Sunscreen is such a pain in the ass to use properly, and is heavily overrated for anti-aging tbh ngl

D

Deleted member 31767

Iron
The rabbit hole never ends when it comes to this shit.

Different UV rating systems and regulations internationally, different filters and levels of UVA/UVB protection, greasy looking skin, cost prohibitive tiny ass tubes, acne-causing formulations, sourcing the actually good products from overseas (if you're an Americacel), and so on.

Not to mention how god damn neurotic trying to adhere to the 2 hour reapplication rule will make you. Constantly evaluating how many hours you've been in the sun, what the UV index is that day, if you've accidentally sweated/rubbed off your previous layer, etc. If you truly followed all the guidelines to a T, you'd basically never step foot outside of your underground bunker without first taking a shower in sunscreen, then grabbing your niqab to go.

I mean I get it, taking one look at those heavily wrinkled, leathery skinned hags at the beach is evidence enough that too much sun exposure WILL fuck your skin, but at the same time man, there just has to be rapidly diminishing returns to all this shit. I feel like throwing on a generic sunscreen in the AM before heading out as a part of your daily routine + not sunbathing 24/7 like a moron is more than enough for most people, most of the time.

There's just so much more to the agepill than photoaging - bone loss, hair loss, loss of collagen and elastin, fat pad deterioration, sagging/drooping of skin...

Instead of locking yourself indoors 24/7, or letting yourself become chained to an insane sunscreen/UV avoidance protocol, just throw on a generous layer in the morning and go enjoy life. There are far more important, higher ROI anti-aging ventures you should be worried about instead - sleep/diet/exercise, stressminning, keeping your hairline intact with fin/dut/min/HT, keeping up your collagen with daily tretinoin use and regular laser treats, fixing bonelessness with double jaw and implants, and facial rejuvenation procedures like face lifts in middle age and up.

If you accumulate a lot of photoaging, then yes, of course that's bad for aesthetics but guess what? A simple round of properly done co2 laser resurfacing can and will reverse much of that damage, and you will have freed yourself of obsessive UV avoidance and sunscreen reapplication for decades on end.

Tl;dr fuck sunscreen neuroticism. It has its place in a daily routine (especially for preventing skin cancer), but is heavily overrated for anti aging. Can't believe I fell for it + the 10 step korean skincare shit back in the day. If only I had found this forum before I found r/skincareaddiction. But such is life

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: j05, Deleted member 47332, 147 and 2 others
not a proton

• +1
Reactions: j05
Ye, honestly it's too much mental gymnastics without a decent reward. I just stick to isotreitonin and a facial cleanser

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 47332 and redmaxx
dm me bro. i cant seem to dm you. youre high iq.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 47332
Sunscreen is probably the most important for anti-ageing, especially if you go outside a lot, sun damage is the reason why white people age worse on average (skin more sensitive to the sun)

• +1
Reactions: gribsufer1, PSLdemigod and Deleted member 47332
Sunscreen is probably the most important for anti-ageing, especially if you go outside a lot, sun damage is the reason why white people age worse on average (skin more sensitive to the sun)
I think low stress and good sleep are the most important (of what you can control, genes are still obviously #1).

But really, there is no one single thing that is most important - it's a whole host of factors that come together. Which is why I made this thread, because I think people vastly overestimate just how much sunscreen will anti-agemax them. It will prevent premature wrinkling and photoaging, sure, but slopping on more and more, or staying in the basement forever quickly runs into diminishing returns.

You have to approach this at multiple angles and not spent too much time obsessing over one vs the other

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 47332 and LooksmaxxHopeful

Different UV rating systems and regulations internationally, different filters and levels of UVA/UVB protection, greasy looking skin, cost prohibitive tiny ass tubes, acne-causing formulations, sourcing the actually good products from overseas (if you're an Americacel), and so on.

Not to mention how god damn neurotic trying to adhere to the 2 hour reapplication rule will make you. Constantly evaluating how many hours you've been in the sun, what the UV index is that day, if you've accidentally sweated/rubbed off your previous layer, etc. If you truly followed all the guidelines to a T, you'd basically never step foot outside of your underground bunker without first taking a shower in sunscreen, then grabbing your niqab to go.

I mean I get it, taking one look at those heavily wrinkled, leathery skinned hags at the beach is evidence enough that too much sun exposure WILL fuck your skin, but at the same time man, there just has to be rapidly diminishing returns to all this shit. I feel like throwing on a generic sunscreen in the AM before heading out as a part of your daily routine + not sunbathing 24/7 like a moron is more than enough for most people, most of the time.

There's just so much more to the agepill than photoaging - bone loss, hair loss, loss of collagen and elastin, fat pad deterioration, sagging/drooping of skin...

Instead of locking yourself indoors 24/7, or letting yourself become chained to an insane sunscreen/UV avoidance protocol, just throw on a generous layer in the morning and go enjoy life. There are far more important, higher ROI anti-aging ventures you should be worried about instead - sleep/diet/exercise, stressminning, keeping your hairline intact with fin/dut/min/HT, keeping up your collagen with daily tretinoin use and regular laser treats, fixing bonelessness with double jaw and implants, and facial rejuvenation procedures like face lifts in middle age and up.

If you accumulate a lot of photoaging, then yes, of course that's bad for aesthetics but guess what? A simple round of properly done co2 laser resurfacing can and will reverse much of that damage, and you will have freed yourself of obsessive UV avoidance and sunscreen reapplication for decades on end.

Tl;dr fuck sunscreen neuroticism. It has its place in a daily routine (especially for preventing skin cancer), but is heavily overrated for anti aging. Can't believe I fell for it + the 10 step korean skincare shit back in the day. If only I had found this forum before I found r/skincareaddiction. But such is life
Real, just get a cheap spf one

• +1
You don’t have to reapply it every 2 hours unless you are at the beach/pool and washing it off all the time through swimming.
1-2 times a day is more than enough. If you live in really sunny regions like Dubai it might be different tho.

• +1

if you use more than the size of a rain drop ur skin gets greasy asf too