for colored contacts and look extremely realistic
I already addressed all your concerns in the “safety“ section of my thread.

there is a statistical likelihood, that, on this planet right now, is an insecure manlet virgin who sought to change his eye colour with stroma and ended up being partially blind

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29155, Deleted member 23778, Deleted member and 2 others
there is a statistical likelihood, that, on this planet right now, is an insecure manlet virgin who sought to change his eye colour with stroma and ended up being partially blind
How so? The amount of people who’ve gotten this particular procedure shouldn’t exceed a 100. Besides that, none of the patients have experienced adverse side effects so far.

• +1
Reactions: 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫 and Deleted member
Ex

Don't know about the brands you mention, but afaik Solotica Natural lenses, and lenses from 9mmsfx are the best colored contacts out there

• +1
Reactions: i_shiizu
Is this procedure only for individuals with brown eyes?
I have blue-green eyes and they’re midpoint between light and dark, would this make them lighter?
Great thread btw.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6997 and lejend