tDCS & Multiple MRI Scans made me NT and low-hib

bonesoverblood

bonesoverblood

137 IQ 《◇》
Wow.

So tDCS is an experimental method of treatment for mental disorders, etc.

I underwent a clinical treatment with it, for an hour straight. Immediately, it felt like a weight had been lifted off, like I felt like a normal person. NT.

I had a pad attached to my head, then one on my body, with gel.

After this, I underwent MRI scans. Every scan I underwent (Hour long each), I got lower in inhibition.

I think if I went for one more tDCS and MRI, I could be High NT, but I want to go for like three hours.

• Woah
Reactions: EthnicelAscension
Can u explain what it is?

• +1
Can u explain what it is?

"Transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS), is a non-invasive, painless brain stimulation treatment that uses direct electrical currents to stimulate specific parts of the brain. A constant, low intensity current is passed through two electrodes placed over the head which modulates neuronal activity. There are two types of stimulation with tDCS: anodal and cathodal stimulation. Anodal stimulation acts to excite neuronal activity while cathodal stimulation inhibits or reduces neuronal activity. "

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Chadius, zeno and EthnicelAscension

"Transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS), is a non-invasive, painless brain stimulation treatment that uses direct electrical currents to stimulate specific parts of the brain. A constant, low intensity current is passed through two electrodes placed over the head which modulates neuronal activity. There are two types of stimulation with tDCS: anodal and cathodal stimulation. Anodal stimulation acts to excite neuronal activity while cathodal stimulation inhibits or reduces neuronal activity. "
Oh ya i heard they use this to treat depression

I wonder who this works

how much does it cost?

Mine was free, but

"The mean cost of the first treatment (given 10 sessions of non-invasive brain stimulation) is US$ 1677.20 for tDCS"

So like $160-ish per session currently.

• +1
Reactions: Slayerino
Mine was free, but

"The mean cost of the first treatment (given 10 sessions of non-invasive brain stimulation) is US$ 1677.20 for tDCS"

So like $160-ish per session currently.
Any sides? Is there a risk you might come out fully retarded?

Any sides? Is there a risk you might come out fully retarded?

Not that I know of.

Quotables:

"Some side effects associated with tDCS include a tingling or itching sensation during stimulation, a slightly metallic taste, and occasional redness at the site of the electrodes. Any redness usually fades away shortly after stimulation."

"adverse effects include skin irritation, a phosphene at the start of stimulation, nausea, headache, dizziness, and itching under the electrode."

Some anecdotes:

I personally had very strong electronic sensations, like some one had plugged me into a wall. This was very uncomfortable for a couple minutes. After that, it started to mellow out, and become painless. Slightly euphoric.

I didn't want to take it off.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: EthnicelAscension and Slayerino
Not that I know of.

Quotables:

"Some side effects associated with tDCS include a tingling or itching sensation during stimulation, a slightly metallic taste, and occasional redness at the site of the electrodes. Any redness usually fades away shortly after stimulation."

"adverse effects include skin irritation, a phosphene at the start of stimulation, nausea, headache, dizziness, and itching under the electrode."

Some anecdotes:

I personally had very strong electronic sensations, like some one had plugged me into a wall. This was very uncomfortable for a couple minutes. After that, it started to mellow out, and become painless. Slightly euphoric.

I didn't want to take it off.
The results are permanent or temporary?

The results are permanent or temporary?

I think that it depends on intensity and usage.

There are immediate effects in some studies that go away after ninety minutes, and other studies have shown years of consistent results.

I had a very high intensity session, so that could also be a contributor.

• +1
Reactions: Slayerino
I think that it depends on intensity and usage.

There are immediate effects in some studies that go away after ninety minutes, and other studies have shown years of consistent results.

I had a very high intensity session, so that could also be a contributor.
Make other threads about your experience. thx

• +1
brb plugging myself into my car battery. everything matters.

will i experience the same effects if i bath or shower with a toaster plugged in?