The best way to fix Upper Eyelid Exposure

should I stick this thread?

• yes

Votes: 99 78.6%
  • no

Votes: 27 21.4%

• Total voters
Can you get upper & lower eyelid surgery simultaneously ?

it depends on the surgery
Sorry, I actually wanted to say fillers instead of surgeries. You think it's possible to have then both ?

Sorry, I actually wanted to say fillers instead of surgeries. You think it's possible to have then both ?
yes you can get fillers where you want in one procedure

• +1
Reactions: NormieKilla
Doubt Swedish surgeons will do upper eye fillers. Would love to have it done.

@badg96 i think u need this

Sm1 link that botox uee thread

Do UEE fillers migrate at all?

Implant to fix UEE
The third strategy to obtain hooded eyes, is getting a supraorbital (below the browridge) implant. The implant is lifetime permanent (unless it triggers an infection).
The downside of the implant are the very long recovey time (because the insertion is an invasive surgery), and the huge cost.
For example Dr. Eppley's prices are around 30k nowadays.

View attachment 359636

this implant of Dr. Eppley is a combination of:
- infraorbital rim implant to improve under eye support
- lateral rim implant
- Supraorbital rim implant to fix UEE
See how the implant makes the browridge taller vertically?

:feelsmage::feelsthink::mask::feelsrope::mask::mask::mask::feelshehe::pepefrown::feelshmm::mask::pepefrown:

I have Restalyne in my upper eyelids to address my major UEE; was a massive ascension, looks great, moves naturally, and doctor said it should last for years--he said it's semi-permanent in this area. It's been there for well over a year and hasn't diminished one iota. Couldn't imagine opting for an implant instead of filler here--if it looks at all off (common for facial implants), it's a surgical revision. Far easier to nail with filler, not to mention cheaper.

• +1
Reactions: Sanguinius
Do UEE fillers migrate at all?
Mine have not. Just need to be placed very carefully; there are multiple planes in the upper eyelid region, and dropping filler into the wrong one can cause lumps. So injector needs to be experienced in this region.

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers
We are usually told fillers last 6 months in the place they where injected, resting in the tissue between the cells. After this they migrate to another part of your face until they are finally abosorbed by human body within 3-4 years

however the duration of the effect of filler injection depends on the place it was injected, for example on the upper nose, fillers last up to 12 month.
Yesterday I posted this thread, that concerns the instagram post of a doctor who injected fillers to fix upper eyelid exposure and fillers lasted incredibly 3 years.
initially I thought the doctor was larping to attract more clients, however later I read on Tabans website:

View attachment 359651

View attachment 359640

Upper eyelid fillers last 2 years on average! Considering a filler injection costs 400 $/euros this means you can fix upper eyelid exposure with 200 dollars a year.

Fat Graft for UEE

Fat grafting to get hooded eyes is possible and also forum users underwent it [2].
The requirement of fat grafting is being at least above 22% bodyfat otherwise docts will not dispose of donor fat areas.
Once the fat grafting is done, provided that a decent amout of grafter fat survives, one can lose weight again and the grafted fat will not shrink.
I will report my specific experience. While I was doing fat grafting for my tear though, I asked the doctor if he could inject some fat to get hooded eyes. He answered that because of my upper orbital shape, fat grafting was not possible. This implies that fat grafting for hooded eyes is not suitable for all patients.

Implant to fix UEE
The third strategy to obtain hooded eyes, is getting a supraorbital (below the browridge) implant. The implant is lifetime permanent (unless it triggers an infection).
The downside of the implant are the very long recovey time (because the insertion is an invasive surgery), and the huge cost.

View attachment 359636

- lateral rim implant
Can you expand on what exactly is the shape of your upper orbitals? And what make it not suitable?

I have Restalyne in my upper eyelids to address my major UEE; was a massive ascension, looks great, moves naturally, and doctor said it should last for years--he said it's semi-permanent in this area. It's been there for well over a year and hasn't diminished one iota. Couldn't imagine opting for an implant instead of filler here--if it looks at all off (common for facial implants), it's a surgical revision. Far easier to nail with filler, not to mention cheaper.
Who did yours?

Who did yours?
Eppley placed mine during placement of my malar implants, and Dr. AJ Amadi (an oculoplastics surgeon in Seattle) revised one side that was a bit lumpy.

• +1
Reactions: Sanguinius
Eppley placed mine during placement of my malar implants, and Dr. AJ Amadi (an oculoplastics surgeon in Seattle) revised one side that was a bit lumpy.
If you were to get it for the first time again would you go to Eppley or Dr. AJ Amadi?

If you were to get it for the first time again would you go to Eppley or Dr. AJ Amadi?
Probably Dr. Amadi just because he's a eye guy. I also would go to Dr. Steinsapir in LA--possibly the best oculoplastics guy in the country and I'd trust him over anyone. Beyond meticulous. But he's conservative.

• +1
Reactions: tinderhacker and Sanguinius
We are usually told fillers last 6 months in the place they where injected, resting in the tissue between the cells. After this they migrate to another part of your face until they are finally abosorbed by human body within 3-4 years

however the duration of the effect of filler injection depends on the place it was injected, for example on the upper nose, fillers last up to 12 month.
Yesterday I posted this thread, that concerns the instagram post of a doctor who injected fillers to fix upper eyelid exposure and fillers lasted incredibly 3 years.
initially I thought the doctor was larping to attract more clients, however later I read on Tabans website:

View attachment 359651

View attachment 359640

Upper eyelid fillers last 2 years on average! Considering a filler injection costs 400 $/euros this means you can fix upper eyelid exposure with 200 dollars a year.

Fat Graft for UEE

Fat grafting to get hooded eyes is possible and also forum users underwent it [2].
The requirement of fat grafting is being at least above 22% bodyfat otherwise docts will not dispose of donor fat areas.
Once the fat grafting is done, provided that a decent amout of grafter fat survives, one can lose weight again and the grafted fat will not shrink.
I will report my specific experience. While I was doing fat grafting for my tear though, I asked the doctor if he could inject some fat to get hooded eyes. He answered that because of my upper orbital shape, fat grafting was not possible. This implies that fat grafting for hooded eyes is not suitable for all patients.

Implant to fix UEE

View attachment 359636

- lateral rim implant
Cheaper alternative perhaps— ICE HOODING