Talked with my doctor about why RU58841 might not have been in a 3rd phase trial

CopingCel

CopingCel

Coping never ends
Some days ago when I had a conversation with my GP about taking fin, I told him about RU58841 as well and asked him what he thinks about internet rumors for the trial discontinuation.

Currently, no one knows officially for what reasons RU58841 has never undergone a 3rd phase trial. Rumors on the internet, however, say that there is a good chance that it just was not commercially viable. The reasons are that RU seems to be one of the strongest antiandrogens and can possibly cause severe damage if used incorrectly or children/women come into contact with it.

Finasteride pills are coated in a protective layer to prevent absorption through the skin, which makes it almost save for people around you.

But RU has to be applied topically which makes it easy to overdose and even easier to spread it on all kinds of surfaces where other people could accidentally get into contact with it and could get severely injured.

My doctor said these internet speculations could be very well the reason why tests have never gone further. He said such a drug would never be able to be approved here in Germany.

I think I will give it a try when during my first steroid cycle next year.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3902 and CupOfCoffee
Women are pissing estrogen into our water supply every day without a care in the world, I don't care if RU turns their insides out.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: HowAmIAlive123, Chadelite, EdwardCullen and 7 others
Some days ago when I had a conversation with my GP about taking fin, I told him about RU58841 as well and asked him what he thinks about internet rumors for the trial discontinuation.

Currently, no one knows officially for what reasons RU58841 has never undergone a 3rd phase trial. Rumors on the internet, however, say that there is a good chance that it just was not commercially viable. The reasons are that RU seems to be one of the strongest antiandrogens and can possibly cause severe damage if used incorrectly or children/women come into contact with it.

Finasteride pills are coated in a protective layer to prevent absorption through the skin, which makes it almost save for people around you.

But RU has to be applied topically which makes it easy to overdose and even easier to spread it on all kinds of surfaces where other people could accidentally get into contact with it and could get severely injured.

My doctor said these internet speculations could be very well the reason why tests have never gone further. He said such a drug would never be able to be approved here in Germany.

Most RU58841 users apply it on their scalp thinking it will cure balding without decreasing systemic DHT levels.
The truth is even a microdose of RU58841 can penetrate the skin and enter the blood flow, then it can reach the organs where DHT is produced (testicles and prostate) to stop DHT production.
it doesn't matter where you apply topical finasteride and topical RU58841: it will always enter your blood vessels and stop DHt production in your prostate

• Hmm...
  • WTF
Reactions: EdwardCullen, LordNorwood and HighTierNormie
if finasteride looks too weak for a steroid cycle, why not using dutasteride, which is FDA approved?

• +1
Reactions: Aesthetic
Why use ru over fin or dut?

can people stop shilling this meme compound already?

• Ugh..
  • Hmm...
  • WTF
Reactions: sorrowfulsad, Zeta ascended and HighTierNormie
What does it do, stop dht in scalp?
it blocks all androgens by binding to the androgen receptors on the scalp so can permanently stop mpb but it could effectively neuter you if you swallowed it , but virtually all of it gets absorbed into the scalp when you are using the right dosage and even if a few molecules of ru managed to get into your blood stream it would'nt destroy dht like fin would

it blocks all androgens by binding to the androgen receptors on the scalp so can permanently stop mpb but it could effectively neuter you if you swallowed it , but virtually all of it gets absorbed into the scalp when you are using the right dosage and even if a few molecules of ru managed to get into your blood stream it would'nt destroy dht like fin would
How often do you have to take it?

i havent been using it but i assume once a day or maybe once every two days , your gonna have to research its half life

• +1
Reactions: Dogs
Most RU58841 users apply it on their scalp thinking it will cure balding without decreasing systemic DHT levels.
The truth is even a microdose of RU58841 can penetrate the skin and enter the blood flow, then it can reach the organs where DHT is produced (testicles and prostate) to stop DHT production.
it doesn't matter where you apply topical finasteride and topical RU58841: it will always enter your blood vessels and stop DHt production in your prostate
Dude you've been proven wrong on this over and over and over and yet you still keep repeating it. What the fuck is the deal? Also by "this" I mean your specific belief that topicals only work by reducing systemic DHT. It isn't fucking true lol. I've had a variation of this convo with you three times now and I've also seen other users engage you on it, every time you just stop replying. Source in anticipation of a counter-argument:

"Firstly, as we can see, oral finasteride has the lowest DHT reduction in the scalp – even 0.4 ml daily of 0.2275% concentration topical finasteride has shown more favorable results. But the most important thing is that the latter decreased DHT in Serum 3x less compared to the oral formulation, that means the topical solution is way less likely to cause sides effects!"
Also, these drugs don't work by going into your balls to "stop DHT production". They don't even work remotely the same way. Finasteride is a 5AR inhibitor. RU is an androgen blocker. RU has nothing to do with DHT production, it opposes the effects of DHT by competing with DHT and binding to androgen receptors. Also DHT is produced all over, we find 5AR everywhere, IIRC I showed you a study a few weeks ago proving that most of the scalp's DHT is made on-site. No idea why you cling to these disproven beliefs.
As to OP's post, another huge reason it wasn't approved is probably because it degrades quickly and you have to mix it fresh.
You should apply it every day, but I've been reading a lot of argumentation lately that its best to apply it twice a day.

if finasteride looks too weak for a steroid cycle, why not using dutasteride, which is FDA approved?
Why use ru over fin or dut?

Fin and Dut only block production of DHT which is normally fine as DHT plays the biggest role in mbp.
Testosterone can kill your hair, tool but has a much lighter effect on it.
But on a steroid cycle when your testosterone is increased to beyond normal levels it becomes dangerous to you follicles as well.

Im in no way a anangen/ru shill. I still consider it dangerous and am concerned that anangen has a quasi monopoly on it and seems to be related to hairlosstalk.com
I would not take it for a longer time either.

But I think I will try taking it for some weeks during the cycle to lessen its bad effects on my hair, cause you know: hair is life.

I will not just try taking the full dosage, I will try a 10nth of the recommended dosage before taking roids to see whether I get some sort of sides. If not I slightly increase the dosage till the recommended.
Then I will start the roids and after stopping the roids I will take ru 1week longer till the testo left my bodynand then I will stop taking it.

I think during a cycle it is potentially less dangerous becuase you have more than enough testosterine. Increase of muscle mass will also be a good indicator of whether it goes systematic to much.

Again: If you are afraid don't take this shit it definitly has some risk. No one knows about long term sides.

But I absolutely hate my life like it is right now and I am at a point where I will be taking certain risks to better it. I will even consider reducing my lifetime by 20 years in turn for having a nicer life the next 10 years a success.
Wether you do this is up to you.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
Fin and Dut only block production DHT which is normally fine as DHT plays the biggest role in mbp.
Testosterone can kill your hair as well but has a much lighter effect on your hair.
But on a steroid cycle when your testosterone is increased to beyond normal levels it becomes dangerous to you follicles as well.

Im in no way a anangen/ru shill. I still consider it dangerous and am concerned that anangen has a quasi monopoly on it and seemsnto be related to hairlosstalk.com
I would neither consider taking it for a longer time.

But I think I will try taking it for some weeks during the cycle to lessen its bad effects on my hair, cause you: hair is life.

I will not just try taking the full dosage, I will try a 10tn of the recommended dosage before taking roids tonsee whether I get some sort of sides. If not I slightly increase the dosage till the recommended.
Then I will start the roids and after stopping the roids I will take ru 1weeknlonger till the testo left my bodynand then stop taking it.

I think during a cycle it is potentially less dangerous becuase you have more than enough testoaterone. Increase of muscle mass will also be a good indicator of whether it goes systematic to much.

Again: If you are afraid don't take this shit it definitly has some risk. No one knows about long term sides.

But I absolutely hate my life like it it right now and I am at a point where I will be taking certain risks to better it I will even consider reducing my lifetime by 20 years in turn for having a nicer life the next 10 years a success. I am willing to take some planned risks.
Wether you do is up to you.
In some cases the devil you don't know is better than the devil you do. Tbqh I would much rather try something which mechanism wise should cause no bad sides and maybe die in 20 years from complications than live the next 20 years a haircel. To each their own though.

• +1
Reactions: CopingCel